• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT7| She Ezreal To Me, Dammit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

Maybe they're putting more points into W earlier than you do? Not sure if that makes sense or not, I don't play Twitch.

That's a bit of a waste IMO, since his E would be much more beneficial early on. I tend to buff his Q 2nd because of the stealth time and bonus atk speed.

Blizzard

Banned
It's such a soul-crushing feeling when you just started playing Maokai, it's some of the most fun you've had in recent memory, and the very next patch provides nerfs.

I mean, even if he's still viable with those nerfs, I just selfishly feel all WHY MEEEEE. ;_; I had fun, Riot! I hardly ever have fun in League!

drawkcaB

That's a bit of a waste IMO, since his E would be much more beneficial early on. I tend to buff his Q 2nd because of the stealth time and bonus atk speed.

Not saying it's not a waste or a bright idea, just trying to offer some potential reasons for why your W feels weaker. Lots of lower rank (or generally unknowledgeable players) do some really weird shit when it comes to leveling abilities.

zkylon said:
syndra and ori nerfs

I feel like I'll need to spend quite a few custom match-ups practicing last hitting with Ori. 6 in the early game is huge.

Blizzard

Banned
Also holy crabcakes, 2.5 minute ult cooldown for Rengar, that sounds painful.

*edit* A Thresh flay bug was fixed -- wasn't someone asking for that?

Negaduck

This game is so silly. I forgot how short all the cooldowns are lol.

Silly silly game. Still fun though.

Completely forgot that you can surrender so a sudden win yesterday really caught me off guard.

garath

Not really. What they're going to do is build a brand new NA server somewhere in the mid-west so players throughout the continent get pretty decent ping instead only US West Coast getting great ping while everyone just has to make due. Not sure if that's what you meant or not, but US East isn't getting their own server like EUNE.

Ping isn't even the issue for me anymore, just general stability. Yesterday alone I got three sure kills taken away because the game decided to lag spike. I can work around my ping bouncing between 80-100, I can't adapt to random lag spikes.

EDIT: Pwyff, god of patch notes.

I can dig around for the exact statements but I wasn't talking about an East Coast server. I was talking about an East Coast "solution" which is exactly what they've been promising. They said something along the lines of step 1 was working with backbone providers to improve the routing and maybe get the old ping back. Then later figure out a long term solution such as a central server, etc etc. But I think you're on the same page, probably just misread solution as server.

But yeah, general stability has been pretty crappy too.

Nekofrog

Banned
i don't see anything on that page to warrant not playing xerath anymore

i think the nerf to mao's W is a bigger deal than his ult, as the only time you really need his ult for 10+s are dragon/baron skirmishes. just use it more intelligently. even in this "nerfed" state its still a hell of a lot more useful than it was before.

zkylon

zkylewd
Also holy crabcakes, 2.5 minute ult cooldown for Rengar, that sounds painful.

*edit* A Thresh flay bug was fixed -- wasn't someone asking for that?
yea if they indeed fixed the infamous flay bug that'd be pretty ok

That was a bugfix, and perfectly acceptable.
i know but just saying

this isn't my patch

and lizzy nerfs on the last patch

ugh

They're nerfing everything about Morgana that no one cares about!

Nerf the damn binding already, 3 seconds is ridiculous!

the shield nerf is pretty good tho i wish htey nerfed its duration

drawkcaB

it's bullshit that's what it is :/

So my terrible math says she basically starts out with a bit less AA damage than most other mages now. Don't really see the benefit of an AA based passive if it means getting out traded anyways. Rather have nerfed something else, if there was even an urgency to do so at all.

Tom Shoe said:
Nerf the damn binding already, 3 seconds is ridiculous!

Rather they fix the graphics/hitbox first, but yeah even the numbers will have to be adjusted, although I prefer a slight duration nerf but a good mana cost increase on the ability.

EDIT: As someone who quite enjoys playing Rengar jungle and on rare occasions top, I wish Riot stood up for their initial instincts and not given Rengar back his stealth in the reword. Give him a huge amount of movement speed and stealth in bushes while the ult is active, maybe even a slight range increase on the pounce. Doesn't matter what the CD is, getting jumped out of nowhere is no fun for the person on the receiving end.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
The nerfs to Morg's shield are supposed to be their way of making her abilities less effective with just their base levels. Right now the binding feels bad because Morg can just max that and her other abilities are super useful with only one level in them.

So my terrible math says she basically starts out with a bit less AA damage than most other mages now. Don't really see the benefit of an AA based passive if it means getting out traded anyways. Rather have nerfed something else, if there was even an urgency to do so at all.
This isn't meant to affect her trades but the situations where the enemy simply can't trade back - melee opponents with Ori starting E have absolutely no chance.

The nerfs to Morg's shield are supposed to be their way of making her abilities less effective with just their base levels. Right now the binding feels bad because Morg can just max that and her other abilities are super useful with only one level in them.

And it also negates a skill effect on the shielded champ.....

zkylon

zkylewd
basically if you trade autos with anyone now it's never worth it unless you hit max stacks

you still have shield but u know, 525 range and 325 ms

feels like they wanted zed to be more viable so they just nerfed ori so he has less counters

Rather they fix the graphics/hitbox first, but yeah even the numbers will have to be adjusted, although I prefer a slight duration nerf but a good mana cost increase on the ability.
yup

i really wish they did a graphics/hitbox pass for all the line skillshots, lux, morgana, thresh, etc.

drawkcaB

This isn't meant to affect her trades but the situations where the enemy simply can't trade back - melee opponents with Ori starting E have absolutely no chance.

I understand the reasoning, I just don't agree with specific change. Ori is hardly the only ranged mage who can bully out melee mids at the opening moments of the match.

zkylon said:
basically if you trade autos with anyone now it's never worth it unless you hit max stacks

Yeah, that's what I figured too. Much rather they had gone with the old nerf a while back where E doesn't provide bonus armor and maybe pair that with a base/scaling change on E. More or less the same results vs. champions but that wouldn't fuck over her early farming.

Jeff-DSA

Why is it when I use Twitch's W on enemy champs it doesn't look like they're slowed but when used on me I turn into a snail?

I call it Vayne's Law.

If Vayne is on your team, she feeds and sucks. If she's on the other team, she carries and wrecks your entire team every team fight.

I understand the reasoning, I just don't agree with specific change. Ori is hardly the only ranged mage who can bully out melee mids at the opening moments of the match.
She's the only one that they absolutely can't fight back even if they wanted to because of her shield + passive combo.

zkylon

zkylewd

that's not true, champions like fizz, yasuo or kassadin have tools to deal with harass (fizz and yasuo passives, kass q) and zed can farm from a distance at level 1. all these champions can safely start flask/longsword and pots and be ok with it.

except for kassadin all these champions have kill potential on ori who has to get into close range to get auto harass off

also all the other mages can do the same. yeah they may do less damage but they also have more range and hard cc like lux or syndra or ziggs or ahri or lissandra or lulu or ryze.

edit: forgot about anivia and annie

brian!

syndra and ori nerfs

sweet

can't be unless gnar is disabled at worlds

he'll be disabled i think, but the patch notes are hinting at this being a worlds patch mebbe

xerath is still strong duh, but slamming someone with ur ult 3 times in a row when ur jungler or whatever ccs them wont happen and xerath + ally cc was part of why he was great since they are all skillshots

zkylon

zkylewd
Yeah, that's what I figured too. Much rather they had gone with the old nerf a while back where E doesn't provide bonus armor and maybe pair that with a base/scaling change on E. More or less the same results vs. champions but that wouldn't fuck over her early farming.

i would much rather they didn't go with any nerfs because shitty zed players can't deal with farming with q for a few levels

brian!

here's where they say it
4TL61hF.png

but yah i cant imagine that being the patch with no ali nerfs or more mao nerfs

also thanx to u guys and all the pbe postingz i have no perception of what patch we are actually on and thought a lot of these changes had happened already

Negaduck

If anyone wants to play some games later tonight I'm down. In game name is negaduck too.

Would love to play some games with GAF. Got a ton of delay from not playing so I'm like S2 right now.

Blizzard

Banned
This game is so silly. I forgot how short all the cooldowns are lol.

Silly silly game. Still fun though.

Completely forgot that you can surrender so a sudden win yesterday really caught me off guard.
You should have been around in URF (Ultra Rapid Fire) mode. :p Everyone got free CDR of something like 80%. Sadly I think I got to play that mode after they changed it so it didn't affect Sona. I didn't seem to be able to spam as fast as you would think. Then, they removed her completely.

Jeff-DSA

Fuck assassins, I don't miss them.

Assassins are way easier to deal with than high damage champions. If you can fish out and waste an assassin's main burst combo, they're useless for a while. High damage champions or high utility champions are way harder to deal with.

DeadNames

Banned
I would honestly go against an assassin than a mage.

Assassins usually have to get into melee range to burst one target where mages burst in AOE.

Although fizz, akali, and talon can rot in hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom