• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.

SZGF

Banned
The dota jungle isn't more consistent and is way more 'burden of Knowledgey' largely due to the invisible mechanic of the spawn box. You could have a camp never spawn all game and have no clue why it happened.

While I dont agree 100% with jungle timers ingame, they did make a compromise and require people to check it with TAB.

Type2

yup

one of the great things to spawn from trying to debate zombas with the enemy

huh what are you talking about :/

small camps are 50s, buffs are 5m, drag is 6m and baron is 7m

these timers only tell you about buffs, dragon and baron and only if you saw them die

they probably could've added inhibitor timers while they were at it
Inhib timers should remain self times. It would be nice for them to have a rebuilding minion/animation for it in the new Sr though.

zkylon

zkylewd
i think they should like color code the blue buff/red buff things or something cos knowing which one is which from only location on the hud is kind of not so good.

also this confuses me:
Yes, blue and red are tracked. You'll get the timer for a camp if you have vision of the camp when it's cleared, if not you'll just know that it's not up, but not when it will come back (same functionality as the current minimap icons)."

like, if enemy jungler clears his red out of vision it can't possible show it as cleared right? like that seems downright broken

SZGF

Banned
i think they should like color code the blue buff/red buff things or something cos knowing which one is which from only location on the hud is kind of not so good.

also this confuses me:

like, if enemy jungler clears his red out of vision it can't possible show it as cleared right? like that seems downright broken

They said it operates like the minimap icons. If the enemy jungler clears his red, your minimap doesnt update it does it?

also this confuses me:

It means it'll work the same way it works now. If you got to say dragon and it's not there, the timer bar will just tell you dragon is dead. When it spawns again, it'll tell you it's up, just like the mini map does now, but you won't get the exact timer.

You only know a camp respawned if you saw the empty camp, and you only get the timer if you saw the camp get killed.

zkylon

zkylewd
yea like i figured it'll work the same but still read weird for me

also
TpZ2haT.png

yup

TheFatOne

Man I really wonder about the league community. Played a game in aram as jax. A Nami stole all my kills. No problem that's fine, but for whatever reason he/she refused to purchase any items. Finally the Nami bought items after they killed our entire team and got to the final two turrets.

SZGF

Banned
Man I really wonder about the league community. Played a game in aram as jax. A Nami stole all my kills. No problem that's fine, but for whatever reason he/she refused to purchase any items. Finally the Nami bought items after they killed our entire team and got to the final two turrets.

You're gonna have to be clearer there.

TheFatOne

You're gonna have to be clearer there.

Nami steals all of the kills, and stays back all game. Then does not purchase a single item until it's way to late and the other team has already won the game. The player decided to only buy items when the other team was destroying our base after getting the ace. Seems like every game I either get people being toxic in chat, or people being selfish and refusing to help the team.

SZGF

Banned
Nami steals all of the kills, and stays back all game. Then does not purchase a single item until it's way to late and the other team has already won the game. The player decided to only buy items when the other team was destroying our base after getting the ace. Seems like every game I either get people being toxic in chat, or people being selfish and refusing to help the team.

Yeah but people can't buy any items at all unless they die - in ARAM

so what's the deal with starting flask on midlaners now? I dunno if it's small sample size or what but I feel like every game I've played mid this patch, the other mid had a flask.

My sona never died in ARAM unless I wanted to....

zkylon

zkylewd
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEshBE3EdQw

pretty good dlift vid on the adc changes. i gotta agree, much like he did i really overrated the value of the bt shield but like we've been talking before, it's just ie rush now and adcs feel a lot weaker in the mid game

as a mid laner i don't really mind, i thought adcs were pretty stupid last patch, but since i've been playing tons of adc i can really say i agree with that idea that playing like cait and trist is not gonna be the thing for me and i'll prolly go back to mid if those are the adcs to main.

we'll see

so what's the deal with starting flask on midlaners now? I dunno if it's small sample size or what but I feel like every game I've played mid this patch, the other mid had a flask.

hasn't been my experience :I

TheFatOne

Yeah but people can't buy any items at all unless they die - in ARAM

He/she also kept stealing the life because of mana issues that would have easily been solved by dying once on purpose. Not buying any items is ok when you are winning. When the other team is pushing hard and you can't help the team you have to bite the bullet die once and buy items. That nami was useless to the team.
My sona never died in ARAM unless I wanted to....

That's perfectly fine if you're winning. When you are getting pushed hard and loosing it would be way better to die once with all that money you have accumulated.

SZGF

Banned
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEshBE3EdQw

pretty good dlift vid on the adc changes. i gotta agree, much like he did i really overrated the value of the bt shield but like we've been talking before, it's just ie rush now and adcs feel a lot weaker in the mid game

as a mid laner i don't really mind, i thought adcs were pretty stupid last patch, but since i've been playing tons of adc i can really say i agree with that idea that playing like cait and trist is not gonna be the thing for me and i'll prolly go back to mid if those are the adcs to main.

we'll see

hasn't been my experience :I

What plop. His main complaint is that ADC take too long to turn on? They are stronger late game this patch and so you accept it. They are also the 'carry fantasy'.

Lets also not forget that he implies that (4.09) dorans + BT + zerkers is equivalent to (4.10) dorans x 2 + IE + zerkers + PD. Which if you just think about it, is completely wrong. He focuses so much on this concept that he NEEDS PD to be the same as dorans + BT (bullshit). dorans x2 + IE is already as good as it.

His Tristana complaint is really weird too. If you don't shit on her, you'll get outscaled, if you shit on her you still eventually get outscaled. Okay? Also misrepresenting the fact that it buys you time when you shit on her. He also admites that all this analysis is based on the fact that his favourite adc arent the best? That shouldn't even matter.

I don't really get his complaint that you take 25 minutes to be relevant with IE. IE hurts by itself. A lot.

If anything, ADs are more relevant early on because now you get to actually be able to kill shit other than towers and dragon since you can crit.

Not like a Lucian with BT.

Blame Lucian for everything.
Jokes aside, I kinda do. Lucian is basically the disease that turned ADs into BT rushing siege minions in competitive play.

Maybe it's time pros adapt for once and start actually laning. They might get the kills to actually be "relevant" 14 minutes in.

zkylon

zkylewd
What plop. His main complaint is that ADC take too long to turn on? They are stronger late game this patch and so you accept it. They are also the 'carry fantasy'.

Lets also not forget that he implies that (4.09) dorans + BT + zerkers is equivalent to (4.10) dorans x 2 + IE + zerkers + PD. Which if you just think about it, is completely wrong. He focuses so much on this concept that he NEEDS PD to be the same as dorans + BT (bullshit). dorans x2 + IE is already as good as it.
yea the money thing doesn't really make much sense, but ie alone doesn't take adcs to crazy mode like bt did last patch

which i think is rightfully nerfed as adcs were pretty stupid on 4.9

His Tristana complaint is really weird too. If you don't shit on her, you'll get outscaled, if you shit on her you still eventually get outscaled. Okay? Also misrepresenting the fact that it buys you time when you shit on her. He also admites that all this analysis is based on the fact that his favourite adc arent the best? That shouldn't even matter.
why not

it's his impression of the patch and the effect it has on the game

if it rewards lame adcs over cool adcs he's full on right to whine about it

SZGF

Banned
because using language that "IF x" then he is "full on right to whine about it" is saying that he is justified in complaining because 'lame = buffed and cool = nerfed' is an affront to the game n community n that he is CORRECT in doing so

while all you really can say is that what he thinks is cool (caster adc) are nerfed

pigeon

Banned
lame and cool r subjective

I dunno, I think Doublelift identifies the specific factors he's reacting to when he calls something lame.

Riot's explicit goal with this patch was to buff ADCs that rely on auto attacks (Tristana is the classic example) compared to ADCs that rely on abilities (Lucian is the classic example). Doublelift's contention is that ability-based ADCs are more interesting to play and have a higher skill cap, so this change makes the game less interesting and reduces the value of skillful play as ADC, which is obviously pretty relevant to him. You might disagree, but I think it's more detailed than "lame."

The other two main points he made are that ADCs take longer to become relevant, which is probably true because the overall item changes probably do add up to ADC item nerfs, and that hyper carries are frustrating design in general.

Basically, against Jax/Tristana/maybe Nasus, the counterplay is 1) bully them hard in lane, and then 2) win the game before they catch up. Since 2) is already the goal, this basically means that champs like this put a clock on the game.

Now, I don't think this argument holds up given the lousy performance of hyper carries in LCS this season, but it is an argument!

Blizzard

Banned
Today in ranked my team tries to raise my spirits.

rengar3h2snd.png

It turns out as one might expect, they were an INCREDIBLY toxic player. Apparently muted everyone (did not reply to any questions all game, group when asked, back up when asked, or communicate in any form but one). The one form of communication was raging at teammates. Allchat, teamchat, postgame lobby, etc. He got outdamaged by the very jungler he spent most of the game raging at.

In addition as kassadin, they wandered alone constantly, even at 35+ minutes into the game, with inhibs down. See a bruiser? Attack it. Die because 3 other teammates appear out of the jungle? Shocking. We probably could have managed a come-from-behind victory if not for their absolute REFUSAL to stop roaming like that into the jungle alone without wards.

I forgot how much damage Riven did. I got a quadrakill, stopping a baron, and missed the pentakill by one attack. :'( And still lost, and I hadn't even played Riven in forever.

zkylon

zkylewd
because using language that "IF x" then he is "full on right to whine about it" is saying that he is justified in complaining because 'lame = buffed and cool = nerfed' is an affront to the game n community n that he is CORRECT in doing so

while all you really can say is that what he thinks is cool (caster adc) are nerfed
he is right to whine about what he perceives to be bad for the game

you don't need to go on the whole "subjective" thing when people say medal of honor warfighter is shit, he says those carries are lame, he gives his reasons why, he says who he thinks are actually good

he's offering his opinion, which holds value since the guy plays the role professionally

he's got every right to whine about it because he's a player of the game just like you and me

and overall i agree, i think tristana and caitlyn are boring champions. i don't think lucian's any more fun but certainly i'd rather see/play more jinx and twitch and kog than those two

i don't know what you want me to tell you dude

Brutalx2

What do you guys think about statikk shiv on jinx? I looked for a guide in Solomid and it recommend me to use statikk shiv on her but i don't know :\

Newt

What do you guys think about statikk shiv on jinx? I looked for a guide in Solomid and it recommend me to use statikk shiv on her but i don't know :\
Pretty nice second item on her. I recommend it. Good luck out there Daru :).

Edit: Though, if you can afford PD, get that instead. If you can't afford PD, but can afford Shiv get Shiv.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I don't really see the point unless your team was severely deprived of wave clear. You can find a guide that says just about anything though.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Man, support Zyra is just as powerful as I remember her. The peel potential of the ult and the plants is amazing.

The dream is real.

2JqXU3T.png

Plat is my goal for this season.

zkylon

zkylewd
iMO9GOlrcZX2A.png

...phew

first ranked lux game i play in a long while, but i felt like playing lux <3

and carried the shit out of this game. noc, annie and panth were doing like a routine where they would blame each other for super random reasons and lucian was i guess high or something.

fortunately i was pretty on point, that thresh was by far the worst thresh i've ever seen (seriously i can't believe that guy's plat) and trist kept reset-baiting herself into my snares

i feel like lux might actually be pretty good in a long range adc meta since she can kill them without risking much

it's ok, nowadays i've been running phantom dancer more since it's more crit and she doesn't need the extra waveclear from the statikk passive but it's perfectly fine

i usually just buy for whichever i have money at the moment

Blizzard

Banned
I literally dodge every Rengar I see. I do not want that piece of trash champion on my team. This guy did you a favour.
That seems like a mean thing to say -- did you read about how he was harassing and griefing as well? Plus I'm very low silver/bronze, and you're diamond -- isn't it a little different for me?

Rengar is also one of my very few 60+ game champions with >50% win rate. It's down close to 50% now but he's one of the few I do well with.

I don't think he was the one who banned Rengar either, so what do you mean he was doing me a favor? He was a jerk ingame.

I finally got someone to duo with me. Halfway through the game, their girlfriend showed up. SOME DAY I am going to find someone to duo who can play/focus all game. :'(

i would duo with you but i honestly think rengar is an awful garbage champ whose role as an ad assassin is much better achieved by fiora/riven/zed/yasuo/anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom