• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

I see, any reason why his AP abilities aren't worth investing in? Is it because he can benefit from Critical hits?

Leezard

I see, any reason why his AP abilities aren't worth investing in? Is it because he can benefit from Critical hits?

Know that AP Ezreal is a half-legit build, but it's going to be bad compared to other mages.

AD Ezreal is a mobile adc that can deal out damage while being relatively safe, chasing and sniping people down as well as being very difficult to catch by the enemy.

Boken

Banned

AP ez vs AD ez
+ higher ult damage
+ poke damage cant be blocked

- less sustained damage
- E ability can only be used for escape OR damage

capture5yab1.jpg

Violet_0

Banned
how much did they nerf Rumble since he was released? Because, uh, that's how long I haven't played the game. He used to be hilarious back then

Edwardo

how much did they nerf Rumble since he was released? Because, uh, that's how long I haven't played the game. He used to be hilarious back then

http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Rumble/Background

Scroll down to Patch History and it'll show any changes he's gone thru

you'll prolly still want like a randuins or zhonyas to counter the adc, to get you some health and for the slow

but sure, you can do both

you can also do something like a ga and be hilariously annoying to kill

Why zhonyas?? If you're worried about the adc, wouldnt randuins/frozen heart and maybe a thornmail be good?

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Why zhonyas?? If you're worried about the adc, wouldnt randuins/frozen heart and maybe a thornmail be good?
he had to have mispoke about the zhonyas.

but yeah frozen heart is a great item for nasus, worth getting in almost every game.

The Nasus build soda linked looks fine. You could probably take a second look at the runes page now that CDR is becoming a more worthy addition to pages and Lifesteal is getting the stick, but that's the only real ish.

brian!

yo tizoc try to think about what champions do with their kit and what items help you do the things you want to do with that kit

maybe try using the subpar recommended items first and then try experimenting by replacing particular items

i dunno try learning why sum stuff vs wat stuff without knowing why

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
you guys are recommending troll builds people do on smurfs to someone who is still trying to grasp the game. : l
you're doing a terrible job of making your point.

the build is fine and works well enough for anyone who wants to kickstart their stack farming at a point where cdr boots are far and away the most efficient cdr item. despite what you seem to think, Trick's nasus does actually have a positive winratio across his diamond accounts.

it's a bad suggestion purely because someone new isn't at a point where they need to min/max their farming and are being limited by their champions stats rather than their player ability.

ARAM game against AD AA team. Got Mumu.

Sorcerer%27s_Shoes_item.png
Guardian%27s_Horn_item.png
Sunfire_Cape_item.png
Thornmail_item.png
Haunting_Guise_item.png
Randuin%27s_Omen_item.png

hnggghhhh

I love having excuses to go ham against one damage type. Like... Warwick against an AP team. Sorc, Athene, Visage, Abyssal, Wits, BoRK. Bask at the glory of gold efficiency. @_@

My favorite ARAM game ever was Malphite against an all-ADC team.

Just literally doing whatever the fuck I wanted, all the time. Take that, Mundo.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
you're doing a terrible job of making your point.
there is no point to make. in isolated incidences you can build cdr boots on nasus if you have won your lane extremely hard and face no pressure. it's not even part of some standardized build by the people who are being cited in this thread, it's more just something bought to show off to stream viewers. with the items nasus guns for, and the cdr built into his runes/masteries ionian boots are usually going to be a bad pick up.
the build is fine and works well enough for anyone who wants to kickstart their stack farming at a point where cdr boots are far and away the most efficient cdr item. despite what you seem to think, Trick's nasus does actually have a positive winratio across his diamond accounts.
first of all, literally this:
l5Vuygf.jpg

amazing build. amazinger player. praise the cane. :^)

second: you are free to look up cost efficiency on your own time. it's pretty easy if you use the league wiki website. cdr boots are not the most cost effective cdr item by a long shot. stuff like glacial shroud stomps it into the ground.

The main problem with going full CDR early on Nasus is that without combat stats you're likely to get attacked much harder by your opponent (and ganked), which means you're going to be spamming Wither, which along with your faster Q-spamming is likely to run you out of mana.

At which point your CDR is useless, and then you end up backing and blowing Teleport to get into lane before a wave is lost (since your lane is constantly pushed back against you as Nasus), and then the enemy team takes dragon because their laner can easily push the lane up and go join while you're stuck in farm mode.

And then you lose the game because of global objectives, losing your self-confidence and causing your work to suffer. You get fired, and then your wife leaves you because your self-worth goes into the gutter when you can't find a new job. Next thing you know you're living in a van down by the river.

So, probably don't rush Ionian Boots on Nasus.

The whole point of Trick's setup is to stall the game for as long as possible so he can farm for 30 minutes and one shot people 50 minutes in.

Only reason he can do that is because he knows the game well enough to fuck around with people weaker than him, and he still loses a lot.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Yeah, I always figured CDR boots Nasus was just an easy way to get your stacks. More Q equals easier farming.

If you rush cdr boot, you will run out of mana just from cs'ing. Frozen heart/fist is a lot better because they give both mana and cdr, and the defensive stats to win the lane.

Plus you want mercury thread so you won't get kite 24/7.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
there is no point to make. in isolated incidences you can build cdr boots on nasus if you have won your lane extremely hard and face no pressure. it's not even part of some standardized build by the people who are being cited in this thread, it's more just something bought to show off to stream viewers. with the items nasus guns for, and the cdr built into his runes/masteries ionian boots are usually going to be a bad pick up.

first of all, literally this:
l5Vuygf.jpg

amazing build. amazinger player. praise the cane. :^)

second: you are free to look up cost efficiency on your own time. it's pretty easy if you use the league wiki website. cdr boots are not the most cost effective cdr item by a long shot. stuff like glacial shroud stomps it into the ground.
alright im not going to poke your psychosis, but trick has more than one account and boots are the most efficient cdr item because the entire point is to amass cdr early, not to weigh the value of a full item with a host of other stats vs the boots.

if you dont think overcoming nasus's cdr gate on his Q farm is worth, that's fine.

brian!

i traveled the country in a veggie oil van once it was gr8
plus i luv rivers
smelled like french fries
which is a positive or a negative depending on who u are

Tizoc

I'll mess with Amumu somewhat, he's a tank and his moveset seems easy.

Hoping for Varus and Ez in the next swap wanna try these dudes out.

Repgnar

How does the skipping league/division thing work? I'm on a 6 game win streak against a mix of plat and gold as a gold 3. One more game and i'll win my promotion series. Is there a chance I can skip Gold 2 or even go straight into Plat 5?

Moodmon

Neo Member
All stars voting is up now. I probably won't actually vote, as that requires effort. I'm just staggered about the results so far.

Sure, I expect the popular guys to be higher up. I've just looked through the NA ranking though. So far the jungler rankings are as follows:

1) Meteos
2) Odd One
3) Snoopeh
4) Crumbzz
5) Xmithie
6) Nintendude

So they guy who has helped turned CLG into the 'best of the rest' team doesn't even get a mention? The fuck is wrong with these people? I hope that changes, because in no sane Earth is Snoopeh the 3rd best jungler in NA.

#voteDexter

EDIT - Wait, never mind. He apparently isn't eligible for reasons https://twitter.com/lolesports/status/450365388648628224

Tizoc

yo tizoc try to think about what champions do with their kit and what items help you do the things you want to do with that kit

maybe try using the subpar recommended items first and then try experimenting by replacing particular items

i dunno try learning why sum stuff vs wat stuff without knowing why

Will do, though often my questions would be about why a character is built in a certain way and i ask because you guys are far more experienced and want to know your input.

Why does TSM have a Smite team but not a Dota team?????????

You have to remember that, outside of Korea and to a very lesser extent EU, LoL teams generally did not get proper support or interest from the greater e-sports community for years on end. That's why most of the NA LoL organizations like TSM are self-made operations rather than extensions of existing franchises.

It's natural they would be looking more to support teams that remind them of themselves when they were starting out, rather than trying to get into games where the major organizations have already moved in. They'd rather support the guys playing games who don't really have a chance to pull a major sponsorship.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom