• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boken

Banned
Oh yeah by the way

OGN All-Stars is on

Flower 5 vs Manly 5 over

All-stars match is soon - two coaches draft two teams and they play

zkylon

zkylewd
noct wu and olaf arent completely useless until 6 + what they get at 6 is better than a dashi
yea i meant more general kit wise than anything

i mean she wouldn't be the best counterjungler but rito nerfed her numbers so many times but on kits alone her double dash tanky assassination would be pretty strong i rito didn't hate it

zkylon

zkylewd
lol gotta get this done with na

get saintvicious to wear a clg jacket and montecristo rollin' spinners for his picks and all that crap lol

Tizoc

Tank isn't always necessary depending on comp of the team but a meat shield doesn't hurt if your team is squishy. A jungler is fairly crucial as it gives three people the benefits of getting all the gold and exp of a lane and you have a constant presence on the map. If you don't have one and the other team does, you have the early advantage but they will soon out level and out scale you and you will have 0 dragon/baron/buff control.

Then why is it, despite being Player Lvl. 30 every game I played had my team with 2 at top from the opposing team?

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
context:
f54jIaD.jpg
Code:
soda cop joined the room.
Jaykey joined the room.
Noobuo Uematsu joined the room.
ImWheeler joined the room.
LordNewt joined the room.
Best Warwick CA joined the room.
Best Warwick CA: too aggressive>
Best Warwick CA: ?
Best Warwick CA: bot or what happened
DUBS20: yea maybe
Best Warwick CA: ok
DUBS20: idk sivir and i didnt mesh well
Best Warwick CA: seems like ur playstyle
DUBS20: oh
DUBS20: well what happened top?
Best Warwick CA: kha ganked
Best Warwick CA: when it was good time to gank
Best Warwick CA: j4 ganked way too early
Best Warwick CA: and when i wasnt close enough
Best Warwick CA: to get cc
DUBS20: but like why didnt you roam?
DUBS20: too hard
Best Warwick CA: lol lose
Best Warwick CA: my lane for what
Best Warwick CA: roam all the way bot
DUBS20: lol no mid lane
Best Warwick CA: shy pushs two turrents
DUBS20: our mid was really good
DUBS20: should have helped her snowball
Best Warwick CA: maybe
DUBS20: because top and bot both lose lanes
Best Warwick CA: but me and the top lane
Best Warwick CA: were going even
Best Warwick CA: until
DUBS20: lol
Best Warwick CA: kha came with double gank
Best Warwick CA: top
DUBS20: okay seems like your score says pretty even
Best Warwick CA: that was the diffeence
Best Warwick CA: lol
Best Warwick CA: she had 3 kills
Best Warwick CA: 3
Best Warwick CA: we didnt leave lane till 25 mins
DUBS20: but 7 assist so she killed you 3 times top then helped with 7 other kills
DUBS20: our top particpated in 2 kills
Best Warwick CA: no
DUBS20: LOL
DUBS20: okay
Best Warwick CA: she got one kill top
Best Warwick CA: that was it
Best Warwick CA: ask her
Best Warwick CA: she got others from teamfights
DUBS20: and what were you doing in team fights
Best Warwick CA: lol u guys got caught
Best Warwick CA: u did
Best Warwick CA: ur sivir was terrible
Best Warwick CA: super bad
DUBS20: i participated in 13 kills
DUBS20: wtf did you do
DUBS20: for the team
Best Warwick CA: if u thini
DUBS20: besides to die to kha ganks
Best Warwick CA: think u did well that game
Best Warwick CA: u are dead wrong
Best Warwick CA: dead wrong
Best Warwick CA: bot lane got steamrolled
DUBS20: lol we lost lane but started to make a comeback
Best Warwick CA: u failed ur main job
DUBS20: i dont doubt that
DUBS20: yea i couldnt win bot
Best Warwick CA: u were too aggessive and jinx
DUBS20: i lost bot
Best Warwick CA: carried them to victory
DUBS20: i totally agree
Best Warwick CA: u need to feel out ur adc
DUBS20: but i also helpped my team out so we could have had a chance
Best Warwick CA: and see if she is good
DUBS20: pls
Best Warwick CA: if not u play passive and wait for ganks
DUBS20: i lost bot
DUBS20: went mid
DUBS20: got mid kills
Best Warwick CA: i didnt see that
Best Warwick CA: i was fightin top lane all game
DUBS20: LUX GOT A QUADRA
DUBS20: PLS
Best Warwick CA: yes a clean up
Best Warwick CA: quad
DUBS20: LOLOLOLOLOl
Best Warwick CA: it was a clean up quad
DUBS20: not one other person got an assist
DUBS20: NOT ONE
Best Warwick CA: excatly
DUBS20: lux and leo
Best Warwick CA: she was late to the fight
DUBS20: omg okay
Best Warwick CA: thats y
Best Warwick CA: agree to that or not
DUBS20: you have a reason for everything
DUBS20: you are the best decision maker
Best Warwick CA: lol how is that not a good reaons
Best Warwick CA: reason
DUBS20: always help the team
DUBS20: and never lose lane
DUBS20: always go even or win
DUBS20: okay
DUBS20: good job top
DUBS20: really
Best Warwick CA: i did my job
DUBS20: helpped the team
Best Warwick CA: u didnt do urs
DUBS20: LOL NO YOU DIDNT
Best Warwick CA: yes i did
Best Warwick CA: u lost bot
DUBS20: fail your job more pls
Best Warwick CA: i went even top
DUBS20: stop saying you went even PLEASE
DUBS20: you did not
Best Warwick CA: then got ganked by kha twice cuz u lost bot soo hard
DUBS20: GANKS HAPPEN
DUBS20: THEY ARE GOING TO HAPPEN NEXT GAME TOO
Best Warwick CA: yes but not two in a row
Best Warwick CA: unless
DUBS20: did you know THAT
Best Warwick CA: my other lanes are gettin shit on
DUBS20: THEIR IS A JUNGLE IN EVERYGAME
DUBS20: LEARN THAT
DUBS20: GANKS WILL HAPPEN
Best Warwick CA: i know that
DUBS20: NO YOU DONT
Best Warwick CA: it was the tiem he spent top lane
DUBS20: you blame jungle every time
Best Warwick CA: that showed me that the game was lost
DUBS20: you lose lane
DUBS20: pls
DUBS20: stop
Best Warwick CA: he didnt give a shit about bot
Best Warwick CA: or mid
DUBS20: there is no excuse
Best Warwick CA: if stayed top
Best Warwick CA: forver
DUBS20: you lose to jungle every time
Best Warwick CA: ok buddy
Best Warwick CA: gj
DUBS20: kha came bot 4 times
Best Warwick CA: bot
Best Warwick CA: gj
LordNewt: kha barely came bot
Best Warwick CA: our jungle had 10 deaths
Best Warwick CA: too
Best Warwick CA: so yea
Best Warwick CA: he wasnt doing much
DUBS20: lol what about the nid
DUBS20: ?
Best Warwick CA: it was always 4v4
DUBS20: did you forget she came and laned with you
Best Warwick CA: shy never came mid or bot
Best Warwick CA: untill late late
Best Warwick CA: game
LordNewt: nid somehow got two random kills under tower
LordNewt: at bot
Best Warwick CA: yea
Best Warwick CA: our mid let her roam
DUBS20: and kha came and made my ad burn flash
Best Warwick CA: again
Best Warwick CA: jungle did a poor job
Best Warwick CA: and we lost because of it
DUBS20: lol
Best Warwick CA: paired with poor synergy
DUBS20: jungle did better than top
Best Warwick CA: bot lane
LordNewt: can't blame it all on j4
DUBS20: without a doubt
DUBS20: particpated in 13 kills
DUBS20: tried to help our team get back
Best Warwick CA: i didnt blame it all
DUBS20: our garen
Best Warwick CA: on him
DUBS20: only cared about lane
Best Warwick CA: lol dude
Best Warwick CA: u have done the same thing
Best Warwick CA: so many times
Best Warwick CA: i cant ever count
DUBS20: yea at least i make plays and get kills
DUBS20: i dont just go even top
DUBS20: i win
Best Warwick CA: i have seen u lose lanes
DUBS20: or i lose
Best Warwick CA: all the tiem
Best Warwick CA: mord
DUBS20: lol i totally agree
Best Warwick CA: ring any bells
DUBS20: but i go for the win
DUBS20: or i lose lane
Best Warwick CA: i tried for the win
DUBS20: you went even and did nothing
Best Warwick CA: but the feeding was too intense to comeback
Best Warwick CA: :(
DUBS20: lol so you gave up
DUBS20: and decided to not help
Best Warwick CA: i didnt give up
Best Warwick CA: wtf
DUBS20: what a troll
DUBS20: umm then why didnt you help AT ALL?
Best Warwick CA: i just tried to hold my lane and prevent losing my lane
Best Warwick CA: thats what i did to help
Best Warwick CA: was slow the bleeding by holdin out my lane
DUBS20: there were 21 fucking kills in that game and you were part of  two of them that is utterly pathetic
Best Warwick CA: as long as i could
DUBS20: do something for the team
DUBS20: be a TEAM MEMBER
DUBS20: learn that
Best Warwick CA: ok dude
LordNewt: good conversation

How does jungle rammus stand atm?
I feel like trying him but I'm not sure if I should or not.

His clear is godlike. By which I mean he is the God of Hilariously Slow Clears, able to go toe-to-toe with even the legendary Slow-Clearing Bushin Shen.

(Actually his first clear is OK other than nomming through his pots kind of stupidly quick, but he just does not keep up with the leveling of jungle mobs as the game goes when it comes to clearing speed, especially since he responds poorly to AD/AP itemization. You're basically locked into going crazy gank heavy on him.)

Tizoc

How do I go about buying Runes? I'm seeing waaaaaaaaaaay too many of them at varying prices.
...and certain runes offer a higher stat for a parameter.

Just had a game on jungle Lee. We have wukong mid, Lucian/Lulu bot, Teemo top. Lulu goes afk at about level 11 and never comes back, the game is somewhat even at that point. I was a bit behind their elise from her camping in my jungle with their renekton for kills (note to self...), teemo was even, and wukong was ahead. Game goes on for ages, we are winning or going even in teamfights thanks to wukong who is starting to get really strong, but only so long we can hold out. So there is a fight and we lose a couple people and they start baron. I get a ward in and completely solo manage to steal baron (I died for it but definitely worth). Enemy team doesn't manage to push or anything and the rest of my team got the buff. Then we group and push mid, wukong gets a 3 man ult and we clean up getting 4 kills, push right up mid and end the game.

Such an awesome feeling winning a 4v5 especially since our team never had a lead before the dc. Lee Sin and Lucian are hardly massive late game champs either although Wukong is certainly strong. Not going to lie my baron steal was pretty clutch too :p.

I'm worried they will nerf Lee just as I get the hang of him. I understand what they want to do so he can actually do more than peel/assassinate in the late game, but the way the changes are at the moment is not really going to help. If they want to buff his passive and make him more auto reliant, he definitely needs to have stronger defense late game or he will just get focused, so they should buff his w pretty substantially. Make it only shield the person it is cast on and make the shield scale pretty decently. You can remove some damage on the q and e if he is going to transition into being an auto attacker since they will just be tools for him to prevent being kited. I also feel like his kick would be better if it was a skillshot that hit enemies in a cone instead of a targeted ability. Still would let you make insec plays, but would make it much more useful in a teamfight: a good flank and you could kick several people towards your team. If you did that you could greatly reduce the damage from it too. Then Lee Sins would build stuff like botrk/triforce + tank items.

Or they could just leave him as the most fun champion in the game that he is right now, where it feels very rewarding to play as him. I do understand what Riot means when they say he pushes other champs out of the meta (take Diana jungle for example, never going to be viable as long as Elise/Panth/Lee Sin are popular picks since you risk your lanes being ruined.

When do they go for free usually?
Also what's better for Nasus, Bloodthirster or hydra?

On Nasus? Probably neither most of the time. You want to build tanky with lots of cdr. Spirit Visage + Randuins + Thornmail + Boots + Warmogs and then maybe a Triforce. Frozen Heart is also an option.

Hydra is fine for Nasus because of the synergy with passive and Q. It's either Hydra or LW as your pure offense item. Tank and CDR items are still far up the priority list though.

You'd probably be better off building into a Manamune on Nasus than a Hydra, but regardless it's more important to get defensive items since your primary damage source isn't benefiting from either attack speed or attack damage particularly much.

Your offensive item is usually a TF or Iceborn Gauntlet. It's hard to justify any other actual offensive items, though depending on what you're dealing with a Mercurial Scimitar might not be entirely out of line. I would say Hexdrinker is okay, but you already want a Spirit Visage, so it'd be a pretty niche situation where you want that much MR.

Tizoc

On Nasus? Probably neither most of the time. You want to build tanky with lots of cdr. Spirit Visage + Randuins + Thornmail + Boots + Warmogs and then maybe a Triforce. Frozen Heart is also an option.

Oh OK then thanks, I assumed he could make use of the extra lifesteal.

Oh OK then thanks, I assumed he could make use of the extra lifesteal.

I mean he can, but by the time you can afford to rush a damage item the lifesteal will be largely useless since laning phase will be over and you won't need it.

The point of Nasus is since his q scales infinitely and does stupid damage, you are able to build extremely tanky and still do tons of damage. To do this you need cooldown reduction so you can spam your q as often as possible.

Spirit Visage is a very good item on Nasus because it gives him tank stats (good), cool down reduction (good) and it gives him more lifesteal from his passive.

Ferrio

Banned

Triforce should be after spirit and randiuns (might wanna buy sheen earlier if you're starting to be aggressive). Thornmail is situational and not a core item. Warmogs kinda overkill, maybe last item.

Also want a last whisper if they're stacking armor.

Usually want ionian boots too.

Triforce should be after spirit and randiuns (might wanna buy sheen earlier if you're starting to be aggressive). Thornmail is situational and not a core item. Warmogs kinda overkill, maybe last item.

Also want a last whisper if they're stacking armor.

Usually want ionian boots too.

Yeah I'm not the biggest Nasus player myself. I know Trick2g usually goes kindlegem->boots->sheen->defensive item

Ferrio

Banned
Yeah I'm not the biggest Nasus player myself. I know Trick2g usually goes kindlegem->boots->sheen->defensive item

Nasus's build order usually seems very situational on the lane match up. Defensive early if you're up against a lane bully and need to be able to farm. Sheen if it's someone you're not afraid of.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Seriously though, Trick2g has a negative win/loss ratio on Nasus, on top of already being a bad player you shouldn't take advice from. Ionian boots are bad on Nasus because you want your CDR to come from other places. Nasus is a super basic champion when it comes to build/playstyle. All you need to do is something like this: http://www.lolking.net/guides/95841

Nasus will probably (unfortunately) see a reemergence with the teleport changes.

Ferga

Ionian boots is good on nasus. Disregard soda.

Trick's build aims for 40% cdr asap so you can get 400-500 stacks by 20minutes. From what I've seen and experienced, 100 stacks before 10minutes, lucidity boots+kindle then tp back to lane, then you should be around 250 stacks by 15minutes then reaching 400+ by 20minutes.

To make this build work, you need (AND I EMPHASIS THE NEED) lifesteal and cdr blue runes.

You can watch sirhcez's stream and see it work. He stream every day. And he plays nothing but nasus.

That guide rated Teemo and Vlad lanes as very easy. The champ notes are also outdated (says DShield sucks, get cloth5 instead then recommends shield against many matchups anyways).

No love for trick2g gaf :( I'm sad

Sure he doesn't give the best advice but he's hilarious.

Not really a fan of him because it encourages copycats (that often fail miserably) specially kids. "Maximum disrespect" and all of that.

Am I the only one who totally thought he was black? His voice/accent totally struck me as black but I was surprised he was white.

Teemo is gutted, and Nasus is a sustain based champion who can easily build into early MR. Neither lanes should be very challenging.

And Nasus wasn't? The latest nerfs to Nasus (Shield, passive, mastery, wither range) are more relevant to laning than the recent Teemo nerfs. Nasus can rush Specter while Teemo goes for a guise or rod or codex + something else.

zkylon

zkylewd
you'll prolly still want like a randuins or zhonyas to counter the adc, to get you some health and for the slow

but sure, you can do both

you can also do something like a ga and be hilariously annoying to kill

Tizoc

Thanks for all the info guys, I'll give Nasus another try tonight after playing a little DotA 2.

EDIT: Is Ezreal built AP or AD or both? Most Ezreal's I've seen seem to build AD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom