• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT7| She Ezreal To Me, Dammit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CRS

If I wanted an entertaining talk show about League of Legends, I would want Sky to be the host. He can be funny without coming off like a complete asshole or at the expense of someone else and is somewhat decent at the game. I assume he's more knowledgeable than Thoorin about the game as well so it's already an improvement. All he needs is to look up the reddit threads for the OGN matches if he needs to bring that up to seem knowledgeable on that front.

--

re: scarra

From watching his streams, scarra being good at the game and informative is what people seem to enjoy. You can be an asshole but informative and still get a lot of views (nightblue).

He's pretty well-spoken and is probably on the professional/mature side of the streams. He also has his "holy molly" and "OH GOD" reactions which brings some comedic value. And people like that he listens to video game music exclusively. Basically, he's a huge likeable nerd.

proyectile

You speak Spanish too?!

Kappa

zkylon

zkylewd
that's what they mean tho, right?

maybe i was lucky but like i've seen lots of streams and i've never seen a player play on anything but their main+smurfs

CRS

As much as I do not like CLG, I can't believe Riot (NA) went ahead with this fine. Riot has set a precedent now and established that sharing an account deserves a larger fine than being toxic.

The org/team is going to pay the fines so that isn't an issue, I just hope those four players didn't have any aspirations to play for a Korean team (lol).

We can't punish you for leaving, but wait if we say it's for account sharing (Which every single pro team does... and is recorded on twitch archives....) we can find a semi-legitimate excuse to punish you guys!

The only account sharing I've read about is the Link giving an account to Seraph (kina account). Other than that, I haven't seen/read/heard about any other situation. Are you sure you're not confusing it with pros playing on their smurfs? A lot of smurfs from pros are Diamond 1 MMR accounts given by Riot with all the necessities. There is no reason for account sharing since there's nothing stopping a pro from creating a new account in NA (not taking into account the grinding it'll take for the champs/runes/rune pages/etc.) unlike in Korea where a Korean SSN is needed to actually create an account not given by Riot Korea.

zkylon

zkylewd
As much I do not like CLG, I can't believe Riot (NA) went ahead with this fine. Riot has now set a precedent now and established that sharing an account deserves a larger fine than being toxic.

The org/team is going to pay the fines so that isn't an issue, I just hope those four players didn't have any aspirations to play for a Korean team (lol).
yeah i mean i won't shed any tears for clg but seems like a silly fine specially since riot messed up first themselves

Never said anything about buying like when lustboy first game to NA... who's account did you think he played on?
no idea, i don't watch lustboy's stream

brian!

im pretty sure they mean sharing ur account with someone or using someone else's account
what makes it weird is that riot fukked up and didn't provide accounts in a timely manner so no shit clg is going to find some lvl 30 accounts that have champs and runes
and still they charge twelve fiddy

CRS

im pretty sure they mean sharing ur account with someone or using someone else's account

I don't think anyone is disputing this.

I was just unsure if Herectic was talking about playing on smurfs or not but after his latest reply to zkylon, he was indeed talking about account sharing (lustboy allegedly playing in NA on Loco's[?] account.)

To your edit:

Yeah, Riot is going to get a lot of shit for this (rightfully so). Should those four players get fined, yes. Did they deserve such large amounts? No. Is Riot using the account sharing to make an example out of CLG? Yes.

zkylon

zkylewd
ughhh can't decide if i should buy brujita lux or not

like the design is total crap but i like that it's called brujita and the splash is pretty good and also it's so cheappp

halp

what makes it weird is that riot fukked up and didn't provide accounts in a timely manner so no shit clg is going to find some lvl 30 accounts that have champs and runes
and still they charge twelve fiddy

yup that's really weird

Newt

Got a pentakiru!
0bcb63667df07cb71ce04f0abe4c49f7.png

Now in diamond 4 promos for the third time -_-.

Also, CLG probably doesn't care too much about the riot ruling.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Korean accounts are tied to your SSN. This is why the matter is taken more seriously.

zkylon

zkylewd
Social security numbers.

Think about it.

no i mean why are their accounts tied to their social security numbers

How many commendations did you get in order to receive this? Also, any perks with it?
no perks other than a ribbon thingie that'll last like 5 games unless all you do is play coop vs ai

---------------------------

ed: who gives a shit about clg they suck ass anyways

zeronis <333

ZAvbo18HhGlyEWM4

I guess that's one way for Riot to deal with CLG leaving for superweek. They fucked up the rules but they win in the end regardless. Sucks for CLG.

The ruling makes no sense either way. CLG getting banned for the same time as Apdo from OGN? Are you serious? LOL

Godan

Sorry inwork so cant see any gaming links. What is it that Riot has done to CLG?

Have they been banned or something?

Leezard

Sorry inwork so cant see any gaming links. What is it that Riot has done to CLG?

Have they been banned or something?

They get a fine from Riot, they are banned by the Korean esports association from playing in the korean leagues (ogn, nlb, etc) for two years.

Godan

Well that sucks then.

Anyone any idea if any Na casters are gona be over in EU this week for the playoff's at gamescom?

CRS

Just becasue they used an account that is not theirs when they went over?

The skipped superweek, went to Korea and used accounts that weren't theirs. $1250 fine per player and 2 week ban from participating in OGN.

Basically, crazy overkill.

Dexter, Link, Doublelift, and Aphromoo were all fined $1250 each for account sharing (which is an offense) but the real reason why it's such a large fine is Riot's way of getting back at CLG for not sticking around for super week.

The 2 year ban from KeSPA owned tournaments is a Riot Korea rule set almost a year ago so there was no bias there.

Dexter, Link, Doublelift, and Aphromoo were all fined $1250 each for account sharing (which is an offense) but the real reason why it's such a large fine is Riot's way of getting back at CLG for not sticking around for super week.
I think the whole "revenge for superweek" thing is bogus. LCS players are on Riot's payroll and account sharing in KR is technically a crime because of the whole SSN thing. If CLG had waited for Riot to issue accounts this would never have happened.

They're making an example of CLG but not for the superweek.

I don't think its that bogus. I agree that Riot KR should punish CLG. But the same punishment as Elo Boosting? That seems crazy.

What CLG did is nowhere bad in terms of the Elo Boosting that Apdo did, yet same length competitive bans. Either crazy shit happening or Riot KR needs to learn how to fking punish shit.

CRS

The super week is just speculation but you're telling me that $1250 is justified for account sharing?

Assuming that the original owners gave permission for CLG to use their accounts (why wouldn't they?), then I don't see it being a crime of identity theft or whatever. The players don't have access to the "SSN" in the account details and is only involved in the account creation.

I don't think its that bogus. I agree that Riot KR should punish CLG. But the same punishment as Elo Boosting? That seems crazy.

What CLG did is nowhere bad in terms of the Elo Boosting that Apdo did, yet same length competitive bans. Either crazy shit happening or Riot KR needs to learn how to fking punish shit.

It's still account sharing, regardless of the intent.

Riot Games is well aware of the harmful effects of account sharing, which hurts in-game competitive fairness and tournaments, and have come up with a set of rules to prevent such behavior. These rules have come out of our discussion with tournament partners Kespa, Ongamenet, and NicegameTV, and affect professional players and team management/staff.

Definitions:
1. Account sharing: Using/abusing or attempting to on another person&#8217;s account.
a. This includes using your friends&#8217;, teammates&#8217;, or managements&#8217; account and using viewers&#8217; accounts while streaming.
b. Applies to all games (Ranked, normal, and custom)
2. Ranked team dealings: Handing over, giving, or selling your ranked team, or attempting to do so.

For Regular users/amateurs
For: Users who were banned permanently because of proxy gaming or other unfair/dishonest practices.
Tournament Participation: From the beginning of their ban, they will be prohibited from participating in all official tournaments for 2 years.

Leezard

The super week is just speculation but you're telling me that $1250 is justified for account sharing?

Assuming that the original owners gave permission for CLG to use their accounts (why wouldn't they?), then I don't see it being a crime of identity theft or whatever. The players don't have access to the "SSN" in the account details and is only involved in the account creation.

It's still account sharing, regardless of the intent.

It's definitely not identity theft. Maybe some other sort of identity fraud? I dunno. I think it is quite possible that the fine is exaggerated to make an example of CLG, but we can't be sure at this stage.

Godan

So like if my friend comes over when I am playing LOL and i let him play a game but its with my account I can get punished for it?

Like I said, they are definitely being heavy handed with the fine but this has nothing to do with superweek.

Hotshot and the GG's performance during the superweek should have been enough punishment.
So like if my friend comes over when I am playing LOL and i let him play a game but its with my account I can get punished for it?
You're not giving him your account for him to use, he's playing with you. Plus the odds of you getting caught for it are zero.

It's a different story with pro players.

CRS

Yes.

shouldnt the account owners be the ones getting fined.

The owners don't get a fine because they're not Riot employees and LCS rulings do not apply to them.

I believe the accounts get banned permanently if I understood the rules correctly so they still got a punishment.

Leezard

It is account sharing and technically bannable, but noone is going to catch you in that scenario unless you admit to it somewhere.

The owners don't get a fine because they're not Riot employees and LCS rulings do not apply to them.

I believe the accounts get banned permanently if I understood the rules correctly so they still got a punishment.

Yes, the accounts got banned a couple of days ago. There was a thread on reddit about all of them getting banned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom