• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
oh yeah, it's back.
YrlQ02O.png

Amazing, I been checking that site for the past 6 months. Finally an update.

But what about cancerpants?

It's super awkward confronting him about it. Every time we ask him to put on a shirt he's all, "Fuck you guys, I have a condition! I'm terminal you bastards!" And you know that has nothing to do with it because he still wears the scarf and that doesn't chafe or anything, dude just clearly doesn't want to wear a shirt.

I mean I guess if that's his Make a Wish it's fine, though.

ALN1031

What am I supposed to evolve first on kha. I see people doing his r first but I've always done either q or e.

It's all a tossup now. I personally really like evolving Q first still since I like the damage more but now that his R got buffed a lot of people have now transitioned. There isn't really a "supposed" to evolve first now. That's supposed to be the point of the evolutions back when Kha was released: you evolved whichever one you need for the situation.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
I saw an Ahri wearing a pink dress and her tail have some pink sparkles.......I must buy her.

I found my best friend.

It's all a tossup now. I personally really like evolving Q first still since I like the damage more but now that his R got buffed a lot of people have now transitioned. There isn't really a "supposed" to evolve first now. That's supposed to be the point of the evolutions back when Kha was released: you evolved whichever one you need for the situation.

Evolve r gives you 50% damage reduction, 3 stealth, 3 speed boost, and let you activate you passive 3 times for the damage. It is really hard to go against that.

Blizzard

Banned
What am I supposed to evolve first on kha. I see people doing his r first but I've always done either q or e.
Used to I think everyone did Q or E. But Riot nerfed Kha Q and made his R better, so Korea competitive play (and now other people) are getting R first for an extra second of stealth ganks.

Most people right now go R -> E -> Q. R -> Q -> E also has some reasonable logic, depending on whether or not the laning phase has completely broken down by the time you hit Lv11 and how much vision control you have at the time. Everyone does R first now, though. Give into the peer pressure!

But... but... the damages.

The R allows you to stay in (both in terms of keeping in Q range and surviving being at that range) for much longer, which gives more damage over time. If you can't zero people out completely with your evolved Q - and you can't if they aren't super badly positioned hanging in lane with low health or something - it's better to get more Q's than to get slightly stronger ones.

zkylon

zkylewd

so created a na account and got matched against the most brutal ziggs bot ever like holy fuck how did i play with this ping

we also had a no items soraka feeding the bots for some reason and a jinx with more deaths than the soraka, even when she was playing for reals lol

reminded me of playing doto, everything feels so clunky and unresponsive and i don't understand how but i'm like 3 levels behind everyone heh

so yea no ty, i might use the account to spectate inhouses but really i can't believe i used to play the game like this

ALN1031

The R allows you to stay in (both in terms of keeping in Q range and surviving being at that range) for much longer, which gives more damage over time. If you can't zero people out completely with your evolved Q - and you can't if they aren't super badly positioned hanging in lane with low health or something - it's better to get more Q's than to get slightly stronger ones.

idk man, i usually kill the enemy mid in 2-3 evolved qs time.

Well, if you're consistently getting resets to escape/goomba-stomp as Q -> E Kha you can still make it work, there's just not really that much reward in exchange for the extreme risk associated with it anymore. R evolution is pretty much guaranteed power and team fight utility, if you don't take it you're basically betting everything on your superior team fight positioning and vision control to get a little more damage.

It's certainly the manliest choice, if nothing else. Kha'Zix isn't a man, though, he's a man-tis.

Leezard

That's what you aim for late game, right? I figured id just put the "core" build. You can switch out items from said build accordingly.

I think a core build corresponds to 2 or 3 items that you need first to function properly as a champion, as a "core" to your build.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
what about sona, nami? there can be only 1 best waifu.
skarner
I saw that Stonewall had a very mean video about how bad Skarner was. I'm kind of worried about him getting changed based on the feedback of the community, which is really off base right now. I hear people talking about still wanting stacking damage or utility to build or something off E. I don't trust Riot to change him right.

Ferga

I type up 'muted' in chat before I do it because it makes them shut the hell up.

Nothing worse than having a laner type up abuse at the jungler when the jungler can't even see any of it

People from other lanes will usually pick a side after a while and start arguing, spiralling it out of control and leading the game into an inevitable loss with no comeback chances.

heeheeheehahaEEEEEEEEEEEEhahahahahaEhahaHIhahahehahaaaa..ahhh...

yoko ono?

Jesus newt. That's a lot of kills for a 50 minute game.

Type2

Well, if you're consistently getting resets to escape/goomba-stomp as Q -> E Kha you can still make it work, there's just not really that much reward in exchange for the extreme risk associated with it anymore. R evolution is pretty much guaranteed power and team fight utility, if you don't take it you're basically betting everything on your superior team fight positioning and vision control to get a little more damage.

It's certainly the manliest choice, if nothing else. Kha'Zix isn't a man, though, he's a man-tis.
My reasoning behind evolving r first is it makes ganks much more potent. Usually I'll end up going elder lizard into brutalizer and then giants belt. The evolved r gives you a ton of utility and pseudo tankiness and by evolving e second you can ensure that you bait of ton of enemy abilities stealth and come back to clean up. I take q third.

zkylon

zkylewd
I don't even understand how I win some of these games.

sivir broken?

I type up 'muted' in chat before I do it because it makes them shut the hell up.

Nothing worse than having a laner type up abuse at the jungler when the jungler can't even see any of it

People from other lanes will usually pick a side after a while and start arguing, spiralling it out of control and leading the game into an inevitable loss with no comeback chances.
from my experience people that write "muted" they usually don't really mute.

i probably should go back to blocking /all chat

Ferga

My reasoning behind evolving r first is it makes ganks much more potent. Usually I'll end up going elder lizard into brutalizer and then giants belt. The evolved r gives you a ton of utility and pseudo tankiness and by evolving e second you can ensure that you bait of ton of enemy abilities stealth and come back to clean up. I take q third.

You don't get hydra after elder lizard?

It's a lot better option after the E nerfs imo. Destroys camps in a E and Q hydra.
I usually out gold everyone by the end of the game even when I don't get many kills.

Evolving Q first is pretty meh. Makes him a hit or miss champ since you force yourself to be a upfront, glass cannon, snowball machine.

I like to evolve E first since I like to tower dive and counter jungle with kha (Easier to jump over walls and turrets to clean up/smite steal).

And type gave a good explanation on the evolution on R first.

Depends on play style I guess.

I'm actually expecting them to at least somewhat revert the buff on the R evolution. Right now it's speed, stealth, and massive DR. It's just so much utility, it's like Kha went from barely having an ultimate to having one of the best in the game just because of seemingly minor buffs.

But if the dude's managing his Q first evolution because he's a pro assassin and always hits his mark, you can't hate on that. There was a guy who used to play Kat main in NA diamond before her rework when you basically had to be a god to make her work, but he always made her work, so you couldn't hate on it.

Like, the great thing about R first evolution is you don't have to be a Kha god. You can be kind of mediocre or having a bad game and still be a force for your team, whereas with that Q -> E evolution path you're basically going hardest-ass carry in the world or nothin'. It's probably pretty hot for pubstomping low Elo Shaco-style, though.

Blizzard

Banned
I had a really embarrassing ranked game last night where I don't think I got to level 11 in 25 minutes, and thus never got to evolve anything BUT Kha'zix jungle R.

It was an incredibly bizarre game where the enemy Ziggs mid was like 19/2 before killing our nexus in that timeframe. They claimed to be challenger and were presumably lying, but I think they were definitely playing on a friend's account or smurf account considering their recent wins and overpowering scores in silver 5.

I think I need to wrap my head around how to attack properly with upgraded R, since trying to run straight at someone usually gets me super kited and CC'd because they can predict the stealth route, and the unevovled jump isn't enough to dodge things well.

TomShoe

Banned
Finally decided to pick up Renekton from the store after getting tired of all the constant losing as Shen (not enough damage), and the winning but boring gameplay of Nasus. I have to admit, he feels really good to play as, with his harass, cc, and AOE damage. My 2nd ever game as Renekton I stomped my lane and got 4 kills, but the ADC Jinx fed (4/12/0, 109 cs in 50 minutes) and lost us the game.

GAF, any tips or suggested item builds on the croc? I'm enjoying him so far, it's tempting to main him.

Type2

You don't get hydra after elder lizard?

It's a lot better option after the E nerfs imo. Destroys camps in a E and Q hydra.
I usually out gold everyone by the end of the game even when I don't get many kills.

Evolving Q first is pretty meh. Makes him a hit or miss champ since you force yourself to be a upfront, glass cannon, snowball machine.

I like to evolve E first since I like to tower dive and counter jungle with kha (Easier to jump over walls and turrets to clean up/smite steal).

And type gave a good explanation on the evolution on R first.

Depends on play style I guess.
Hydra is situational. Lifesteal is nice but not necessarily important if you're troll tanking the enemy team.
I like hydra on both khaz and pantheon but I don't rush it early in most cases. Hydra is better for me when I want to avoid teamfights for a while. It makes more sense on panth because of the way his ult is but with khaz most of the time I want to skirmish and teamfight. The positioning aspect is more important on khaz.

Evolving e first is kind of silly since you don't have the damage. It's trickier to get unseen threat and isolation to proc, you need good warding or to be close enough with your r available. With evolved r first you make sure you have 55 extra atk with unseen threat, have a vast option of positional choices with ganks and have the speed and charges you need to finish the kill while having e up as a finisher.
If you communicate with the team about wards it's exceptionally easy to sneak into a lane bush from river or tower , wait for isolation and pounce. With a giants belt ready near the time of the e evolution you're getting a lot of free stats off that giants belt.

Edit: please excuse any incomplete thoughts in my reply. I am on mobile.

Edit2: R will get nerfed in the next patch or two for sure. It gives a bit too much. It feels like riots champion goal with khaz is pretty close to ready now. The evolutions are closer to having meaningful choices.
R evolution for better ganks and if laners lack cc, q for stronger cc lanes dueling and counter jungling, e for earlier team fighting and resets.

drawkcaB

skarner
I saw that Stonewall had a very mean video about how bad Skarner was. I'm kind of worried about him getting changed based on the feedback of the community, which is really off base right now. I hear people talking about still wanting stacking damage or utility to build or something off E. I don't trust Riot to change him right.

Yeah, I saw it too. Count me among those that would like to see Fracture do something more. I feel there some merit to what they're saying. The ramping speed on W feels terrible to me until I get 3~4 points into it (doesn't help the visual and audio feedback when gets to max speed is very lacklustre). Personal preference for E is that it applies a 1.5-2 sec AoE slow, AA procs the mark (other marks consumed) to extend the slow on a single target for another 1-1.5s, if only because it adds some thought to the skill (who to AA). Lower CD would work too, but that doesn't make for an interesting skill.

He isn't as bad as some people say, but I just don't have as much with him as I used to. He's even more straight forward that before, like he's nearly Aatrox levels of bland to me. My difficulties in the matches I played with new Skarner had way more to do with idiot teammates.

Some people are posting WTF bananas changes, though.

I think the bigger problem is that he's in the same boat as Sejuani: some other champion(s) does what they do better. If I want to use him in a burst/pick-off comp I can pick Vi and just do better.

Ferga

Hydra is situational. Lifesteal is nice but not necessarily important if you're troll tanking the enemy team.
I like hydra on both khaz and pantheon but I don't rush it early in most cases. Hydra is better for me when I want to avoid teamfights for a while. It makes more sense on panth because of the way his ult is but with khaz most of the time I want to skirmish and teamfight. The positioning aspect is more important on khaz.

Evolving e first is kind of silly since you don't have the damage. It's trickier to get unseen threat and isolation to proc, you need good warding or to be close enough with your r available. With evolved r first you make sure you have 55 extra atk with unseen threat, have a vast option of positional choices with ganks and have the speed and charges you need to finish the kill while having e up as a finisher.
If you communicate with the team about wards it's exceptionally easy to sneak into a lane bush from river or tower , wait for isolation and pounce. With a giants belt ready near the time of the e evolution you're getting a lot of free stats off that giants belt.

Edit: please excuse any incomplete thoughts in my reply. I am on mobile.

Edit2: R will get nerfed in the next patch or two for sure. It gives a bit too much. It feels like riots champion goal with khaz is pretty close to ready now. The evolutions are closer to having meaningful choices.

Brb, deleting you off my friend list :(

jk

I like the E evolution because I love the reset and range on it. It matches my playstyle of counter jungling perfectly.

Ward the enemy red/blue, farm golems/wolves while waiting then I jump over golem/wolf wall for the smite steal and potential kill then jump back out safely before anyone can react to it. And the reset on the jump is pretty crucial in tower dives at bot for me. I'm not forced to run into the enemy jungle where a mid laner/enemy jungler might be lurking. I can just jump back at our own turret.

Then again, I always build hydra after my elder lizard so I never really lack the damage to get resets.

And I like to farm more than gank. I only really gank when I know I can burn a flash or get my lane a small lead by making the enemy b.

I'm more attracted to getting a experience lead over the enemy jungler through farming and stealing for easier dragon fights and counter ganks rather than straight up ganking and snowballing.

Type2

jk

I like the E evolution because I love the reset and range on it. It matches my playstyle of counter jungling perfectly.

Ward the enemy red/blue, farm golems/wolves while waiting then I jump over golem/wolf wall for the smite steal and potential kill then jump back out safely before anyone can react to it. And the reset on the jump is pretty crucial in tower dives at bot for me. I'm not forced to run into the enemy jungle where a mid laner/enemy jungler might be lurking. I can just jump back at our own turret.

Then again, I always build hydra after my elder lizard so I never really lack the damage to get resets.

And I like to farm more than gank. I only really gank when I know I can burn a flash or get my lane a small lead by making the enemy b.

I'm more attracted to getting a experience lead over the enemy jungler through farming and stealing for easier dragon fights and counter ganks rather than straight up ganking and snowballing.
But wouldnt using r to get in behind him and killing him, using e after he blows his escape and using the last two charges of r for a combined 4 seconds of stealth to get out be just as evil.
Isolation and unseen threat procs included.

I love to farm efficienctly too and usually keep levels up on people but I also love snowballing my lanes so they can help me seige the enemy jungle.

garath

jk

Your playstyle is pretty close to mine. I haven't played much khazix since the change but I always build hyrdra after lizard. The clear speed is way too good. Much easier to counter the enemy jungler when you have 2-3 levels on them. I liked evolving Q first though. Much easier to kill the enemy jungler

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom