• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT7| She Ezreal To Me, Dammit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newt

that trist was d5.
e2c7226eeb8365330bd0e835299bfe00.png
In name only.

drawkcaB

Well ya you gotta do damage, but why the hell are you throwing you Q at nothing? Fun fact, alot of champions skills do nothing when they hit nothing.

You and I are talking about significantly different things. I meant an active on W that would affect rage generation beyond "deal damage rage goes up". For example, an active that would act as a small "relief valve" for the rage meter on a long CD to give the player a bit more control over when they transform (again, just an example).

Ferrio

Banned
You and I are talking about significantly different things. I meant an active on W that would affect rage generation beyond "deal damage rage goes up". For example, an active that would act as a small "relief valve" for the rage meter on a long CD to give the player a bit more control over when they transform (again, just an example).

I guess.

I personally don't find the rage mechanic in it's current state frustrating like a lot of people seem to think.

drawkcaB

I guess.

I personally don't find the rage mechanic in it's current state frustrating like a lot of people seem to think.

I don't think it's too frustrating. I think the overarching concept when paired with a cute cuddly animal that becomes this hulking beast is damn near brilliant. I just wish you could maybe give yourself an extra bit of time for when you really need it, like when a jungler is coming to gank.

Then again...I dunno. Maybe shoring up mini-Gnar is a simpler solution. I guess I just worry that if mini-Gnar is good, mega Gnar ends up getting nerfed down the line.

Ferrio

Banned
I don't think it's too frustrating. I think the overarching concept when paired with a cute cuddly animal that becomes this hulking beast is damn near brilliant. I just wish you could maybe give yourself an extra bit of time for when you really need it, like when a jungler is coming to gank.

Then again...I dunno. Maybe shoring up mini-Gnar is a simpler solution. I guess I just worry that if mini-Gnar is good, mega Gnar ends up getting nerfed down the line.

I was more worried about the mega gnar buff in the beta causing him to get nerfed, I think he's pretty damn strong as is. The added ap scaling I could see, the additional ad seemed a bit much.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Half of LoL-GAF just joined #TeamShyvana.

Burt

I was going to say nothing short of amazing for all of them, but then I hit Vayne. It's good I guess, but it doesn't do it for me like the others. I think one part of it is that I don't like the over stylized action shot all that much, the other part being that I just don't think I'm a fan of her character design. To each their own though. Shyv's is awesome. The QWE on Veigar's gauntlet is amazing.

Ha, I wonder how demoralizing it is for the guy that did all the original splashes every time these come out and blow them out of the water.

"Shit... I suck. Probably should've put some more effort into that Sion splash back in the day."

Subtle

I was going to say nothing short of amazing for all of them, but then I hit Vayne. It's good I guess, but it doesn't do it for me like the others. I think one part of it is that I don't like the over stylized action shot all that much, the other part being that I just don't think I'm a fan of her character design. To each their own though. Shyv's is awesome. The QWE on Veigar's gauntlet is amazing.

Ha, I wonder how demoralizing it is for the guy that did all the original splashes every time these come out and blow them out of the water.

"Shit... I suck. Probably should've put some more effort into that Sion splash back in the day."

i don't want to ruin the splash art for you guys, but the Q on veigar's gauntlet is flipped.

Nev

Banned
About time they replaced that godawful Shyvana splash. It was already outdated when she was released, I can't understand how they were ok with such a low quality splash for a newish champion. The new one is really good.

Vaynes wasn't as necessary though, there are champions like Anivia who have had the same ugly "in-game model over a generic colored background" splash from the damn beta who need it much, much more. At least they sort of kept the Lady Gaga face and not the Generic Anime Features Face™ that every female champion has in new splashes. For people who don't know, they actually had different, non-perfect faces. Look up Leblanc, Miss Fortune, Sona or Lux original splashes and compare their faces to THE shitty perfect face they all share in the new splashes. Sivir original face was so cool and distinct too (you can still see it in the Warrior Princess skin), shame they ruined her too.

I'm sure they're saving those for a complete VU.

Anivia doesn't really need a VU though, the texture and animation updates were good enough for now. Same for Rammus.

Ferrio

Banned
About time they replaced that godawful Shyvana splash. It was already outdated when she was released, I can't understand how they were ok with such a low quality splash for a newish champion.

Vayne's wasn't as necessary though, there are champions like Anivia who have had the same ugly "in-game model over a generic colored background" splash from the damn beta who need it much, much more.

I'm sure they're saving those for a complete VU.

Subtle

first time i saw the new shyv splash i thought "that does not look like shyv"

but it's actually pretty faithful to the model

GqshDOl.png

i like the pointier helmet

Neol

Feel like a lot of the splash arts makes the ingame models looks bad in comparison.

Mecha Malphite and Aatrox ingame models look terrible.

i dunno what you peeps are takling about the models looking like garbage tho

eva malph rocks
The textures aren't as shiny metallic as they should be

They should have made them look closer to Skarner's TU. Malph looks like he's made of candy while Aatrox is more a megazord than a jager

Bacon

I got promoted to silver tonight! its not that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things but i'm proud of myself. I got placed into silver 3 at the beginning of the season then plummeted to bronze 4 before i bottomed out. Then i stopped playing ranked because my morale was so low and probably played 100-200 normal games. Came back into ranked at the beginning of the summer and have been climbing since!

Feels good man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom