• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

Banned
With any luck, Riot will either nerf Sona before release from the PBE.

OR, they will release her with changes, and people will play her mid or do damage, and the non-Sonas of the world will riot, and maybe she gets nerfed back with patch notes saying she was "overtuned".

Subtle, prepare your mid laning!

also by the way
like i said he's versatile but I don't mean he's like some jack of all trades master of none style dood, he's prtty much at the top for a lot of the things he does

this doesnt mean he's going around punching people's face in all the time, or that people don't plan for him and play accordingly or whatever

also morellos has replaced athenes in a lot of instances, in the lcs for example, so dood felt happy enough to let ppl know that he wish ppl wouldnt yell at him about lee sin, but no morello you are not safe you are never safe
Eh, to me Lee is the definition of "jack of all trades" in his current state. He only really excells in the mobility department and the flexibility that offers him in terms of options; everything else varies from "decent to merely good" when talking about overall damage, clear speed, sustain, defensive gains et cetera where even some of the obscure junglers convincingly best him in a couple of those areas. I'd rather have Riot tone down his manoeuvrability a little while simultaneously buffing the underplayed junglers, rather than planning another rework / a wave of nerfs for him alone.

hey y'all, we be doing this ot thing

as always we take requests of stuff you think or would like to see in the ot, just pm me whatever it is

we're not going full ham this time so it'll be done soon
A big fat blinking notification that says that Li'l Slugger Trundle is officially the worst skin in the entire game. Worse than anything Aatrox related.

Lee Sin isn't really jack of all trades. He has pretty crazy clear times thanks to his passive, crazy strong ganks because of his Q-E and the infamous Insec kick, some of the hardest objective control in the game with his Q execute and he's extremely durable with only a few items. Yeah there might be some junglers that are better at ganking, some that are better at clearing and some that are better at taking objectives but no jungler in the game except maybe elise comes close to the versatility lee offers early, mied and late game.

Jeff-DSA

Lee Sin isn't really jack of all trades. He has pretty crazy clear times thanks to his passive, crazy strong ganks because of his Q-E and the infamous Insec kick, some of the hardest objective control in the game with his Q execute and he's extremely durable with only a few items. Yeah there might be some junglers that are better at ganking, some that are better at clearing and some that are better at taking objectives but no jungler in the game except maybe elise comes close to the versatility lee offers early, mied and late game.

I guess that's true. There are junglers I'm more afraid of, but I guess few junglers make me feel as secure on my team as he does. You know that he's not really all that exploitable in competent hands, whereas someone like Eve can be countered and shut down extremely hard, even though she has other things she does better.

drawkcaB

I'd rather have Riot tone down his manoeuvrability a little while simultaneously buffing the underplayed junglers, rather than planning another rework / a wave of nerfs for him alone.

Maneuverability is a large part of his identity. It's hard to nerf the maneuverability from Q and when the W nerf was the only one applied from the proposed rework people still shit a brick. I agree that he doesn't need a real rework though. Stuff like removing the execute damage on Q, or changing W shield to a moderate Arm/MR boost would do the trick. The only part of his kit that IMO needs an actual rework is the passive attack speed. It's a huge part of his early dueling that doesn't do much late game. Swap it for something more utility oriented that shifts some of his power from early to late game.

Also agree on buffing underplayed junglers. The most galling thing about the whole "we can't outright nerf Lee Sin because he's too popular" is the implication that Riot doesn't see unpopular champions as a priority for buffs.

played a bit with pbe soni with some bots and at least in theory i really like it. playing with 200 ping means i can't really say how good she will be against humans but so far it looks positive

snuggle zones are kinda cool, the effect remains even if they leave the zones so like you can give em a quick hug and then go about your business while they waste whatever effects you just gave em.

they feel a bit tiny, specially e since it doesn't have a real effect anymore. e is gotta be my least favorite spell cos even if it gives you a ton of ms you're not really helping your teammates unless they're right next to you. i wish they made the snuggle area a bit bigger or something cos it feels kind of useless

cd nerfs you can really feel like i was too used to old cooldowns and found myself kind of out of options which is pretty weird and i'm not sure i like it so much. it feels like you get to use your passive a lot less now, which i don't like. this i'm the less sure about, it feels like cds are a bit higher than they should, i can't easily chain two slows or anything, it's not so good

now what i really like is that holy shit you can actually fight people. like shield, heal and q thingie are strong. q basically now has a 1 ap ratio in lane (0.5 from your q then 2x0.25 for your on-thingie for you and your friend). if jungler comes that's 1.25 and so on.

shield is very similar, you heal less (it's about the same at 50% hp) but again you get 0.2 ap scaling which is awesome.

she's also kind of insane with like her q power chord, on-hit q thingie and spellthief passive. i think she might be kind of awesome with like iceborn gauntlet or something.

basically she got real scalings which make me really happy cos now i can actually buy items and not feel like half the stats are going to waste.

i think she should have shorter cooldowns tho, maybe 9 instead of 10

i'm so fucking excited about sona rework i could cry

edit: oh also new particle effects look amazing. so damn good

She gets 2.5 seconds aura but her cooldown is 10 so she have to attack or active her aura with the adc, I still dont put her in the middle of the fight to put her area buff

Interesting stuff about sona, thanks

Jeff-DSA

So Essence Reaver starts looking good

Talk about a dead on arrival item...

I used to think that Renekton was sort of boring to play, but lately I've really been having fun with him. His bullying, if you do it right, is pretty satisfying. I love going across the minion lines with E, hitting the enemy with his W/auto, popping Q, and then using E to go back out across the minions. You usually take zero damage in the exchange, throw down a good amount of damage, and push the wave on them. It doesn't take long before they are afraid to get near the minion lines. If I'm warding well, ganks aren't an issue and you can completely remove the other top laner from the game from an early point.

The only thing that is a little hard to communicate with teams is to get them to drop a ward before a big team fight so I can teleport in nearby. When they do that well, it's pretty great.

Blizzard

Banned
Talk about a dead on arrival item...

I used to think that Renekton was sort of boring to play, but lately I've really been having fun with him. His bullying, if you do it right, is pretty satisfying. I love going across the minion lines with E, hitting the enemy with his W/auto, popping Q, and then using E to go back out across the minions. You usually take zero damage in the exchange, throw down a good amount of damage, and push the wave on them. It doesn't take long before they are afraid to get near the minion lines. If I'm warding well, ganks aren't an issue and you can completely remove the other top laner from the game from an early point.

The only thing that is a little hard to communicate with teams is to get them to drop a ward before a big team fight so I can teleport in nearby. When they do that well, it's pretty great.
That encapsulates why some people hate playing against Renekton. Damage and stun so you can't damage in exchange.

brian!

Eh, to me Lee is the definition of "jack of all trades" in his current state. He only really excells in the mobility department and the flexibility that offers him in terms of options; everything else varies from "decent to merely good" when talking about overall damage, clear speed, sustain, defensive gains et cetera where even some of the obscure junglers convincingly best him in a couple of those areas. I'd rather have Riot tone down his manoeuvrability a little while simultaneously buffing the underplayed junglers, rather than planning another rework / a wave of nerfs for him alone.

iunno i can see where you are coming from, but I can't think of too many that outduel, outclear, outsustain, or yeah, have the safety he has in his and the enemy's jungle early on. i wasn't trying to say he was the best in every category cause i wasn't really trying to go through the list of junglers tho, a lot of his power comes from being able to fit in basically any comp too. plus im probably pretty ignorant about underplayed junglerz, I just can't recall many in my head that do these things better than lee, tho i guess i haven't really experimented with quill coat and stuff

i guess a lot of it is dependent on him landing q

Jeff-DSA

Shaco hasn't been a good jungler in like, years. I feel like when I get a Shaco on my team we have to win by about 25 minutes tops.

He can be really strong, but he needs to snowball a bit. When he crits it's downright nasty though. People who play him well can terrorize roamers and counter gank super well. I dunno, I've had good luck with Shaco teammates. The jungler I hate seeing on my team most is Volibear. Better than getting him as a support, I guess.

Tizoc

Sometimes I feel EU Nordic is unaware of some of the new or unique stuff that the other regions use.
Case in point: Top Quinn....
I said I'm going Top dang it...

Edwardo

He can be really strong, but he needs to snowball a bit. When he crits it's downright nasty though. People who play him well can terrorize roamers and counter gank super well. I dunno, I've had good luck with Shaco teammates. The jungler I hate seeing on my team most is Volibear. Better than getting him as a support, I guess.

I remember there was a time that I HATED Volibear. I'd ban him and singed every game ever.

Jeff-DSA

You know what's your birthday present? Max contract white boy Jordan.

Don't even. I want him to stay, but not for that kind of money. G-TYME is drawing too much interest for my liking. I was hoping that his year playing out of his comfort zone would have hurt his stock.

Mothman91

Don't even. I want him to stay, but not for that kind of money. G-TYME is drawing too much interest for my liking. I was hoping that his year playing out of his comfort zone would have hurt his stock.
It's ok bro, God will give you a side present with that, Silver 5. It'll help with the pain.

Zynx

So, I saw the news about the Doom Bots and found that I still had access to my PBE account. Reinstalling again...the program now tries to read the memory allocation of all my other active programs on the computer? WTF? Privacy invasion much? (Never did that before in the past. And 5.5 hours to install. Lolz.)

zkylon

zkylewd
She gets 2.5 seconds aura but her cooldown is 10 so she have to attack or active her aura with the adc, I still dont put her in the middle of the fight to put her area buff

Interesting stuff about sona, thanks

the auras are extended for every champion they touch. it's 2.5s + 0.5*championsAffected (including her), so potentially 5 but most likely 3.5 or 4.

Once I scored a double on a Karma/Vi lvl 5 dive it was GG.

supportzyraoasjm.jpg

supportzyra2klsrb.jpg

Yo.

If this fucking LCS commentator says, "ON TOWARDS HIM" one more mothafuckin time, I'm going to reach through interwebz and strangle his ass. He says this shit at least twice during every engagement.

drawkcaB

i think the auras could be a bit bigger. maybe 350 or something.

like it's kind of scary only being able to seriously affect people at 300 range, i feel like that can make you very limited

also i liked this karma

I don't want the radius to be too big myself. Seems like it a very good way to actually add some fun to Sona. Zipping around the fight to give allies their buffs sounds way more fun to me than "press button give bonuses".

Any rate, looking forward to trying out the changes and adding Sona to my support roster. Which is great seeing as how it's now my second favorite role.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom