• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT7| She Ezreal To Me, Dammit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I don't think increasing the early cooldown on Rengar ult by 30 seconds is the right way to do it.

If they were going to increase his ult cooldown they should increase the later level cooldown, as it hits as low as 42 seconds with the popular heavy CDR build.

Would have preferred to see them change it to 120/100/80 or 120/110/100 if they really wanted to go hard.
If a Rengar is building CDR heavy than they aren't going to have as dangerous ults. Additionally late game Rengar is significantly less dangerous than mid game Rengar when you actually start having the gold to prevent people from blowing up along with full teams grouping more easily. A longer early cooldown on Rengar ult means he won't be able to pick up kill+objective, base to buy, and be ready to gank with ult again during laning phase.

* Decreasing Ori's base autoattack damage seems totally bizarre given that most of her AA damage would come from her AP-scaling passive anyway. What weakness does this add to the champ?
Because they want to lower Ori's super early game and not her laning as a whole. Lowering her AD will weaken her level 1~3 which is what they're gunning for, lowering her passive damage will just weaken her period.
I don't think increasing the early cooldown on Rengar ult by 30 seconds is the right way to do it.

If they were going to increase his ult cooldown they should increase the later level cooldown, as it hits as low as 42 seconds with the popular heavy CDR build.

Would have preferred to see them change it to 120/100/80 or 120/110/100 if they really wanted to go hard.
Because a late game cooldown is nowhere near as important as an early game cooldown. Late game is when you want most champions to have their ults ready for every fight or even twice per fight in some cases. Increasing Rengar's late game CD by 10 seconds - more like 6 - when defensive items start showing up would accomplish nothing.

Kenai

How many Ziggs nerfs is that now? I lost count (seriously).

I feel except for his satchel ease of use he's worse in every way than he was pre-buff.

dimb

I had like the greatest Veigar support on my team today. He had like 300 games on Veigar and he was just landing three person instastuns. It was really neat to watch.

If a Rengar is building CDR heavy than they aren't going to have as dangerous ults. Additionally late game Rengar is significantly less dangerous than mid game Rengar when you actually start having the gold to prevent people from blowing up along with full teams grouping more easily. A longer early cooldown on Rengar ult means he won't be able to pick up kill+objective, base to buy, and be ready to gank with ult again during laning phase.

Because a late game cooldown is nowhere near as important as an early game cooldown. Late game is when you want most champions to have their ults ready for every fight or even twice per fight in some cases. Increasing Rengar's late game CD by 10 seconds - more like 6 - when defensive items start showing up would accomplish nothing.

You guys are assuming the only power of a Rengar ult is for assassination potential.

The power of Rengar ult in the late game shifts from assassination potential into a solid engage method onto a high priority target with an empowered bola. It also grants vision, and incredibly powerful tool, as well as giving him a very quick source of full Ferocity which makes him so strong in fights.

Rengar's ult being 42 seconds allows him to use his ult at will and not care about whether it works out or not. Even if it's only for vision it's worth it. increasing the cooldown of Rengar ult late game would punish poor ults more and would discourage spamming it without consequence.

This has been one of the biggest advantages of Rengar in competitive play and is why teams are so scared of it late game. Increasing the cooldown to 100 seconds at rank 3 would bring the cooldown with 40% CDR to 60 seconds.

I just think this is a better way to change Rengar's ult.

sleepykyo

Which adcs are good for bad players? I already have Sivir and Caitlyn (funnily enough I've seen her banned while the good adcs get through).

You guys are assuming the only power of a Rengar ult is for assassination potential.

The power of Rengar ult in the late game shifts from assassination potential into a solid engage method onto a high priority target with an empowered bola. It also grants vision, and incredibly powerful tool, as well as giving him a very quick source of full Ferocity which makes him so strong in fights.

Rengar's ult being 42 seconds allows him to use his ult at will and not care about whether it works out or not. Even if it's only for vision it's worth it. increasing the cooldown of Rengar ult late game would punish poor ults more and would discourage spamming it without consequence.

This has been one of the biggest advantages of Rengar in competitive play and is why teams are so scared of it late game. Increasing the cooldown to 100 seconds at rank 3 would bring the cooldown with 40% CDR to 60 seconds.

I just think this is a better way to change Rengar's ult.
The point is people don't pick Rengar because of his level 16 power.

pigeon

Banned
Which adcs are good for bad players? I already have Sivir and Caitlyn (funnily enough I've seen her banned while the good adcs get through).

Trist is a great learning ADC because her escape is so strong, she has a non-skillshot poke, and she scales well. Harass with E early and focus on last hitting and not dying, then get SS/IE, max Q, and kill everybody.

Jeff-DSA

Trist is a great learning ADC because her escape is so strong, she has a non-skillshot poke, and she scales well. Harass with E early and focus on last hitting and not dying, then get SS/IE, max Q, and kill everybody.

Please don't encourage more Tristana play. It's a good answer, yes, but let's be good citizens here.

Ashe is a great learning one too. Just be mindful of how slow/squishy she is.

brian!

rengar's ult in late game is pretty conditional, and I don't think the time frame is too short for it to be punished atm

even if it's kind of up too much, that doesn't prevent the team going against rengar from putting in proper play
like compared to when graggy had a really low cd ult, reng ult post 16 changes a lot

TomShoe

Banned
Nah. I've never had a pleasant experience with an Ashe on my team. They great for feeding on though.

Really? Seems like getting the maximum benefit of her passive requires being good at kiting to begin with.

That's because bad/new players typically play Ashe

Nekofrog

Banned
JESUS that kassadin nerf

i feel like he was in a perfectly fine spot after the most recent nerf. with riftwalk duration being at 12 seconds you were likely only to riftwalk 3 times at MOST in a team fight (and it has to be a long teamfight to get them off with the CDs) before you're so OOM that you either

1. run away from fight and hope you have enough time for riftwalk timer to reset so you can GTFO and live

or

2. spam all your remaining abilities to go completely OOM and do as much damage as you can before you die

i mean even with zhonyas, you're not going to outlast the riftwalk reset timer in a big teamfight before you're boned at 12 seconds, 20 is just going to make him absolutely unplayable

zkylon

zkylewd
Nah. I've never had a pleasant experience with an Ashe on my team. They're great for feeding on though.

Really? Seems like getting the maximum benefit of her passive requires being good at kiting to begin with.
On my cell rite now so cant go too in depth but she's pretty straightforward and trades like s boss

Low mobility is like curse and blessing as she punishes bad positioning but she doesn't take much micro to do her things like I guess vayne or new lucy

yea it's totally busted

i played against diamond 1s and challengers on my games too

so basically either this was their fix which means i'll never play teambuilder again or it's super borked lol

kJY7QIg.png

Yeah, I don't know what they did but I didn't get this kind of games in teambuilder before the patch.

It was cool to have the challenger on my team for once, but isn't that fun to play a game like this. Although it was funny to see the crazy damage Draven was doing. I guess it is ok. I wanted a fast game to get my icon and I got it.

Aug 29 - Sept 1

Thanks!

Nekofrog

Banned
Yeah, that's why he's still the second most banned champion in the game.

people still operating under the mindset that he's incredibly OP press R to win mode. he hasn't been for a long time. gaf groups have won plenty of games against kassadin and lost plenty with kassadin (anecdotal but)

i mean ffs jax is still in the top 10 banrate and who cares about jax

brian!

the nerf doesn't hurt him that much, it's just incredibly annoying waiting for that timer to go down when you are playing him, it was annoying during the initial rework already

people still operating under the mindset that he's incredibly OP press R to win mode. he hasn't been for a long time. gaf groups have won plenty of games against kassadin and lost plenty with kassadin (anecdotal but)

i mean ffs jax is still in the top 10 banrate and who cares about jax
He's mostly pick/ban in competitive as well.

Jeff-DSA

He's mostly pick/ban in competitive as well.

I almost always ban him. There's just too much of a chance that he'll snowball on you if you're not laning against him and know how to handle the situation. Nothing worse than being down in bot or up on top and you keep seeing him score kills in the mid or by roaming down bot.

Thanks gaf! This is much more helpful than "lolnoob"

I know its a while before I get to 30, but I am just thinking of the "end" game, if anyone has a smurf account and wants to play my summoner name is the same as gaf krpiper

Also should I just play a lot? or watch streams? and if streams is the ticket, whats some good ones?
Rather than going straight into Ranked after you reach level 30, just practice with Normal Draft or alternatively, Team Builder if you want to focus on one particular role at a time. Dominion also serves as appropriate practice if you want to finetune your skirmish / teamfight decision-making, different map notwithstanding.

zkylon

zkylewd
i think kass and rango nerfs are deserved

not sure how i feel about zed buffs, tho i appreciate it's trying not to improve his laning.

pretty mad about ori, really bad way to nerf her if you wanna do so (which you don't cos ori is perfect as is)

much like nami nerfs last patch, these things make me think that riot half the time just nerfs randomly based on what's popular on pro play. what about nami or ori is oppressive enough and isn't mostly outplayable that needs nerfing? cos if you're talking about the shield into basic attacks thingie then i'm thinking you had no business being in 525 range of a champion with slowest ms in the game.

yea, pretty salty about that and hope it doesn't go thru like the e resistances nerfs that were on pbe a couple times

just realize that other mid mages' kits are shit and that's what they're not played (tho i'd say variety right now is pretty strong 'cept for assassins, which rito gutted themselves). at least in the current meta

that's why anivia, brand, etc aren't played, not because orianna pushes them out.

same thing with support, nami isn't like that and imo thresh isn't like that either. you can't ask a champion's kit to be balanceable against messes of a kit like soraka's and taric's.

it's not the lee sin or renekton thing

dimb

much like nami nerfs last patch, these things make me think that riot half the time just nerfs randomly based on what's popular on pro play. what about nami or ori is oppressive enough and isn't mostly outplayable that needs nerfing? cos if you're talking about the shield into basic attacks thingie then i'm thinking you had no business being in 525 range of a champion with slowest ms in the game.
Nami had the best sustain of any support and excellent pick potential. These nerfs come in for a reason, and it's easy to see why Nami got hit with how strong her laning phase was. The Nami nerfs weren't even that bad, it just promotes leveling her E more instead of W. It huts bad Nami players much more than good ones.

Nami wasn't randomly nerfed, Thresh and Braum were both getting substantial nerfs, she was already among the top 3, her nerfs were meant so she wouldn't suddenly become overbearing because other strong supports got nerfed.

It's the same reasoning behind the jungler changes, you gotta nerf the top tiers all at once otherwise one will just rule.

zkylon

zkylewd
i agree but i don't see the point of pulling interesting champions like nami or thresh or ori back so that the very worst can have a shot

i'm fine for nerfing the problem cases like lee sin or renekton or lebonk or mid gragas but here the problem cases are janna and taric and soraka and ali and sona and blitz and zilean and whoever else i'm missing all having kit problems that make them weak

and like i said i don't think thresh needed these last batch of nerfs

also junglers don't have nearly as many kit problems as supports or mids do. junglers are more items+power than supports

edit: i may be talking out of my ass on the last line tho so pls don't take that one too seriously.

Nami wasn't randomly nerfed, Thresh and Braum were both getting substantial nerfs, she was already among the top 3, her nerfs were meant so she wouldn't suddenly become overbearing because other strong supports got nerfed.

It's the same reasoning behind the jungler changes, you gotta nerf the top tiers all at once otherwise one will just rule.
except it's not like braum or thresh or nami were crowding out anyone as still nobody ever picked blitz or alistar or soraka or taric in competitive unless there was something broken about them. u know, because they're shit :/

which is their reasoning for lee sin/elise/eve nerfs

it's sad that they're nerfing lulu cos she's a really cool support i'd like to see more of. salvageable supports should be getting buffed while they rework others like sona

Wasn't the point of Renekton being strong for so long that he was the anti-problem champion?

As in he was purposefully left strong to prevent the fighters with more problematic kits from becoming strong.

it's just turned out that other top laners have come up over those problem champions again so it was safe to nerf Renekton a bit

but if Irelia ever becomes a top, top tier pick again she'll get nerfed so hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom