• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT7| She Ezreal To Me, Dammit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bungie's

they want you to spend real money, which makes sense.

what i don't like is how much runes cost. 2050 for movement quints? come on

Fracas

#fuckonami
I've been in his subwars a couple of times, its a lot of fun! He usually does them too late for me now but I always go back and watch them the next day, which division were you in?

Super late to this, but I rep the 2g bronze division.

Our game had a Nasus with like 70 stacks 20 minutes in. RIP

I expected to come in here and see a lot of posts with people's thoughts on Gnar. I'm shocked! Isn't he available now?
On another note:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YLsLGTG0jY&list=TLVUxHFaCYUaNLQH5QsvX8sMgYCWPmbRMC

Awesome coaching video for a Gold I midlane Ahri. Some real subtle stuff in there I have never even thought of.

edit: I'm not terribly thrilled with the "Oh my god what are you doing" comments from the coach though lol. He's gold I, that's what he's doing. Point it out so he learns and keep rolling.
Interesting video. I really like it, though the coach had a hard time sometimes explaining himself. Especially early when the guy asked about champs, and the coach explained why not to pick "unique" champions. He muttered around for a while with no good reasoning, though in the end I know what he meant.

zkylon

zkylewd
I expected to come in here and see a lot of posts with people's thoughts on Gnar. I'm shocked! Isn't he available now?

Interesting video. I really like it, though the coach had a hard time sometimes explaining himself. Especially early when the guy asked about champs, and the coach explained why not to pick "unique" champions. He muttered around for a while with no good reasoning, though in the end I know what he meant.

ls has some decent stuff but don't trust him too much

some things he says are actually smart (don't rush morellos with ahri since you'll only have to deal with swain by your second item) but sometimes he can be flat out wrong

i try to watch his videos on midlane as you always get one or two useful things out of em

playing dat Gnar. being called a hacker cos I have Gnar. lol
-_-

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
People are too poor from Runes/Skins to afford Gnar.

( ≖‿≖)

some things he says are actually smart (don't rush morellos with ahri since you'll only have to deal with swain by your second item) but sometimes he can be flat out wrong

i try to watch his videos on midlane as you always get one or two useful things out of em
One thing I'm confused by and trying to figure out. The coach mentioned something about a dade ward or something in a location in the river that gives view of a river, and also is placed well enough to give a peak into wraiths or something? I'm trying to figure out where this sweet spot is.
Wow I feel dumb. Thought he wouldn't be out for a couple days.
It's really odd they haven't updated the login screen from Braum to Gnar. Surely that will happen in a few days.

zkylon

zkylewd
People are too poor from Runes/Skins to afford Gnar.

( ≖‿≖)

arcade mf > gnar

One thing I'm confused by and trying to figure out. The coach mentioned something about a dade ward or something in a location in the river that gives view of a river, and also is placed well enough to give a peak into wraiths or something? I'm trying to figure out where this sweet spot is.

not sure exactly what he means but probably just above the fire thingie (if you're blue side) so that it shows like one of the baby wraiths but mostly the river

generally just knowing if the baby wraiths are alive should be enough to tell you if you should back off cos jungler's nearby

dunno how it'd work from purple side cos i can't remember if the fire thingie is there

clemenx

Banned
Any champ got its price reduced? I have 5000 and want to grind for when Gnar is 6800 but I wouldn't mind wasting 4800 if a cool champ is now cheaper.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Any champ got its price reduced? I have 5000 and want to grind for when Gnar is 6800 but I wouldn't mind wasting 4800 if a cool champ is now cheaper.
Volibear, but why would you ever wanna play Volibear?

garath

-_-

I liked his comments on positioning in lane, level 2 control (though that should be pretty well known by now), minion control with harass, taking advantage of opportunities, and itemization.

The other thing I really liked is how he was emphasizing the team gold. As keeper of the majority of the teams gold with a 6-0 ahri, he had a responsibility to use it not just to make himself stronger but to control the map through his lane and warding. Instead the guy just bought stupid shit and like 2 wards the first 40min. And roamed poorly to get syndra back in the game.

Lots of good stuff in there. Things I see a lot of diamond 1 and challenger players doing all the time without really explaining it. Us trash gold players just run around trying to kill things. Poorly.

Just played gnar against bots. He's pretty fun. I feel like his e transformation initiation move is kinda awkward, because you want to e right into the enemy to be able to land a good ult, but you have to e in front of them so you bounce into them.

dimb

Time to start banning Gnar in ranked for a couple weeks
From the games I've seen I think most players will be extremely unskilled and incapable of capitalizing on his strengths. Ban to keep your team away from him.

There's an attack speed item that may even fit well. Wit's End maybe?

I'm tentatively siding with garath on not using RoA as well. Out of the jungle Diana isn't particularly mana intensive thanks her passive meshing with SotSW regen passives so well. SotSW->Hourglass->Warmog's/Randuin's/Banshee's Veil might be better.

Yeah after playing her a little more and trying some stuff I'd agree about RoA.

RoA is a good build, but in lane it's much better than in the jungle. It means I can top/mid lane without needing the blue buff, and I can get it much earlier. I think for jungle diana it's probably a better idea to just either go full assassin like I usually do, or maybe substitute roa for haunting guise or even an early randuins.

Against all AD I tried building frozen gauntlet and was honestly pretty underwhelmed. I think the smartest build against all ad would probably be:

RoA
Sorc Boots
Nashors
Randuins
Zhonyas
Void Staff

Between the armor in Randuins and Zhonyas and the health in Randuins and RoA, combined with your shields, you should be sufficiently tanky. Randuins should synergize really well with Diana's kit and make her engages even better.

I think against mixed damage it might be better to go Abyssal/Frozen Heart/Liandries instead for the last three items. You would fall off a little bit without the Void Staff (instead relying on flat pen from boots+abyssal+Liandries).

I haven't tried building tear but I don't really play many champs that have built it so I'm not sure how terrible of an idea it would be.

I think for Jungle Diana the RoA build is better when you can tell the game is going to go for a long time. It's a waste to go that way when you're up 5-0 or something early on, rushing Zhonyas into full ap gives you a much faster power spike and lets you end the game early, where if it's a game where your team has a lot of waveclear and not many towers have fallen you might be smart to go roa for the late game.

I think Lich Bane is better for a full AP assassin build rather than a tanky dps build.

I'll be slightly upset if Riot tries to turn Diana into a pure assassin. Just based on her kit I think building her as a tanky ap bruiser with sustained damage using her passive and taking advantage of her mobility+shield+chase potential is a lot more fun than building her glass cannon.

I haven't tried it yet outside of bot games, but I think running ghost on top lane Diana is probably a better idea than flash depending on the enemy team (stuff like Gragas you would want flash against obviously). You become a monstrous split pusher with this tanky build. A lot of the usual suspects (Zed, Yasuo, Riven, even Jax/Tryn) can be 1v1d with this build.

From the games I've seen I think most players will be extremely unskilled and incapable of capitalizing on his strengths. Ban to keep your team away from him.
That's exactly the idea. He has a higher than average skill floor and it'll take a while before people figure out his build paths because of his variable stats.

Meaning he'll likely have a sub 30% win rate at release.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Not bad for my first game as Akali in a while.

mkgfBNE.jpg

Newt

So new MF skin is awesome. Played 3 team builder games with GAF, each had a Gnar on the enemy team. Gnar top, Gnar jung and Gnar adc. Every single one of them got destroyed. Built sword of the occult in the first two games.

zkylon

zkylewd
I liked his comments on positioning in lane, level 2 control (though that should be pretty well known by now), minion control with harass, taking advantage of opportunities, and itemization.

The other thing I really liked is how he was emphasizing the team gold. As keeper of the majority of the teams gold with a 6-0 ahri, he had a responsibility to use it not just to make himself stronger but to control the map through his lane and warding. Instead the guy just bought stupid shit and like 2 wards the first 40min. And roamed poorly to get syndra back in the game.

Lots of good stuff in there. Things I see a lot of diamond 1 and challenger players doing all the time without really explaining it. Us trash gold players just run around trying to kill things. Poorly.
yea like i said you always find something useful but it takes you one hour to watch it all and sometimes it's just not that great advice or just poorly explained

staying in lane against someone like syndra that can farm easily and follow up ganks very well specially if you're pushing against second mid turret is not the greatest of ideas, specially when enemy team has like fiddle support which is a juicy immobile target for an ahri (that should've rushed dfg) and can be turned into a dragon

like botlane is a really explosive lane that you should always be looking to gank as it can suddenly turn into a giant stream of gold of getting a kill + bot lane turret + dragon and even then a hard push mid. it's also really easy to get kills bot as people are squishy, immobile and overall weak.

i mean you can apply similar pressure to hard pushing midlane by just pushing it then hiding in fog of war to make everyone scared specially if you're like 6-0

dimb

That's exactly the idea. He has a higher than average skill floor and it'll take a while before people figure out his build paths because of his variable stats.

Meaning he'll likely have a sub 30% win rate at release.
Mini Gnar is pretty much the squishest champion in the game. I don't know if the meta shift we're seeing with so many assassins accommodates him.

Type2

So new MF skin is awesome. Played 3 team builder games with GAF, each had a Gnar on the enemy team. Gnar top, Gnar jung and Gnar adc. Every single one of them got destroyed. Built sword of the occult in the first two games.

You had a poppy on your team. victory.

Mini Gnar is pretty much the squishest champion in the game. I don't know if the meta shift we're seeing with so many assassins accommodates him.
He looks like he could be a decent jungler, but yeah having assassins back with shit like Nidalee already up top might be rough if it turns he's a laner.

Gamescom codes are tied to tickets and you have to enter them on a specific mini site, with them being added to your accounts starting August 31st.

the chance of you getting one is almost 0.

He looks like he could be a decent jungler, but yeah having assassins back with shit like Nidalee already up top might be rough if it turns he's a laner.

he's too squishy, no sustain and mega Gnar has poor sustained damage.

I doubt he would be even a competent jungler.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom