• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

Indeed. I like that this is the first time since the release of youmuu (same time of release as garen) that it is regarded as legit good on a large number of champions.
It was intended as an item for garen as well, yet he should be one of the few that really do not want youmuu.

I'm curious on what has made it become so popular. I mean I get that it's Active is pretty effective, and can also function as an 'ulti' for certain characters like Quinn, Twitch or Varus.

Armin from Attack on Titan.

Well on the one hand I see why you'd say that's Armin, but it's that other midgety blonde girl actually.

Nekofrog

Banned
quinn lovers, what do you build for top quinn after BotRK, ghostblade and FM?

I had my first Quinn top game last night in a really long time vs a Tryndamere who took TP instead of ignite versus my ignite, giving him no kill pressure. The game didn't last long enough for me to finish either my bork or my ghostblade (had cutlass/brutalizer). So in theory Bork/Ghostblade/Shiv for mad splitpushing.

Tizoc

Make Ghostblade. Its active is pretty much her ulti :p

Anyone consider rushing Ghostblade first on Quinn? Or is the lifesteal more preferred?
What's FM btw?
You don't build frozen mallet. I think. Last I recall, it was Ghostblade, Shiv, Blade, Last Whisper, Randuins/GA.

No Infinity Edge? What about replacing Last Whisper with it? On twitch I replaced Last Whisper with Ghostblade, then make IE as my 5th item.

Einbroch

Banned

BT (if facing a non-tank, non-tanky team) or BotRK (if facing a tank or tanky team), Ghostblade, LW, then the opposite of what my first item was (BT or BotRK). If the games still going I go a tank item, pick your poison. I like to go BT instead of BotRK most because I want my AA ==> E ==> AA combo to sting. At least in low ELO where people don't meet Quinn top a lot, they see that burst and turn tail, allowing a super easy lane.

Make Ghostblade. Its active is pretty much her ulti :p

Anyone consider rushing Ghostblade first on Quinn? Or is the lifesteal more preferred?
What's FM btw?

No Infinity Edge? What about replacing Last Whisper with it? On twitch I replaced Last Whisper with Ghostblade, then make IE as my 5th item.
You don't build ie on top quinn because quinn doesn't aa very often when she's in bird form and the crit damage is pointless unless you're a dedicated autoattacker like an actual adc. Also you rush blade first on quinn because you get better burst.

Einbroch

Banned
Why is it that every time I try to quote someone I end up having Tizoc's post randomly appear?

You hit the plus next to his name on accident. Either deselect it or go into another thread, open a window like you're going to post in it, and there will be a small part under the Submit Reply button where you can deselect it.

Tizoc

BT (if facing a non-tank, non-tanky team) or BotRK (if facing a tank or tanky team), Ghostblade, LW, then the opposite of what my first item was (BT or BotRK). If the games still going I go a tank item, pick your poison. I like to go BT instead of BotRK most because I want my AA ==> E ==> AA combo to sting. At least in low ELO where people don't meet Quinn top a lot, they see that burst and turn tail, allowing a super easy lane.

Speaking of Top Quinn, I'm starting to learn match ups and find that I do well against any champ that doesn't have mid/long range 'traveling abilities like Jax or Tryndamere.
Against Jax I plan on just poking with my Q, don't want to risk getting hit by stun then his E >_>;

For that matter, I personally been building BoRK on most of my champs because of its passive, but I'll give Bloodthrister a try in a match if I end up against a non tanky opponent.

Horrible item.

Come on, if Wit's End is effective on Warwick alone at least, surely there's at least one champ it's good on >_>;
If there isn't, eh doesn't matter I never build the blasted thing anyway

You don't build ie on top quinn because quinn doesn't aa very often when she's in bird form and the crit damage is pointless unless you're a dedicated autoattacker like an actual adc. Also you rush blade first on quinn because you get better burst.

If you don't mind me asking, what makes Quinn at top, function differently to Bot such that IE isn't recommended?

It was awesome. A champion I struggled to play correctly from release just all of a sudden fit into my playstyle perfectly.
But what about that jinx from yesterday

@tiz; quinn top is functionally more like zed than an adc. In human form, she'll aa but when a fight starts, her job is to bird form and blow up their backline. IE gives nice ad but its much more useful on autoattacking carries like cait who can actually use the crit throughout a sustained teamfight.

Einbroch

Banned
Speaking of Top Quinn, I'm starting to learn match ups and find that I do well against any champ that doesn't have mid/long range 'traveling abilities like Jax or Tryndamere.
Against Jax I plan on just poking with my Q, don't want to risk getting hit by stun then his E >_>;

Jax is actually really fun to lane against because you can frustrate him to no end. All you need is some pots and you'll win. See him charging his stun? Wait half a second, E off of him aggressively, and he won't touch you. He'll stun the air and you get some delicious poke. Takes practice. Q is not very good for poking in the top lane. Damage sucks, blind doesn't do much against most top laners, and it scales horribly. Q is a more of an ADC/farming tool. I actually max E first in the top lane so I can vault more often, especially from people like Riven, Jax, Tryn, or anyone else with a jump.

Tizoc

But what about that jinx from yesterday

@tiz; quinn top is functionally more like zed than an adc. In human form, she'll aa but when a fight starts, her job is to bird form and blow up their backline. IE gives nice ad but its much more useful on autoattacking carries like cait who can actually use the crit throughout a sustained teamfight.

Huh...I never thought to use her Bird form like that. So in team fights, I can use my Bird form to get at their ADCs and long range mages and wreck their shit with Youmuu's, neat.

Man wish there was a Quinn skin sale, I really like her 2 skins =/

Einbroch

Banned
Quinn tipz:

- You can go from bird to human form in the middle of your vault (E) by pressing your ult again (R). This will cause you to leap off your opponent to safety and deal the arrow shower damage at the same time. It's great burst.
- Always go for the AA after an E and not the Q. Q does diddly while an AA on a marked target melts them.
- Your E is an interrupt. It cancels stuff like Kat's ult. Yasuo can also ult off of it.
- Don't be afraid to use your ult to absolutely MELT towers, especially end game. Maxed out W + ult + Ghostblade = BAMBAMBAMBAMBMABMAM. Also, you have a speedy getaway like Jinx.
- Your mark reveals people. If you want the vision and your W/ward is on CD, you don't have to trigger it. This can give your allies the chance to use their targeted abilities before you go in.
- It's really easy to vault over the walls in the base. Need to get to safety? Run to a wall, wait for a melee to attack you, vault away. EZPZ.

QUINN.

N0Fw4Vp.jpg

I love Quinn. All hail.

Fanart is great. Saw a great Quinn drawing up a little ways.

Do most GAFers tend to play any certain queue or do some of you enjoy climbing the ranked ladder?

I'm hoping for new champion information soon. We are due for it.

Mothman91

Fanart is great. Saw a great Quinn drawing up a little ways.

Do most GAFers tend to play any certain queue or do some of you enjoy climbing the ranked ladder?

I'm hoping for new champion information soon. We are due for it.
Most of us do like the climb, as long as we win. Some just stick with normals like Ferrio.

New champion information? We are way past due, isn't the latest champion Velkoz still?

Edit: it's Braum, so it hasn't been that long.

Einbroch

Banned
Most of us do like the climb, as long as we win. Some just stick with normals like Ferrio.

New champion information? We are way past due, isn't the latest champion Velkoz still?

Maybe that's a sign it has been too long.

It has, I think. Not that we need the new champion now, but we know next to nothing. The only thing we know is that gypsylord is making the next one. He made Vi and Jinx, two pretty great champions.

Comparatively, I think we heard about Braum in less time after Vel'Koz than a new champion now. Ever champion releases is taking longer.

I don't get a lot of time to play now but I've been playing since the middle/end of Season 1. Still grinding ranked when I have time.

Blizzard

Banned
I like the slower champion releases because it means I finally have a chance of catching them all. Even if I can't get to high silver, I can quit with all the pokemon.

drawkcaB

It's funny how expectations can change. Doesn't seem that long ago that champions were coming out every two weeks. I can't remember which champion but there was a shit storm that they were delayed by a week.

And damn shut up people, you're making me want to try out Quinn again.

I like the slower champion releases because it means I finally have a chance of catching them all. Even if I can't get to high silver, I can quit with all the pokemon.
Having every champion is an awesome feeling. Especially in ranked. It took me close to three years to get every champion, mostly all with IP.

Tizoc

Jax is actually really fun to lane against because you can frustrate him to no end. All you need is some pots and you'll win. See him charging his stun? Wait half a second, E off of him aggressively, and he won't touch you. He'll stun the air and you get some delicious poke. Takes practice. Q is not very good for poking in the top lane. Damage sucks, blind doesn't do much against most top laners, and it scales horribly. Q is a more of an ADC/farming tool. I actually max E first in the top lane so I can vault more often, especially from people like Riven, Jax, Tryn, or anyone else with a jump.

Gotcha thanks for the tips.

Really enjoying using Quinn at top..if I am even allowed since someone tends to beat me to posting Top or wants to go top in the chat and then disconnects if he can't get it >_>;
Thanks for the Quinn tips btw!
...and while I don't mind the moe/chibi fanarts, I prefer the more 'grown-up' looking fanarts more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom