• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT7| She Ezreal To Me, Dammit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I see zkylon is racist against blue-skinned girls.

Blizzard

Banned
That squeeking noise is driving my dog nuts. She's looking at my computer every time.
It's because Ghost has speakers instead of a headset on Mumble. It's super annoying because not only is there the squeaking and background noise because Ghost plays in the middle of a crowded city street, but also anything Newt says gets an echo effect.

Nekofrog

Banned
It's because Ghost has speakers instead of a headset on Mumble. It's super annoying because not only is there the squeaking and background noise because Ghost plays in the middle of a crowded city street, but also anything Newt says gets an echo effect.

BUT IT'S NOT NEWT

HE WILL DENY IT TO THIS DAY

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
RiotAllen's response to reginald's fine:

So 10.2.14 is disobeying a League official. They're saying they explicitly told Reginald not to announce the acquisition. I'm finding it a little hard to believe they'd say that and Reginald would just ignore it. He's a smart guy. We'll have to see what the official ruling looks like.

However, whoever's right here, Nick Allen is saying they've had a problem with this throughout the 2013 and 2014 seasons. If it's that much of a problem, it should have been adopted as an explicit rule in between seasons. Pretty straightforward. Falling back on a rule that basically says "Listen to what we say" is pretty slippery. Also the way they've handled this through social media has been pretty poor.

I don't think they explicitly told Reginald. What might've happened is that it was in the contract and Reginald didn't read thoroughly.

Sofo

Speaking of Team Builder! Landed in a team with a Plat Zed who was so toxic. I got a kill that was his, and he absolutely freaked out (by then he already had 13? under his belt). Anyway, absolutely toxic. ._.

I don't know if he was trying to be funny? or playing the role of just an angsty teenager (?? Was in a premade with everyone but me) but kept using the f word and called me autistic shit, lol. I didn't reply to anything of that mind you!

Bleh, at least we won, and I'm 1 win away from 30!

Ferrio

Banned
Speaking of Team Builder! Landed in a team with a Plat Zed who was so toxic. I got a kill that was his, and he absolutely freaked out (by then he already had 13? under his belt). Anyway, absolutely toxic. ._.

I don't know if he was trying to be funny? or playing the role of just an angsty teenager (?? Was in a premade with everyone but me) but kept using the f word and called me autistic shit, lol. I didn't reply to anything of that mind you!

Bleh, at least we won, and I'm 1 win away from 30!

It wasn't what he needed for the penta was it? That's the only time anyone should get a little upset... even then.

Tizoc

http://matchhistory.eune.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/EUN1/918465891/205390904/eog

Won my first match as Gnar! Vladimr was giving me trouble up top but I managed to push my lane along with Yi then worked to push the other lanes. I didn't participate in team fightsmuch but when I did I managed to land some kills :p
My only issue with Mega Gnar is his slow attack speed, I think substituting Youmuu for Phantom or Statik Shiv would be better, but man does he benefit from Phage.

Sofo

It wasn't what he needed for the penta was it? That's the only time anyone should get a little upset... even then.

Oh definitely not! Most he got that game was a Triple and it wasn't when I was around. Idk, it was bizzarre, but I can't say I am surprised! The Vayne I was with was nice though, he/she asked me to be more aggressive and even if that got me killed (due to my own mistakes), it helped zoning, with my Annie. It helps that I tend to play with Thresh and the other support was a Thresh!

I think it all was because I was feeling particularly chatty, but mostly just being apologetic (forgot trinket at level 1, for like the first time since I've started playing serious!), making fun of them carrying me (which it was true in the end), etc.

Even with mistakes I ended up having a decent participation in TFs and overall input, so I am satisfied, even if I know I could do better!

http://matchhistory.euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/EUW1/1622753675/206655443

Would Zhonya's have a wiser choice than DFG? I could basically delete the Heimerdinger with a full combo+Ignite, but other stronger enemies took a bit more, so DFG helped!

Pd. Oh oh, I just remembered. He got aimed by Jinx's ult as well, and I meant to take it for him, to save him, and instead we died the both of us. Of course that was all my fault and he raged for that too!

CRS

RiotAllen's response to reginald's fine:

So 10.2.14 is disobeying a League official. They're saying they explicitly told Reginald not to announce the acquisition. I'm finding it a little hard to believe they'd say that and Reginald would just ignore it. He's a smart guy. We'll have to see what the official ruling looks like.

However, whoever's right here, Nick Allen is saying they've had a problem with this throughout the 2013 and 2014 seasons. If it's that much of a problem, it should have been adopted as an explicit rule in between seasons. Pretty straightforward. Falling back on a rule that basically says "Listen to what we say" is pretty slippery. Also the way they've handled this through social media has been pretty poor.

With the exception of the behavior check/player application post from Riot on Twitter, Riot has been nothing but professional. I understand where they were coming from though since look at the negative light Riot was put under after Regi posted that.

The issue began with the TSM announcement of Lustboy through social media. Then Reginald again, goes to Twitter and makes a post with some cheeky comment instead of explaining the situation. That way, he can get to reddit first and make Riot seem like the bad guy. Look at Hai, an employee of Riot, respond to the twitter post with something along the lines of "lol what", basically dismissing anything Riot does/did. TSM has been in the wrong here every step of the way.

Look at the NBA, fining the musician Drake, for allegedly enticing Kevin Durant to join the Raptors. If you represent a professional sports team, regardless of the sport or your position in the team, you have a responsibility to watch what you say. Hopefully Regi learned his lesson and everyone else takes note.

garath

Hmm.. Woad king Darius and Fiora on sale tomorrow..

To Woad king or not to Woad king.

And is it time to jump on the Fiora GAF love fest?

Einbroch

Banned
Regi just needs to shut the hell up and stay off social media.

In fact, almost everyone is the public eye does

I'm totally with Riot on this one, even if the rule is so broad it could cover almost anything.

jesus how many fines have they handed out in the last 2 weeks

every time i look there is one

also since when does being "toxic" effect your ability to play

thats not very sports-like

i mean look at the nfl

also einbroch: youd be fine with your brother not playing in ti because valve found him toxic?

Einbroch

Banned
Dota 2 isn't a league. Valve holds a tourney and doesn't pay a salary.

If Mason was being toxic at TI4, and Valve told him to stop, and he didn't?

Sure, take away 2% of his winnings.

drawkcaB

i mean look at the nfl

also einbroch: youd be fine with your brother not playing in ti because valve found him toxic?

A.) The fines for being toxic are to prevent players emulating improper behavior and
B.) if an NFL, NBA, etc. player was captured on video being a complete asshole to fans when playing with them (think the sort of kids' camps lots of these players for charity) you can bet your sweet as they'd be fined. And it wouldn't stop there like it does in LoL. They'd have media on their backs to boot.

garath

Players are going to be players. It's an esport and the average guys - owners included - are in their 20s. They don't have the benefit of mature management. Riot has a responsibility to be consistent and clear at all steps of the process. For all intents and purposes, they are fostering a brand new sport and a brand new league to support it and like the early days of any professional sport, there will be growing pains. The worst thing they can do is start to make arbitrary decisions.

If they have a problem such as but not limited to:

- teams making announcements prior to official approval
- teams abusing sub rules to skip weeks

Then you need to weather it for the current season and make a clear cut rule in between to address the problem moving forward.

Regardless of the team's behaviors, they are pulling other rules out to try and punish teams for perceived problems. It's worse when they've apparently been dealing with a particular problem for MULTIPLE seasons and haven't addressed it.

I hold Riot accountable because they are the ones the are creating all of this. They have the responsibility to do it right and if they can't be relied on to do so, then it will all fall apart.

I hate to say it, but you don't see Valve throwing dirty laundry out into the public eye unless absolutely necessary (there was something about Fnatic? recently I saw, but that was an extreme situation).

Dota 2 isn't a league. Valve holds a tourney and doesn't pay a salary.

If Mason was being toxic at TI4, and Valve told him to stop, and he didn't?

Sure, take away 2% of his winnings.

its not so much the reason they fined him (we told him not to say something and he did, that shit should just be on an nda and not in their "they disobeyed us" rule btw) its the reason behind that that i dont like

it takes time to accept you into our league

thats fine i mean youre essentially giving them a job with the salary and stuff

but it explicitly says to avoid "an assumption that a toxic player has been accepted into the League"

i mean come on

these people arent heroes

theyre being toxic by giving kids dreams theyll never achieve and turn a generation into college dropouts

also they do need more comprehensive and specific rules as this shit is going to happen more in the future and if they have to get all legal speak go for it at least it will be clear cut and specific

drawkcaB

garath said:
- teams abusing sub rules to skip weeks

This sort of derails the point you're trying to make. What was it, 2012 when the Spurs sat all their starters for a nationally televised game against the Heat? I'm too lazy to look it up, but I'm pretty sure the NBA fined the team (or it may have just been Pops) under some blanket bullshit "because we said so" rule. So there's the NBA, a well established sports league with years to iron out this sort of shit still having to dig deep into their rules to hand out a fine for something they didn't anticipate happening.

CRS

Regi just needs to shut the hell up and stay off social media.

In fact, almost everyone is the public eye does

I'm totally with Riot on this one, even if the rule is so broad it could cover almost anything.
Regi and others were told about this rule. He knew about it even though it was unwritten. He disobeyed that rule. Of course he'd get fine.

i mean look at the nfl

Professional players are employees and representatives of their respective league (LCS, NBA, NFL, MLB). They're also considered public figures whether the players like it or not, it comes with the territory. The moment a player steps out of line, says something inappropriate, etc., the league has the right to fine that player accordingly.

In this case with Regi, just because it's for a League of Legends professional league, it is no excuse to disregards the rules.

garath

This sort of derails the point you're trying to make. What was it, 2012 when the Spurs sat all their starters for a nationally televised game against the Heat? I'm too lazy to look it up, but I'm pretty sure the NBA fined the team (or it may have just been Pops) under some blanket bullshit "because we said so" rule. So there's the NBA, a well established sports league with years to iron out this sort of shit still having to dig deep into their rules to hand out a fine for something they didn't anticipate happening.

And I'm sure they took a lot of flack for it. But at that point the NBA was well established. They weren't doing that the first few years they were in existence.

Regi and others were told about this rule. He knew about it even though it was unwritten. He disobeyed that rule. Of course he'd get fine.

Professional players are employees and representatives of their respective league (LCS, NBA, NFL, MLB). They're also considered public figures whether the players like it or not, it comes with the territory. The moment a player steps out of line, says something inappropriate, etc., the league has the right to fine that player accordingly.

In this case with Regi, just because it's for a League of Legends professional league, it is no excuse to disregards the rules.

i mean we're talking about the nfl where you can beat your wife and only get a two game suspension and a <8% fine on your salary right

drawkcaB

And I'm sure they took a lot of flack for it.

Not really. It was pretty even as far as opinion went. One the one hand it was the end of a long road trip and the Spurs like to rest their vets, but on the other hand it was a nationally televised game and the sponsors and by extension the TV station were pissed because the ratings were garbage. Whole thing died down within a week or so once the talking heads got their fill. As far as I know, there still isn't a rule in place for resting starters.

But at that point the NBA was well established. They weren't doing that the first few years they were in existence.

But that's the exact point I'm trying to make. You said you think it's unfair for Riot to use such vague rules to cover their asses when things don't go as planned, that they need to be more organized. But this sort of shit happens to professional leagues with 70+ years of experience and they handle it the same way.

SteveWinwood said:
i mean we're talking about the nfl where you can beat your wife and only get a two game suspension and a <8% fine on your salary right

Calm down guy. It's not like he had a joint in his hand while he was dragging her.

a2c17d82d0071a2906ea352c436eeeef.png

what?

CRS

Did the NFL fine Ray Rice accordingly? I personally don't think so but that's the NFL's prerogative.

And Regi gets fined $2000.

Not really. It was pretty even as far as opinion went. One the one hand it was the end of a long road trip and the Spurs like to rest their vets, but on the other hand it was a nationally televised game and the sponsors and by extension the TV station were pissed because the ratings were garbage. Whole thing died down within a week or so once the talking heads got their fill. As far as I know, there still isn't a rule in place for resting starters.

This situation is a tad different. The players were still in the same stadium, shit the same country. Yeah, fans couldn't see the players on the court but the same couldn't be said for the CLG fans.

Einbroch

Banned
Is it that bad?

It's fun for ten hours or so. Then you realize there's only like four mission types, two of which aren't fun at all. And there are only four or five maps just skinned and certain parts closed off. And there's nothing you're building for. There is one end game "boss", and he's just a bullet sponge. And classes are imbalanced as all hell.

But it's a fun little distraction for a few hours. It's Diablo, but in space and with a fifth the maps.

Is it that bad?
Imagine if Riot just kept adding content to League without any balancing whatsoever meaning older content keeps getting deserted, not even bothering to fix year long bugs and changing the UI in ways everyone hates without asking for feedback like Facebook/Youtube always does. Also the game is completely pointless, with you basically running the same 4 maps over and over and over so you can get more champions and items but 99% of said champions and items are absolute trash and you'll just pick Lee/Elise in the end anyways.

Warframe in a nutshell

Ferrio

Banned
Imagine if Riot just kept adding content to League without any balancing whatsoever meaning older content keeps getting deserted, not even bothering to fix year long bugs and changing the UI in ways everyone hates without asking for feedback like Facebook/Youtube always does. Also the game is completely pointless, with you basically running the same 4 maps over and over and over so you can get more champions and items but 99% of said champions and items are absolute trash and you'll just pick Lee/Elise in the end anyways.

Warframe in a nutshell

Glad I spent money on it already :(

Glad I spent money on it already :(
I mean, the game is indeed fun for a while, but the moment you start getting bored of it just quit and don't look back.

I spent nearly 150 hours on it before realizing the game has no legs and will die a horrible death eventually.

Ferrio

Banned
I mean, the game is indeed fun for a while, but the moment you start getting bored of it just quit and don't look back.

I spent nearly 150 hours on it before realizing the game has no legs and will die a horrible death eventually.

150 hours is a damn fine amount of time for a single game.

Haly

Movies don't make you rage.

Usually anyway.

Nor does it turn your personality toxic.

Haly

Some people were just born toxic.

Like Singed Newt.

zkylon

zkylewd
i dunno i raged pretty hard when i walked out of avatar

and like i was in a theatre that was really far away from home so walked around waiting for my friend to finish watching that shit movie that lasted forever so he could drive me home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom