• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

Why the fuck do these streams start when I'M WASTING MY TIME AT WORK?!?!

play toplane soraka

here is what you do

you get to lane, and you keep pressing q

at some point you will go back. you buy chalice of harmony. this is a good item because it lets you press q more.

eventually the other toplaner hates you so much he quits.

Man that reminds me of the time I played against a Top Soraka, at the time I didn't know about her kit, so getting at her was a little difficult.

...but Chalice of Haromny gives me Magic Defense, what if I'm against AD champs?

You buy chalice for the mana regen, the MR is just a bonus.

Vs AD champs you have your own armor buff.
Not so much builds so much as doing stuff in the match. Like I know I gotta save my Healing and mana recover for my ally, and keep an eye on other character's health to heal them with my ulti. ...but what if using my ulti becomes a bad call?
It's never a bad idea to use your ult to save a teammate.

Unless you're healing full health people, I can't see how using Wish woul be a bad call.

Tizoc

It's never a bad idea to use your ult to save a teammate.

Unless you're healing full health people, I can't see how using Wish woul be a bad call.

I mean like in early game when we're pushing lanes, I'd give up my Ulti to heal an ally at a far off lane.

I mean like in early game when we're pushing lanes, I'd give up my Ulti to heal an ally at a far off lane.
That's also a good thing.

Hell, sometimes as lane Soraka I'd just blow my ult when I see bot winning a fight at their lane to steal some assists.

It's like Karthus but without being a dick.

Dobkeratops

OT Hard Carry
also void fizz splash art shows great promise

FizzLoadScreen_4.jpg

Dq3Xlt7.jpg

pls have a good model

I think I could of taken on the whole team of intermediate bots myself....
Late game 5v5 intermediate isn't as easy as you'd expect. Bots are piss easy at the beginning because they're too aggressive and don't mind minion/tower damage. They only retreat once they're less than 20-25% HP.

It stops mattering when they're all complete builds, and if you goof off too much for too long they'll probably beat you in items because of their rapidly accelerated gold income.

Obviously it's really easy to 1v5 bots when you're that 20/0 Akali by 25 mins or something.

Violet_0

Banned
I lost my fair share of bot games. You're usually matched with the worst players out there and the bots just get super tanky after being fed for 30 minutes. If you're not playing a carry you're screwed

the Gambit vs. SK match from yesterday is being remade because of an Aatrox bug.

that lasted all of 15 seconds. and Darien still lost lane.

Seems drastic :/

the Gambit vs. SK match from yesterday is being remade because of an Aatrox bug.

that lasted all of 15 seconds. and Darien still lost lane.

Seems drastic :/
Doesn't matter, it could still have warped the match. Like imagine if suddenly Vayne can proc silver bolts every 2 hits.

It's better to do this way to make sure no one can complain. Gambit will stomp anyways.

Just seems like a waste of time. SK lost hard because they got stomped in every other lane. It didn't effect the outcome. It's not like the Saintvicious bug in NA when his Tibbers wouldn't cast and then randomly popped out while they were doing dragon a few seconds later. Which, coincidentally, didn't get a remake despite losing Curse the game really.

Yup, my thought exactly.

Edit: but I hope riot doesn't follow this for minor stuff... Wasn't this bug for like less than a minute? Darien lost lane badly still.

It was for about 15 seconds. It fixes itself when you switch stance on W. Didn't effect the game whatsoever. :/

Boken

Banned
Doesn't matter, it could still have warped the match. Like imagine if suddenly Vayne can proc silver bolts every 2 hits.

It's better to do this way to make sure no one can complain. Gambit will stomp anyways.

Yup, my thought exactly.

Edit: but I hope riot doesn't follow this for minor stuff... Wasn't this bug for like less than a minute? Darien lost lane badly still.

Just seems like a waste of time. SK lost hard because they got stomped in every other lane. It didn't effect the outcome. It's not like the Saintvicious bug in NA when his Tibbers wouldn't cast and then randomly popped out while they were doing dragon a few seconds later. Which, coincidentally, didn't get a remake despite losing Curse the game really.

It was for about 15 seconds. It fixes itself when you switch stance on W. Didn't effect the game whatsoever. :/

errr its not the point that it didnt affect the game. the rules only require that a "game function (including champion ability) is not working as intended. Upon pausing, referees and QA resources will work to confirm the bug. If they are successful in doing so and determine such bug to be of significant impact [At the time]"

its that SK was denied the option of a remake at the time due to an error by Riot Ref n so they will give them the option

this is called restitution

its not important that after the fact, it didnt make a difference. we look at how the rule is applied - and it requires you to look at the impact of the bug on the game at that moment.

BHK3

Banned
I like Thresh and Alistar, basically winning the fights cause I catch one person out of position and I lock them down/charge them into my team. I wanna get shit down, I go hard, If I go in and die then my team wipes them, then that was my entire plan all along. I wanna try Nami because I have a feeling some people won't be able to handle my bubble game, she any good? I ask my LoL friend for champion recommendations but he just says every person I like is bad like Blitzcrank and Lissandra.

Newt

I like Thresh and Alistar, basically winning the fights cause I catch one person out of position and I lock them down/charge them into my team. I wanna get shit down, I go hard, If I go in and die then my team wipes them, then that was my entire plan all along. I wanna try Nami because I have a feeling some people won't be able to handle my bubble game, she any good? I ask my LoL friend for champion recommendations but he just says every person I like is bad like Blitzcrank and Lissandra.
Thresh is god tier, there is no support stronger than he is the game right now. He offers everything other than sustain. Nami is definitely above average in strength, but she's a mechanically demanding support to play. Alistar is trash tier, to even hope to make a play you need to burn flash.

errr its not the point that it didnt affect the game. the rules only require that a "game function (including champion ability) is not working as intended. Upon pausing, referees and QA resources will work to confirm the bug. If they are successful in doing so and determine such bug to be of significant impact [At the time]"

its that SK was denied the option of a remake at the time due to an error by Riot Ref n so they will give them the option

this is called restitution

its not important that after the fact, it didnt make a difference. we look at how the rule is applied - and it requires you to look at the impact of the bug on the game at that moment.

the problem is though that the only people being punished for this are the team that won the game, and they didn't win it because of the bug. It had little to no impact on the game, and because of it SK (who got destroyed in every other lane and in team fights) get a free rematch. We don't even know whether they would have taken the remake on the spot for such a minor thing.

2 wrongs don't make a right. There was a mistake that had no impact on the game, so move on. It sets a bad precedent.

I agree with Riots decision on the matter. Better to be clear cut on matters like these so we don't delve into ridiculous debates on what is a minor or major bug and how it would affect the outcome of a match in hypothetical terms. SK needed to be informed of their rights under the circumstances yesterday and they weren't.

brian!

nah it's a "good" precedent because there is no good or standardized way to measure impact on a game of ifs

even if something has little or unnoticeable impact, it runs contradictory to the idea of an equal field, even tho u mite not have strats for purple side

but in the end it's w/e cuz gambit gona smash

i dont think the tibbers thing was ever proven?

To be fair, the "Annie Bug" is something no one else has really experienced or been able to reproduce and short of going through a command input log from Saint's computer can't even be verified to have happened
and doesn't actually exist
, while the Aatrox bug is something that is provable in its existence and at least marginally able to be reproduced in a test environment.

Though, yeah, saying that it cost SK the game is a bit of a stretch. Their team comp was what cost them the game.

Blizzard

Banned
Yes, and often it's because of a combination of the ff:
- 2 or more players disconnect
- You're playing a champ who can't 1vN well or can't shove (Alistar)
- You mess around too long, then 1+ people disconnect
- They have one or more of the ff: Fidd, Malph, Cass, Karth, Ali, Malz, Amumu

Singed is a near guaranteed win even in intermediate late game 2v5 though. I just did a few nights ago.

Source: I have over 400 AI games.

yea it's not hard if you have a moderately good champion for 1v5ing

i've done like two pentakills back to back with like cass and syndra.

now karthus bot is a monster, and so is cass bot. karthus bot just knows the exact amount for his ult lol it's hilarious

I have played a bunch of bot games too, usually for win of the day, and I can confirm that I've lost a few. :(

Karthus bot being psychic with his ult is hilarious, I agree.

I -think- that if people are completely disconnected, the bots will have pity on you and an equal number of bots will disconnect. But sometimes that might not work, or your teammates might be afk instead of disconnected.

The main thing that will get you is if you do an intermediate bot game to try some unfamiliar champion that's not an AD carry, and then you realize that no one ELSE on your team is an AD carry or a good lane pusher either. 30-40 minutes in, all the bots get free defensive items like banshee's veil and guardian's angel, and they all keep pushing your lanes non-stop. If you have 3+ terrible players, no way to kill tanky bots, and no way to push lanes, you can lose in that situation since even if you kill a few bots, they'll respawn (possibly with even better items) by the time you get near their base.

The bot that amused me is the Zyra bot. I'm 99% sure it's impossible to actually cast spells in instant succession the way she does, no matter how fast your fingers are.

Like, I was just dicking around with Annie Jungle in a bot game and she popped out of a bush and insta-gibbed me with double seed Q-pop + E + R so fast I couldn't even Flash. Dat human limiter removal.

Even with smartcast?

Let me put it this way: back when Zyra was a mid, when her seed-dropping actually worked better (f-u rito), I walked into my fair share of "Zyra Traps" where a player had already dropped two seeds into a bush and unloaded on me when I walked into it.

Those are still slower than what Bot Zyra does with no seeds laid. It's an actual 100-0 burst in the space of the E root. You don't even have time to get bounced by Stranglethorns. I'm pretty sure it's legit impossible to do as a player with the way they changed the responsiveness of her spell reel.

I -think- that if people are completely disconnected, the bots will have pity on you and an equal number of bots will disconnect. But sometimes that might not work, or your teammates might be afk instead of disconnected.

Nope. Bots will only not move if the player didn't connect (+1000 resists). Those bots will start moving again once you're already bashing their nexus but I don't know if they stop again if you leave their nexus alone.

Bots can do full combos with zero mechanical error. It's possible by the game engine but not humanly possible because humans can't go Super Saiyan.

Zyra bot probably doesn't come close to the terror that are Annie and Veigar bot.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Bots can do full combos with zero mechanical error. It's possible by the game engine but not humanly possible because humans can't go Super Saiyan.

Zyra bot probably doesn't come close to the terror that are Annie and Veigar bot.

does veigar bot get passive ap over time the same way they get items?

Tizoc

I always forget that I should use Twitch's Q Stealth to get in and toss a poison bottle and not wait til AFTER I've hit them.

Another issue with Riot's ruling. It breaks their own rules.

§8.3.3 of Riot's own official LCS rulebook states that:
Finality of Judgment. If a referee makes an incorrect judgment during a match, the judgment cannot be reversed, as the decision of the referee is absolute and final and there is no appeal process.

brian!

the decision to remake the match wasn't made in-game by the referee i think
all the decision making here is also made outside of the teams, so there isn't any appeal process or anything

it's like
wait the lines in the football field are kinda fukked up sry we didnt notice until after

im sure there's some line in lcs contracts or the rulebook that interpretation of the rules is up to some section of riot employees

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Thresh is god tier, there is no support stronger than he is the game right now. He offers everything other than sustain. Nami is definitely above average in strength, but she's a mechanically demanding support to play. Alistar is trash tier, to even hope to make a play you need to burn flash.

Next in house, corki Alistar bot.

brian!

i think aatrox w procced off of 2 hits upon toggle for a while
i do not believe whether it meaningfully affected the match is something being considered here

W healed every 2 hits instead of 3.

Didn't really matter considering SK jungle, mid and bot were all getting spanked hard (8/0 jungle Xin IIRC). Darien actually didn't do so well.

Also the remake was a Riot decision and not SK.

zkylon

zkylewd
I have played a bunch of bot games too, usually for win of the day, and I can confirm that I've lost a few. :(

Karthus bot being psychic with his ult is hilarious, I agree.

The main thing that will get you is if you do an intermediate bot game to try some unfamiliar champion that's not an AD carry, and then you realize that no one ELSE on your team is an AD carry or a good lane pusher either. 30-40 minutes in, all the bots get free defensive items like banshee's veil and guardian's angel, and they all keep pushing your lanes non-stop. If you have 3+ terrible players, no way to kill tanky bots, and no way to push lanes, you can lose in that situation since even if you kill a few bots, they'll respawn (possibly with even better items) by the time you get near their base.
once i remember we had an afk so jax bot just stood in fountain waiting for him to come back

then suddenly as we were taking down the inhibitors jax bot comes rushing down to defend it lol

guess their honor only goes so far haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom