• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
semttuloxjuxw.png

The freelo train does not stop for anyone
ill make you a deal.

if you get gold by friday, i'll give you two mystery gifts. :3

Edwardo

I guess, it's just funny to me that I could make an entire book out of chatlogs that go like:

420broscope: you should go on draven in team fights
best annie kr: you should gobble on the fattest part of my knob
420broscope: fking classy dude, welcome to ignore
best annie kr: thank god he ignored me
best annie kr: i don't want to hear shit from feeders
420broscope: YOU WERE THE ONE FEEDING

I love that. It makes my games so much more entertaining.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
People are worried too much about winning and forgetting the true reason for the season: .gif fodder.

It's not even about winning or losing, or that I never want to play with him. We won fair amount of games with him.

I know I shouldn't explode like a teenage girl, especially on the forum, but there is something in the whole communicate process that tickle me the wrong way. It broke my limiter after reading his reply to soda. I just felt someone had to tell him why we(or at least I was) were so frustrated.

It's not even about winning or losing, or that I never want to play with him. We won fair amount of games with him.

I know I shouldn't explode like a teenage girl, especially on the forum, but there is something in the whole communicate process that tickle me the wrong way. It broke my limiter after reading his reply to soda. I just felt someone had to tell him why we(or at least I was) were so frustrated.

Well, yeah. I've listened in on the team comms a few times so I can understand the frustration and everything, and I'm not saying it's specifically on any one person. You probably just need to run a few ARAMs to take the entire "tone" down a level or two so people can relax.

Maybe even sacrifice team comms in favor of a team-agnostic mumble, so instead of using it for strategy talk people are just using it to say "gamma plz, plz gamma, no zederino" and make fun of how that kiunch guy always plays Ahri so he can make her dance.

Well, yeah. I've listened in on the team comms a few times so I can understand the frustration and everything, and I'm not saying it's specifically on any one person. You probably just need to run a few ARAMs to take the entire "tone" down a level or two so people can relax.

Maybe even sacrifice team comms in favor of a team-agnostic mumble, so instead of using it for strategy talk people are just using it to say "gamma plz, plz gamma, no zederino" and make fun of how that kiunch guy always plays Ahri so he can make her dance.

Zed is my waifu

And I'm pretty sure they played a few ARAMs with summons that had similar results as what kiunch said.

about that

lol

yeah, that one guy called xcloser

psh, eff that guy right?

he always uses the AWP, so ya. fk that guy

I was a total dick to some guy last night in ARAM. I got Blitz and didn't reroll him (so rude) and they had a Brand who put his dancing shoes on before the match and refused to be hooked, so I just built Talisman and cranked Overload to do run-up punch-and-shock initiations and pull him back when he tried to flash away, instead.

He was still super cool about it and told me how much he liked my police sirens. I think he could sense I needed a win after all those games with first-time TFs drawing him due to free week.

Eh, well, it's sort of an unimportant game. TSM can't lose a guaranteed no-relegation slot, and if I'm not mistaken Dig can neither get a no-relegation slot, nor can they drop far enough to end up in a guaranteed relegation slot. They're just playing for honor, now, in the way of true
Quinn
men.

Dig just keeps showing how bad they are. Good god, the difference between the top 2 teams in NA (and CLG I suppose) and the rest is astounding. Terrible positioning.

Blizzard

Banned
Just tried out Yorick jungle.

Pretty relaxing, just q whenever its up and e for health when clearing jungle. Ganks are meh but using ulti on a tristana in late game team fights feels good.
I think Yorick jungle is kind of fun too. The ganks are not very good, and I use ghost to help that, but he is kind of a cool pick if you thing the person playing adc is very reliable.

I have a general jungle question. Since you have to get another camp besides the buffs to get level 3 now, is it better to get wolves or wraiths, or does it depend?

I think Yorick jungle is kind of fun too. The ganks are not very good, and I use ghost to help that, but he is kind of a cool pick if you thing the person playing adc is very reliable.

I have a general jungle question. Since you have to get another camp besides the buffs to get level 3 now, is it better to get wolves or wraiths, or does it depend?

If you're using a relatively fast jungler (most of the meta ones) and aren't in huge threat of being invaded, you usually take whichever camp is closest to where you started on the way to the second buff. If you walk all the way to the further camp instead the respawn on it ends up slightly off, which will throw off your overall clear slightly. (It's fine if you're planning on ganking, invading, or camping for a counter-gank instead of doubling back to continue clearing, though.)

depends on what buff you start. If you start red, do wraiths. If you start blue, do wolves. whichever is closest to the first buff you do.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
It more depends on which side of the map you want to be on. If you clear the camp near your second buff it will be back up by the time you finish the Wight or double Golems. It's important not to ignore those camps because they give valuable experience, but if you want to pressure certain lanes it can alter your route.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com

I pick ahri for the tails. It just wag and wag and wag.

Yeah sr is more calm than aram, because aram is 100% teamwork and in sr at least you spent most of time doing your own stuff.

No matter how bad it got you can still say to yourself, "well at least I didn't lose my lane" or "dam jungle never came".

Nekofrog

Banned
I don't play arams going into them with the tryhard "need to win" mentality. I go into them to have fun and just play, and if we win hey that's cool too. a lot of the time that's why I'll be playing ARAMs with friends I know in real life over GAF games. Because I laugh way more.

The small camp I do is pretty dependent on what jungler I'm playing as. If I'm Elise or Khazix I'll do Wight, if I'm Vi I'll probably do Wraiths. Sometimes if I'm not worried about an invade and don't think the lanes are going to be easy to gank/don't need one, I'll start red->wraiths->wolves->wight->blue->wolves->wraiths->golems and go b.

As for what side to start, it always depends on the lane matchups and the enemy jungler. If I'm up against a Lee Sin/Udyr/Elise that might consider invading me, I'll usually start red buff even if it means I get a worse leash. The number of times I've started blue on purple side and had my red stolen when I get there is too damn high.

@Tizoc, learn to jungle, it's the best role :p You will seriously learn more from jungling than any other position: you have to understand objective control (buffs, dragons, towers), you have to be great at fights (you almost never harass, 99% of the time you're trying to get a kill), you have to be able to understand the lane matchups so you can predict which lanes need help, you have to be able to figure out where the other jungler is going, you need to help your team have vision control, and late game you will probably be initiating teamfights.

And Karthus ulti is not OP just because some guy got a penta with it. Karthus is a beast in late game teamfights but he is very vulnerable in laning phase. And in a teamfight you want to focus him and kill him early, and then kite back away from his aoe. If you have a jungler like Lee Sin or Elise you can punish him extremely hard and then simply safeguard/rappel away from his defile damage.

Yeah, I go into ARAMs figuring I'm going to bat .500 no matter what because it's pretty random. No need to stress, most of what decided the game happened in RNG and wasn't your ish anyway. Put on that song from Frozen and just chill.

Like, I don't even get all snippy about people's builds in ARAM, and you know how I love getting snippy about people's builds. I mean, if you consider Genja a person.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom