• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
The problem with short radius auras is that Sona is super squishy, and positioning becomes much harder.

what's it from

seems like something my brother's girlfriend would enjoy

It's from the contents page of Spice & Wolf Volume 9 (the light novel, not the manga). Holo on a narwhal. The anime is awesome but it only got two seasons, aka til the end of Volume 5. There are 17 volumes :(

O9xLB.jpg

That's old news. Keep up man!

Alright, I used ProBuilds. And with that, the first draft of the OT base text is done.

zkylon

zkylewd
I don't want the radius to be too big myself. Seems like it a very good way to actually add some fun to Sona. Zipping around the fight to give allies their buffs sounds way more fun to me than "press button give bonuses".

Any rate, looking forward to trying out the changes and adding Sona to my support roster. Which is great seeing as how it's now my second favorite role.
The problem with short radius auras is that Sona is super squishy, and positioning becomes much harder.
snuggle zones are weird cos basically it means you should like be pressing your boobs against your carries all the time which is strange for me since you should always be fishing for the perfect ult chance too tho i guess that's what the e effect is for

but like other than an initial effect you're doing zero for your frontline, which i'm not sure i like.

i also wish with higher cooldowns they allowed you to choose who you heal

It's from the contents page of Spice & Wolf Volume 9 (the light novel, not the manga). Holo on a narwhal. The anime is awesome but it only got two seasons, aka til the end of Volume 5. There are 17 volumes :(
it's on crunchyroll so imma check it out

wasn't gonna say it was my style since at a glance it's all cutesy and shit but read the myanimelist thingie and now i'm interested

That's old news. Keep up man!
sweet

got an eta?

I got hentai when I googled it

you should put safe search on. Holo is the best girl ever so people are going to draw some risque pictures I guess.

's on crunchyroll so imma check it out

wasn't gonna say it was my style since at a glance it's all cutesy and shit but read the myanimelist thingie and now i'm interested

sweet

got an eta?

It's a fantasy/adventure/romance/economics story. Really good. Great OTP.

As for an ETA, a few days I guess? Hopefully. I start my new job tomorrow so I'm pretty busy tomorrow. It won't be as long as the last one though :)

As long as it can keep up with this OT, then I'll give it my seal if approval.

jp, I know you said you won't go balls out.

yeah, we won't be going to Demacia High levels for this OT.

It's probably gonna be more like in between OT5 and OT6. More structured than OT6 but still with a fun theme to go along with it :)

Dob showed me some early stuff and I had a good laugh. So just coming up with some ideas for the theme slides.

Jeff-DSA

Keep Calm and Carry Hard.

Don't one of you effers make a t-shirt that says that, because I'm going to do it with an outline of a few OP champs and make a killing selling it online before Riot strikes me down.

keep calm and ban morgana

I hate her. As support and as mid. More when she's in a lane I'm not, since I don't trust my team to handle her.

I just played again her, she's the one I have the most trouble because she push really hard after 3-4. I got like 20 cs advantage at lvl 3, and at lvl 6 we were even. ):

Once I got blue and Fiendish Codex I got cs advantage again.

In the end we won. No one is going to stop my freelo. Another win for Ahri. 74.4% winrate with her. I want to reach 80%. (I need to win 12 games with her without losing, lol).
I have a better winrate with Ahri, than one of my friends who just play "op" champions to climb the ladder because with these "he can carry any team". Morgana, Kayle, Jax. lol.

Jeff-DSA

Guys, I'm going to buy Nami. I have a terrible win rate with supports, but I figure that if I'm going to be forced into it from time to time, I might as well roll with the best. Too many Lulu losses to keep dipping into that well.

zkylon

zkylewd
I hate her. As support and as mid. More when she's in a lane I'm not, since I don't trust my team to handle her.

I just played again her, she's the one I have the most trouble because she push really hard after 3-4. I got like 20 cs advantage at lvl 3, and at lvl 6 we were even. ):

Once I got blue and Fiendish Codex I got cs advantage again.

In the end we won. No one is going to stop my freelo. Another win for Ahri. 74.4% winrate with her. I want to reach 80%. (I need to win 12 games with her without losing, lol).
I have a better winrate with Ahri, than one of my friends who just play "op" champions to climb the ladder because with these "he can carry any team". Morgana, Kayle, Jax. lol.
morgana is just boring to play against and good morganas usually shit on me

i just hate that champion

Guys, I'm going to buy Nami. I have a terrible win rate with supports, but I figure that if I'm going to be forced into it from time to time, I might as well roll with the best. Too many Lulu losses to keep dipping into that well.
she's not the easiest to play but she is pretty amazing for sure

Kenai

Her skillcap is high but once you get good with her she can handle about any matchup and pair up with any carry.

And Morgana is my feel bad drug. I know she's broken if I can play like I do w her with basically no exp but seriously, spread some of that hate to Braum/Thresh/Leona types so they don't ruin bot lane after she is nerfbatted.

Jeff-DSA

she's not the easiest to play but she is pretty amazing for sure

I like harder or more micro intensive champs. It's my old StarCraft 2 blood surfacing. It's probably why I generally think that the mid lane is the most fun. Lots of dodges and skill shots.

zkylon

zkylewd
Her skillcap is high but once you get good with her she can handle about any matchup and pair up with any carry.

And Morgana is my feel bad drug. I know she's broken if I can play like I do w her with basically no exp but seriously, spread some of that hate to Braum/Thresh/Leona types so they don't ruin bot lane after she is nerfbatted.

i don't get why people still hate thresh so much

like he's gotten like 8 nerfs already and is generally an original and cool champion with pretty weak laning and lots of cool spells but certainly a pretty manageable kit by now

like seriously thresh makes all bot lanes more fun

I like harder or more micro intensive champs. It's my old StarCraft 2 blood surfacing. It's probably why I generally think that the mid lane is the most fun. Lots of dodges and skill shots.
well like if you're aiming for just having a backup easy champion in another role i wouldn't necessarily recommend nami

like if you're gonna be bad at supporting you might as well do it with an easy support that's what i'm saying

so you don't have to fight mechanics on top of having to know how to properly ward and peel and whatnot

Kenai

i don't get why people still hate thresh so much

like he's gotten like 8 nerfs already and is generally an original and cool champion with pretty weak laning and lots of cool spells but certainly a pretty manageable kit by now

like seriously thresh makes all bot lanes more fun

My issue with Thresh is almost entirely his lantern. It's a total get out of jail free card on a really short CD or a +1 teammate out of ward range and there's basically nothing you can do about it (tho i guess the latter isn't that bad). There are quite a few ults in the game with less power/utility than that lantern, throw in the rest and yea.

Besides that i have no problem with him.

Ocho

Morgana is the best, though.

Mandoric

Banned
I don't want the radius to be too big myself. Seems like it a very good way to actually add some fun to Sona. Zipping around the fight to give allies their buffs sounds way more fun to me than "press button give bonuses".

Any rate, looking forward to trying out the changes and adding Sona to my support roster. Which is great seeing as how it's now my second favorite role.

It would be interesting to see this pursued into longer-lasting, mutually exclusive buffs. Not something I'd necessarily like to see on Sona, but a character who played like an FF11 Bard might be fun.

zkylon

zkylewd
My issue with Thresh is almost entirely his lantern. It's a total get out of jail free card on a really short CD or a +1 teammate out of ward range and there's basically nothing you can do about it (tho i guess the latter isn't that bad). There are quite a few ults in the game with less power/utility than that lantern, throw in the rest and yea.

Besides that i have no problem with him.
yea i get what you mean

my thought is thresh is a champion that got so many nerfs that he's now allowed to have his op thing being his lantern. it's not like the rest of his kit isn't god tier or anything, cos it is, but he's been beaten with a stick until he's become really manageable

Note to self, don't do BoTRK Jinx versus Draven.

Just no

yea that doesn't sound so good lol

wait what

since when was thresh a weak laner
since he got a ton of nerfs aimed at his laning

he's not alistar but i'd say he's one the weakest at laning of all the strong supports i can think of.

at least imo (take it with a grain of salt, this is not the be all of lists and some of these may be wrong):

morg - loses
braum - loses
annie - skill matchup
nami - loses
zyra - loses
leona - skill matchup but slight edge to threshie
lulu - skill matchup
sona - wins
blitz - wins
ali - wins
janna - wins
soraka - wins

i may be forgetting a few, haven't played much against support grago and velkoz, but to me he loses lane against most if not all the strong suppots right now. it's always a skill matchup with thresh but most matchups aren't as great for him like they used to be

Jax
Yi
Morgana

Every game. I played a game 2 days ago where my team didn't ban Yi and the enemy Yi got two Pentakills.

I ban Yi.
i dunno why people waste bans on jax

no one plays jax well. like i'm playing against plat 3 and whatnot all day and everyone's trash at jax

Mothman91

Didn't notice today but the korean BBQ marinade my brother usually gets is from the same company that owned the Frost/Flame teams in South Korea, CJ.

Moodmon

Neo Member
I might be a bit late to the party, but I was playing around in a custom bot game as Naut (as I was being watched by some doge who somehow caused me to disconnect from the servers...probably) and bought ancient golem. When did it get tenacity back?

The tooltip does not even mention the free ward either. If it keeps the ward does that mean it keeps the regen/5 from quill as well as having butcher passive?

Of more interest is I saw someone in the EUW gaf channel that wasn't gold and up. Maybe I can get someone to carry me to Silver V at last.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom