• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT7| She Ezreal To Me, Dammit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pre-made bots are letting me down, even though I do well at mid (not one of my stronger roles).

Thought I'd be going mid against Yasuo but it ended up being Xerath mid, Yasuo top, and Maokai support (???)

Maybe I'll get Arcade MF and just refund her if she's available at PAX.

Tizoc

Pre-made bots are letting me down, even though I do well at mid (not one of my stronger roles).

Thought I'd be going mid against Yasuo but it ended up being Xerath mid, Yasuo top, and Maokai support (???)

Maybe I'll get Arcade MF and just refund her if she's available at PAX.

Maokai support can work. He can poke with his sporlings, and if careful enough can use his abilities to deal some decent damage allowing the ADC to follow up on.

I don't think Gnar is very good.

He's fun. I won both my games. But... I think his laning is really bad. His teamfight is fine but he's way too vulnerable in lane.

Ferrio

Banned
I don't think Gnar is very good.

He's fun. I won both my games. But... I think his laning is really bad. His teamfight is fine but he's way too vulnerable in lane.

Can't you safely farm with Q? I guess not very well... but it's safe! Maybe have a rune page with CD reduction?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I wish his boomerang had global range on the rebound, like Cutter Kirby's boomerangs.

Would make for some sick snipes.

I wish his boomerang had global range on the rebound, like Cutter Kirby's boomerangs.

Would make for some sick snipes.

I'm still finding it awkward with the Boomerang's return direction. Maybe I just need to get used to leading it like Draven axes, but there are times when I'm moving across the map where it either changes direction too much or not enough.

Cidd

Took a break from dota 2 and been playing LoL a little over a week now, I'm lvl 16 with over 12k ip and haven't bought a champ yet. HELP!

Haly

I'm still finding it awkward with the Boomerang's return direction. Maybe I just need to get used to leading it like Draven axes, but there are times when I'm moving across the map where it either changes direction too much or not enough.

Part of the challenge of Gnar, I think, will come from nailing down the timing on the rebound.

There's a small window where it changes its direction, I think just as it comes back, and yeah I missed it a lot of times in my games as well. It's much harder than Draven's shit.
Global skillshot that costs no mana on a 20-second cooldown? That sounds problematic. :p

The AoE is tiny, the only people who'll make it problematic are xXxMLG180n0scopezGoSupRoSxXx.

And I think everyone wants to see global snipes as Gnar.

Tizoc

Can't you safely farm with Q? I guess not very well... but it's safe! Maybe have a rune page with CD reduction?

At best you could have 15% CD...by level 18. I say go for defensive runes for Gnar.
Then again it's still the first day, lots of time before we can find Gnar's potential.

I usually like magic users with CCs, the only Champ I liked so far was Morgona.

You might also like Lux, Orianna, Lulu, Lissandra, Syndra, Ryze and Zyra.

I'd start with Lux and Orianna though.

Part of the challenge of Gnar, I think, will come from nailing down the timing on the rebound.

There's a small window where it changes its direction, I think just as it comes back, and yeah I missed it a lot of times in my games as well. It's much harder than Draven's shit.

The AoE is tiny, the only people who'll make it problematic are xXxMLG180n0scopezGoSupRoxXx.

And I think everyone wants to see global snipes as Gnar.

With Draven's axes, after enough practice and when you get the rhythm right leading axes becomes second nature. Muscle memory really. It's a really cool feeling.

With Gnar's Boomerang I feel it stalls you in a lot of scenarios. Leading it feels off. But yeah, probably a getting used to it/mastery thing. Especially when you have to factor in Hyper's movement speed boost.

Haly

Lux is literally Windrunner.

Literally. Windrunner.

Einbroch

Banned
I usually like magic users with CCs, the only Champ I liked so far was Morgana.

Lux and Karma are pretty similar to Morgana. Skill shot binds/slows and shields. Lux even has a "pool", but instead of dealing damage over time you have to manually trigger it for burst damage.

Haly

Laser = Arrow.

It's no coincidence that Neki went from Aluna > Windrunner > Lux.

Cidd

You might also like Lux, Orianna, Lulu, Lissandra, Syndra, Ryze and Zyra.

I'd start with Lux and Orianna though.

Yeah I've also tried Lux ,Ryze and Orianna. didn't like Ryze or Orianna that much. but Lux was fun. I haven't tried Lulu, Lissandra, Syndra or Zyra yet. I guess I'll have to wait until they're in the rotations before i can even decide. :(

Laser = Arrow.

It's no coincidence that Neki went from Aluna > Windrunner > Lux.

Her arrow is more like Varus Q.

Although I really want Windrunner in League. CC, long range poke, 100% dodge and an ult that gives max attack speed.

I realise she's INT but man her kit would be broken as an ADC in LoL.

Yeah I've also tried Lux ,Ryze and Orianna. didn't like Ryze or Orianna that much. but Lux was fun. I haven't tried Lulu, Lissandra, Syndra or Zyra yet. I guess I'll have to wait until they're in the rotations before i can even decide. :(

Yeah, Lux is the closest to Morg.

I dunno if you like QoP but if you do Kassadin is lots of fun.

Ferrio

Banned
At best you could have 15% CD...by level 18. I say go for defensive runes for Gnar.
Then again it's still the first day, lots of time before we can find Gnar's potential.

Well you factor that in with his built in CDR of his Q and it should be hit down by quite a lot.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
I was running attack speed but not hybrid pen.

even still it's shit. Worse then W max Jinx.
it's probably shit against other ranged top laners, yeah. especially in a mirror match which would make the hyper speed boost useless. mirror matches are terrible in general.

whats not shit is auto-boomerang-auto for 25% of their health and you get to be a vayne with jinx passive after that.

Cidd

Also heard I should start saving for Tier 3 runes after level 15, so I don't know if I should just keep saving my ip until level 20 or not.

Haly

Varus is bad, kappa.

And not a waifu like Lux is.

drawkcaB

I usually like magic users with CCs, the only Champ I liked so far was Morgana.

Orianna, Lux, Lissandra, Zyra, Lulu are some others to try out in that mold. I'm not really familiar with DotA slang for the most part, but in LoL they're generally referred to as Utility Mages.

garath

Play all of the free ones as they rotate every week. You'll find someone you like.

This is great advice. You'll find a champ that really clicks with you and you can buy it.

Also, you should save IP for level 20. You will need like 15k or so to build out two complete Tier 3 runepages. Having that at level 20 will give you a big leg up for the remaining 10 levels and you need it for being competitive at level 30.

What meta does Fiora need?

Fiora's the best champion no matter what meta it is.

Seriously she's pretty good right now.

L0BzwAn.png

drawkcaB

This is great advice. You'll find a champ that really clicks with you and you can buy it.

Also, you should save IP for level 20. You will need like 15k or so to build out two complete Tier 3 runepages. Having that at level 20 will give you a big leg up for the remaining 10 levels and you need it for being competitive at level 30.

I might be misremembering things, but not all rune slots are opened up once you hit 20.

Fiora said:
Seriously she's pretty good right now.

She benefits from players having no clue what she does, like level 2 burst and having ridiculous amounts of AD in the early levels. Which is perfectly fine, of course. Playing low pick rate champions successfully has a lot to do with knowing how your opponents' champs play but them having no clue about how your champ plays.

Nev

Banned
varus is just misunderstood.

Nah, it's just that the genius designers of this game have been turning (and keep doing it more and more) it into something in which champions without any kind of built-in escape are automatically inferior.

Haly

Is there any Champion that is similar to Lion or Invoker from dota2?

League champions in general lack the kind of CC/Burst DOTA 2 supports are notorious for, so no. It's either burst, or CC, and just a tiny bit.

You could try LeBlanc I guess, who gets both Burst and CC.

From what I can see, Lion Q is like Braum ult and his W is like Lulu's polymorph.

There are no mana draining mechanics in League and the supports don't really have nukes. They tend to have more supportive utility.

You might like Lulu though? She's a mage that's very utility heavy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom