• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT7| She Ezreal To Me, Dammit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The cooldown on rank 1 Q is atrocious. A big part of Gnar seems to be being able to chase people while throwing/catching his Q in both forms. At 20/10 seconds with a 15% slow that's pretty much not happening.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
i8cgo3iHJ5lCT.png

Game is hard.

garath

So...about them Urgot buffs on PBE...

How come Trinity Force isn't built on Talon? The Sheen passive can do some respectable damage thanks to his AD stat and if timed well, Ability>Attack>Ability>Attack>Ability>Attack, he can do some devastating damage IMO.

He's not an auto attacker. Almost all his damage comes from abilities only. He's burst and get out (or get blown up). You need to get one auto in to apply his Q but outside of that, it's E->Q->auto (or Q->E->auto), W->R->gtfo OR R again if you're in the clear or to secure the kill.

Plus it's very expensive for the stats you're getting. The AP is wasted on him, he won't get the sheen proc more than once in a normal combo and the attack speed is pretty useless as well. Money better spent on more penetration or raw AD.

Tizoc

He's not an auto attacker. Almost all his damage comes from abilities only. He's burst and get out (or get blown up). You need to get one auto in to apply his Q but outside of that, it's E->Q->auto (or Q->E->auto), W->R->gtfo OR R again if you're in the clear or to secure the kill.

Plus it's very expensive for the stats you're getting. The AP is wasted on him, he won't get the sheen proc in a normal combo and the attack speed is pretty useless as well. Money better spent on more penetration or raw AD.

I see, I haven't used Talon in a long time so I'll prob. put some more time into him if he becomes free.

Leezard

Plus it's very expensive for the stats you're getting. The AP is wasted on him, he won't get the sheen proc in a normal combo and the attack speed is pretty useless as well. Money better spent on more penetration or raw AD.

I'm not really advocating TF on talon as I do not play him that much, but this should be false. His Q requires an autohit to function and will thus proc the sheen proc.

garath

I'm not really advocating TF on talon as I do not play him that much, but this should be false. His Q requires an autohit to function and will thus proc the sheen proc.

Sorry, you're right. I had reworded it poorly. I'm really intending to say he won't get it "much". He'll definitely get the one proc in a normal combo. Fixed :p

Just trying to say he won't get as much out of it for the gold as he will other items.

Blizzard

Banned
Not a great day to be grinding Master Yi games for the Assassin icon. Everybody wants to play Gnar top for the first time and we end up super squishy. Sad part is, Gnar should theoretically have good initiate! But probably not if you just bought him ten minutes ago.
You don't have to play the role (or even win) to get the icon, as far as I know.

Team builder has people are doing things like putting "support" for 3+ people on the team in different lanes, but everyone plays normally. I haven't heard if Riot is cracking down on that but I wouldn't think it would matter much for icons.

You don't have to play the role (or even win) to get the icon, as far as I know.

Team builder has people are doing things like putting "support" for 3+ people on the team in different lanes, but everyone plays normally. I haven't heard if Riot is cracking down on that but I wouldn't think it would matter much for icons.

I confirm that Sona assassin, Sona adc. the fun never ends if a random guys enters team builder and just nran aways at seeing the team funtions.

Edwardo

Not sure if it's true or not, but I heard if you don't play the suggested role for the champ then the match won't be counted towards the icon.

Tizoc

That glitch is hilarious. my friend used to play Rengar, so he'll be bummed to find that Rito locked Rengar out before he could try this.

Maybe I missed it in the Reddit, but what's the nature of this glitch or bug? Any steps one needs to go through to 1-shot?

Blizzard

Banned
According to that thread and one of the match histories posted, the more concerning thing is that it's not just Rengar. I wonder if they'll need a hotfix before world championships, though presumably it's a difficult glitch to trigger.

Not sure if it's true or not, but I heard if you don't play the suggested role for the champ then the match won't be counted towards the icon.
I don't think that's true. It should also be easy to check, since the client tells you your icon progress after each game.

drawkcaB

Yeah. I feel like he was saying it because he "knows" it without being able to articulate it properly.

My best guess is the way syndra's abilities work is minion block won't help. She's long range and doesn't need to close the gap the way a Ryze would. Also staying near the minions lets her harass for free when she's wave clearing. Not to mention being off to the side is having clear E potential as Ahri and trying to force Syndra into a more defensive position. Just a thought though.

Yeah, that's what I thought too be the specific situation he tells the player he should be "paralleling" Syndra's movements it seems like it put him in the bad situation. Dunno, might have to check that portion out. But like you said, I always thought against Syndra, Ori, Lux, Lissandra, etc. You don't want to let the opposing mid farm and harass with spells at the same time.

He really dislikes playing too passively. Which in this case there were like 100 different opportunities Ahri had to push Syndra out or kill her. Instead she got farm. Be more aggro, especially if you see the jungler on the map or have proper wards down. That's the message I'm taking from this.

Same, and it's definitely what I've been learning in my own games as well. I'm starting to get a much better feel for mid lane like I did when I was going through my support and ADC marathons.

dimb said:
Gnar's initiation is terrible.

Yes it is, but I'm wondering if this is really that big of a deal. How often are you going to start a fight with 100% fury or whatever it's called on Gnar? Seems like he's much more suited to counter-initiation and the 4s leeway on his form change triggering gives him the opening to position himself for GNAR!

Edwardo

I don't think that's true. It should also be easy to check, since the client tells you your icon progress after each game.

Oh nice, I didn't know it showed you your progress towards it. I can't check though since I play a lot of teambuilder and got mine quick.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Oh yeah I've been wondering about this: Any benefit to buffing his Q or W first?
if you buff W, you'll kill anything that pushes too far into lane because you can chase forever and 14% max health hurts. the trade off is that lvl 1 Q is basically an auto attack reset and mega form will sometimes be a hindrance.

if you max Q, it will do actual damage on a much more managable cooldown and you'll appreciate the slow when you're in mega form, but you wont have super amazing kiting.

leveling Q is probably the safer route because boulder and boomerang are both good with more levels but while hyper is amazing, nobody gives a fuck about a leveled wallop.

pigeon

Banned

This is true, but I'm queueing by myself, and if you don't queue with a role that is appropriate for your champ the queue time claims to be much longer. It's possible that that's just a well-meaning lie by Riot and the queue time is the same, I guess.

Edwardo

Awwww. Thanks for the info though :)

Bobby Bottleservice AKA Bobby B AKA Bobby Bruscia AKA.....Bobby Bottleservice at your service.

lol

Might have a better luck during/after PAX. If it's the same as PAX East was, Riot employees hand out cards with champion/ward skin codes on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom