• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nekofrog

Banned
Granted, Kha'zix not going in earlier (though I assume he backs off due to the initial missed Morg Q) is what lets this really work but it's worth noting that I'd say they played it worse than they could have. Could have just taken the fight off the first binding, for instance.

Sure, you don't want to take a 3v2 if you can help it but it's also in the position to make it a 2v2 since one can be removed before the fight even starts.

The only reason more isn't gotten from this is because Gamma eats the Caitlyn ult. Not sure why Ziggs gave zero fucks on blocking that lol

It was point blank, so there wasn't a whole lot of time to react tbh. that coupled with my not 100% dedication to the fight.

Blizzard

Banned
I mentioned on Mumble, and I know I'm a bad player, but I do have a tip about Caitlyn ults:

If you're ever targeted, and you think you can hide behind a teammate, HIT S TO STOP MOVING once you're close enough to being in line. If your teammate is paying any kind of attention and trying to block it, they will be able to line up the block perfectly while you're sitting still.

If you keep moving, you'll BOTH try to line it up, overshoot, and you'll die feeling stupid.

scy

It was point blank, so there wasn't a whole lot of time to react tbh. that coupled with my not 100% dedication to the fight.

I suppose. It's one of those things that's funnier when rewatching as it's both sides just "welp, resigned to this fate" sort of thing.

If you keep moving, you'll BOTH try to line it up, overshoot, and you'll die feeling stupid.

But it looks so cool when it narrowly dodges three people to get the kill.

no i understand wanting to let gamma die

I had to blemish his 0 death Treeline record.

I just had to.

brian!

also shout outz to ppl on the receiving end of me being a little complainey today im not usually like that, b my friend, i should concentrate on my own shit than what other ppl do

Type2

also shout outz to ppl on the receiving end of me being a little complainey today im not usually like that, b my friend, i should concentrate on my own shit than what other ppl do
The goal of these inhouses should be to help eachother improve and have fun. I wouldn't mind practicing certain less favorable matchups in lane just for the experience.

I should honestly use the opportunity to get wrecked in a solo lane a few times and improve .

Boken

Banned
what. Zumbo tim tams?!

Are they like 30 bucks a pack
they were right next to the double choc tim tams so i dun think so
Apparently the initial channel time for Grand Skyfall was reduced from 2 to 0.5 seconds.
sounds good i guess
but its no longer a grand skyfall anymore. the range is so small.
its just a skyfall

n ne1 think its just a coincidenc that every1 becam more t0xic now dat scy is bak?

brian!

no ive been doing this thing recently where I have a particular idea of how the next 20 seconds of play should go and then when ppl do other stuff I get frustrated

like i literally said to someone "try to listen to what I say" which right after I said it I realized how incredibly patronizing and awful that is

or me not backing out of trying to get out an answer out of someone who obviously doesn't have a response or is intimidated or whatever which is str8 bullying

but ima do my best dont worry guys b my fren trust me

Boken

Banned
dun sweat it scy u cud never make us toksik

does shadowamlet post on gaf? he should ask us for hintz n tipz

i mean like who wuz it he was agenst, fallen hero cud give him some advices cos i think lee beats trynd erly on prrety ez

brian!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

neko didnt block the ulti because he had faith in my ability to win that engagement and live to tell the tale

right neko

right

I tried to carry that counter strike match so hard, so hard. but closer failed me. fucking awp noobs errywhere

iunno i was talking to ufo
or do u mean the match after the hostage one where i rekked u

Nekofrog

Banned
so

i played a shit ton of CS back in the day. started in beta 7, played through 1.5 somewhere in between there I was in the #3 clan of OGL west back when that was a thing. (quick sidenote, that same clan started myg0t as a means of trolling back then. it was me as khyron/g0d/xpl0it back in teh day)

would I be able to pick up CS GO and not be terrible at it? Is it similar to those? Pretty sure I still have all the mechanics and environmental awareness of 1.5 still memorized.

brian!

i played during 1.6 a little and i had to relearn the maps there are some changes, I don't recognize any of the hostage maps except office
you'd be fine at cs go because the majority of ppl that play it are pretty bad plus it's really easy to adjust to it

the cool thing about cs go that i haven't ever used but it looks cool
is that there's ranked matchmaking

AcridMeat

Banned
Finally got a chance to play some Varus games just now.

First game with vhfive as support 19/0/13, second game with a random fizz as support...
15/3/11
Hit some max range ults on ez after e's also. :D

The goal of these inhouses should be to help eachother improve and have fun. I wouldn't mind practicing certain less favorable matchups in lane just for the experience.

I should honestly use the opportunity to get wrecked in a solo lane a few times and improve .

inhouses have definitely been good for me but they also kind of wrecked my confidence a bit

like in soloq if you're walking around doing nothing its like okay whatever nobody on your team even really notices

but in 5v5 everyone is very acutely aware of what is happening and I have these moments where im like "i have no idea what i should be doing rn im just gonna follow someone around or stand near wolves and maybe put a ward down so nobody notices i have no idea what im doing"

i've spent the last few days playing against people much better than i am so i feel bad at the game so i dont want to play ranked

although earlier today i played ADC thresh in an ARAM and i was channeling madlife

Boken

Banned
inhouses have definitely been good for me but they also kind of wrecked my confidence a bit

like in soloq if you're walking around doing nothing its like okay whatever nobody on your team even really notices

but in 5v5 everyone is very acutely aware of what is happening and I have these moments where im like "i have no idea what i should be doing rn im just gonna follow someone around or stand near wolves and maybe put a ward down so nobody notices i have no idea what im doing"

i've spent the last few days playing against people much better than i am so i feel bad at the game so i dont want to play ranked

although earlier today i played ADC thresh in an ARAM and i was channeling madlife
r u erragal
erragal does this

Newt

Inhouses are fun when everyone is sort of on key and focused. Like today I had a 1hr long game as Fiora going 24/13 while Gamma went 18/11 but it was really stupid because so little progress was being made.

r u erragal
erragal does this
This is not erragal. I 100% agree with your second point though. He's blanks3y (I think that's how you spell it).

Tizoc

Have you unlocked barrier yet? That may be a smarter option. Also, do you perhaps share an account?

What do you mean by account sharing? I'll give barrier a try, Flash has been helping me out OKish so far.

Why would people complain about KSing when you are the adc. Also why do you have a gold item and why does blitz have so much cs.

I can be the ADC and they'd STILL complain =P
Funnily enough the Gold item helped me somewhat in my past matches, it may be 2 gold, but every little gold counts =P

The high CS has to do with how each one went to kill a group of crits

Inhouses are fun when everyone is sort of on key and focused. Like today I had a 1hr long game as Fiora going 24/13 while Gamma went 18/11 but it was really stupid because so little progress was being made.

This is not erragal. I 100% agree with your second point though. He's blanks3y (I think that's how you spell it).

blanksy3 but yeah

that hourlong game was so stupid

Kenai

Ok, I am not trying to complain but I kinda have a weird(?) question since it's happened quite a few times to me this week, especially now that I am finally starting up ranked again (lag doesn't seem so bad anymore).

Does anyone in soloQ have a problem where you're mid and your bot team takes the enemy tower, then hangs out in your lane for an annoyingly long time? I try to sneak in some farm in empty lanes if the enemy pushes back enough/farm jungle minions but it really messes up my creep score and also seems to suppress my level gains, especially if I was dead even before. I only had about 200 CS as Fizz this last game to the enemy Gragas 300 which is terrible, terrible, terrible and I know I can't totally blame them (I was behind 20-30 by the time they came) but I swear I lost 50-60 CS to this.

I fully admit to not being a very good mid and usually focus on CS/freezing unless I get some ganks/easy overextended targets so i can snowball but it's like...how do I best deal with situations like that? I don't want to be mean and tell them to gtfo if they are trying to help (especially if I really don't have a good suggestion for what they *should* be doing) but I'm kind of at a loss.

Boken

Banned
just ask them to politely push

if ur against good wave clear like gragas - then u dive them n take towr

n ur support isnt a dive capable support - den u shud ask them to go push bot or somefin. or take dragun. or attack the enemy jungla

Newt

just ask them to politely push

if ur against good wave clear like gragas - then u dive them n take towr

n ur support isnt a dive capable support - den u shud ask them to go push bot or somefin. or take dragun. or attack the enemy jungla

Nah, it wasn't that simple that match. If it was either team would have ended.

zkylon

zkylewd
Ok, I am not trying to complain but I kinda have a weird(?) question since it's happened quite a few times to me this week, especially now that I am finally starting up ranked again (lag doesn't seem so bad anymore).

Does anyone in soloQ have a problem where you're mid and your bot team takes the enemy tower, then hangs out in your lane for an annoyingly long time? I try to sneak in some farm in empty lanes if the enemy pushes back enough/farm jungle minions but it really messes up my creep score and also seems to suppress my level gains, especially if I was dead even before. I only had about 200 CS as Fizz this last game to the enemy Gragas 300 which is terrible, terrible, terrible and I know I can't totally blame them (I was behind 20-30 by the time they came) but I swear I lost 50-60 CS to this.

I fully admit to not being a very good mid and usually focus on CS/freezing unless I get some ganks/easy overextended targets so i can snowball but it's like...how do I best deal with situations like that? I don't want to be mean and tell them to gtfo if they are trying to help (especially if I really don't have a good suggestion for what they *should* be doing) but I'm kind of at a loss.
if they're doing something like that i'll just waveclear so it pushes and either try to take the turret and move on with the game or go get empty lane farm/jungle creeps

like if you have a proactive bot lane use them to your benefit, get turrets or tower dive fools or rotate dragon and get $$$ that way

Ferga

Just do whatever the other team is doing. Copy cat, don't die and you'll do no wrong.

And right click on the stuff I ping.

All is well when people click on the stuff I ping.

DeadNames

Banned
What do you mean by account sharing? I'll give barrier a try, Flash has been helping me out OKish so far.

I can be the ADC and they'd STILL complain =P
Funnily enough the Gold item helped me somewhat in my past matches, it may be 2 gold, but every little gold counts =P

The high CS has to do with how each one went to kill a group of crits

I mean like... Are you and another person using the same account? Generally you only want teleport on someone who splitpushes well (shen, nasus) and you can teleport back to your team.

Kenai

if they're doing something like that i'll just waveclear so it pushes and either try to take the turret and move on with the game or go get empty lane farm/jungle creeps

like if you have a proactive bot lane use them to your benefit, get turrets or tower dive fools or rotate dragon and get $$$ that way

Yea I do think I'm getting better (still not good) at doing *something* (Gragas was 1st with ~300, our top Quinn had ~280 and I was in 3rd on CS with ~210, beating our ADC, the enemy top and ADC all).

Since I was Fizz I roamed a lot and ganked bot as soon as I could, but I was kinda getting picked on by their Panth (died to 2 ganks, escaped 3 more) and our Naut jungler never let me have blue (not getting blue is another recurring problem but I know that's more my fault). I solo'd dragon twice and stole both their buffs twice, farmed both wraiths camps, farmed empty lanes as often as I could, was like 1/2 by end of laning phase but 13/5 by end, and still was level 17 when the game ended (by comparison Gragas was 18 when I was 15) Drove me nuts, I know I can do better but it's hard to figure this one out for me.

zkylon

zkylewd
Yea I do think I'm getting better (still not good) at doing *something* (Gragas was 1st with ~300, our top Quinn had ~280 and I was in 3rd on CS with ~210, beating our ADC, the enemy top and ADC all).

Since I was Fizz I roamed a lot and ganked bot as soon as I could, but I was kinda getting picked on by their Panth (died to 2 ganks, escaped 3 more) and our Naut jungler never let me have blue (not getting blue is another recurring problem but I know that's more my fault). I solo'd dragon twice and stole both their buffs twice, farmed both wraiths camps, farmed empty lanes as often as I could, was like 1/2 by end of laning phase but 13/5 by end, and still was level 17 when the game ended (by comparison Gragas was 18 when I was 15) Drove me nuts, I know I can do better but it's hard to figure this one out for me.
well with the amount of handicaps you were getting sounds like you did ok

like fizz isn't supposed to get ahead on cs on grago, the dude just clears casters with one spell and casters+melee with two from a lot of safety. fizz kinda drops on minions and hopes no one saw it so they can't collapse on him like gambit did to xpeke in that one game.

as far as levels are concerned, remember that dragon gives local experience (so if you can help it you want to be close to drag when it dies and not run off to clear mid) and i can't remember but i think turrets do too. you don't need to cs to get experience, just hang around while adc's pushing and you'll keep up. also if you can clear jungle camps fast just go around doing them as you move through the map. some of this sounds like it doesn't really apply to that game maybe but you know just sayin' keep that shit in mind

Boken

Banned
to celebrate the release of diablo here is an angel

UOk6efQ.jpg

Kenai

^wtf that's beautiful

and it won't happen! arrrrrrgh my want

Btw thanks for the advice all, I'm just gonna keep on trucking and keep it in stride. My absolute number 1 goal is to not feed my lane opponents even if i am getting ganked, and I did do that much (small victores) and just make up for it after laning is over (I did that also). I mean, I am in vs high Bronze/low Silvers, there will be people on the enemy team messing up and I think I can take advantage of it a lot if I try.

Tizoc

I mean like... Are you and another person using the same account? Generally you only want teleport on someone who splitpushes well (shen, nasus) and you can teleport back to your team.

Ah no Far as I know only 1 person can use an account right? Like if I have 2 laptops I can't use my account on both? If I can, that'd be great since me and my brother for example can work together in tandem for easier wins =P

I just like using teleport to get to places quick, but for Twitch I think I'll replace it.

garath

So the jump will basically be instant? Cool

It still won't make up for the range nerf. Not really. They have to extend it a LITTLE. At least nocturne levels of range.

This saddens me more than I thought. I love Pantheon. I was playing him in the jungle before he got super popular. I saw this coming when Dominate pulled him out in the LCS. Sigh.

Riot does not like the carry jungler. :(

Not to mention this pretty much kills him in lane. He can't even have TF levels of presence anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom