• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT7| She Ezreal To Me, Dammit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cidd

League champions in general lack the kind of CC/Burst DOTA 2 supports are notorious for, so no. It's either burst, or CC, and just a tiny bit of both.

Ah ok, I guess I'll just continue saving ip and keep playing the rotation champs then. I should have enough for Tier 3 runes and some buy then. but it's so tempting to try out new champs lol.

Ah ok, I guess I'll just continue saving ip and keep playing the rotation champs then. I should have enough for Tier 3 runes and some buy then. but it's so tempting to try out new champs lol.

oh, actually try Brand. His ult is like Lich ult and his kit is really fun. Massive AoE damage and some cc.

garath

I might be misremembering things, but not all rune slots are opened up once you hit 20.

No, you're right but that's when you can buy Tier 3 runes and start building those pages. Just plop in the next rune as it unlocks. Most level 20s won't have anything so it's a big advantage.

Tizoc

I managed to won most of matches as Top Diana using this build:
RoA>Nashor>Frozen Heart/A. Sceptre>Whatevs
Tank Diana sounding good.

drawkcaB

No, you're right but that's when you can buy Tier 3 runes and start building those pages. Just plop in the next rune as it unlocks. Most level 20s won't have anything so it's a big advantage.

Oh yeah, didn't consider he could buy all the runes beforehand. Derp.

Tizoc

Reading up on Brand on probuilds, why is Rylai made before Liandry's? In general is Liandry best built after Rylai, because alone Liandry's passive isn't that effective?

mcz117chief

Guys, I would like to try out streaming and I was hoping somebody would come onto my channel and tell me if everything works fine. Just for a couple of minutes. I want to see if my internet connection can keep up, if the image is good and if everything works as it is supposed to.

Here is my channel

Thanks for your help :)

ps. Write me in chat to let me know somebody is there ;)

garath

It makes sense. If they announced it, then Riot says no, it makes Riot look bad.

I think they're a little fine crazy, but you shouldn't announce that a player is going to be playing in an organization before the organization says it's okay.

As I said in the other thread: I would like to see the official ruling where they cite the rulebook on this one. It's going to be quite the interpretation.

Einbroch

Banned
As I said in the other thread: I would like to see the official ruling where they cite the rulebook on this one. It's going to be quite the interpretation.

I agree. But if it's a rule, it's a rule, and it's a rule that makes sense. If it's a rule.

Rule.

garath

I agree. But if it's a rule, it's a rule, and it's a rule that makes sense. If it's a rule.

Rule.

Section 99.1.9 of the official LCS ruleset states:

Don't make Riot look snippy and petty in social media.

edit: I'm normally pretty on board with Riot and what they do. I think the way they've pushed esports forward is phenomenal but lately they've been borderlined insane with their inconsistent handling of "violations". There are times they are going to need to step back and say "We didn't expect something like this and we do not have a rule for it. We are adding such a rule next season but would like it known this is not a practice we want to see happen". Or better yet, speak with the team themselves if they feel they are in error (like Lustboy not having the paperwork filed) and show some discretion in how they handle gray areas.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
You get a fine, and you get a fine, and you, and you and you.

drawkcaB

Reading up on Brand on probuilds, why is Rylai made before Liandry's? In general is Liandry best built after Rylai, because alone Liandry's passive isn't that effective?

Correct, particularly as a rush item.

Leezard said:
According to the thread, the requirements are:
"Whenever a champion with a spell that enhanches a auto attack attacks a player with a sunfire cape and ninja rabi he one shots the target."

How fucked is that code base that this could happen?

Fracas

#fuckonami
Gonna go do a bot game and test. Might troll in normals if I can consistently do it.

I guess Vi would be a good candidate? Tabis + Sunfire aren't totally unheard of items on her.

Tizoc

I'm a little surprised by the stats on Sunfire Cape
+450 health
+45 armor

Whereas Randuin
+500 health
+70 armor

50 HP difference and more Armor. I only ever build Sunfire Cape after Randuin if I need more Armor, but that's rarely ever happened.

Leezard

+450 health
+45 armor

Whereas Randuin
+500 health
+70 armor

50 HP difference and more Armor. I only ever build Sunfire Cape after Randuin if I need more Armor, but that's rarely ever happened.
Don't forget the active slow on Randuin's.

Ferrio

Banned
Something that causes the bonus damage to rollover negative I guess which causes a massive spike instead.

Why Sunfire is involved I have no idea.

Ya... I could see how tabi could affect this, but sunfire is no different than any other armor.

garath

+450 health
+45 armor

Whereas Randuin
+500 health
+70 armor

I wouldn't ever build sunfire after Randuin. Sunfire first if anything and only if you feel the passive if valuable (most people will say no). It's an early game item. If you need more armor after Randuins, get a thornmail or something.

Tizoc

I wouldn't ever build sunfire after Randuin. Sunfire first if anything and only if you feel the passive if valuable (most people will say no). It's an early game item. If you need more armor after Randuins, get a thornmail or something.

Thornmail's better against auto attackers though, assuming their ADC is their only auto-attacker, wouldn't GA or Warmog be better?

Sunfire's big niche is to help top lane tanks waveclear effectively. Shen without a Sunfire will take minutes to build any map pressure once the wave is pushed well into his side of the map. But for pure stats, Randuin's trumps it every time.

garath

RiotAllen's response to reginald's fine:

Over the course of the 2013 and 2014 Seasons, we have reminded LCS teams multiple times not to announce players before they are approved by the League. All players must go through extensive behavior checks before receiving approval, and our paramount concern is that a player would be announced by a team only to be declined by the League. We want to avoid false expectations, or an assumption that a toxic player has been accepted into the League.
On July 20, the LCS was notified that TSM desired to bring Lustboy onto their roster. We immediately and explicitly instructed TSM not to announce the acquisition until they have received League approval. On July 22, TSM announced Lustboy as their starting support player without submitting proper paperwork or LCS approval. They went against direct instructions of an LCS official which is against the LCS rules. They are being fined for this rule violation (10.2.14). A ruling will be released later today.
To address some of Reginald's comments:
The main reason we want League approval before players are announced is to manage expectations not because "it would help the league ops team prepare for the changes."
We're confused on why an owner would think the roster change process is optional especially after clear, direct instructions were communicated to Reginald around this announcement.
As for sponsors, I want to clarify that we have two classifications of sponsorships:
1) Permitted, which require teams to notify the League that they have acquired the sponsor, but does not require approval. Examples of these sponsors are mostly gaming related such as keyboards, mice, headphones, etc.
2) Restricted which could potentially be controversial so it's why they requires League approval. These sponsors include food and drink, non-gaming websites, etc.
The LCS only governs the sponsors that directly affect the LCS team and players. Organizations are free to do whatever they want with their rosters and sponsors for their teams in other games.

So 10.2.14 is disobeying a League official. They're saying they explicitly told Reginald not to announce the acquisition. I'm finding it a little hard to believe they'd say that and Reginald would just ignore it. He's a smart guy. We'll have to see what the official ruling looks like.

However, whoever's right here, Nick Allen is saying they've had a problem with this throughout the 2013 and 2014 seasons. If it's that much of a problem, it should have been adopted as an explicit rule in between seasons. Pretty straightforward. Falling back on a rule that basically says "Listen to what we say" is pretty slippery. Also the way they've handled this through social media has been pretty poor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom