• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mothman91

Tomorrow, I usually play with a few people and I can add them to the inhouse so we can maybe roll with 2 games. I think that would be good because I noticed some people are getting left out and some people are subbing out for other people to play, and it's a Friday so I'm sure there will be tons of people on.

Repgnar

Yo, watch the games where I actually do good. We still won doe.
Some stuff came up so I couldn't watch all of it. Watched a slideshow of your early game though. What happened to Quinn? I'll be on either tomorrow or Saturday. Wouldn't mind playing some in houses.

so im rewatching the game with type's call and i realize how much i could do better if i had more familiarity with the champs in the game

like botlane was hell because i didn't really know the burst potential of syndra so I didn't want to go in. I got baited once by leblanc poke because I saw her go in, not realizing/remembering that she could come right back out np

as far as the last fight goes i wasn't baited by LB so much as I was baited by akali. she dashed after LB when she came back to us and then zhonya'd, and I jumped on her when she came in thinking we had to fight

I also didn't use my face of the mountain once and im kicking myself

edit: all in all i feel like thresh or annie might have been a better pick, it's way too easy to get carried away with leona and I wasn't nearly tanky enough to do any major frontlining

Mothman91

so im rewatching the game with type's call and i realize how much i could do better if i had more familiarity with the champs in the game

like botlane was hell because i didn't really know the burst potential of syndra so I didn't want to go in. I got baited once by leblanc poke because I saw her go in, not realizing/remembering that she could come right back out np

as far as the last fight goes i wasn't baited by LB so much as I was baited by akali. she dashed after LB when she came back to us and then zhonya'd, and I jumped on her when she came in thinking we had to fight

I also didn't use my face of the mountain once and im kicking myself

edit: all in all i feel like thresh or annie might have been a better pick, it's way too easy to get carried away with leona and I wasn't nearly tanky enough to do any major frontlining
Lol, it's all good. I could say the same thing by thinkig I should've kept on split pushing bits it's all for fuuuuun.

Type2

Most the engages people complain about are Gamma making good calls and his follow-up being scared to make the right play for some reason.
Well gamma doesn't mumble or type in game. We had a ward on khaz who was behind them and I was making my way down asking them to wait for me. Gamma enaged with ziggs low on mana and me still miles away. As far as the outcome of the fight I was impressed it turned out that well but I wasn't able to get there in time to coordinate with his aggression.

scy

Well gamma doesn't mumble or type in game. We had a ward on khaz who was behind them and I was making my way down asking them to wait for me. Gamma enaged with ziggs low on mana and me still miles away. As far as the outcome of the fight I was impressed it turned out that well but I wasn't able to get there in time to coordinate with his aggression.

Ziggs is oom but has a better AA than Morgana so there's no reason for him to be backing off in the first place when he can still front some zoning pressure unless he's scared of dodging Qs (which was down at the start anyway). Morgana overextends, misses her Q (and Cait Q) so it's a pretty easy all-in there. If anything, the "mistake" here is that Gamma misses the triple buckshot I think or else Morgana would've died without being able to get out.

Like, the deep chase part is pretty eh but turning on Morg is pretty much the correct play. They went too far before Kha'zix was in position / Graves can just kill one of them anyway. If they waited, the more likely outcome was that Khaz was going to leave and Cait/Morg would push to tower and recall yielding nothing from the whole thing. You're too far (+ stopped for wolves) for anything to come from waiting. It's either punish the bad gank attempt or get out and the better play is taking the kill.

Edit: Ultimately, just saying a general trend for a lot of the games I was watching is a misread on just how overextended people actually are as well as just not knowing how much damage champions can put out (and/or how much they can take, people seem too scared of some dives too). Or how to best exploit a given situation to get the best outcome.

brian!

but I probably exerted less pressure

also that gamma fite was an amalgamation of two of their doods being low health and then doing like a m1llion things wrong (no ward, living in smoke, autoing zigg and ward, kiunch e misserino, etc.), staying is fine when u already ballin and you can lose the opportunity to ball out of control if you wait, but gama shoulda been ded ez

yeah I should've E'd in then used buckshot, not the other way around. I've been playing pretty terribly over the past couple of days, I even fuck up harder with Zed now than I used to a few months ago.

ps. boken pls i dont rage
as much as i used to

scy

what scy is trying to say is that gamma did tha rite thing not da amazing omg thing

ps. gamma sux

gamma sux indeed

Nah, just saying there's a difference between going too ham (which gamma is known for, I've probably yelled at him about that more than anyone else has~~~) and just making the right play.

but I probably exerted less pressure

also that gamma fite was an amalgamation of two of their doods being low health and then doing like a m1llion things wrong (no ward, living in smoke, autoing zigg and ward, etc.), staying is fine when u already ballin and you can lose the opportunity to ball out of control if you wait, but gama shoulda been ded ez

Yeah, I think there's a cancelled Kha'zix auto during the run through the W + the ward/minion shots at the end (though, this only matters due to lack of the ult block). I'm surprised Gamma survived chasing too far there. Plus, if Kha'zix just went in earlier and Cait/Morg pushed down then it would've probably been done for them. Morg was a bit too far in before Kha'zix went in so it was basically a "deal with Morg/Cait then deal with Kha'zix" scenario and not "deal with all three oh god all the deaths."

yeah I should've E'd in then used buckshot, not the other way around. I've been playing pretty terribly over the past couple of days, I even fuck up harder with Zed now than I used to a few months ago.

ps. boken pls i dont rage
as much as i used to

scrub

Type2

Ziggs is oom but has a better AA than Morgana so there's no reason for him to be backing off in the first place when he can still front some zoning pressure unless he's scared of dodging Qs (which was down at the start anyway). Morgana overextends, misses her Q (and Cait Q) so it's a pretty easy all-in there. If anything, the "mistake" here is that Gamma misses the triple buckshot I think or else Morgana would've died without being able to get out.

Like, the deep chase part is pretty eh but turning on Morg is pretty much the correct play. They went too far before Kha'zix was in position / Graves can just kill one of them anyway. If they waited, the more likely outcome was that Khaz was going to leave and Cait/Morg would push to tower and recall yielding nothing from the whole thing. You're too far (+ stopped for wolves) for anything to come from waiting. It's either punish the bad gank attempt or get out and the better play is taking the kill.

Edit: Ultimately, just saying a general trend for a lot of the games I was watching is a misread on just how overextended people actually are as well as just not knowing how much damage champions can put out (and/or how much they can take, people seem too scared of some dives too). Or how to best exploit a given situation to get the best outcome.
I don't have a great assessment of the situation in lane once they walked back up. All I knew was khaz walked into a ward behind them and I pinged for them to back off while I was on my way with my ult up. In most cases you would avoid a 3v2 if you had the option to do so. My reasoning was as good as any to wait . They happened to play their situation better than expected but also took an unnecessary risk extending that far in lane again when they knew khaz was still there.

The invidiual play made a difference there.

In the vod of the full game khaz went back and forth on that ward 3 times
Edit: I didn't rewatch the vod since I'm not at the computer now so I should keep my mouth shut until I rewatch the situation.
I'm comfortabke taking risks and diving when I need to but in my assessment of that situation at hand a safer outcome where nobody died woukdve been just as good as having those kills traded. If I did bait a gank when I was in position though we couldve gotten more in the way of objectives.

Ferga

omg no. they gave panth the nocturne treatment

Looks like another one of my favourite champs are going into the never playing again vault with their nice skins :(

brian!

I was up against Gamma...

Are you confusing me for the game where Gamma played Draven?

we talking about 2 different games yeah
itz my b

ive definitely been playing really scared in these games unless we are snowballing ahead, but I guess I also keep not respecting my teammates decision making unless I've played with them a bunch before so that's bad too

tiiiiiime will h3al this

brian!

actually it fluctuates between me playing really scared and then telling myself to be more out there and dying cuz im dum

fuk it nm

scy

They happened to play their situation better than expected but also took an unnecessary risk extending that far in lane again when they knew khaz was still there.

Granted, Kha'zix not going in earlier (though I assume he backs off due to the initial missed Morg Q) is what lets this really work but it's worth noting that I'd say they played it worse than they could have. Could have just taken the fight off the first binding, for instance.

Sure, you don't want to take a 3v2 if you can help it but it's also in the position to make it a 2v2 since one can be removed before the fight even starts.

I'm comfortabke taking risks and diving when I need to but in my assessment of that situation at hand a safer outcome where nobody died woukdve been just as good as having those kills traded. If I did bait a gank when I was in position though we couldve gotten more in the way of objectives.

The only reason more isn't gotten from this is because Gamma eats the Caitlyn ult. Not sure why Ziggs gave zero fucks on blocking that lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom