• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
so i just got a challenger in my team that went fiora and finished 8/16/10. our mid was a diamond 1 that trolled our kat in champion select and instalocked lebonk with heal cv and forced her to go adc. enemy lee sin was i think diamond 2? regularly commeting "i'm so wasted" so you know, your outplays didn't count :p

truly the very best

it really hurts that i have sleeping problems so this late is when i get to play.

boko save me

Any tips to countering Fiora?
Armor + AS debuffs if you're a bruiser. Stuff like Randuin's Omen, Frozen Heart, Thornmail.

Zhonya's Hourglass if you're a mage so you can dodge her ult

If you're a ADC just pray that you have enough farm to actually duel her lol

Also Jax completely fucks her up. His E dodges all of her shit.

Leveling up my smurf alt teaching new players. I forgot some of the bad stuff they do. =( It's been ages since I've seen people squabbling over mid. The leave rate for new players is amazing. There's always 1-3 people leaving on the losing side and when I checked their history they have a lot of leaves.

It's nice not seeing Flash though.

Inb4 SKT T1 S throws the series against Prime Optimus so that K goes through.

It happens in Formula One, so it's a legit strategy :p

edit: SKT needs a new lineup:

Impact
Saint Vicious
Faker
Piglet
Tabe

Clearly the way to go.

Hero

this is pretty comprehensive and i agree with most of it: http://www.lolking.net/guides/80014

but basically you generall will want to max r>e>q>w or r>q>e>w (i've done w first a couple times but i'm not a big fan), rush shurelyas and get tanky (randuins/banshees). if you can get away with it, get cdr tanky items like spirit visage, frozen heart or locket. if you feel like your mikaels could do the difference build it early on, but remember you'll be really really squishy.

biggest tips i'd think would be to not always follow up your death sentences because the stun is often enough, to try to be smart about how your ult helps to zone the enemy team and that you can extend the lantern's range through walls by throwing it on those places wards just jump over the wall.

oh right runes/masteries. i run health quints, flat armor reds and yellows and flat mr blues. don't really like any other reds so that works for me. with masteries i run the same i run on most supports, 0-14-16, so i get the extra starting gold and the crit dmg reduction. sometimes i'll go 0 9 21 too

Hooray I won my promo series to silver 3. At least I thought it was to silver 3 but I'm in silver 2 now. The dream of gold solo 5 is alive.

3/2/19 Thresh he's still so damn good.

I got my masteries from a guide, don't remember which one. But it's 9/21. Offense is 4 cooldown, 3 brute force, expose weakness and martial mastery. The 21 in defense is pretty standard.

We absolutely dominated our lane from the start (Cait/Thresh vs Lulu/Lucian) because the 9 in offense let's you bully people like no other. Add in an early hook and you establish the lane really early and can roll from there.

Cool thanks for the info. So far so good, just wanted to see if what I thought was good was actually what people do with him in practice.

its like, guys he's been like this for months

the turret health buff helped his turrets not get one shot so now he's actually a little viable, riot please nerf

Leezard

Heimer is a pain in the top lane mostly, due to the type of champions he's often up against, much like Ryze. Just put Nunu against him. Nerfs though? Reddit gonna reddit i guess.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
i just played heimer top for the first time ever, with 400 ping in ranked.
i won.

i put down my ult turret and hourglassed and won every fight.
maybe some nerfs arent out of the question.

6th item on Nidalee, what build? I had Sorc, Deathcap, Athene, Void. I bought Zhonya as 5th just in case, even though I never got to use it. I went with DFG for AP and CDR. #fednidaleeproblems

Heimer is a pain to play against as a jungler, since he's basically ungankable right now. If the Heimer is good and he puts his turrets in a proper formation, trying to go near him as a melee champion is pretty much instant death.

He's very manageable in laning phase though. Stuff that outrange him will do pretty well, specially if he keeps turrets pushed. But yeah don't even bother ganking.

He's already getting nerfed next patch so whatever.

drawkcaB

Heimer is a pain to play against as a jungler, since he's basically ungankable right now. If the Heimer is good and he puts his turrets in a proper formation, trying to go near him as a melee champion is pretty much instant death.

He's very manageable in laning phase though. Stuff that outrange him will do pretty well, specially if he keeps turrets pushed. But yeah don't even bother ganking.

He's already getting nerfed next patch so whatever.

Yeah, it's a real pain to gank him. I had the pleasure of jungling vs. him several times. There's a few problems with him. His "best case" damage is ridiculously high and not particularly hard to achieve when ganked. Also, destroying a turret doesn't feel like there's enough counter play at the moment. I think reducing the turret's FoV to ~240 degrees and making it so the cast time for each successive turret in play is higher so killing turret number 2-3 leaves heimer more vulnerable. Riot will ony hit his numbers though most likely, which is unfortunate.

Tizoc

Armor + AS debuffs if you're a bruiser. Stuff like Randuin's Omen, Frozen Heart, Thornmail.

Zhonya's Hourglass if you're a mage so you can dodge her ult

If you're a ADC just pray that you have enough farm to actually duel her lol

Also Jax completely fucks her up. His E dodges all of her shit.

Thanks, that sounds pretty reasonable, so a combo of Randuin+Thorn would work.

One thing though, Thornmail only counters basic attacks, in Fiora's case do her Ulti and certain abilities count as Basic attacks too?

Violet_0

Banned
I'm always amazed by the number of people that don't understand 80% of aram games are won at the champion selection

"y my team suks?"

maybe because they have a nid, heimer, two healers, strong poke and a ranged adc

wow bran/hodor nunu is genius

dany's whiny brother seems like a natural ezreal too

I'm thinking Ezreal would be Loras Tyrell, the Knight of Flowers. (Lux would be his sister.)

Draven-Jaime plz.

Also Swain would have to be Thorne because of reasons. Qyburn Sion and Darius Clegane for bonus points.

what are some fun champions to add to my roster?

thinking about

Yasuo
Aatrox
Lissy
Elise
Kha
Rengar
Ahri
Fish
Lux
Jax
Teemo

i have around 90k IP so i can buy several.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom