• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

Banned
Ya it's funny because they actually think the other team gives a shit about them.
I think it's mixed. If the other team has a griefer who's spamming racial slurs in allchat, and you don't feel bad for their teammates, that seems kind of sociopathic to react in that way. And maybe being sociopathic is normal in videogames, especially MOBAs.

I figure if someone is complaining "report this person for being bad omg" then that's bad and they shouldn't say that. But if they say "please report this person for racial slurs in the chat log" or "please report this person who has been afk 20 minutes", ESPECIALLY if I can see evidence in allchat or the game that the person is afk/griefing/harassing? Then I think it's fair for me to sympathize and report them. In theory it has the selfish side effect that there's a very slight chance the person might get banned for a couple of days, and for those days I won't get them on my team.

The whole treat others how you'd want to be treated thing, etc.

Einbroch

Banned
Vel'Koz plays a lot like Xerath, so it makes sense that Vel'Koz, Xerath, and Syndra are my favorite mids. They seem to have combo'ing skillshots.

Tizoc

Why is Rabadon's Deathcap favoured over Deathfire Grasp?
...and I am to assume that BoRK 'stacks' with Jarvan's passive?

zkylon

zkylewd
it's really hard to feed as xerath

kind of like ziggs, you kind of faceroll from a million range and things sort of happen :p

Why is Rabadon's Deathcap favoured over Deathfire Grasp?
not all champions like one more than the other, lebonk and ahri usually rush dfg, syndra can go dfg or deathcap depending on the game, etc.

the reason why lebonk and ahri love dfg is because dfg's active enhances your single target damage, which is perfect for ahri and lebonk who don't have all that much aoe so they just want to find someone and assassinate them.

deathcap gives you a lot of ap, which empowers all your spells, so if you're an aoe mage (orianna, grago) you want that.

with syndra you get to choose since her kit does both, ult for single-target assassination, everything else is aoe

...and I am to assume that BoRK 'stacks' with Jarvan's passive?
yup

Edwardo

I actually do that with my irl friends in a joking matter. It's funny because the enemy goes along with it sometimes lol.

Lol, yea when me and some rl buddies play together I feel like anything goes. The "Report Vi, called me a ________." is one of the better ones.

I think it's mixed. If the other team has a griefer who's spamming racial slurs in allchat, and you don't feel bad for their teammates, that seems kind of sociopathic to react in that way. And maybe being sociopathic is normal in videogames, especially MOBAs.

I figure if someone is complaining "report this person for being bad omg" then that's bad and they shouldn't say that. But if they say "please report this person for racial slurs in the chat log" or "please report this person who has been afk 20 minutes", ESPECIALLY if I can see evidence in allchat or the game that the person is afk/griefing/harassing? Then I think it's fair for me to sympathize and report them. In theory it has the selfish side effect that there's a very slight chance the person might get banned for a couple of days, and for those days I won't get them on my team.

The whole treat others how you'd want to be treated thing, etc.

I know what youre saying and I do agree. People need to realize though that the things they are complaining about like trolls, afk'ers, and assholes happen to everyone all the time. I don't know if players complain in allchat because they actually want sympathy, or if it's just for attention.

Newt

When people complain to me when I'm on the other team, I take their side. Usually they tend to react in an egomaniac way to the rest of their team, destroy their team's structure, and I get a free win out of it.

i turned off eu lcs for a kr diamond stream. big improvement.
image.php

garath

When people complain to the other to me when I'm on the other team, I take their side. Usually they tend to react in an egomaniac way to the rest of their team, destroy their teams structure, and I get a free win out of it.

image.php

next level. Winning through social hacking.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
You should try to switch to kr plat stream tomorrow then when na lcs runs.
Maybe. EU is more unbearable than NA though. Like...I checked the game on right now and both top laners are in the 40-60 CS area at the twelve minute mark, and one of them is 0/0/0. The casters on EU just hurt the experience a lot too.

Newt

Maybe. EU is more unbearable than NA though. Like...I checked the game on right now and both top laners are in the 40-60 CS area at the twelve minute mark, and one of them is 0/0/0. The casters on EU just hurt the experience a lot too.
Yeah...EU is definitely horrid to watch. Not going to spoil anything because this isn't the LCS thread, but in this Roccat vs Wolves game...one of the botlanes is making me face palm so hard. In NA people play bad, but they don't randomly go from great to trash in terms of gameplay.

garath

Yeah...EU is definitely horrid to watch. Not going to spoil anything because this isn't the LCS thread, but in this Roccat vs Wolves game...one of the botlanes is making me face palm so hard. In NA people play bad, but they don't randomly go from great to trash in terms of gameplay.

EU does seem pretty hit or miss. The teams can be absolutely godlike one day and incredibly disorganized the next.

Leezard

Shyvana had 120 cs at 17 minutes, so, eh, maybe. Rough lane for Gragas with 90 cs at 17 minutes, though it's possible to question Roccat picking Gragas. Every other lane was better.

I dunno, I guess it depends on what you like to watch better. The quality of the average eu game is still better than the average na game considering the throwfest that those games evolve into whenever it's not C9/TSM getting a lead early.

EU might be a bit hit or miss for some games, but it's still more interesting than the consistent misses of NA.

Newt

Shyvana had 120 cs at 17 minutes, so, eh, maybe. Rough lane for Gragas with 90 cs at 17 minutes, though it's possible to question Roccat picking Gragas. Every other lane was better.

I dunno, I guess it depends on what you like to watch better. The quality of the average eu game is still better than the average na game considering the throwfest that those games evolve into whenever it's not C9/TSM getting a lead early.

EU might be a bit hit or miss for some games, but it's still more interesting than the constant misses of NA.
Meh, it's true NA is kinda a throw fest. A throw fest is more appealing than hiding in base when down in gold and slowly losing though.

Not sure how you can make a point of NA being hit or miss though. There's a huge difference between the top and bottom teams.

brian!

a throw festival sounds like a good time in general i herd there are some good bands playing

i think he means sometimes the matches are kinda fun to watch and sometimes the matches arent fun to watch newt

Leezard

Meh, it's true NA is kinda a throw fest. A throw fest is more appealing than hiding in base when down in gold and slowly losing though.

Not sure how you can make a point of NA being hit or miss though. There's a huge difference between the top and bottom teams.

Yeah, I guess it depends on what kind of game you prefer to see. C9 is always boring though. :/

I did not want to imply that NA teams are hit or miss, the "consistent misses" was referring to the 6 low-tier teams. I agree that there is a huge difference between the top and bottom teams.

brian!

c9 is pretty fun to watch when they play internationally
like usually i skip fnatic games but i think those games are nice

Newt

Yeah, I guess it depends on what kind of game you prefer to see. C9 is always boring though. :/

I did not want to imply that NA teams are hit or miss, the "consistent misses" was referring to the 6 low-tier teams. I agree that there is a huge difference between the top and bottom teams.
Yeah, I agree with you here.

I guess the first 10 minutes of the EU games are always enjoyable to watch.

Leezard

c9 is pretty fun to watch when they play internationally
like usually i skip fnatic games but i think those games are nice

Actually, yeah, you're right, C9 is more fun to watch internationally. The Katovice matches were kinda nice from what I saw.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I mean...I guess I just don't know what to associate with the EU LCS. It's lacking in personality, the mechanical level of play isn't very high, and honestly their understanding of the meta seems pretty low. Like...Elise got first picked in the CW vs. Roccat game, and you have a Xerath vs. Nid lane. The success of teams in the scene seems more like bursts of luck than actual solid play when they wildly shift from heavy win streaks to ruts of losses.

I mean...I guess I just don't know what to associate with the EU LCS. It's lacking in personality, the mechanical level of play isn't very high, and honestly their understanding of the meta seems pretty low. Like...Elise got first picked in the CW vs. Roccat game, and you have a Xerath vs. Nid lane. The success of teams in the scene seems more like bursts of luck than actual solid play when they wildly shift from heavy win streaks to ruts of losses.
Bu what about all the bm

Tizoc

My first match as Soraka
PdLM5Hg.jpg

I started off with mana regen and AP, then nearing the endgame made a Randuin to counter their heavy hitters.
By then I thought I'd just troll with sunfire cape, I dunno should've gone with Warmog now that I think about it not that it matters.

Ferrio

Banned
My first match as Soraka
PdLM5Hg.jpg

I started off with mana regen and AP, then nearing the endgame made a Randuin to counter their heavy hitters.
By then I thought I'd just troll with sunfire cape, I dunno should've gone with Warmog now that I think about it not that it matters.

Those summoners on the enemy team, almost looks planned.

zkylon

zkylewd
Anyone play support Thresh can recommend a guide?

this is pretty comprehensive and i agree with most of it: http://www.lolking.net/guides/80014

but basically you generall will want to max r>e>q>w or r>q>e>w (i've done w first a couple times but i'm not a big fan), rush shurelyas and get tanky (randuins/banshees). if you can get away with it, get cdr tanky items like spirit visage, frozen heart or locket. if you feel like your mikaels could do the difference build it early on, but remember you'll be really really squishy.

biggest tips i'd think would be to not always follow up your death sentences because the stun is often enough, to try to be smart about how your ult helps to zone the enemy team and that you can extend the lantern's range through walls by throwing it on those places wards just jump over the wall.

I got my masteries from a guide, don't remember which one. But it's 9/21. Offense is 4 cooldown, 3 brute force, expose weakness and martial mastery. The 21 in defense is pretty standard.

oh right runes/masteries. i run health quints, flat armor reds and yellows and flat mr blues. don't really like any other reds so that works for me. with masteries i run the same i run on most supports, 0-14-16, so i get the extra starting gold and the crit dmg reduction. sometimes i'll go 0 9 21 too

Ocho

My first match as Soraka

I feel there's absolutely no need for mana regen with Soraka.

AcridMeat

Banned
Hooray I won my promo series to silver 3. At least I thought it was to silver 3 but I'm in silver 2 now. The dream of gold solo 5 is alive.

3/2/19 Thresh he's still so damn good.
Anyone play support Thresh can recommend a guide?
I got my masteries from a guide, don't remember which one. But it's 9/21. Offense is 4 cooldown, 3 brute force, expose weakness and martial mastery. The 21 in defense is pretty standard.

We absolutely dominated our lane from the start (Cait/Thresh vs Lulu/Lucian) because the 9 in offense let's you bully people like no other. Add in an early hook and you establish the lane really early and can roll from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom