• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT7| She Ezreal To Me, Dammit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edwardo

You can forget about something like 2012 Harrowing, we'll get two half-assed skins, one for Lee Sin and one for Lux -or some other champions with five hundred skins- if anything.

Yea I was pretty bummed in 2013. I didn't play prior to that year and didn't get to experience these events that had 3/4+ skins.

Foxfire Ahri
Soul Reaver Draven
Iron Solari Leona

Been waiting on all of those to come around for some time. Am pleased.

Bioforge is a pretty cool skin

it's certainly better than Woad King

it's the best Darius skin until Dunkmaster happens.

King Darius best Darius by far. Bioforge not only looks only mediocre, but makes no sense.

Edwardo

Foxfire Ahri
Soul Reaver Draven
Iron Solari Leona

Been waiting on all of those to come around for some time. Am pleased.

Foxfire is awesome. Best Ahri skin imo.

I always liked Soul Reaver Draven. I'd consider buying it, but I got Primetime when it came out. I've always said that it's fact that Soul Reaver Dravens are the most skilled ;)

TomShoe

Banned
Finally the streak is broken

8F3uK.jpg

Moments hunter

Neo Member
Guys, can you please explain me, why is Maokai so popular now? I saw it in EU Challenger, now in OGN and he was destroying like three people trying to kill him.

Woad King Darius is a terrible skin

I can say that with confidence as someone who owns it

Get Bioforge
How you condone as dreadful of a skin as Bioforge Darius is a mystery in itself.

You can forget about something like 2012 Harrowing, we'll get two half-assed skins, one for Lee Sin and one for Lux -or some other champions with five hundred skins- if anything.
So in other words, still no skins for thematically fitting champions like Yorick, Elise or Trundle. Bonus "flip some shit" points if they handpick Corki for yet another festivity event.

brian!

I don't get it. This doesn't sound like it would fix anything at all.

I think they should just remove summoner spells.

Also maybe like 30 champions.

And at least half the items.

But then everyone would get mad.

it's just loco shootin some shit
i dont even think there's anything wrong with how things are right now
ppl saying he's wrong and offering up their own ideas are kind of barking up the wrong tree

krpiper

So I am a new league player but have taken to playing as Garen, as I find the melee-ish the easiest to play.

Who should I expand from there?

Also how many characters should someone be "really good" with and "okay" with, by the time they hit ranked play? (I am only level 11)

Talents

Banned
So I am a new league player but have taken to playing as Garen, as I find the melee-ish the easiest to play.

Also how many characters should someone be "really good" with and "okay" with, by the time they hit ranked play? (I am only level 11)

People generally say you should be able to use 2-3 champions for each role well before playing ranked.

Achtius

Learn two roles at least. So you can say you are good with X and Y, but is really bad at the rest.

Jeff-DSA

It's going to be a long time before you get to 30, but it's smart to sort of be thinking about what you want to do. I would try to be good at 2-3 roles, 2-3 champions deep. It's a lot to expect you to be good at every role, though you would probably have your best experience if you could at least competently handle any of them. Each role has a few champs that are pretty friendly to newcomers. I would think about the following champs for expanding your selections:

Top - Renekton, Darius
Mid - Ziggs, Lux, Annie
ADC - Caitlyn, Jinx, Ashe
Jungle - Skarner, Amumu, Volibear, Warwick
Support - Nami, Braum, Thresh

Achtius

Lux might be a bit hard for new players. Lux is all about skill shots. If you can land all your skill shots and abuse her passive, then lux is a beast. But if you can't, then she's not that good.

jinx and twitch aren't beginner friendly.

if you really want barebones champs

top: garen lulu
mid: ziggs
support: leona, sona
jungle: jarvan da fourth
adc: caitlyn lucian.

Jeff-DSA

jinx and twitch aren't beginner friendly.

if you really want barebones champs

top: garen lulu
mid: ziggs
support: leona, sona
jungle: jarvan da fourth
adc: caitlyn lucian.

I don't know about Lucian anymore now that his range is short. Seems like they might trade poorly unless they know how to maximize his passive well. That's why I went with Ashe.

Leona is probably a good support to add into the pool. Really straightforward and not squishy. It's hard not to feed as a support when you first start playing the role. Seems hard for new players to find the balance between aggression and staying alive.

krpiper

Thanks gaf! This is much more helpful than "lolnoob"

I know its a while before I get to 30, but I am just thinking of the "end" game, if anyone has a smurf account and wants to play my summoner name is the same as gaf krpiper

Also should I just play a lot? or watch streams? and if streams is the ticket, whats some good ones?

oh wow that Rengar nerf

what the fuck Riot. 2 and a half minutes at rank 1. WHAT.

Meanwhile Ziggs, Morg and Ori get the lightest of love taps. k.

Also poor Kassadin

Jeff-DSA

Any Gragas changes? He's kind of stupid right now. Way worse than Ziggs. I've laned against Ziggs a few times recently and his reduced speed and the more narrow Q blast makes him fairly easy to deal with already for a lot of high burst mid champs.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
idk, the pbe changes all seem logical to me and hit champions in the right place. I honestly think you'd have to be pretty out of touch with the game to not understand where the changes are coming from.

those Gragas and Kog'Maw nerfs too...

Riot's going fucking hard.

idk, the pbe changes all seem logical to me and hit champions in the right place. I honestly think you'd have to be pretty out of touch with the game to not understand where the changes are coming from.

I don't think increasing the early cooldown on Rengar ult by 30 seconds is the right way to do it.

If they were going to increase his ult cooldown they should increase the later level cooldown, as it hits as low as 42 seconds with the popular heavy CDR build.

Would have preferred to see them change it to 120/100/80 or 120/110/100 if they really wanted to go hard.

pigeon

Banned
* Decreasing Ori's base autoattack damage seems totally bizarre given that most of her AA damage would come from her AP-scaling passive anyway. What weakness does this add to the champ?
* Of all the things I would nerf on Morgana the base damage on her ult is not the thing that would come to my mind. I don't think this will really make Morg less effective. I guess it weakens her in teamfights a little, but even in that situation her Q is the button you lean on.
* Otherwise these seem fine.

Jeff-DSA

So Arcade MF won't be purchasable?

But I wanted the skin yesterday. Man, that GAF ban felt like a long time. I didn't even get to geek out at Arcade MF reveal.

This happened last night. I've never seen such a hard stomp in ranked, and I was quite happy to be on the right side of it. They didn't even have any AFK or trolling people, we just beasted on them. I think we're taking CLG's spot in the LCS.

Bacon

Thanks gaf! This is much more helpful than "lolnoob"

I know its a while before I get to 30, but I am just thinking of the "end" game, if anyone has a smurf account and wants to play my summoner name is the same as gaf krpiper

Also should I just play a lot? or watch streams? and if streams is the ticket, whats some good ones?

I learned a lot from just playing a lot up until my late 20's and then I think i started watching streams after that. There is a lot you can learn from streamers but nothing can replace getting real experience. I think oddone is a really good streamer if you like jungling, he is really informative about what he is doing and why.

TomShoe

Banned
* Decreasing Ori's base autoattack damage seems totally bizarre given that most of her AA damage would come from her AP-scaling passive anyway. What weakness does this add to the champ?
* Of all the things I would nerf on Morgana the base damage on her ult is not the thing that would come to my mind. I don't think this will really make Morg less effective. I guess it weakens her in teamfights a little, but even in that situation her Q is the button you lean on.
* Otherwise these seem fine.

They would have been better off removing the distance scaling on her Q. If you get love tapped with the very end of it, good night.

Einbroch

Banned
I really like how Riot is making these "hyper carries" (Tristana, Vayne, Kog) weaker but only in the early game. It provides a more dynamic game and meta. Do you go for a weak early game hoping to out-carry the opponent? Such choices should come with risk.

I like it.

zkylon

zkylewd
Nerfing base aa dmg nerfs oris lvl 1 e thing which is one of her stronger moments. It's not a huge nerf but still pretty shit, specially since her auto range is so short

And it'll nerf her general trading and make her weaker in lane and have a harder time csing

Whatever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom