• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
trying it on pbe now

timers only appear when you press tab

don't see a way of activating them myself

need to clear whole camp if there was any question about that

2+ years of nothing.

my point is curse voice's gameplay impact was never inconsistent with their existing approach to third part apps.

What you think i want you to call up your friends at riot and personally argue against lolnexus for me? lol son. it's a forum, we're just talking.

maybe you should ask them about it :/

I'm just not sure why you're bringing lolnexus into this since it has nothing to do with jungle timers.

This was clearly something the environment and clarity guys over there worked on while they were doing up SR. I imagine it would be a totally different team working on issues like lolnexus.

also you can't use lolnexus in client, like you could with curse voice.

my point that the biggest issue for them is that the information being presented in the way Curse voice presented it was only available to those that use Curse voice and not other people, giving them a distinct advantage over others that did not have Curse Voice was correct, as Riot outlined previously:

Automated timers: while our design team is still exploring whether we’d want to add any kind of built-in timers to League of Legends, we agree with many of you that having it accessible only through a third-party app is a clear competitive advantage between those who download it and those who do not, and isn’t acceptable.

so why are you arguing with me, saying that it wasn't an issue when it was outlined by Riot to be one of their major issues with the app? There were clearly other issues they had with it even extending beyond that, but that was the first major issue they had with it.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
maybe you should ask them about it :/

I'm just not sure why you're bringing lolnexus into this since it has nothing to do with jungle timers.
because the point against curse voice was about accessing information other players did not have.

also you can't use lolnexus in client, like you could with curse voice.
you can only use lolnexus in client. it does not work unless you are in the game itself, which brings us back to overlays which you contested as being the sole problem.

so why are you arguing with me, saying that it wasn't an issue when it was outlined by Riot to be one of their major issues with the app?
I am not saying 'riot did not say x' i'm saying 'riot was wrong when they said x'.

Blizzard

Banned
Hrm, when was this posted? oh, only like 40 minutes ago

Jungle timers being added in game. Coming in today's PBE update.

-----------------------

I like that timers are being added to the game. Typing them out and doing the (even very simple) math was a hassle and didn't really increase player skill all that much. Like I keep timers anyway in chat but not having to type them is nice.

Might be easier to corral people for objectives now. Wonder if you can click the enemy timers to estimate when it was done?
Sweet, no more spamming chat for objective times or having to use something external!

weird that they wouldn't give people ult timers for their teammates while they were at it
You're right though, this would be super nice.

brian!

i like these from nome's article
UY5X24r.png

98bKgDX.png

i like how the entire article makes me think about plating dishes

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Oh man, jungle timers. Awesome step in the right direction, for clarity. It feels like one of those stupid video game things where people are like, "No, it's a skill to do chores in the middle of a match!!!"
I fold my laundry while I play support. Don't tell me it isn't a skill.

unless it's night when minutes last 17% longer

or you have bought the carrot soup of magnificence which makes camps spawn only at prime numbers

or you're playing onion bro, the hero that's unaffected by time so he can go to any camp he wants and spawn it with a 23% chance or 29% if he grabs a rune

you know, if enemy team hasn't used the sigil of power and now all your jungle spawning spells just insta kill you
im just saying that a completely consistent thing has less burden of knowledge than some being 50 (?) seconds and others being a different time

seems to go against riot philosophy
roshan spawns every minute now?

since when is rosh in the jungle?

Ferrio

Banned
im just saying that a completely consistent thing has less burden of knowledge than some being 50 (?) seconds and others being a different time

In the end, the community has forced their hand. People have, and are using these tools. Now their stance from the beginning is "all or none", and since they can't control people from using it...they can include it themselves and everyone is on the same field now.

Same thing happened in WoW, ton of people using addons....some weren't. So blizzard continued to add those type of features into the base game.

Small camps at 50 seconds and buffs at five minutes. You're saying buffs should spawn every 50 seconds? I think their goal is to be as consistent as possible, but within the confines of design and balance.

Loona

Looks like I picked a fine time to start playing this - some guys at my office do, so I figured I'd take a crack at it.

Been messing around with Warwick (innate life drain seems handy), exclusively in Versus AI (Intermediate since that got unlocked, mostly summoner's rift, but occasionally dropping by 3v3) matches to get the hang of things. Currently level 6, no runes (waiting for level 20 so I'm not stuck with the Lesser ones).

I still have no idea how to activate items or wards, despite the free item that supposed to let me use them.

I read WW is supposed to be best at jungling, so I've been trying to focus on that, but when I do it seems I don't level as fast as the rest of the team, and I get the feeling I'm not helping out as much as I should...

Still, it's mostly been wins, with the exception of today - even with a gold-framed teammate who was getting kills frequently we had an obnoxious guy doing nothing productive and insulting everyone else at the end...

Newt

Looks like I picked a fine time to start playing this - some guys at my office do, so I figured I'd take a crack at it.

Been messing around with Warwick (innate life drain seems handy), exclusively in Versus AI (Intermediate since that got unlocked, mostly summoner's rift, but occasionally dropping by 3v3) matches to get the hang of things. Currently level 6, no runes (waiting for level 20 so I'm not stuck with the Lesser ones).

I still have no idea how to activate items or wards, despite the free item that supposed to let me use them.

I read WW is supposed to be best at jungling, so I've been trying to focus on that, but when I do it seems I don't level as fast as the rest of the team, and I get the feeling I'm not helping out as much as I should...

Still, it's mostly been wins, with the exception of today - even with a gold-framed teammate who was getting kills frequently we had an obnoxious guy doing nothing productive and insulting everyone else at the end...
WW works fine top for your purposes.

As for active items, just use the number keys.

Nekofrog

Banned

you have been initiated. luckily for you it only happens once and now you'll never have to deal with rude and insulting people ever again! clear sailing from here on out!

Blizzard

Banned
you have been initiated. luckily for you it only happens once and now you'll never have to deal with rude and insulting people ever again! clear sailing from here on out!
How true this is, I'm fortunate I got that one player who was rude at the end of a game out of the way early, and was able to play hundreds of peaceful games after.

pigeon

Banned

It's not unusual for the jungler to be a little behind, especially when you're starting out -- junglers benefit way more than laners from runes and masteries in terms of how quickly they can gain experience. But it's okay for you to be behind, because your job is rarely to 1v1 an opposing teammate, but rather to force 2v1s by ganking the enemy when they're overextended.

The reason Warwick is a great starting jungler is partly because he has great sustain but also partly because he has the best newbie gank in the game at 6. Just go to a lane where the opponent is pushed up and your laner is present, target the opponent, and mash R. You'll teleport to them, stun them for 1.8 seconds, and do damage. The only way it could be easier is if it also pinged them right before you attacked them.

(Also, remember to ping the enemy before you gank them so your laner knows to come in.)

You'll know you're a successful jungler not when you're keeping up in xp with everybody else but when your laners are all ahead of their opponents because you've helped them get kills and outfarm.

johnathon_gat

Neo Member
A summoner (Ezreal) has disconnected.

Me (Fiddle) and Cait are going hypercarry mode, I say "GROUP 4 PUSH INHIB" .

Top Nidalee stays in jungle all game. "Nid can you come plz"
"Don't tell me what to do"
I ping ping ping, constant 3v5. We push inhibs, she goes to our blue and red buffs, doesn't fight with us once..
"It makes me happy making you guys mad"

Why have I been chatbanned for 30 games, but players who refuse to cooperate or even LEAVE don't seem to get punished?

pigeon

Banned
Was just discussing this a few mins ago.

I doubt they'll allow you to do it manually. If your team doesn't see it die I doubt you'll be able to do anything with the timer. Would be nice though.

Will see when I get on the PBE later.

So this turns out to work like so:
* See the camp die, get the automatic timer
* See the camp empty, get an indication that it's dead, but no timer. However, you will get an indication when the camp respawns. This is how the minimap indicators work currently.

So for the specific situation of timing enemy buffs early in the game, people will probably still be typing into chat. But for dragon and baron, it should replace a lot of bookkeeping.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Pancakes refuses to believe in the power of Ashe. The Draven was diamond 3, fyi.

I play pretty crappy in these games but I still think they're funny to watch.

Ranked Teams with NeoGAF - Ashe/Janna Trolling Time
(Watch this game and see how great their botlane was...)

Pure Rage - Spectating a certain gaffer's game
(Lower your volume)

Adventures in Ranked Teams - Soda cop, Soda cop, Does Whatever a Soda cop Does
(Skarner OP)

Adventures in Ranked Teams - NEVER LISTEN TO NEWT'S ADVICE

(I don't know what happened but Jax went thwack twhack)

So this turns out to work like so:
* See the camp die, get the automatic timer
* See the camp empty, get an indication that it's dead, but no timer. However, you will get an indication when the camp respawns. This is how the minimap indicators work currently.

So for the specific situation of timing enemy buffs early in the game, people will probably still be typing into chat. But for dragon and baron, it should replace a lot of bookkeeping.

aye, indeed.

I asked Nome about manual timing of enemy buffs on twitter:

Nome said:
Discussed, yes. The feature would be difficult to implement without being tamper-proof, unless it was local-only.

So unless they plan to implement a local only timing mechanism in the future, manual timing will indeed still be chat based for that stuff.

uhhhhhhhh. someone has a serious anger issue.

video games guys

relax the kacks

The free item is called Trinket. There are varieties you can pick up at the shop. Changing colors puts it on a 3 min cooldown.
Yellow (default) - free ward. Grants vision on an area for 1-3 mins. Generally best especially for beginners
Red - reveals wards in an area. If fully upgraded, can reveal stealth champions
Blue - lets you peek in another spot on the map

By default it's binded to key 4. I changed mine to ~

Warwick is one of the slower junglers, which is why you level slower.

Whenever there's someone obnoxious, just mute via tab. Learn to never put up with it. It's a waste of time.

Type2

Man, I kind of want to play League of Legends.
where did all the purple go?

Edit: as far as jungle timers go I am hoping this will get the team to actually group for the objective before it happens without me having to post a countdown every 30 seconds reminding them when stuff is up.
I'd really like to see more teamfights around dragon instead of always getting the free ones from bot lane ganks.

zkylon

zkylewd
Was boken perma'd?
yup

one of the great things to spawn from trying to debate zombas with the enemy

huh what are you talking about :/

small camps are 50s, buffs are 5m, drag is 6m and baron is 7m

these timers only tell you about buffs, dragon and baron and only if you saw them die

they probably could've added inhibitor timers while they were at it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom