• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT7| She Ezreal To Me, Dammit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ALN1031

Hooly crap. This drama just got out of control. LMQ's coach PtotheD just resigned and posted this statement on reddit:

"I am making this post in the hope that you can help the LMQ players. I want you to understand that when I officially post this message, I am on my way back home to SF, and have resigned my coach position at Team LMQ. Some may think I am crazy for leaving a team that may be attending the S4 Worlds this year, but to me, this current LMQ team is no longer the original team that I was once passionate about. Since I’m not bound to any contracts, I can come out and speak my thoughts. I can’t say that I know everything, but I will tell you what I can.

As regard to the team post–the following are the original posts: original 1 original 2 original 3
I want to stress that the players wanted to remain neutral. This was the original post NoName wanted to send, but when Alex saw this, he intercepted it and called the Luyu PR firm. What bothered me the most was that we canceled the second part of our CLG scrims to work on this PR campaign.

As regard to XWX’s Tweet – There was about 10k witnesses who watched it on stream, but at the time NoName asked “你为什么要发”(why did you send it?), to which XWX responded “我又不知道,我又没看,顾翔叫我做的” (I didn’t know, I didn’t look at it, “Gu Xiang” (Alex’s Chinese name) told me to do it), and afterwards NoName said “你为什么不删掉那一条twitter? 这样不就代表我们的立场?你忘记V姐是怎么对我们的了?你忘记怎么对我们的好了?” (Why didn’t you delete that twitter? This is going to mark our stance. Are you forgetting how “V Jie” (Sharon) treated us? You already forgot the good?), and shortly afterwards the tweet was deleted.

As regard to the current state of LMQ - To me what matters the most is the performances of the players and the recent events have been significantly impacting our performances. We lost 8 out of our 8 scrims on Monday. And on Tuesday we decided to postpone scrims for a PR statement. As I am typing up this message, my eyes are filled with tears because we worked so hard together as a team and just when we were about to cross the finish line as the #1 team in NA, we were crippled. As the coach, my number one priority has always been the team’s gameplay performance, and knowing the current state of the players, I can tell you that the current LMQ is not the same one you have grown to know 10 days ago. I feel that the most uncomfortable part of the player’s environment is the invasions of privacies. It is far from an ideal practice environment. The player’s current state and performances are well reflected in previous LCS match on Sunday against Cloud9.

As regard to management – My focus has been on the team’s gameplay and I was never involved much with management. From what I know, right now I’ve been told that Alex Gu is the owner of Luyu Esports LLC. Since last Saturday, the LMQ gaming house shelters the LMQ players, me, Alex Gu, and Junhua Dai (戴俊华). Dai told me that he was the new manager of LMQ. More importantly, the beginning of the end for Team LMQ happened in late June when I met what I have been told as the “new boss” of Team LMQ, Jincheng Yao (姚金成). When the Luyu staff is around Yao, it is very clear that he is the superior. After our loss to DIG on June 28th, I was verbally assaulted by Yao and ended up quitting the team that day. It was to my knowledge that the same happened to Sharon on June 29th. I booked a flight back to SF on June 30th, but canceled it because I was told that the oppressive situation was resolved and I should go back to protect the players. Afterwards, the team and I were informed about the dispute, but were told to focus on practice and not worry about it. We weren’t affected by the dispute and it was reflected through our dominant performances from LCS Week 7 to Week 9. After last Friday’s incident, the team wasn’t quite the same team anymore going into Week 10

My Final Words - Ultimately the reason I can no longer be with the current Team LMQ is because the team is no longer the team that I once knew, and I cannot support the public attacks on Sharon. If you don’t know Sharon or have been part of Team LMQ, then you have no idea the things she did for the team. For those who care for the players, please help me protect them. To the players, all I want to say to you is : LMQ . No matter what happens, please don't forget the original intention, my dear all.
*I want to thank my friend Andy Huang for editing the grammar of this. My grammar is really bad."

Original post: http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/2c6gja/lmq_ptothed_my_farewell_we_were_once_a_team/

Dec

Continue from last post:

Wife has never played anything but private games with me and her brother and logged on after months of not playing with a 5 game chat limit thing. Emailed support and got a copy pasted reply saying:

"There has been a high volume of post-game reports against you relative to the number of games you've played. We have investigated your account and found higher than average levels of toxicity as a result of your actions in the matches you play."

What? She has literally never played with anyone not family, she only plays 3+2 bots vs. 5 bots. The chat limit will be lifted after 5 match-made games, of which she will never play because she has never played a match-made game in her life.

Good support...

Also, never type in chat because we are in person/voice chat with her brother so...

ALN1031

So basically new LMQ management force XWX to tweet in favor of against Sharon?

... or am I reading that wrong?

That's what it looks like. Then NoName tells him that his tweet means the players taking a stance, against Sharon and reprimands him. I guess XWX felt bad and deleted the tweet.

As for this not affecting LMQ, low chance, their coach already said they lost 8/8 scrims on Monday, and scrimmed late on Tuesday for PR stuff. Pls LMQ.

Continue from last post:

Wife has never played anything but private games with me and her brother and logged on after months of not playing with a 5 game chat limit thing. Emailed support and got a copy pasted reply saying:

"There has been a high volume of post-game reports against you relative to the number of games you've played. We have investigated your account and found higher than average levels of toxicity as a result of your actions in the matches you play."

What? She has literally never played with anyone not family, she only plays 3+2 bots vs. 5 bots. The chat limit will be lifted after 5 match-made games, of which she will never play because she has never played a match-made game in her life.

Good support...

Also, never type in chat because we are in person/voice chat with her brother so...

Yeah idk, I always feel weird when I see those "Lyte smite" or "Wookiecookie stomps" posts since they literally just type out stuff like, "You've been toxic for 30% of games you played" and everyone just agrees with them and lynches the dude. It always occurs to me that anyone could just as easily say it since you can't really prove it. But that's probably way off topic, anyways if you guys just play bots and with family, you guys can just use Skype or something right? On the other hand, if she's never played a match-made game, her normal mmr is probably super low and you guys could just play it out.

I feel like Riot support is very inconsistent, sometimes you get good guys who help you out and then write poems to soothe your soul, and then sometimes you get robot responses that have no relevance to your problem.

Edwardo

Continue from last post:

Good support...

Wow, that really stinks. I guess you could try to send them another email. Generic responses like that are definitely frustrating.

That's what it looks like. Then NoName tells him that his tweet means the players taking a stance, against Sharon and reprimands him. I guess XWX felt bad and deleted the tweet.

As for this not affecting LMQ, low chance, their coach already said they lost 8/8 scrims on Monday, and scrimmed late on Tuesday for PR stuff. Pls LMQ.

Damn. LMQ goin through some shit.

Nekofrog

Banned
depending on how curse does this super week, they seem poised to break the forever fourth curse (he he he) by placing 5th... or even 6th!

Dec

Yeah idk, I always feel weird when I see those "Lyte smite" or "Wookiecookie stomps" posts since they literally just type out stuff like, "You've been toxic for 30% of games you played" and everyone just agrees with them and lynches the dude. It always occurs to me that anyone could just as easily say it since you can't really prove it. But that's probably way off topic, anyways if you guys just play bots and with family, you guys can just use Skype or something right? On the other hand, if she's never played a match-made game, her normal mmr is probably super low and you guys could just play it out.

I feel like Riot support is very inconsistent, sometimes you get good guys who help you out and then write poems to soothe your soul, and then sometimes you get robot responses that have no relevance to your problem.

We do only use Skype, I guess it's the principal. She doesn't even use the in game chat.

Here's her recent games: http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/25353028#matches

Never with anyone but me and her brother.

Need to play a few more Sona games. She still feels pretty much the same, the W shield is great went grouped as everyone gets it. Anyone know if the Q aura is a single time thing, or does it apply to every ally auto attack if they remain in the aura? Latter would seem op but I'm not sure which one is true.

She is but at the same time she isnt, Now is a priority to max Q which I hate

Nekofrog

Banned
i really like gnar as a character, but his kit just looks entirely uninteresting to me. which sucks because he'll probably dominate for a few months until he's patched, and a ban will be wasted on him for a while

Newt

First encounter with new Sona.
73ea555432c3876d0d6ee8ce1f9112ba.png

So if your teammates get out of your aura pool they lose the buff even if the buff wasnt fully depleted but cant get another buff even if they re enter the aura pool. I wish my allies could retain the buff after a certain period of time, I feel like a babysitter now chasing them to no lose their buff form them.

Also her E aura no longer push the minions.....

uh that's always been the case.

Not for me.

Moodmon

Neo Member
Been playing a smurf with a friend. I have literally seen the light. Lux is hella fun. Passive that makes it easier to last hit, zone control and a generous root that works even if a minion blocks it. Plus laz0rs.

Even been able to play a little support with it too. Tempted to pick her up on my main, just feels so enjoyable to play as. I haven't even been spamming laugh yet. I have been levelling up E first, I have no idea if that is the right thing but I like being able to clear groups of minions quickly.

zkylon

zkylewd
Yeah, I hesitated for a while before I bought something in the start. Spellthief might indeed be a good choice.
yea, specially since coin itself is such a shitty item. like medallion's a bit better but coin is just awful. and they nerfed medallion and shurelyas mana regen on 4.13 right?

yea, prolly just buy spellthief and rush a ruby crystal or something

Try deathcap too. I think Sona might be cute in a hat. Make sure to properly accessorize with shoes.

oh yea she's totes cute

lol___deathcap_sona_by_cubehero-d6rllrq.jpg

Need to play a few more Sona games. She still feels pretty much the same, the W shield is great went grouped as everyone gets it. Anyone know if the Q aura is a single time thing, or does it apply to every ally auto attack if they remain in the aura? Latter would seem op but I'm not sure which one is true.
it applies to every ally that steps in the snuggle zone once

so like they can get into the area later and still get the effect, but there's no persistent benefit of remaining inside it

Been playing a smurf with a friend. I have literally seen the light. Lux is hella fun. Passive that makes it easier to last hit, zone control and a generous root that works even if a minion blocks it. Plus laz0rs.

Even been able to play a little support with it too. Tempted to pick her up on my main, just feels so enjoyable to play as. I haven't even been spamming laugh yet. I have been levelling up E first, I have no idea if that is the right thing but I like being able to clear groups of minions quickly.
lux is great but as many older champions, very easy to outplay by the newer ones with tons of mobility. i've played her a lot and i mean A LOT so lemme know if u want to know something about her/want some of my fan fiction

i usually put a point in e at lvl 1, then q then w and then max r>e>q>w. e is great for scouting at lvl 1s but q's a pretty reliable two man root so you might want to get that first if your team doesn't have enough cc to invade/defend. i sometimes get w at level 2 against like fizz or something and sometimes level a second point of w (again against fucking fizz)

i like going double dorans on her since waveclear is kind of an issue if you go straight for athenes. i really like rushing damage on her with like deathcap as first item and then sorc shoes and void staff. you should only do this if you know you're gonna get blue buff and that you're not gonna live under turret (so no against ziggs)

i try to get red trinket asap and ward enemy jungle exits and camp brushes to combo jungler/support when they go out warding. i find that's my favorite way of playing her as she doesn't farm or poke competitively. her teamfighting is really good tho, try to get a good e on as many people as possible and then laser dem fools. or just aim your sights on the adc and support your bruisers as they charge at them by deleting half their carries' hp with your laser

and like kite kite kite kite

Edwardo

First game I play today, I see a Zilean mid

Yep this champ isn't gonna last long. The FoTM begins

Ya I had a couple Zilean mids and a Zilean support over the last few weeks. I think they started before it came out in pro play though. Was it Faker who got it going again?

I just finished out a Rengar game and unlocked an Assassin summoner icon. What was the unlock criteria?

It can be seen on my profile http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-history/NA1/44246552

According to the patch notes, it's five games per role to unlock the summoner icons.

Someone has to remember Talon exists

I seen a lot of talon. And most of them carried their team hard.

One of my buddies started randomly playing Talon out of nowhere last week. More of a preference of his than anything, I doubt knowing him that it had anything to do with patches and the meta or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom