• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT7| She Ezreal To Me, Dammit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

drawkcaB

That's sad to hear

Yeah, I know. What I'm going to do is learn the role with other champions, then pick up her back up at that time. I've found with my supports and junglers that it's much easier to learn the in-and-outs of a particular champion once you get a general sense of the position.

I'd honestly rather they interview the coaches after the game (as in football/soccer) about how it went. They have to be so guarded at this stage since they will both be able to talk to their teams between matches.

Einbroch

Banned
Why is Susan not picked in the pros? He's so gewd.

Because he is not especially good in this meta.

Because Nasus can't scale with experience alone.

Lane swap would mean a 1cs per minute doge

He's easily kited by a team who is organized and actually works as a team day in day out.

YA WUT NOW

First you all shit on me when I say Lulu mid op, then she's picked and nerfed to the ground a few weeks later. NOW LOOK.

BOW BOW BOW
WOW

Leezard

YA WUT NOW

First you all shit on me when I say Lulu mid op, then she's picked and nerfed to the ground a few weeks later. NOW LOOK.

BOW BOW BOW
WOW

oh yeah I was thinking of this post at the moment for some reason (no spoiler)

I got some crow right here to eat

I didn't shit on anyone talking Lulu mid at least :D

YA WUT NOW

BOW BOW BOW
WOW

The last two points are the only posts with concrete reasons and they did not even apply to that game. There was no 2v1 and Nasus was never in any teamfights.

Einbroch

Banned
The last two points are the only posts with concrete reasons and they did not even apply to that game. There was no 2v1 and Nasus was never in any teamfights.

So you don't play him in a team fight and use him as a split pusher. He was still picked and successful.

That's all that matters. The idea of a concrete meta is stupid. I like this stuff in League. It needs more of it. And it can work.

So you don't play him in a team fight and use him as a split pusher. He was still picked and successful.

That's all that matters. The idea of a concrete meta is stupid. I like this stuff in League. It needs more of it. And it can work.

Yea, I agree. A 2v1 though would wreck him.

pigeon

Banned

Well, hold on. You asked why pros haven't picked Nasus, and the answer is, essentially:

* Nasus sucks in a lane swap situation if he has to go to the jungle
* When the pros weren't swapping, they picked a lot of bully top laners, who generally counter Nasus

But all that stuff has changed! The ADC changes along with a whole host of tweaks to first blood gold, dragon gold, jungle catchup xp, and tower effectiveness (that have been happening in bits all season) made lane swapping less effective, so teams are doing it less, so Nasus is in less danger of getting frozen out -- and Maokai top (which wasn't picked during the split until he got heavily buffed) can't pressure Nasus effectively. Dig took advantage of both of these things, AND swapped Nasus early to make sure he could get CS to start.

Nobody's arguing that there's a concrete meta. There obviously isn't -- it shifts all the time. Just the fact that it's different in different countries should make that clear. But there's usually an answer to why the meta is the way it is, until it changes.

drawkcaB

Well said. The fact that less than half the picks are played has a lot to do with narrow minded conservatism as it does relative champion strength.

nekofrog said:
it's almost as if the meta is constantly shifting because of patches or something.

Was there a patch since last Monday that I missed? I mean, this can absolutely be a perfectly good reason for champ changes, but it's hard to argue in this case. Nasus does well against champions that have neither the potential to snowball hard themselves, can't push him out of lane, and don't scale as hard or harder than he does. Last time we saw a good amount of significant Nasus play was when Zac ruled top.

zkylon

zkylewd
Just because Zeronis is (inexplicably) fond of smearing the image quality of his work, doesn't mean chromatic aberration is any good. There's no condoning that filth.

Also, further fueling the "pampered carry" stereotype with the bolded.
hey now it's not my fault

i'm mid lane princess, i deserve all the presents

peasants can have wight, killing wight's a bitch

TIL you can go from 80 LP Gold V to Gold III in one game (no promos).
yeah

that's how i went from g3 to g1

Yeah, I know. What I'm going to do is learn the role with other champions, then pick up her back up at that time. I've found with my supports and junglers that it's much easier to learn the in-and-outs of a particular champion once you get a general sense of the position.
i guess

who are you playing mid

He was picked as a surprise and TSM couldn't adapt in time. Notice how Zion didn't dare picking him again.

If he gets picked again and succeeds on a 2v1 lane then I'll be eating that crow.

drawkcaB

i guess

who are you playing mid

Ziggs (yeah yeah, but I love 'im) and Lissandra for sure. Likely going to add Ahri and Fizz to the mix. I can pick Annie, Karma, Lulu, and Zyra since I play them support as well. Truthfully I'd like to remove one of the first four, but unlike Orianna I don't feel they can be somewhat replaced by something else I play and none of them require a huge time investment.

Korten

Banned
Won another ranked game as Sivir... Though I feel like we should have lost...

We had 7 less kills, they had a fed Veigar and Akali... Yet we won? Like near the end we managed to steal Baron, somehow and kill nearly their entire team in the baron pit.

Anyway for now I got a 100% win rate as Sivir in ranked.

zkylon

zkylewd
interesting to hear what riot forcing sites like lolking to use their api will result in

* no more reading enemy runes and masteries
* no more knowing premade setup
* apparently replays from op.gg will still work
* lolking history stuff will still work
* live that should apparently be still accessible but without premade stuff and runes and masteries why would you care about live?

Why the fuck is ranked queue disabled. Every single day there's some random fucking problem. Whenever I wanna play, "we've disabled ranked queue due to blah blah". >.<

interesting to hear what riot forcing sites like lolking to use their api will result in

* no more reading enemy runes and masteries
* no more knowing premade setup
* apparently replays from op.gg will still work
* lolking history stuff will still work
* live that should apparently be still accessible but without premade stuff and runes and masteries why would you care about live?
So glad for that. Lolnexus has done more harm than good for this game, even though I use it a lot I'm still glad stuff like enemy runes and masteries is gone.

Why the fuck is ranked queue disabled. Every single day there's some random fucking problem. Whenever I wanna play, "we've disabled ranked queue due to blah blah". >.<
A hacker group is ddosing NA pretty much every day at around this time.

zkylon

zkylewd
i think runes and masteries should be displayed in-game

it's like being able to look at enemies' items, you should be able to have that information

Subtle

Are you sure about these two? You can see it when scouting with lolking and Riot said lolking shows uses the API as intended already.

Lulu and Karma, mostly. I give up some damage but if I need utility in my mid I can get it.

From Riot Sargonas:
One of the biggest examples of lost functionality I can think of is the loss of knowing who is in a pre-made group in a game, which to be honest, is not information we feel should be had in the first place.

He also said that they were against knowing someones runes+masteries so I'm assuming that's off the table too.

Link to the developer convo

zkylon

zkylewd
Are you sure about these two? You can see it when scouting with lolking and Riot said lolking shows uses the API as intended already.
yup, i just read them saying that a few hours ago ago. i'm guessing lolking uses a mix of the api and some of this scrapping stuff

Lulu and Karma, mostly. I give up some damage but if I need utility in my mid I can get it.
yea i guess

imo lulu's pretty boring mid tho, lots more fun support and top

Ferga

god fuck, sion is so useless

Why'd i have to get 2 sions in 2/3 of my promo games.

Did nothing but feed every single lane with mobility boots rush

Oh i'm 0/5, lets rush mejais after my mobils. That'll work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom