• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT7| She Ezreal To Me, Dammit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edwardo

h9nsILe.png

Son of a

garath

How are these runes for an ADC (mainly Tristana and Kog'maw (not that I don't play others, they just seem the strongest right now))

9x AD marks
4x flat health seals
3x flat armor seals
2x scaling armor seals
5x flat mr glyph
4x scaling mr glyph
2x AS quints
1x AD quint

My reasoning is that Trist and Kog are both pretty tanky (for ADCs) early on, so the scaling runes will help out later (the scaling armor will outscale the flat armor by level 6, with MR at level 9, so there's more flat MR than scaling) while having some health and flat armor and MR for insurance in the early game.

I wouldn't use any scaling runes botlane. You need all the early advantage you can get. The lane is often decided by the first kill and that can happen as early as level 2. The extra couple armor you get from scaling later has far less of an impact as people get items. Runes in general are for the early game. I would use the flat armor seals and flat MR glyphs. Other than that, looks pretty good.

What rune page did you run? The one armor quint felt like it made things smoother.

I just grabbed a quick one off pro builds that's more than likely terrible.

was like 3 as reds, 6 armour pen reds, MR blues, armour yellows, 2 MS quints and one AD quint

my first clear was nasty, so perhaps an armour quint will help that

Type2

I just grabbed a quick one off pro builds that's more than likely terrible.

was like 3 as reds, 6 armour pen reds, MR blues, armour yellows, 2 MS quints and one AD quint

my first clear was nasty, so perhaps an armour quint will help that
I tried both blue and red start and had a smooth clear running 2 move quints,1 armor quint with an even mix of scaling/rev armor yellows, ad reds and a mix of scaling/norm Mr blues.
The spirit stone back is a thing of beauty.
Karma isn't cool. I forgot I was supposed to learn Zyra.
Sona,zyra, karma are probably the strongest against her. Nami,thresh and Leona can be used as well.
Karma is also quite cool.

I tried both blue and red start and had a smooth clear running 2 move quints,1 armor quint with an even mix of scaling/rev armor yellows, ad reds and a mix of scaling/norm Mr blues.
The spirit stone back is a thing of beauty.

Yeah. I started red on blue side so I ran out of mana pretty quickly. Did an initial clear and backed with 750 gold, so got spirit stone, boots and a pot.

I also took every blue, although even when I didn't have it I didn't feel my mana issues were too bad.

it's hard to get a read on his power level since I got a kill early and just snowballed it really hard, which Hec has always been good for, but I felt he was definitely better.

And the nerfs to other junglers could see him being a decent pick again.

I would like to see them reduce the cooldown on his E though. 20 seconds at level 1 is still too long.

oh it's finally on the match history website

Type2

Yeah. I started red on blue side so I ran out of mana pretty quickly. Did an initial clear and backed with 750 gold, so got spirit stone, boots and a pot.

I also took every blue, although even when I didn't have it I didn't feel my mana issues were too bad.

it's hard to get a read on his power level since I got a kill early and just snowballed it really hard, which Hec has always been good for, but I felt he was definitely better.

And the nerfs to other junglers could see him being a decent pick again.

I would like to see them reduce the cooldown on his E though. 20 seconds at level 1 is still too long.

oh it's finally on the match history website
Starting red i gaf two pots after blue and was able to farm camps until à counter gank opportunity appeared mid. I absolutely love counter jungling and diving towers with heca. I'll play him in ranked today.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Man. The pony might just be back. Maybe. MAYBE. It's only one game, but I felt strong as fuck. Well, after I had gone back post-first clear.
The problem with Hecarim is that he's vastly inferior to Skarner in terms of mobility, crowd control, damage, and utility. They both fill such a similar role in game that there's no real reason to pick Hecarim. It doesn't help that the meta is against Hecarim with key items for him being fairly weak, and the popularity of champions that do well against him being very high. Also, just build Triforce if you're ahead, jeez.

Sofo

Kinda late to reply but yeah, I don't mind "troll/unconventional" picks for certain roles, just as long as people put an effort into winning. Just trolling for the hell of it is just a waste of time for the other 4/9 people there imo. Of course I have fun with the game itself but part of what fuels that fun is to strive to win!

The problem with Hecarim is that he's vastly inferior to Skarner in terms of mobility, crowd control, damage, and utility. They both fill such a similar role in game that there's no real reason to pick Hecarim. It doesn't help that the meta is against Hecarim with key items for him being fairly weak, and the popularity of champions that do well against him being very high. Also, just build Triforce if you're ahead, jeez.

I don't necessarily agree with all of that. Since the recent Skarner nerfs, Hecarim does more damage than Skarner and their ults serve completely different purposes. Hecarim jumps in to split up the team/drive them in a particular direction whereas Skarner wants to go in and pick one person out.

As for itemization, Elder Lizard is still the best jungle item for the majority of junglers, Banshee's getting nerfed will probably see more tanky/sustainy fighters picking up Visage, Swiftness boots are great and Gauntlet can be swapped out with Trinity Force depending on the situation.

And I had more than enough damage to beat anyone I wanted, so I went for the gauntlet for the slow and the armour, especially since I mainly wanted magic resist it was a nice source of armour. Was over the CDR cap, but meh.

dimb

I don't necessarily agree with all of that. Since the recent Skarner nerfs, Hecarim does more damage than Skarner and their ults serve completely different purposes. Hecarim jumps in to split up the team/drive them in a particular direction whereas Skarner wants to go in and pick one person out.
Not to say they're completely identical, but when the goal is AOE damage and speed they both kind of do the same thing, except Skarner is markedly faster and safer. Hec's ult isn't really very strong as an AOE initiation tool when the lockdown afterwards is so weak, so in a way its best use is isolating targets or diving a single person, although it's not really reliable at either.

If you want an AOE skrimisher I can't really think of a scenario where Hecarim is better than Skarner, and if you want a high impact initiator then Hecarim really flops there compared to other jungle picks.
As for itemization, Elder Lizard is still the best jungle item for the majority of junglers, Banshee's getting nerfed will probably see more tanky/sustainy fighters picking up Visage, Swiftness boots are great and Gauntlet can be swapped out with Trinity Force depending on the situation.
Elder Lizard really works best when coupled with at least one more damage focused item. I don't feel like there's much available to Hecarim when it comes to building damage that fits perfectly. Triforce is an option but stuff like the crit and attack speed aren't what he's looking for at all.

Even SotEL isn't really ideal for Hecarim, and he doesn't put it to use as well other junglers like Vi, J4, Eve, Wukong, etc. It's not a coincidence that Hecarims completing SotEL have poor win rates while most other junglers see big boosts off of it. Even with the nerfs to Veil I still think it's a better pick up on most jungling champions. Hecarim's potential build paths all just feel less than ideal to me right now.

I don't think Hecarim is going to be a top pick or anything, and Skarner is probably a better champion right now for most scenarios (although yeah, they're not exactly the same)

While I really enjoy Skarner, and always have, I've always preferred playing Hecarim and I'm just glad that he's a better pick now than he was. He could be a good solo queue pick again.

It's been a long time since I felt he was worth picking at all, and I do feel he is worth picking now even if he's not optimal.

But I have to play more. He could still be trash and I got lucky, but I do feel he was noticeably better than before and will be better with the nerfs to other champions.

dimb

The biggest hangup I still have about playing Hecarim is that he's incapable as a duelist, which is kind of just a no go in the jungle because it really limits your options.

Oh yeah, that 6 extra AD from the 5% AD -> MS buff and that 0/2/4/6/8 less mana per Q really put him through the roof.

the 8 mana per Q late game can help a lot, especially if you're not grabbing all the blues. Pre patch his mana issues late were crippling, but they're at least more manageable now.

the passive buff is whatever, but every little helps.

zkylon

zkylewd
Yeah, for short queue times out should be fine, but I'd rather face plats than have 5 min extra queue times, considering my normal queue times are quite long. I never get matched against gold unless they are premade with higher ranked people though.
i usually get the other way, a challenger duoing with silvers or whatever so it's pretty uneven overall.

i don't mind silvers duoing by challengers in normals but i think mmr should be based on highest player so if they want to shit on the matchmaking system that's their choice but the only game they're gonna ruin is theirs, not mine

i don't mind running into low diamond people but i know i can't play against diamond 1/challenger.

stop matching me with diamond 1/challenger :/

(for the record me and my friends are all between gold 3 and plat 2)

Personally, I'm always serious in normals. I do play champs I don't usually play in ranked or practice new roles though.
i use normals to spam what people consider "troll" picks or "unviable" champions.

give me your urgots, your poppys, your gangplanks, your nunus, your zileans (well, until recently... now zilean is considered "viable")

i still play to win and I know most of those champs very well and tend to do well, but normals are where i go to play stuff people dont like you to play
i don't mind this if ppl play to win

i've become pretty frustrated with diamond ppl just instalocking blitz and running around missing hooks and saying "zz" in all chat while we're just trying to group and win the damned thing

like i'll always prefer playing with plats than diamonds, seems like diamonds have a tendency for trolling and if you say anything they'll just flame you

Tizoc

Why are supports so aggressive? Most games I play on Ranked has the support being all gung ho during lanning or in team fights.
THis recent match we would've won if our Alistar hadn't throttled the enemies at mid when they were gathered there.

Why are supports so aggressive? Most games I play on Ranked has the support being all gung ho during lanning or in team fights.
THis recent match we would've won if our Alistar hadn't throttled the enemies at mid when they were gathered there.

Thats the current nature of supports right now, be offensive or doing nothing.

Leezard

i've become pretty frustrated with diamond ppl just instalocking blitz and running around missing hooks and saying "zz" in all chat while we're just trying to group and win the damned thing

like i'll always prefer playing with plats than diamonds, seems like diamonds have a tendency for trolling and if you say anything they'll just flame you
Yeah, some people (quite many) start to think they are hot shit once they reach diamond, but they are not good enough to win with troll picks. It's fun to stomp guys like that. It's frustrating to have on your own team though, a serious plat player is indeed better to play with than one of those low diamonds with an ego, because they are probably not much better players than plat players anyway (if dia 5/4).

Newt

Yeah, some people (quite many) start to think they are hot shit once they reach diamond, but they are not good enough to win with troll picks. It's fun to stomp guys like that. It's frustrating to have on your own team though, a serious plat player is indeed better to play with than one of those low diamonds with an ego, because they are probably not much better players than plat players anyway (if dia 5/4).
That feel when your regular picks are considered troll picks -_-.

I dunno, I almost always play aggressive when I play support. Unless if I know that my pokemon(the adc) is not strong enough to commit in a hard engage.

This website is cool. Nice stats and the minimap feature is kind of cool.

zkylon

zkylewd
yeah i mean i've played with tons of decent diamond players but overall that's the impression i get from them

i know a couple diamonds myself (d1s even) that i always decline invites from cos even if they'll hard carry me are just fucking idiots.

and like a lot of these diamonds will just like go 0 5 2 in lane and then end up 15 5 3 when they start tryharding but this is not fun for me

i don't like being a secondary character and this is not a singleplayer game.

i really wish there was a blacklist system for matchmaking

not saying blitz is a troll pick (tho he's pretty trash), but HURR DURR I MISSED AGAIN LOLOL gets kind of annoying

Leezard

Tough times, but hopefully that means your opponents underestimate you as well. Personally, I don't judge the pick until someone performs badly on it. It's not a troll pick if you are good enough to play it with success, in my opinion.
yeah i mean i've played with tons of decent diamond players but overall that's the impression i get from them

i know a couple diamonds myself (d1s even) that i always decline invites from cos even if they'll hard carry me are just fucking idiots.

and like a lot of these diamonds will just like go 0 5 2 in lane and then end up 15 5 3 when they start tryharding but this is not fun for me

i don't like being a secondary character and this is not a singleplayer game.

i really wish there was a blacklist system for matchmaking
blacklist system would wreck challenger queue times, blacklist all good opponents and gg

zkylon

zkylewd
could be maybe limited to 20 ppl or whatever?

dunno if it'd change what troubles me so yea, you're right, probably not the best idea

i think it's better on servers that have normals draft pick cos people take those more seriously and you can just see what people is gonna play and dodge if you don't feel like getting trolled.

blind pick however it's pretty eh

tbh i should learn not to get upset about this shit

Ocho

Yes, you should. It's good to play against better people, that's how you learn. I wish I could play against D1s/Challengers in NA.

zkylon

zkylewd
you don't really get better when one or more of these are true

a) you're trolled/flamed
b) challenger duo camps you all game (happens every time, if it's not me it'll be someone else that'll be 2v1ing for all fucking laning phase)
c) skill disparity is so big that you get stomped/stomp
d) motivations are very different (half your team is goofing around, half your team is tryharding)
e) you're not having fun
f) you're getting screwed by matchmaking

it's just not constructive because it's a terrible environment to learn which is why normal blind pick in general is terrible.

now i don't ever rage or flame but i do get very upset when i get stomped specially if i'm playing some of my favorite champions like lux, which is pretty depressing and i should work on that, but i don't take anything from these games because there isn't anything to take

now that one time i was playing ranked 5s and we got placed against an all diamond team in placements and they just shat on us that was fine, they didn't flame or anything and just beat us totes fair, no fucking around, kudos to them. that i respect and matchmaking was still placing us so it's perfectly ok.

so yea, i gotta really work on having the mentality that normal games are shit games that i shouldn't give a fuck about

Nopren

Fuck yeah, they have enabled Team Builder for us low level (I'm lvl 18). And what a better way to convince me to use it, than a match where noone went mid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom