• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
The time is now!

Fx0cOhP.png

Nekofrog

Banned
anyone ever qualified for a promo series in the middle of champ select?

i had like 90something LP, then it was my turn to pick and suddenly a popup message that I was in promos.

do u have death cap and void and lichbane and nashor??

*taking the LoL dictionary out*

Y-yes ?

I usually begins with nashor>hurricane>boots>purple hat thing> void> random gear

But to be honest I cant make all the gear, the match ends before the purple hat due ragequit or we are "snowballing" the enemy team.

Today I was trying to figure out with the sword that gives me AS buffs and tomorrow I will try the hextech gun. Never tried kyle with the lich bane

Jeff-DSA

I feel like it should say congratulations with quotation marks around it until you get to Gold.

But whatever, my journey back to Silver 2 and beyond is on.

Edit: I don't know how I won the promo series. My team was a joke from the get go. We had two supports picked, and then my support left the lane after dying a couple of times and said, "You suck, MF, I'm done. Never play ADC again" and then just roamed the map, dying. I held it together, despite a couple of deaths after that, and they never took the inner bottom turret, though losing the outer was unavoidable.

We were down so much in that game, and the Zyra would pull up a surrender vote which always went 2-3 to keep playing. I kept telling them that teams throw a lot in Bronze, so just stick with it. Eventually the other team threw, and it was glorious.

Tizoc

Nah, I would never go double rejuv. I'd go Doran's shield if I thought the lane was that tough.

I would never build IE on Fiora. Only crit items I would ever build are Trinity Force and Ghost Blade.

Interesting, I'll try this on Fiora in a future build, thanks for the tips.

Jeff-DSA

I'm so happy that NeoGAF is feeling the Fiora love.

My favorite build on her is Hydra, Boots, Youmuu's, Bloodthirster, and then I deviate a bit based on what the team is doing, but I like Last Whisper, Black Cleaver, or Guardian Angel to pick from when rounding out the late game.

Tizoc

My favorite build on her is Hydra, Boots, Youmuu's, Bloodthirster, and then I deviate a bit based on what the team is doing, but I like Last Whisper, Black Cleaver, or Guardian Angel to pick from when rounding out the late game.

Last whisper IMO is preferable, works well with Youmuu's and when you Ulti, each hit will apply Hydra and the later hits on the same target will still do decent damage thanks to the armor pen.

johnathon_gat

Neo Member

fEnjNgU.png

Feeling the love for sure.

He's still better than Yorick
Better than Tear Yorick.

Which truth to be told, isn't much of an accomplishment.

How and where do you play Quinn?

I want to learn to play with her, but I don't know if she is good.
Top and mid (against melee assassins) feel like her strongest lanes to me. I'm also fond of maxing her Vault first against most melees for defensive and offensive purposes; easy way to create some distance if someone like Renekton tries to dash in on you (a futile attempt) and it marks her target, so if you time it right you could proc your passive twice in quick succession. Not sure how to build her nowadays with the changed ADC itemization though, but I never was a fan of BoRK rush that I see a lot of players go for. It was too lackluster before and I doubt this has changed.

The idea of the BotrK, Ghostblade, Shiv build is that you use it to make yourself into a super mobile, bursty assassin that just wrecks squishies. You use all the actives and the shiv proc to throw down a tonne of burst in your ult.

drawkcaB

Wouldn't Quinn played top or mid pick up BT first? She's generally picked against melee champions so she should have a pretty easy time stacking the overshield, her AD scaling passive is the source of her most sustained and dependable damage in lane, and it'll benefit her splitpush more than BotRK will.

Jeff-DSA

Well, I'm still winning, but it's pretty clear that the BT nerf hurts Miss Fortune a bit more than I was expecting. The double Doran's Sword IE does seem to be the way to open, but she feels weaker early than I thought she would be. You really have to have a patient support that is ok waiting for you to scale up a bit. If they die and feed a kill to the other ADC, you're in trouble if they get their IE too far ahead of you.

I still like her and she'll be my go to for the short term, but I might swing back towards Jinx if I don't get into a better groove in the early game. It just feels like Jinx, Lucian, and Caitlyn are all able to bully MF around for the first 6 levels more than ever.

If you're going to ditch BT as your 4th/5th item, get a BoTRK instead.

And the BT nerf does not change MF's early game like at all. You spike with a BFS and everyone else gets their first item later, nothing has changed.

Jeff-DSA

If you're going to ditch BT as your 4th/5th item, get a BoTRK instead.

And the BT nerf does not change MF's early game like at all. You spike with a BFS and everyone else gets their first item later, nothing has changed.

Aside from her Q, it's not the easiest to trade with some of the other ADCs. Going the BT route gave her extra sustain and let you go in a bit more. Now you have to play a bit less aggressive. It does change things not having that BF/Vamp or full BT at level 6.

Aside from her Q, it's not the easiest to trade with some of the other ADCs. Going the BT route gave her extra sustain and let you go in a bit more. Now you have to play a bit less aggressive. It does change things not having that BF/Vamp or full BT at level 6.
If sustain is a problem you can always go back to LS quints plus double dorans.

The enemy ADC isn't getting their first item by 6 either.

Ocho

Last night I learned Karma hard counters Jinx. I got zoned so hard by Karma + Corki. If the leash stunned me, it was gg. I died three times in lane. :(

We almost win late game, though.

heytred

Neo Member
Start a game, win it like a boss, excited to finally get into my promos for Gold andddddd.... 99LP

-.-

Must you troll me Riot?

This happened to me with my promos to Silver II this weekend... 99LP, won the next game, got into promos, won another... then lost two in a row. That 1 LP was the difference between Silver II and staying where I am.

-_-

Jeff-DSA

If sustain is a problem you can always go back to LS quints plus double dorans.

I might, actually. I just need to play around with her a bit more. Double Doran's is definitely the path for most ADCs to be on, I don't disagree with that. I just want to be able to trade as well as I used to. Maybe that's just being greedy, but I always felt that it was pretty easy to win the CS battle by pushing people off with your Q and a quick follow up.

Anyway, I think I asked, but forgot. Do we have any regular Darius players around here? I see him carry a lot, but have never given him a try. I'm pretty dang solid with Renekton or Fiora on top, but Darius seems pretty fun.

Darius is kinda poop atm. He can cheese but most top tier top laners will slap his shit. I'd wait for his rework.
Last night I learned Karma hard counters Jinx. I got zoned so hard by Karma + Corki. If the leash stunned me, it was gg. I died three times in lane. :(

We almost win late game, though.
Karma wasn't the problem in that lane. Corki was.

This happened to me with my promos to Silver II this weekend... 99LP, won the next game, got into promos, won another... then lost two in a row. That 1 LP was the difference between Silver II and staying where I am.

-_-

Let me guess, during promos you had at least one match where someone AFK'ed? Happens to me damn near every time I'm in a series.

:(

heytred

Neo Member
Let me guess, during promos you had at least one match where someone AFK'ed? Happens to me damn near every time I'm in a series.

No, I played against a Diamond smurf Yasuo who went 15/0...

Knew he was a Diamond because we have mutual friends. Sad day. Other game was just a legitimate loss.

I give Karma more credit because her stun couldn't miss and is targetable. I would've fared better against any other support.
The range on the snare is pretty shitty. You probably just need more experience on the match up.

Corki is a real pain in the butterino though, even with the dodgeable Q.

Jeff-DSA

In the 2nd match of my promos last night my team picked two supports, so Taric ended up in mid. My support, who was AFK to start, ended up dying in the lane a couple of times, abandoned the lane (while blaming me for their stupid over aggressive play), and went to roam. I had to play bot alone. Taric then went AFK for a while. Repeated surrender votes barely failed, but we came back and won by some miracle.

Tried Swain again. Stomped Nidalee in lane at first until they started ganking the hell out of me until I was 0/4. They picked up two Morellonomicons out of spite. Good lord.
Ended up 11/8/14 and won

Jeff-DSA

Tried Swain again. Stomped Nidalee in lane at first until they started ganking the hell out of me until I was 0/4. They picked up two Morellonomicons out of spite. Good lord.
Ended up 11/8/14 and won

Man, I've seen Swain absolutely dominate games. I love having a Swain mid when I'm jungling. Keep feeding him blue buffs and watch him wreck his lane.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Ended up 11/8/14 and won

Man, I've seen Swain absolutely dominate games. I love having a Swain mid when I'm jungling. Keep feeding him blue buffs and watch him wreck his lane.

Swain's one of my favorite champs. Lot of fun, especially in a teamfight

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Swain is such a lane bully. I just hate his late game, no burst damage, and his life steal is never high enough when ADC can kill you with 2 crits.

I do love it when swain became an unkillable machine when fed mid game though.

Einbroch

Banned
Quinn talk? Oh boy!

I never go Quinn bot lane. It's just too easy to counter. Top lane and mid is where she shines. Top Quinn is max E first with BotRK, Brutalizer, then Frozen Mallet. Frozen Mallet will give you some tank when you ult in and amazing disengage and damage with E ==> AA. Some people go ASPD boots, I go tank boots. If your team needs a tank, then get a Randuins, if you feel comfortable, go Last Whisper. Quinn doesn't scale amazingly, so a mix of damage and tank is best for her. Her W gives her a nice attack speed boost while ulting, so that's more than enough damage. I feel people that build her as an assassin are doing it wrong, but if it works for them, it works for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom