• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Personal preference for E is that it applies a 1.5-2 sec AoE slow, AA procs the mark (other marks consumed) to extend the slow on a single target for another 1-1.5s, if only because it adds some thought to the skill (who to AA). Lower CD would work too, but that doesn't make for an interesting skill.
I don't really see how splitting the slow's duration would really help to distinguish Skarner, and it would only serve to make him weaker.
He isn't as bad as some people say, but I just don't have as much with him as I used to. He's even more straight forward that before, like he's nearly Aatrox levels of bland to me. My difficulties in the matches I played with new Skarner had way more to do with idiot teammates.
I actually think there is more to him. The old Skarner was pretty binary where you would insert yourself into a teamfight and just sit there to exert as much CC as possible. Now there's more to be done with positioning and he has the capacity to kite and really pick out targets that he can really kill on his own because he has the damage to be independent.
I think the bigger problem is that he's in the same boat as Sejuani: some other champion(s) does what they do better. If I want to use him in a burst/pick-off comp I can pick Vi and just do better.
I see Skarner and Sejuani's situations as fundamentally different. Sejuani is a champion with many inherent weaknesses built into her kit, and her strengths aren't enough to offset the inadequacies. It's difficult to iterate just how bad Sejuani's first clear is. It is really hard to get going early, and her damage has been so neutered from direct and indirect nerfs that clearing camps feels like an almost insurmountable challenge on its own. Skarner is actually probably better at creating picks than Vi (and funnily enough, she is one of his easier matchups to deal with). People will always pick Vi though because she has the capability to react defensively with her wall hop, and there aren't enough measures in place to punish her for making mistakes.

Ferga

Skgdh8v.png

2011 afkGAF is BACK

drawkcaB

I don't really see how splitting the slow's duration would really help to distinguish Skarner, and it would only serve to make him weaker.

It's not just about distinguishing Skarner, it's about not having a bland AoE line slow. There's lots of AoE line slows in this game that have interesting interactions to them (e.g. Olaf's Axe, Lulu w/ Pix). Fracture is...boring. Crystal Slash is a strong ability, but again it's no more interesting to use than other spammable abilities (Hec Q, Zac W). It's a strong kit overall, it just doesn't feel that way, save the ultimate.

I also disagree on the weaker standpoint, I'll gladly trade 0.5s AoE slow if it means I can pick out one champion to slow for longer.

zkylon

zkylewd
how about making his ult a regular spell but it's not a supress but like a moving snare so he grabs you and you're aboard the ska train shootin' all his friends choo choo

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
It's not just about distinguishing Skarner, it's about not having a bland AoE line slow. There's lots of AoE line slows in this game that have interesting interactions to them (e.g. Olaf's Axe, Lulu w/ Pix). Fracture is...boring. Crystal Slash is a strong ability, but again it's no more interesting to use than other spammable abilities (Hec Q, Zac W). It's a strong kit overall, it just doesn't feel that way, save the ultimate.

I also disagree on the weaker standpoint, I'll gladly trade 0.5s AoE slow if it means I can pick out one champion to slow for longer.
The interesting interaction is supposed to be Skarner's passive that creates a stronger emphasis on landing auto-attacks. Unfortunately only his Q is really able to take advantage of being spammable because the cooldown on his other abilities are too long, and the dreams of a spammable E slow are crushed under the design fear that consistent slows are too punishing.

Skarner's AOE spam feels way better to me than Hecarim's or Zac's though.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
l9BdkBg.gif

This is why you evolve R first.

Will post more of Rex screw up if we get a 10th for inhouse, plus you wont be in my team.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
If Nami is the only champ you play, I'll ban her np.

I can play a lot of other champs, in other lanes, at a competent level but I like to think I'm somewhat decent with her and can make plays.

Blizzard

Banned
I can play a lot of other champs, in other lanes, at a competent level but I like to think I'm somewhat decent with her and can make plays.
The key is to play a champion you are mediocre with all the time until they ban it thinking it's your only champion.

Then you go NOW BEHOLD MY TRUE FORM and unveil the champion you are the true master at.

Blizzard

Banned
Are league logins broken right now? It went from a 2 minute queue to 5 minute queue, and each time when it reached the end it switched to a 42 minute queue.

*edit* It let me in out of the 42 minute wait screen, finally.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Are league logins broken right now? It went from a 2 minute queue to 5 minute queue, and each time when it reached the end it switched to a 42 minute queue.

Froggen is DDOSing NA servers right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom