• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT7| She Ezreal To Me, Dammit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
went 4 7 6 got camped to hell and back couldn't hit a snare for the life of me

serious i still don't get why your ranked elo isn't used in normals

Newt

went 4 7 6 got camped to hell and back

serious i still don't get why your ranked elo isn't used in normals
I just wanna have fun, but people are mean.
2cb31f2dc423d87e8f171c06f8fd785f.png

e9df0e6e9c7a885347a5e0b6d578d2a3.png

zkylon

zkylewd
btw first game matched us with a bronze 1 and a bunch of silvers

game 3 still 2 challengers and a diamond 1

yeaaaaaaaaaaa

zkylon

zkylewd
just had like the worst couple of matches but early findings say that

lux is still shit

sona is still shit

graves is still shit

but u know, matchmaking was fucking busted today and i'm salty so whatever

Type2

Typical gold Vayne mentality. Tumble forward, wonder why you lost half your health.

Edit: Bonus Wasabi

Sometimes it's fun to do really dumb shit#team builder.

Hecarim feels pretty good right now after his first back. Idk if I am imagining an improvement since it's only the first clear that was shitty before ( still is). I'm also running one armor quint and two move speed to ease the pain.
Ready to bring the pony back to primetime!

23qwerty

Sometimes it's fun to do really dumb shit#team builder.

Hecarim feels pretty good right now after his first back. Idk if I am imagining an improvement since it's only the first clear that was shitty before ( still is). I'm also running one armor quint and two move speed to ease the pain.
Ready to bring the pony back to primetime!

I've actually mained Hecarim for pretty much a year (with a 67% win rate in ranked this season), haven't managed to get a game in since the patch but I can't imagine it'll be anything but better!

Type2

i don't think it's worth running movespeed quints on hec.
I could very well test armor pen or flat ad and see if I like the gameplay feel. You should be able to reposition for an e knockback just off the skills boost and hopefully do all the troll trotting through the enemy jungle after you dive a tower without them.
His q is kind of bugged and doesn't cleave some camps even when I am smack in the middle of them.
I've actually mained Hecarim for pretty much a year (with a 67% win rate in ranked this season), haven't managed to get a game in since the patch but I can't imagine it'll be anything but better!
I had a great win rate with him last season but I didn't play many ranked games with him.

Edit 2: some quick math on my phone shows at 25% movement speed bonus on his passive the quints start outscaling ad. You lose about 2 ad in the early stages and I'm not sure about activating e/ghost. I'm going to get some sleep and math this out tomorrow.
Regardless of the results the page I run will ultimately depend on how he feels on my hands to determine the proper set up.

zkylon

zkylewd
So Teambuilder just got updated in LAN. And my friends and me wanted to get the summoner icons...

rito pls

yea it's totally busted

i played against diamond 1s and challengers on my games too

so basically either this was their fix which means i'll never play teambuilder again or it's super borked lol

Leezard

Teambuilder always had its own mmr. I've been matched with bronze-gold people the few times I've played Teambuilder. It's cool for trying new champs, I guess, but the games will be low quality in general.

zkylon

zkylewd
i get it for arams but different mmr for normals/teambuilder is pretty idiotic. it's the same fucking game.

it should always use your highest mmr

this might not be an issue in na or eu but in lower population servers it makes normal games often be completely random. and it's not like we have to wait 10 minutes to get a normal game, you roll some blind pick and it's a minute and a half or two tops. bump it up to 3 minutes and stop matching like shit

seriously so fucking frustrating

Teambuilder always had its own mmr. I've been matched with bronze-gold people the few times I've played Teambuilder. It's cool for trying new champs, I guess, but the games will be low quality in general.
this is the key thing

i get it that normals are not for tryharding but is decent games too much to ask?

i don't want to stomp or get stomped by people of a completely different elo than me, that's all i'm asking. shitty matchmaking is not fun for anyone

Leezard

Oh, you got the problem in normals / blind pick as well? Match making is fine there for me (euw), bar some extreme cases where we are in queue for 15 minutes and then get matched with level 24 people (smurfs obviously, but still). I think it's fine to have different mmr for regular normals so you can pick new picks a bit more easily, but teambuilder is just too random to be fun. If it used normals mmr it would probably be much better.

zkylon

zkylewd
it's not as extreme as this last teambuilder run but matchmaking can be very stupid when it wants (and it often does)

that's why i basically just don't ever play normals anymore and i just only play when my friends are around so we can do ranked 5s. ranked 5s also got their issues in that teams are sometimes a diamond 1 just carrying a bunch of gold 5s or something but it's overall much better (specially since we can permaban lee sin :p). i still think they should enforce the same shit than in duo queue but that's another issue.

i really don't get why normals has to have different mmr, everyone treats normals as lesser games, if laid back diamond plays against laid back gold, laid back diamond will still win. it just makes no sense outside of just wanting to make queue times mega short, which at least in my opinion isn't worth it (i'd always rather wait 2 more minutes and get a fair matchup)

if teambuilder isn't completely busted and on the way of a fix then i can't believe rito actually thought this was ok

Sofo

What I don't understand is why people who plays "Normal" don't take them seriously? Even now leveling you have quite a difference between people that want to do well and people who are just trolling "for giggles h3h3h3h3". ?

I'd like to think that once I get 30, people will take Normals more seriously? o.o I don't wanna do rankeds yet (I am not up there in quality!) but I'd like to still have decent games.

Also, played with my young nephews (11 and 12). :( So much to ask for wards, when we were actually gonna win. ._. We do Baron, and finish it. Amumu pops, ultimate, Oriana ultimate, all dead. ._______.

Was my first serious game with Tristana too!

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I don't really know what support I should pick into Morgana. I can pick a tanky inititator but she seems equipped to deal with that pretty easily, but it doesn't really seem like running a laner with heavy harass is great either.

Nekofrog

Banned
well despite it being the worst idea on the fucking planet panda picked taric into morg. we won. also promos to gold 2 yay. also more wins than losses again in ranked yay. miss the days when i had like 20 more wins that losses.

I don't really know what support I should pick into Morgana. I can pick a tanky inititator but she seems equipped to deal with that pretty easily, but it doesn't really seem like running a laner with heavy harass is great either.
You need stuff that can blow up her shield. Try Karma

Leezard

Laners with heavy harass work great. Zyra and Nami are both solid picks into morgana. Thresh with the anti morgana build works as well.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
unless morg is on the other team.
zyra dont scare, she pops that shield like a soapbubble.

well despite it being the worst idea on the fucking planet panda picked taric into morg. we won. also promos to gold 2 yay. also more wins than losses again in ranked yay. miss the days when i had like 20 more wins that losses.
its the reverse meta.

picks so rare nobody can prepare.

Leezard

it's not as extreme as this last teambuilder run but matchmaking can be very stupid when it wants (and it often does)

that's why i basically just don't ever play normals anymore and i just only play when my friends are around so we can do ranked 5s. ranked 5s also got their issues in that teams are sometimes a diamond 1 just carrying a bunch of gold 5s or something but it's overall much better (specially since we can permaban lee sin :p). i still think they should enforce the same shit than in duo queue but that's another issue.

i really don't get why normals has to have different mmr, everyone treats normals as lesser games, if laid back diamond plays against laid back gold, laid back diamond will still win. it just makes no sense outside of just wanting to make queue times mega short, which at least in my opinion isn't worth it (i'd always rather wait 2 more minutes and get a fair matchup)

if teambuilder isn't completely busted and on the way of a fix then i can't believe rito actually thought this was ok
Yeah, for short queue times out should be fine, but I'd rather face plats than have 5 min extra queue times, considering my normal queue times are quite long. I never get matched against gold unless they are premade with higher ranked people though.
What I don't understand is why people who plays "Normal" don't take them seriously? Even now leveling you have quite a difference between people that want to do well and people who are just trolling "for giggles h3h3h3h3". ?

I'd like to think that once I get 30, people will take Normals more seriously? o.o I don't wanna do rankeds yet (I am not up there in quality!) but I'd like to still have decent games.

Also, played with my young nephews (11 and 12). :( So much to ask for wards, when we were actually gonna win. ._. We do Baron, and finish it. Amumu pops, ultimate, Oriana ultimate, all dead. ._______.

Personally, I'm always serious in normals. I do play champs I don't usually play in ranked or practice new roles though.

Tizoc

My friend gave me a rather interesting tidbit:
If Zilean puts a time bomb on Twitch, then Twitch stealths...well Twitch becomes an invisible Time Bomb. Supposedly, when Stealthed the bomb timer doesn't show up.

My friend gave me a rather interesting tidbit:
If Zilean puts a time bomb on Twitch, then Twitch stealths...well Twitch becomes an invisible Time Bomb. Supposedly, when Stealthed the bomb timer doesn't show up.
You mean stealth bomber?

This is probably something that will get popular if Zilean gets more popular. SKT T1 was doing a comp like this - with Lulu on top of it - last week in OGN.

Nekofrog

Banned

i use normals to spam what people consider "troll" picks or "unviable" champions.

give me your urgots, your poppys, your gangplanks, your nunus, your zileans (well, until recently... now zilean is considered "viable")

i still play to win and I know most of those champs very well and tend to do well, but normals are where i go to play stuff people dont like you to play

I play normals for fun. Playing seriously and trying to win is part of said fun, but I'll still pick stupid stuff and not mind people doing the same.

people who want to surrender from 10 minutes into the game when you're either ahead or not behind much are the worst

defeatist fucks. Play the game properly, stop moaning and let the winning Tristana lane carry your shitty ass.

Edwardo

I play normals for fun. Playing seriously and trying to win is part of said fun, but I'll still pick stupid stuff and not mind people doing the same.

Exactly. Maybe i'll try out a different strategy or something, but i'm still going to give it the same effort that I would in a ranked game.

Opiate

I absolutely hate when I'm solo bot lane as Nunu and someone else feels they absolutely must come repeatedly gank my lane, leaving top 4v3. Nunu's strength is being left alone and forcing a 2v1.

jdouglas

How are these runes for an ADC (mainly Tristana and Kog'maw (not that I don't play others, they just seem the strongest right now))

9x AD marks
4x flat health seals
3x flat armor seals
2x scaling armor seals
5x flat mr glyph
4x scaling mr glyph
2x AS quints
1x AD quint

My reasoning is that Trist and Kog are both pretty tanky (for ADCs) early on, so the scaling runes will help out later (the scaling armor will outscale the flat armor by level 6, with MR at level 9, so there's more flat MR than scaling) while having some health and flat armor and MR for insurance in the early game.

I really don't recommend scaling MR blues. MR for ADCs only really matters early on when supports can deal a fuckton of damage to you, plus with stuff like Trist and Kog being top tier you'll really want as much MR as you can get at level 1~4

Everything else looks peachy though.

jdouglas

I really don't recommend scaling MR blues. MR for ADCs only really matters early on when supports can deal a fuckton of damage to you, plus with stuff like Trist and Kog being top tier you'll really want as much MR as you can get at level 1~4

Everything else looks peachy though.

Dat's true. I changed them. Looking at MR blues, they seem pretty strong anyway.

pigeon

Banned
Most frustrating game I've ever had.

I win my lane top (admittedly not by a lot) as Nasus and by 20 minutes I've got my stacks and a lot of tank.

In the same time period bot lane goes 2/9.

Oh, did I mention that their ADC never connected? That was 2/9 versus a solo Braum. Our Twitch ended the game 0/13/4.

One of those games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom