• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff-DSA

So today starts the journey out of Bronze 1. I think I'm going to keep on the Miss Fortune, Ziggs, Katarina, Renekton, Fiora train. Playing them has done wonders for my win rates.

tm24

wukong in the jungle, yasou in mid and me going around as nami is hilarious. Knockups for days and making sure that spinning monkey doesnt die.

Coming back to this from last night,

tze8T5h.png

What could Raid Boss Renekton have bought to carry this game? His CS is rather eye-popping, and he did the most champ damage in the game. I thought he made the right armor calls considering the team was all AD, but I'm not sure about the Trinity Force?

Tizoc

I am sick and fucking tired of getting shit support whenever I decided to got as an adc.
I am sick and fucking tired of this shit.
...and next time I am getting fucking boots

Mothman91

Maybe I should've bought Fiora or Yasuo instead of Jayce lol. He has a huge skill cap.

Also didn't help that I had heal, ap runes, and ap masteries on.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
What could Raid Boss Renekton have bought to carry this game? His CS is rather eye-popping, and he did the most champ damage in the game. I thought he made the right armor calls considering the team was all AD, but I'm not sure about the Trinity Force?
Renekton doesn't carry games once multiple people start getting to full builds.

Mothman91

Renekton falls off once late game comes around. His early and mid game is where he shines the most.

drawkcaB

A single item choice didn't break that game for Renekton, although there were better options.

You're impressed at this farm - me not so much. It probably came at price; taking his focus off of objectives to get a bit more CS. 200 CS at 20 mins? Amazing. That's player dominating his lane. 400 CS at 50 mins? That's a player who won his lane and did fuck all with the advantage. I'm going to assume they all had this problem, actually. They're all more farmed than your team.

What could Raid Boss Renekton..

And our survey says:
Renekton doesn't carry games once multiple people start getting to full builds.
Renekton falls off once late game comes around. His early and mid game is where he shines the most.

Ding!

Personally speaking, Rene just isn't that good and it genuinely baffles me why people contest him for top pick, and assuming they're not banned, he's behind Jax, Irelia, Trundle and Shyv.

Then of course we have the late game meta, and in Rene's case, he just doiesn't excel at anything late game. He cant out-tank other comparable champs and he can't out damage them.

I think if you're going to play Renekton to his best then going full damage like that 'Diamond Rene' guide from a few months back which was full damage plus a SV/RO.

Ferrio

Banned
And our survey says:

Ding!

Personally speaking, Rene just isn't that good and it genuinely baffles me why people contest him for top pick, and assuming they're not banned, he's behind Jax, Irelia, Trundle and Shyv.

Then of course we have the late game meta, and in Rene's case, he just doiesn't excel at anything late game. He cant out-tank other comparable champs and he can't out damage them.

I think if you're going to play Renekton to his best then going full damage like that 'Diamond Rene' guide from a few months back which was full damage plus a SV/RO.

Probably because he wins lane easily, and when someone wins their lane they automatically assume they've won.

brian!

late game rene isnt as strong but still has options esp if his flash is up
for example he's pretty good at popping multiple bv and stunning priority targets
his split push suffers depending on the matchup
hes still an aoe tank that does considerable damage if he's ignored, and does his job ok if he's focused

rene would be super popular in comp play if lane swaps werent a thing, as it is he's great in top in non competitive since he wins most matchups in tele top meta (tho lulu/kayle prtty popular atm)

I am sick and fucking tired of getting shit support whenever I decided to got as an adc.
I am sick and fucking tired of this shit.
...and next time I am getting fucking boots

It depends, I encountered many adcs saying its my fault as a support for not going suicidal against the other adc while the tank is hitting us, leaving us both in low health and their enemy ADC just decides to turn back and attack us. So I have to spend all my healing kit to sustain the damage and still my adc wants to kill them both now, everything at lvl 3.

Saying this, it really impact my adc bro mentality of running in a vendetta against the other adc.

Jeff-DSA

late game rene isnt as strong but still has options esp if his flash is up
for example he's pretty good at popping multiple bv and stunning priority targets
his split push suffers depending on the matchup
hes still an aoe tank that does considerable damage if he's ignored, and does his job ok if he's focused

rene would be super popular in comp play if lane swaps werent a thing, as it is he's great in top in non competitive since he wins most matchups in tele top meta (tho lulu/kayle prtty popular atm)

Lane swaps aren't a thing in bronze so I'm a straight bully with Renekton up top. Winning the lane isn't a question, even against counter picks in most cases. His W is really valuable in team fights though. You can E through their line, W their ADC or mage, and delay their involvement in the team fight while soaking up damage.

Late game it does get a little harder, sure. I think the idea behind Renekton is that you can wreck your lane and start helping after you hit your 200 CS mark and you guys win the game as quickly as possible.

He's so fun during the lane phase though. E into the enemy, W, Q, and E back out. You don't have to hang around to take any damage and you really hurt them while pushing the wave. Ward up well and be ready to E away when the jungler comes and there's not a whole lot teams can do to deal with you. Your CS explodes and theirs suffers.

zkylon

zkylewd
Probably because he wins lane easily, and when someone wins their lane they automatically assume they've won.
well it's not s3 anymore but winning lane can still markedly win you the game specially with a champion that can make shit happen mid game like renek

and like renek couldn't buy anything that would kill a lategame trist

trinity force was maybe a good idea to melt turrets if he was splitpushing, which i assume he was given his cs

brian!

while a lot of games are decided during laning
rene, maybe more than other tops, has to balance good decisions in a won lane (which isn't necessarily a given since I feel like most ppl have played against renekton 8000 times)
a lot of his opponents scale better than him, so if rene leaves he has to either be covered or get something meaningful done. there are a lot of situations where rene can do great but his other lanes fail, and he's not in a good position to solve that problem

the new ad stylez also help burn down champs like renek quicker in the late game
like any "early" champ has this desperation associated with them, and it's like worsened by the idea that renekton is a tanky bruiser dude that will usually scale worse than the other bruiser dood or whatever that is at top

DeadNames

Banned
Man I hate IE rush so much. Whoever gets it first can DOMINATE so hard. Seriously. Doesn't help that ranged ADs are pretty much immune to melees now either.

Jeff-DSA

Man I hate IE rush so much. Whoever gets it first can DOMINATE so hard. Seriously. Doesn't help that ranged ADs are pretty much immune to melees now either.

I don't like it much either. It's the way to go, but I'm going to start looking for alternatives and playing around a bit. You're at the mercy of your support so much more now than ever too.

zkylon

zkylewd
pls notice me closer senpai

actually it's supposed to be the other way around since new ie is less of a powerspike than old bt?

at least that's the impression i'm getting

Jeff-DSA

actually it's supposed to be the other way around since new ie is less of a powerspike than old bt?

at least that's the impression i'm getting

The problem is not just the power, it's the crit percentage. You get hit with a crit a couple of times and you're screwed. You can't trade anymore at all since they're slapping you with crits every 3rd or 4th hit.

clemenx

Banned
Soo, played my first ranked ever and eveyrone was Silver but me. Felt a bit intimidated, should stop checking the teams before playing. I was more scared of screwing up and enraging my team than the other team though.

But we won pretty easily and I outplayed the rival adc by far. Good start.

Mothman91

Soo, played my first ranked ever and eveyrone was Silver but me. Felt a bit intimidated, should stop checking the teams before playing. I was more scared of screwing up and enraging my team than the other team though.

Silver/Bronze is not a huge difference. Gold you might notice something but nothing wrong in checking for runes and such. Sometimes they might have the wrong runes or no armor/mr and you can punish them for that.

zkylon

zkylewd
The problem is not just the power, it's the crit percentage. You get hit with a crit a couple of times and you're screwed. You can't trade anymore at all since they're slapping you with crits every 3rd or 4th hit.
i dunno i never felt like i couldn't shit on the other adc if i had bt and he hadn't

i actually think it's a lot less snowbally since it takes a bunch of crits instead of like mega one lvl 6 combo bt burst to kill people in lane now

which makes bot lane less fun for me that i'm just waiting til mid gets fun again <3

yea don't lolking the game unless it helps you (like i personally really enjoy playing against like diamonds cos i take a lot of pleasure when i drive them mad to the point they start whining in /all chat)

don't be scared of silvers tho, silvers are just less random bronzers

golds are smug silvers

plats are racist golds

diamonds are all trolls

like don't get intimidated by ranks, people suck at all levels

dimb

You couldn't trade with someone who had BT over you early either. At least now they don't also have a significant advantage of sustain and a headstart on midgame scaling.

Jeff-DSA

You couldn't trade with someone who had BT over you early either. At least now they don't also have a significant advantage of sustain and a headstart on midgame scaling.

Right, but the problem is that you can't go BT as an alternative. You'll lose that fight every time. There's essentially one path for ADCs now for first item.

Hrm, when was this posted? oh, only like 40 minutes ago

Jungle timers being added in game. Coming in today's PBE update.

-----------------------

I like that timers are being added to the game. Typing them out and doing the (even very simple) math was a hassle and didn't really increase player skill all that much. Like I keep timers anyway in chat but not having to type them is nice.

Might be easier to corral people for objectives now. Wonder if you can click the enemy timers to estimate when it was done?

dimb

Right, but the problem is that you can't go BT as an alternative. You'll lose that fight every time. There's essentially one path for ADCs now for first item.
Before the patch it was just BT first. There's still the split between BotrK and IE as a first pick up for ADCs.

I like that they're being added. Makes it easier for those of us who already kept timers while also making everyone else more aware of objective timers on the maps, which should increase people's level of play overall.

don't think there's any real downside to this.

Ferrio

Banned
Hrm, when was this posted? oh, only like 40 minutes ago

Jungle timers being added in game. Coming in today's PBE update.

-----------------------

I like that timers are being added to the game. Typing them out and doing the (even very simple) math was a hassle and didn't really increase player skill all that much. Like I keep timers anyway in chat but not having to type them is nice.

Might be easier to corral people for objectives now. Wonder if you can click the enemy timers to estimate when it was done?

hahahhahaha, all that bitching about curse and they go ahead and do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom