• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.
How essential is it for a team to have a Tank and/or a Jungler in a 5-man team?

Tank isn't always necessary depending on comp of the team but a meat shield doesn't hurt if your team is squishy. A jungler is fairly crucial as it gives three people the benefits of getting all the gold and exp of a lane and you have a constant presence on the map. If you don't have one and the other team does, you have the early advantage but they will soon out level and out scale you and you will have 0 dragon/baron/buff control.

Violet_0

Banned
The team composition he listed doesn't preclude also having a tank. (Nidalee is a healer, so "two healers + ADC + Nid + Heimer" still leaves one spot unaccounted for.)

tank isn't really essential (in aram) imo. If you have one or two godlike pokers such as nid or ziggs and they can't heal it's going to be a completely one-sided game. If there's actually a team fight were most of the enemy players have more than half their hp left then having a tank is pretty nice

drawkcaB

That was a cute idea on EG's part, but Nautilus is like 98% useless for turret pushing...

He's not a good pick in competitive play. He's out of the meta and even if jungle tanks return he's still going I take a backseat to lots of other junglers. The S2 meta (of which he wasn't viable by the end anyways) is never come back either. It sucks to say this because I still recently had fun with him but he's flatly weak.

Riot needs to reevaluate him. The concept was a champion with exceptionally strong abilities in return for garbage stats. The abilities have been nerfed to the point that they don't make up for his stats. Either his base stats need to be brought up to par with other tanks or his abilities buffed, particularly on the damage side of things.

I think Nautilus could fit some compositions, but... yeah. They were doing a 4-man(!) tower push in a lane-swap situation, and under those circumstances the list of junglers I'd want less than Nautilus is... nonexistent? I think he might actually be the worst jungler for fast-pushing towers in the entire game.

Dobkeratops

OT Hard Carry
don't you just love when someone is flaming and trashtalking all game and you crush them hard at the end of a 60 minute match?

5n4eeH8.png

(^:

ps: this jungle viktor was performed by professionals. don't try it at home

zkylon

zkylewd
graves is hot pie
mind blown

what are some fun champions to add to my roster?

thinking about

Yasuo
Aatrox
Lissy
Elise
Kha
Rengar
Ahri
Fish
Lux
Jax
Teemo

i have around 90k IP so i can buy several.
well from those i've tried elise, ahri and fizz are super fun. tons of mobility and damage and playmaking

lizzy is kinda boring in lane but the megabaits with self-ult and zhonyas are hilarious. her burst with dfg is also ridiculous, i really like her.

lux is god

haven't made up my mind about yasuu and kha6 yet, imo when everything clicks they're super awesome but on a minute to minute i find them kind of blegh.

You mean, the lack of sound when you die with 400 stacks because your teammates tried to take the kill, and you're not good enough to get it yourself, and you're bad at positioning and judgment calls. :(
I was thinking more about the sound it makes when even though I'm a shitty Draven player I can still execute people with global skillshots :<

Ferga

I hate it when people don't choose an initiator/front line in my solo queue games. It just puts a heavy burden on me to absolutely destroy the other jungler and shut the game down before 20minutes.

It's like some people don't think about team compositions and then complain on why they can't win a single fight after laning phase.

two of my favorites. Both probably not really viable right now

fish really seems fun. i need to try him once.

well from those i've tried elise, ahri and fizz are super fun. tons of mobility and damage and playmaking

haven't made up my mind about yasuu and kha6 yet, imo when everything clicks they're super awesome but on a minute to minute i find them kind of blegh.

i did try kha last week and i thought he's fun but i rarely play jungle and i don't think people play him top?!

Tried Yasou last game and i really didn't like him.

thanks the both of you for the suggestions.

Newt

I hate it when people don't choose an initiator/front line in my solo queue games. It just puts a heavy burden on me to absolutely destroy the other jungler and shut the game down before 20minutes.

It's like some people don't think about team compositions and then complain on why they can't win a single fight after laning phase.
I hate it when people in ranked 5s games choose Yasuo, Wukong and Sivir in one team comp. It's like they want to easily win fights after laning with no effort.

Oh yeah, that's us.

AcridMeat

Banned
what are some fun champions to add to my roster?

thinking about

Yasuo
Aatrox
Lissy
Elise
Kha
Rengar
Ahri
Fish
Lux
Jax
Teemo

i have around 90k IP so i can buy several.
Out of that list, Ahri is my favorite. Her ult is ridiculously useful, charms are awesome, her orb is satisfying.

Fizz is fun for some of the same reasons, I just find him less versatile being a melee. Jax if you want a hyper carry bruiser. His late game pushing is ridiculous.

Oh and get lux. Easy and fun. Pew pew lasers are satisfying to land.

Ferga

I hate it when people in ranked 5s games choose Yasuo, Wukong and Sivir in one team comp. It's like they want to easily win fights after laning with no effort.

Oh yeah, that's us.

Yeah, hate em. Stupid no skill, one button pushers.

Repgnar

Got done with my placement matches today. Was some form of Bronze last season and ended up going 7-3 for my placement matches. I'm now Gold 3 lol.

Bjergsen playing lane soraka on stream. This could work out one of two ways:

1) people start seeing it as legit and stop kicking me from team builder for wanting to play it

2) it gets too popular and riot nerfs.

drawkcaB

Played my first Diana jungle game. Let my team know I wouldn't gank much pre-6, wanted to start red buff because every goddam jungle Kha'Zix (and Lee Sin) at my scrub level wants to counter jungle at red. But today was a special day: the day I decided I was going to be an idiot and not buy items and not notice until 1:35 on the timer. B'ed and bought started blue instead and sure enough got counter jungled at red. Support pinched in and we killed him, went back to red and guess who's there? Kha'Zix got the upper hand this time. We ended sparring for so long we were level 2 at the 5 min mark.

Any rate, things ended up going well. Never got a chance to gank proper but I counterganked like a BAFM and holy shit her counter ganks apply some major pain. Ended up 8/6/15 in win despite the abysmal start. Once she gets going in the jungle (generally around Spectral Wraith+Sorc Shoes+Armguard) she feels like the wrecking ball of old. Super fun jungler. Definitely going to play her some more. Good potential to be the "magic damage" jungler in my pool.

Bjergsen playing lane soraka on stream. This could work out one of two ways:

1) people start seeing it as legit and stop kicking me from team builder for wanting to play it

2) it gets too popular and riot nerfs.

Hai just did it vs. Curse.

Boken

Banned
Will this be before or after the shurima patch?

please i only make predictions that make too much sense to be untrue

imagine how hype it would be to see the new map for the first time in a fancy GoT tie in, where LoL chars act out GoT lines

aw yeah. the nerdchills

saw that Hai played it but didn't watch the game or pay much attention to the result. guess I should look into it.

all I know is bjergsen is getting camped and he's complaining about it like a child. God I hate TSM.

Played my first Diana jungle game. Let my team know I wouldn't gank much pre-6, wanted to start red buff because every goddam jungle Kha'Zix (and Lee Sin) at my scrub level wants to counter jungle at red. But today was a special day: the day I decided I was going to be an idiot and not buy items and not notice until 1:35 on the timer. B'ed and bought started blue instead and sure enough got counter jungled at red. Support pinched in and we killed him, went back to red and guess who's there? Kha'Zix got the upper hand this time. We ended sparring for so long we were level 2 at the 5 min mark.

Any rate, things ended up going well. Never got a chance to gank proper but I counterganked like a BAFM and holy shit her counter ganks apply some major pain. Ended up 8/6/15 in win despite the abysmal start. Once she gets going in the jungle (generally around Spectral Wraith+Sorc Shoes+Armguard) she feels like the wrecking ball of old. Super fun jungler. Definitely going to play her some more. Good potential to be the "magic damage" jungler in my pool.

Hai just did it vs. Curse.

Yeah I love Diana jungle. She is going to be a competitive pick after they finish nerfing the early game junglers I'm calling it now.

Edwardo

please i only make predictions that make too much sense to be untrue

imagine how hype it would be to see the new map for the first time in a fancy GoT tie in, where LoL chars act out GoT lines

aw yeah. the nerdchills

that would be legendary

Ferga

I can't ever see diana being a top tier jungler. She has an unreliable power spike and is completely reliant on actually having items to tank and do damage.

She has no real form of initiation(unless you have zhonyas and that is one expensive item for a jungle), no real way to assassinate carries without being fed and she brings nothing to the table for fighting with and against siege compositions (something that people love to do at the moment)

She has decent clear but that's really nothing now since everyone builds damage to clear quickly.

Jungling is all about the early power spike and bringing advantages to your team. If you don't have a big initiation like wukong/pantheon ult, then you rely on your team to do everything for you after laning.

If you can't reliably gank pre-6 then you are practically going to be useless for your team if a snowball happens. You can't stop or slow it down. At all.

I can't ever see diana being a top tier jungler. She has an unreliable power spike and is completely reliant on actually having items to tank and do damage.

She has no real form of initiation(unless you have zhonyas and that is one expensive item for a jungle), no real way to assassinate carries without being fed and she brings nothing to the table for fighting with and against siege compositions (something that people love to do at the moment)

She has decent clear but that's really nothing now since everyone builds damage to clear quickly.

Jungling is all about the early power spike and bringing advantages to your team. If you don't have a big initiation like wukong/pantheon ult, then you rely on your team to do everything for you after laning.

If you can't reliably gank pre-6 then you are practically going to be useless for your team if a snowball happens. You can't stop or slow it down. At all.

Her Q missed? she is doomed.

zkylon

zkylewd
saw that Hai played it but didn't watch the game or pay much attention to the result. guess I should look into it.

all I know is bjergsen is getting camped and he's complaining about it like a child. God I hate TSM.
well to be fair to tsm bjerg was like that when he was in nip as well

guy whines almost as much as nightblue

who curiously is now on tsm as well lol

well are't nocturne and wukong and olaf kind of like that? like brb afk farming and if the lee sin didn't get like 6 successful ganks it'll be ok!

sure they're a lot better pre-6 than diana but she got her numbers pretty violently nerfed to be fairly compared to anyone (tho she snowballs with the best of 'em)

Is there a champ in the game who is more anti-fun to play against than Katarina?
well according to reddit it's now heimer

to me it's quite the contraire, it's hilarious playing against the donger, laning against him is like playing ikaruga or something

brian!

well to be fair to tsm bjerg was like that when he was in nip as well

guy whines almost as much as nightblue

who curiously is now on tsm as well lol

well are't nocturne and wukong and olaf kind of like that? like brb afk farming and if the lee sin didn't get like 6 successful ganks it'll be ok!

sure they're a lot better pre-6 than diana but she got her numbers pretty violently nerfed to be fairly compared to anyone (tho she snowballs with the best of 'em)

well according to reddit it's now heimer

to me it's quite the contraire, it's hilarious playing against the donger, laning against him is like playing ikaruga or something

noct wu and olaf arent completely useless until 6 + what they get at 6 is better than a dashi
i defenintely dont think the picking up of night blu along w/ bjergesen is coincidental, they are both similarly abrasive

wut a fuggin tragedy that quantic didnt make it, this split could have been amazing
but i have hopes for lmq, I like their approach atm even though their characterization is a lil fucked up

Blizzard

Banned

Oh yeah, that's us.
You should add Zyra support and Cho'gath top for more knockup. Also get Riot to add an ADC with knockup. If there is one I forgot who it is.

Ferga

I wouldn't group nocturne, olaf or wukong as low threat pre-6

Nocturne's free stats off his Q is insane, olaf has perma-slow and wukong's E-auto-Q can take off 3/4 of someone's life

You should add Zyra support and Cho'gath top for more knockup. Also get Riot to add an ADC with knockup. If there is one I forgot who it is.

Tristana's knockback on her ultimate can trigger Yasuo ultimate.

Edit: Actually I'm pretty sure Stand Aside counts, too, which makes Draven even better at triggering it.

drawkcaB

Wukong. A single well timed Taric dazzle can destroy a Katarina.

Yeah, I don't find her a bother. Then again most of my champions have an interrupt of sorts and I play at level where fed Kat's think they're invincible. Wait for them to do Shunpo-Ult like the idiots they are and call it a day.

Ferga said:

I agree with everything you wrote (to differing extents) except this. Her clear is not decent. It's damn good. Really damn good. Hopefully when they get around to her remake/retuning they'll add something to give ~Nocturne, Skarner, etc. levels of pre-6 presence. Something like +flat movespeed when running towards a moonlit target would be nice, because moonfall actually is an excellent ganking tool, but getting in range is an issue.

Still fun to play, just definitely not first pick material and teamcomp dependent.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
The feeling that you carried a game. And realize post game that everyone in the other team is under level 30.

uklitaV.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom