• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeadNames

Banned
Self-loathing confirmed.

They first picked fizz, and I hate fizz so I wanted to make his life hell.

I fell victim to a Lux support too yesterday. I'd already dodged 2 game sbefore that so I wasn't dodging again.

No wards, no damage, no CDR.

Ofc she was paired with the most toxic Dickmond 4 Corki known to man.

Edit: That Ryze build. Where is your FH? 20% (assuming masteries are +10) CDR on a Ryze is poor.

I was mid. The armor wouldn't do much very much good vs fizz.

They should drop the "unique" part of every item unique passive. Would make builds nuts.

Costy hire me.

6 tiamats.... Lol

Einbroch

Banned
6 tiamats.... Lol

Battle Fury stacks with Battle Fury.

I'm serious, though. Make the actives share cooldowns, but the passives should stack. Would certainly liven the game up and shake up the meta.

Enemy team full of melee champions? Stack Tiamats for the carries and Runaan's on the ranged. Enemy team have a lot of high health champions? Stack BotRKs on your ADC.

Some items would have to change or be nerfed, but it really would add a ton of variety in builds. Would make each game have it's own builds and be reactive.

Leezard

Battle Fury stacks with Battle Fury.

I'm serious, though. Make the actives share cooldowns, but the passives should stack. Would certainly liven the game up and shake up the meta.

Enemy team full of melee champions? Stack Tiamats for the carries and Runaan's on the ranged. Enemy team have a lot of high health champions? Stack BotRKs on your ADC.

Some items would have to change or be nerfed, but it really would add a ton of variety in builds. Would make each game have it's own builds and be reactive.
I'd say it would make builds more static, as the best course of action in almost any scenario would be to stack a single item, since the stats on a single item typically has good synergy depth itself. All items would need to be nerfed to the ground to accommodate for the extreme stacking cases : 4-6 frozen hearts would make any autoattacker useless, you could see what happened with black cleaver in pre-season 3, when the stats on that item was not unique. I'd rather have items with good, unique stats rather than watered down stackable items.
Dota is not a good example of allowing items to stack considering some items can barely stack with other items (orb effects, crit). I guess stacking the same item is a bit more common there.

Einbroch

Banned
I'd say it would make builds more static, as the best course of action in almost any scenario would be to stack a single item, since the stats on a single item typically has good synergy depth itself. All items would need to be nerfed to the ground to accommodate for the extreme stacking cases : 4-6 frozen hearts would make any autoattacker useless, you could see what happened with black cleaver in pre-season 3, when the stats on that item was not unique.
Dota is not a good example of allowing items to stack considering some items can barely stack with other items (orb effects, crit). I guess stacking the same item is a bit more common there.

Items could have diminishing returns or caps. Also, 4-6 frozen hearts would leave you with zero health, zero MR, and no damage. You would have no utility outside of countering an ADC or a carry jungle. One AP combo would insta-kill you, and to get 4-6 Frozen Hearts you would be spending 12k gold to counter one person, that's assuming it isn't changed or there isn't a cap (the cap would have to be placed on the enemy champion, ie, the enemy can only have their attack speed reduced by up to 60% from items, or whatever).

I just think that slapping a unique qualifier on an item is limiting the game.

But that's just one issue. Fully built items are way too gold efficient. Items, when built out, should give slot efficiency, not gold efficiency. That's just what I think, anyway.

Leezard

Items could have diminishing returns or caps. Also, 4-6 frozen hearts would leave you with zero health, zero MR, and no damage. You would have no utility outside of countering an ADC or a carry jungle. One AP combo would insta-kill you, and to get 4-6 Frozen Hearts you would be spending 12k gold to counter one person, that's assuming it isn't changed or there isn't a cap (the cap would have to be placed on the enemy champion, ie, the enemy can only have their attack speed reduced by up to 60% from items, or whatever).

I just think that slapping a unique qualifier on an item is limiting the game.

But that's just one issue. Fully built items are way too gold efficient. Items, when built out, should give slot efficiency, not gold efficiency. That's just what I think, anyway.
It might not have been the best example, you can put 2 frozen hearts on some different champs on the same team for the same effect. 3 bork and 2 lw would become ridiculous on any carry, and opening up stacking the same item just to introduce an arbitrary cap to discourage item stacking seems to be counter-intuitive, and is rather an argument for keeping it unique.
IMO, It's still much less limiting to avoid stacking of (some) strong items and let different items interact with each other than letting the same item stack with itself and then limit different items working with each other.
You seem to disagree with item design in the game as a whole though, considering the last bit.

Personally, I would like to see more interesting unique actives on items in league, i think dota does that well.

Einbroch

Banned
It might not have been the best example, you can put 2 frozen hearts on some different champs on the same team for the same effect. 3 bork and 2 lw would become ridiculous on any carry, and opening up stacking the same item just to introduce an arbitrary cap to discourage item stacking seems to be counter-intuitive, and is rather an argument for keeping it unique.
IMO, It's still much less limiting to avoid stacking of (some) strong items and let different items interact with each other than letting the same item stack with itself and then limit different items working with each other.
You seem to disagree with item design in the game as a whole though, considering the last bit.

I do. It just seems silly that as you spend more gold your items get more gold efficient. Some items are not like this, but others are. In my opinion, finishing items should be a choice, not the only choice. You should have to choose between item space or gold efficiency.

Still play this game more than any other, but it's kinda always been an issue with me.

Jeff-DSA

It's funny how often this works, but when I'm playing top and am on the purple side (top side), I can usually just sit in the bush at the top of the river (the one across from the tri bush) and wait. About 75% of the time the enemy top laner will come up that way, blindly into the bush from leashing for their jungler and I can make an awesome trade. I've managed to even pull off a couple of first blood kills right then and there, but usually I get them to at least burn a health pot or a summoner spell.

The only real worry is that their jungler, who should be nearby, might come up to help, so it's best to just throw down some cheap damage, get out, and go to lane after a favorable trade. This works very well against ranged/AP top laners, because I will generally hurt them a lot by catching them unaware.

Jeff-DSA

im pretty sure i made a tryndamere cry today after i held him to 80 cs over 20 minutes.

I did that to a Malphite last night. It was nasty what I did to him with Renekton. He ended up with 109 CS for the entire game. I only ended up with 230, but that's because I demoralized him so hard and pushed two towers down that I just roamed with my team and tanked up damage.

drawkcaB

It's funny how often this works, but when I'm playing top and am on the purple side (top side), I can usually just sit in the bush at the top of the river (the one across from the tri bush) and wait. About 75% of the time the enemy top laner will come up that way, blindly into the bush from leashing for their jungler and I can make an awesome trade. I've managed to even pull off a couple of first blood kills right then and there, but usually I get them to at least burn a health pot or a summoner spell.

The only real worry is that their jungler, who should be nearby, might come up to help, so it's best to just throw down some cheap damage, get out, and go to lane after a favorable trade. This works very well against ranged/AP top laners, because I will generally hurt them a lot by catching them unaware.

Similarly if you're playing a ranged vs. melee match-up in the mid and you know where their jungler is going to start, go near his mid-lane entrance from his buff and pepper him with auto-attacks. You'll be too far from the minions to attract agro and has no choice but to suck up ~3 AAs worth of damage.

Jeff-DSA

Similarly if you're playing a ranged vs. melee match-up in the mid and you know where their jungler is going to start, go near his mid-lane entrance from his buff and pepper him with auto-attacks. You'll be too far from the minions to attract agro and has no choice but to suck up ~3 AAs worth of damage.

Being a filthy Ziggs player, I always get a free bomb hit from doing this. I'm not sorry for my actions.

Not being the support makes me rage about other support who often tend to be adc and start building like if they were adcs or mids or something and go suicidal against the enemy adc

Server is down woot

Jeff-DSA

Not being the support makes me rage about other support who often tend to be adc and start building like if they were adcs or mids or something and go suicidal against the enemy adc

Server is down woot

I hate having aggressive supports. I get being aggressive if the match up favors it, but some supports think that they only way to play is to burn their mana up being as in the face of the other team as possible, even after they've died 2-3 times for it.

bakeray

im pretty sure i made a tryndamere cry today after i held him to 80 cs over 20 minutes.
I had a girl's boyfriend add me after a game and tell me I should have been nicer to her in the game. Apparently I had upset her over the course of the game because I asked her to please stop typing and actually play. Was one of those ones who would stand in the middle of the lane and type a goddamn research paper and not move at all then she'd get ganked and had about 60 less CS. she naturally didn't see anything wrong with typing like this and complained it was the jungle's fault. They also reported my friend who did not say anything to anyone the entire game. Love Silver.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
There are some match ups which force passive play like Leona/Blitz vs Nami/Sona but aside from that you should be trading as much as possible even against even matchups. If you don't, you're basically saying "I hope my team can carry me." since you're going to come out of lane even at best.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I hate having aggressive supports.
EdXSw8V.jpg
you guys

drawkcaB

Being a filthy Ziggs player, I always get a free bomb hit from doing this. I'm not sorry for my actions.

It's also fun for Orianna. Start shield to absorb any damage they may throw at you from ranged abilities and her passive starts to chunk with a few stacks.

I hate having aggressive supports.

Probably won't like me supporting you then - 'cause I drag my ADC to the party whether they wanna fight or not.

Jeff-DSA

if you're a passive support, you're either Soraka or a really bad support.

Aggressive meaning that they relentlessly attack and go beyond the minion lines, either forcing you to push up or constantly bail them out, even if you're behind. I hate that. Poking and harassing is good, diving pisses me off.

Aggressive meaning that they relentlessly attack and go beyond the minion lines, either forcing you to push up or constantly bail them out, even if you're behind. I hate that. Poking and harassing is good, diving pisses me off.
That doesn't have anything to do with them being aggressive or not, they are just shit.

Ultra aggressive supports that know their champion's limits and know what are they are doing is the best thing I could ask for as an ADC.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
There a line between pressing the enemies so the adc can attack them easily and attack them without the adc aid and go for the kill
If you don't want a support that feeds just say that. You could say the same thing about any role. All supports should be threatening in lane.

If you don't want a support that feeds just say that. You could say the same thing about any role. All supports should be threatening in lane.

Like if they ever see those white letters in the corner.....

EDIT; Everyone in my server are stuck in the champion selection

Jeff-DSA

Yeah, you're supposed to poke as support, I get that and I do it when I support. But even if they're not feeding, I hate when as an ADC you're the one burning your Heal spell to keep them alive because they go YOLO engage into a Leona/Lucian combo as Morgana or whatever. I guess that reckless is a better term for what I mean.

I mean, I guess it's equally problematic when your support is overly passive and they don't help out at all and the other two just bully you back to the tower all game long.

Musician

If you're not pushing for a fast lvl 2 I will damn well do it for you. How do adc's not know that you should (almost almost almost) always do this?

Subtle

Getting to Plat is the most frustrating experience ever. I know it's just a matter of time for the statistics to balance out but there are some terrible terrible players out there );

Jeff-DSA

If you're not pushing for a fast lvl 2 I will damn well do it for you. How do adc's not know that you should (almost almost almost) always do this?

I think most people get that. It's one of the reasons I love MF so much because you can push for a fast 2 while laying down good poke damage with her Q. I think you guys are totally missing what I'm saying though. Poke/harass = good. Diving into deaths = bad. It's more magnified now that everybody is rushing IE. If your support gets too jumpy and gives up a kill or two, the struggle to pull even after they get IE first is so much harder because their pokes now have crits at a much, much higher rate.

Nekofrog

Banned
might be taking a short break from the game. after the freefall we started to almost climb back up, only to be met with a trolling thresh who took ignite/dorans blade and started taking all my cs as ADC casually.

left the game immediately and didn't look back. sorry panda, i didn't have it in me to play through that kind of headache.

Blizzard

Banned
might be taking a short break from the game. after the freefall we started to almost climb back up, only to be met with a trolling thresh who took ignite/dorans blade and started taking all my cs as ADC casually.

left the game immediately and didn't look back. sorry panda, i didn't have it in me to play through that kind of headache.
Psh, if a Thresh can out-duel you for CS, you clearly didn't have the ping and timing it takes to properly ADC anyway! :p

Panda, dibs on duo plz.

Jeff-DSA

I had a Thresh the other night who started the game by pinging the enemy's mid outer turret. He then walked straight at it and died. After that he typed, "did I tell you guys I was pro trolling this match? lol."

After that he would just run into turrets randomly throughout the game. He did it 6 or 7 times, usually giving Tristana a kill because she'd get some hits off on him when he'd go. She snowballed and we lost.

Nekofrog

Banned
Psh, if a Thresh can out-duel you for CS, you clearly didn't have the ping and timing it takes to properly ADC anyway! :p

Panda, dibs on duo plz.

It was level 1. He was also making sure I missed every CS by autoing just in time for creeps to kill them if he couldn't get it. Didn't even bother. We called him out as a troll before the minions even spawned with the dorans blade, wasn't going to even bother with that game.

Maybe he started trolling because you gave him shit for starting Doran's Blade?

Like sure, he probably just wanted to troll, but if he didn't that could've tipped him over, just saying. Doesn't excuse his behaviour but at these times the best thing you can do is say nothing and play. Just completely crushed in a match where my supp Morg started Doran's Ring + 2 pots because I was busy playing my game instead of looking at my team's builds.

Jeff-DSA

Eh, he might not have been setting out to troll, but this trend of supports not buying support items is getting tiresome. It's probably not happening at higher levels, but so many supports I see are just doing full AP builds and trying to be a big damage source.

Nekofrog

Banned
no, in champ select he stated:

"guys, i'm going to be giving back to the league community. the only way I know how"

it was obvious from his game history that he went in to troll.

guys, i'm not new to the game. i know when someone is set on trolling from champ select and when someone has been "tipped" over. He took ignite in a game with a kat. he started dorans blade. we didn't accuse him of trolling, we asked him if he was going to after the dblade/ignite.

"nope, i'm in it to win it!" goes to lane, starts intentionally screwing up all CS.

Eh, he might not have been setting out to troll, but this trend of supports not buying support items is getting tiresome. It's probably not happening at higher levels, but so many supports I see are just doing full AP builds and trying to be a big damage source.
If they buy a Sightstone and Mikhaels they can have 4 Sunfires for all I care.
no, in champ select he stated:

"guys, i'm going to be giving back to the league community. the only way I know how"

it was obvious from his game history that he went in to troll.

guys, i'm not new to the game. i know when someone is set on trolling from champ select and when someone has been "tipped" over. He took ignite in a game with a kat. he started dorans blade. we didn't accuse him of trolling, we asked him if he was going to after the dblade/ignite.

"nope, i'm in it to win it!" goes to lane, starts intentionally screwing up all CS.
Fair enough.

Jeff-DSA

If they buy a Sightstone and Mikhaels they can have 4 Sunfires for all I care.

I agree. Heck, just get the freakin' Sighstone and I'll feel ok about whatever you do from there. So often I'm not even seeing Sightsones built though. It's mind boggling. If you don't want to support, WHY ARE YOU PLAYING SUPPORT?!

Blizzard

Banned
Maybe he started trolling because you gave him shit for starting Doran's Blade?

Like sure, he probably just wanted to troll, but if he didn't that could've tipped him over, just saying. Doesn't excuse his behaviour but at these times the best thing you can do is say nothing and play. Just completely crushed in a match where my supp Morg started Doran's Ring + 2 pots because I was busy playing my game instead of looking at my team's builds.
Yep, probably better not to say anything, and the amount of gold you would lose from level 1 hits is likely to be very small compared to higher levels. And even if they are taking some CS, a good ADC may still win it.

The most important thing in my opinion is not to complain or give up -- I've had games like that where someone literally gave up, raged in chat, or decided not to try BEFORE RED OR BLUE BUFF SPAWNED. With the number of games people throw, and the amount of AFKs and connection problems, just keep a good attitude, everyone will have more fun, and you have a good chance of catching up.

You can even win 4v5, or with a troll if you treat them as bait or distraction and work around it.

Once you give up in your mind, decide not to try, and/or blame other people, that is the moment you basically give the victory to the other team.

I agree. Heck, just get the freakin' Sighstone and I'll feel ok about whatever you do from there. So often I'm not even seeing Sightsones built though. It's mind boggling. If you don't want to support, WHY ARE YOU PLAYING SUPPORT?!
The obvious and possibly common answer to the bolded question is, at least in some cases (like maybe 3 games in a row for me sometimes) because you're last pick or second last pick and are forced to play your worst role, support, repeatedly.

Congrats!

But lets be serious here, the real freelo is Kayle

But Kayle is almost always banned. Fortunately when she wasn't banned my team picked her, only once the enemy team picked her, but I went against her, so it was ok. She may have had a strong champion but she was not a good mid player, I keep ganking bot or top and all our lanes snowballed, and somehow I was only 10-15 cs behind her, lol. She was somewhat good mechanically with Kayle but wasn't a good midlaner.

I still ban Kayle, Morgana and Jax. I don't want to risk it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom