• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT7| She Ezreal To Me, Dammit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Some people are really mad even when they win. I find it amusing.
SYkeJXn.jpg

Nekofrog

Banned
no but like real talk

is there any single champion in the game that can do as much damage as zyra can when she only has like 1 real offensive item (not counting frost queen)?

Nekofrog

Banned

that's a good one, but requires too many "only if"s in the scenario. only if they're already on fire (for ult), only if you combo'd it correct for the extra damage.

zyra just seems like "oh hey 5 dudes chilling close to each other, PRESS RRRRRRRRRRRRR"

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Buffing other spells to the level of Flash would result in endless QQ.

Haly

That was my other thought, "No way are these skills even as close to as good as Flash, maybe this guy doesn't understand why Flash is good in the first place???"

brian!

he's talking about taking flash out u nincompoops and rebalancing for the new spells for a theoretical season revamp which riot does every season

oh nm that's not what he's talking about

he's talking about taking flash out u nincompoops and rebalancing for the new spells for a theoretical season revamp which riot does every season

he's not though

he wants other spells to be as good as flash so it's not a default choice

taking flash out of the game would be an awful idea

brian!

whered u hear that
reddit is basically the only place i go, i can see a funny video and also sometimes pro players thro shade at each other

Haly

Frankly, if I were to even consider rebalancing non-Flash summoner spells, I'd create "overpowered" versions of all of them first, and then tone down from there.

Barrier: Grant target damage immunity for 1.5s
Heal: Heal for X + Y% of their Max Health to all nearby allies. Y starts at 25% and is reduced by 5% for each target in addition to yourself.
Ghost: Unitwalking, +20% MS, +40% AS, +30% uncapped CDR for 7s
Cleanse: Remove all CC and grant CC immunity for 2.5s
Teleport: 2 seconds channel time, 180 second CD
Exhaust: Stun for 2s, short range skillshot, bypasses non-Champion units
Ignite: Instantaneous damage + vision for 5s
Smite: Quadruple gold for Smite kills
Clarity: Refresh all non-Ult spells
Revive: 300s CD

Flash is always good. Whether on offense or defense, at the start of a fight or at the end, whether teammates are alive or dead, Flash never stops being useful. Therefore, any narrower Summoner spell, to even have a chance of being "better" than Flash, must be so good that you're willing to trade Flash's versatility for it. They need to be overpowered in their niche, which none of the current spells are. They're all just plain weaker than Flash, regardless of mitigating circumstances.

pigeon

Banned
There's a pretty good argument that if Flash is the right choice in every situation (or even the right choice in 99% of situations) then you shouldn't have the option to choose something else. Either give everybody Flash and one more summoner or give everybody Flash and two more summoners

That said, Riot tends to give players as many opportunities as possible to make choices so that they can demonstrate knowledge. I'm just not sure that this is actually interesting knowledge. The situations where you might want to level abilities in an unusual way or buy an item that's not obviously useful for your champ are a lot more common than the situations where another summoner spell is a better choice than Flash.

Haly

Probably still wouldn't be used lol

Probably, but current Clarity shouldn't exist for close to the same reasons Wit's End was changed. Too many manaless champs makes a narrow mechanic even narrower and more onesided.

Subtle

I don't think other summoners are that far from being as good as flash. However, I dunno if that'd be good for the game. I wouldn't want to deal with exhaust being a stun, or complete cc immunity from cleanse

Edit: what if they split the summoners into defensive and offensive summoners? And limited your choice to one so you couldn't have ADCs taking flash and heal and things like that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom