• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT7| She Ezreal To Me, Dammit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Negaduck

If they added an aghanims type item to league, how could it modify ultimates?

(Aghs for those not familiar boosts heroes ultimates in dota. Adding some new affects and usually lowering cool down).

Let's say its made with blasting wand + chainmail + pickaxe + catalyst.

Make garen's ult true damage and reduce cool down.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Global Lux Laser
Global Lux Laser
Global Lux Laser
Global Lux Laser
Global Lux Laser
Global Lux Laser

Edwardo

Global Lux Laser
Global Lux Laser
Global Lux Laser
Global Lux Laser
Global Lux Laser
Global Lux Laser

Lux.jpg

Blizzard

Banned
is anyone truly happy?
I lost my lane badly playing against an AD Sion, but I was still happy because there was an alien Heimerdinger on my team doing well. I laughed until I nearly had tears in my eyes watching him play. He is a funny champion. One time an enemy Lee Sin walked into the warded bush next to mid lane and sat there for a bit, and he died when Heimer ult-rocketed him.

Sofo

Playing normals with friends, lost a game that seemed easy win and won a game that seemed a definite loss. I understand nothing!

First one we were just straight up dominating, but we became obsessed with kills, our ADC got cocky and our jungle didn't jungle and ended up being 4v5 ._.

Second one, I was Tristana (ADC) versus a Diamond 3 Ahri and Platinum 3 Blitzcrank ._. needless to say I was crushed in lane and was completely demoralized. I managed to control my feeding (though ended 6/6/10) and focused on just pushing safely and farming so at least I wasn't useless in fights. Other team kept losing while I was pushing and the rest of my team were slaughtering them and finally we did a nice team fight and it was a win!

Sometimes I feel guilty because Tristana's skill level is so low and basically requires right clicking and keeping distance, but I'm not gonna lie, it felt good winning this last one.

I'm starting to feel confident on ADCing, but I still need to up my farming on early game. Even when I wasn't as pushed in/turtled by Ahri/Blitz, I was missing some CS!

(Aghs for those not familiar boosts heroes ultimates in dota. Adding some new affects and usually lowering cool down).

doom bot ults.

Blizzard

Banned
3 out of my last 4 ranked lobbies have had someone dodge to cancel the lobby. The one that DID go through had an enemy named "RapeArtiste" and 3 people apparently griefing at various times on my team, though only one from the very start (didn't want to support).

Riot tried the experiment with harsher bans over a 24-hour period or whatever. I wish they would try an experiment where they disable the ability to dodge ranked lobbies, while also doing the harsher ban thing. There are so many dodges, and it almost seems like you could strategically dodge to try to give yourself better odds of winning.

Newt

3 out of my last 4 ranked lobbies have had someone dodge to cancel the lobby. The one that DID go through had an enemy named "RapeArtiste" and 3 people apparently griefing at various times on my team, though only one from the very start (didn't want to support).

Riot tried the experiment with harsher bans over a 24-hour period or whatever. I wish they would try an experiment where they disable the ability to dodge ranked lobbies, while also doing the harsher ban thing. There are so many dodges, and it almost seems like you could strategically dodge to try to give yourself better odds of winning.
Of course you can strategically dodge to give yourself better chances of winning. Smart dodging is a skill. You're being stupid if you're gonna stay in a lobby with griefers.

zkylon

zkylewd
Global Lux Laser
Global Lux Laser
Global Lux Laser
Global Lux Laser
Global Lux Laser
Global Lux Laser

don't say things like this

you'll get me excited

that'd be a fucking terrible build path lol but probably short cd ults would do the best since they'd make the most use out of the item

i imagine someone like kog or corki that have very spammable ults and benefit from the ap and ad might do really good with it.

dont play gnar into assassins.

tbh, you probably shouldn't be playing gnar at all if you're interested in winning. he's got yasuo syndrome right now.

Blizzard

Banned
Of course you can strategically dodge to give yourself better chances of winning. Smart dodging is a skill. You're being stupid if you're gonna stay in a lobby with griefers.
That seems kind of like blaming the victim though -- players shouldn't grief. They acted as though they had a plan to go to other lanes, until one of them went back on what they said.

I would prefer that Riot provided punishments to people who grief, and I'm happy to take an occasional loss if it facilities that. Otherwise, dodging is allowing people to give themselves better chances of winning and pushing griefers off on other players, and I think it would be interesting to see how eliminating that affects players.

tbh, you probably shouldn't be playing gnar at all if you're interested in winning. he's got yasuo syndrome right now.
I don't look forward to gnar immediately post-buff, then. D:

Haven't played in over a month (Marvel Heroes got me by the balls) but I'm getting the itch again. Basically just due to TF. I bet I could start up a ranked game right now and get 20+ kills despite it being the first game after a month off. Fuck you I'm an anteater!

Negaduck

that'd be a fucking terrible build path lol but probably short cd ults would do the best since they'd make the most use out of the item

i imagine someone like kog or corki that have very spammable ults and benefit from the ap and ad might do really good with it.

Well aghs is the str+int+agi items and mana/HP booster. Those don't exist in league so the next thing is ad+apt+def with mana/HP booster.

Just a random thought of how to increase ultimates.

Orianna's range on ult increased or does 2 bounces to everyone.

Kog's ult leaves a small pool on the ground that does some damage or leaves a dot that does damage on who it hits.

Or get crazy and leaves a pool that increases ally movement speed when they run over it.

Having seen a lot of Gnar (partly because my friend has played 20+ games with him but also a lot in the wild) I'm not really sure what his strategic niche as a top laner is meant to be. He doesn't seem to be a huge lane bully, so relentless splitpushing, a la Nidalee, shutting down the other top, isn't an option, he's not subtle or precise enough to be an assassin, he's not a primary engager because he lacks relevance as a full tank compared to the competition (Maokai...) and nor does he have a revive passive like Aatrox or Zac, he's not much of a poke/sieger compared to the competition (Jayce...), nor can he play the kite game like a Lulu. He's certainly not a late game DPS monster like Ryze. The best I can see is that he has strong follow up to an AoE engage on condition that he's in his melee form (or ready to transform), but for such an intrinsically unreliable champion that seems like an overly small niche.

It surprises me because Riot has generally been good about making clear the tactical usage of their recent releases. His win rate today on OP.GG is terrible (before I get jumped on that people aren't used to him, I acknowledge that and it should improve some, but if everyone from Bronzes to Diamonds are finding him weak across 1000s of games, it says something - no strong release has ever had figures this weak).

Negaduck

I'm not a fan of riot saying what lane the character goes in. I would prefer if they considered them initiators, burst, assassin, utility champs rather than the lane.

Don't know how that could apply to league though.

zkylon

zkylewd
T_T

Lol what is this from?

for a short while there was a coop mode against mega bots that had crazy versions of their spells. it was pretty hilarious

Well aghs is the str+int+agi items and mana/HP booster. Those don't exist in league so the next thing is ad+apt+def with mana/HP booster.

Just a random thought of how to increase ultimates.

Orianna's range on ult increased or does 2 bounces to everyone.

Kog's ult leaves a small pool on the ground that does some damage or leaves a dot that does damage on who it hits.

Or get crazy and leaves a pool that increases ally movement speed when they run over it.
in general ad+ap makes any item stat useless unless it's overloaded with fun stuff like trinity force.

item sounds fun but probably too crazy for league

Why does he suck, btw?
He's too squishy in Mini form, too slow in Mega form. He has to build 100% tank to be useful which renders his Mini form pretty useless beyond being good at running away, and even then the only way he's getting to anyone in Mega form without flash is if he manages to get a 100% rage E bounce.

I don't wanna judge him this early like I did with Yasuo, but he isn't looking like he's going anywhere.

Einbroch

Banned
Wait is this promo live for na? What does it entail?

Not yet, August 26th it starts.

Bonus RP.

If you would normally buy RP in $10 increments (which is what I've always done) and it wasn't with this bonus, you'd lose out on 3200 free RP.

I think I'll do it then not buy any RP for a year or two.

Just finished a game and had a dino skin Gnar on my team. He was our jungler and died once early in the game and I even made a sarcastic comment like an ass because of what you guys were saying.

Well, he did great.

ZGvdXps.jpg

It's bronze so it doesn't count but whatevs.

Man, could've been an ez match but our Zed had a really short fuse and kept whining in chat. He rage DC'd after Yi took CS while Zed was back at base. Reconnected later but too late. They were soooo easy to hook as Thresh. They weren't really taking objectives nor did their support Nidalee buy a Sightstone.

I hate being middle pick.

zkylon

zkylewd
I'm not a fan of riot saying what lane the character goes in. I would prefer if they considered them initiators, burst, assassin, utility champs rather than the lane.

Don't know how that could apply to league though.
they just give a general idea, ppl then take the champ wherever they want. also along with a suggested lane champions get primary and secondary recommended roles from mage, support, tank, fighter, assassin and ranged carry.

other than that it's up to players to tell the difference between champions

you can have vi and amumu as jungle tanks and they'll fulfill pretty different roles in a comp even if they belong to the same position/riot-branded role.

zkylon

zkylewd
Man, could've been an ez match but our Zed had a really short fuse and kept whining in chat. He rage DC'd after Yi took CS while Zed was back at base. Reconnected later but too late. They were soooo easy to hook as Thresh. They weren't really taking objectives nor did their support Nidalee buy a Sightstone.

I hate being middle pick.

zed is a loser's champion

you pick zed if you want to lose

it's like shen or leblanc

zed is a loser's champion

you pick zed if you want to lose

it's like shen or leblanc

but i want to be like faker-senpai

and now i have a jungle blitz against amumu and volibear

i dont know if i should pick roles to avoid first timers with their oddball picks

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I don't know why I tried to play HotS again. I just don't understand anything about the design of it, and they seem pretty set on making heroes that are annoying to deal with but simplistic to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom