• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT7| She Ezreal To Me, Dammit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Subtle

Hello,

A guy (bryan-du-44) from a french videogames forum found something interesting, which seems to be a new game mode.

(original thread, in french) http://www.jeuxvideo.com/forums/1-19163-7128773-1-0-1-0-new-mode-de-jeu-ascension.htm

He found that in the swf file named "GameMode" there is something called "Ascension".

Is it related to the Talisman of Ascension ? The item description is : "Praise the sun." — Historian Shurelya, 22 September, 25 CLE"

Does it mean that, like the event the year before, a new map (Dominion reworked ?) will be introduced, with a whole new event ? (VU for Amumu ?)

When Braums buys this item, he says : "This has the smell of a faraway land. Perhaps I shall see it one day." WILL YOU, BRAUM, WILL YOU ?
from reignofgaming.net

Interesting but I doubt it's anything really.

Edwardo

NA LCS Summer Split - Week 8 - Day 2

t1405278000z1.png

Curse vs Evil Geniuses
Team Dignitas vs Counter Logic Gaming
Cloud 9 vs Team SoloMid
compLexity vs LMQ

Please use the LCS thread for further discussion. Let's keep this thread spoiler free.

TomShoe

Banned
You know that feeling when you're the jungler and all your lanes are losing and constantly pinging for help?

9ut8p.jpg

Yeah, I was getting that feeling. As soon as the botlane Ashe/TF said they were BF/GF, I knew we were done. It began when TF gave up first blood to Vayne in the first 2 minutes of the game. I tried, GAF, I tried to turn at least one lane around, I even got a few nice kills on Swain and Katarina. But it was just too much. Lee Sin whiffing Q's and dying in duels to Singed, Yasuo getting stomped by Kat, TWISTED FATE, I just couldn't do it. GG S@20.

TomShoe

Banned
Ah the works of buffs and reworks.

Showing you how broken a champion was once everyone played them.

Then nerfing them to a crutch like twitch.... and soon to be lucian.

Twitch is fine, I have 60% win rate as him

Blame all the baddies and metanerds for making it look like he can't do anything

Double post, sorry.

EDIT: Changed to "metanerds." This 'aint 4chan.

Blizzard

Banned
That's probably a term you should avoid because of the homophobic association.

At the very least you could say "metasheep" like Nev earlier. :p

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
You know that feeling when you're the jungler and all your lanes are losing and constantly pinging for help?

When Captaining the HMCS Stupid sometimes you just have to find the one lane least likely to drown in their own spit and focus on helping them alone.

Bacon

Loving Volibear right now. He's carrying me through bronze at the moment. 7 straight wins with him. No one expects the bite when they still have 1/4 to 1/3 health, i've gotten so many kills that way. I don't think a lot of people in bronze are aware of his passive either.

Tizoc

My friend got me interested in giving Mundo another chance.
Tank+Rylai>Activate Swirly fire= DON'T STOP THE PARTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

I rarely see twich players going invisible and corner the enemy.

I really wanna do that but I don't want to take the risk. Twitch is wet paper, unless he's fed.

I'm gonna be playing with a friend soon and one thing I could try is flank the champ from the side their support isn't in, it's much easier to do with direct communication.

TomShoe

Banned
I try to do that but depends if they can blow me up before I can.

I can do it well, reminds me of a game I just had when the enemy Tristana and her Alistar dived me under turret. I popped my Q, but I had to wait 6 seconds. Ali lost his nerve and went back, but Trist stayed, taking a few turret shots. My Q finally activated, and when Trist turned around, I popped back in and melted her before she could react. It's especially good for sneak engaging when your mid or top lane decides to trade with their lane enemy.

I really wanna do that but I don't want to take the risk. Twitch is wet paper, unless he's fed.

I'm gonna be playing with a friend soon and one thing I could try is flank the champ from the side their support isn't in, it's much easier to do with direct communication.

Good positioning is especially important with Twitch because if you get caught out, you're done. One tactic I especially like doing is to Q out and assassinate the enemy support when the ADC is away. Not sure if your elo will let you get away with that though.

So if the adc and mid are destroying the enemy team,my irelia is totally useless so spend the entire match pushing top and never take action in TFs

Arc

How does everyone feel about starting Doran's Blade on Nasus? I am playing him with life steal quints but having that extra 3% life steal seems big for me for sustain.

3% is actually really terrible, even on nasus because if you add it up, you're only getting around 2-3 health per hit, which is much less than 5 health on hit with added life steal quints that the old dorans blade did. you're better off using cloth 5 or flask.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
3% is actually really terrible, even on nasus because if you add it up, you're only getting around 2-3 health per hit, which is much less than 5 health on hit with added life steal quints that the old dorans blade did. you're better off using cloth 5 or flask.
why are you comparing new doran to old doran + ls quints.
couldnt you just use new doran+ls quints and still get more health?

TomShoe

Banned
How does everyone feel about starting Doran's Blade on Nasus? I am playing him with life steal quints but having that extra 3% life steal seems big for me for sustain.

Not sure how I feel about that. As Nasus, you're early game is really weak so you're probably going to take a lot of harass without a lot of options to counter. I'd still prefer the shield if I was playing against an AD top. The lifesteal might be valuable for sustain but you're going to be gaining extra lifesteal as you level anyway.

When are doom boots of doom coming out? it feels like they've been in PBE like forever.

Also, zkylon please post if you're okay :(

Leezard

Nope. Old Doran's was better in the early game. Old Doran + LS quints > new doran + LS quints.
If you didn't buy doran's blade before the changes you have no reason to buy it now as it's going to be even worse for nasus after the changes.

Old Dorans was worth more than 3% lifesteal the new one has in the early game, even after nerfing.

Old Dorans + LS quints would give you 7-8 HP per hit at level 1 considering 70-ish base AD. New Dorans + LS quints should give you 4-5 HP per hit, but it'll scale better as your AD grows.

Unicorn

So, I played a decent amount of Awesomenauts to get acquainted to the moba basics (previous attempts at lol lead to neverending failure). I still have 20$ credit and almost 3500 points to get a champion and/or skins. Previously I really liked Kog'maw and Warwick.

I'm now deciding between Kog'maw and Lulu as a future champion purchase. Any other Champs that are similar in play style that could be potential candidates for me? I've been looking at YouTube guides to get an idea of play and builds (how I found myself at home with Swiggins in Awesomenauts).

Leezard

So, I played a decent amount of Awesomenauts to get acquainted to the moba basics (previous attempts at lol lead to neverending failure). I still have 20$ credit and almost 3500 points to get a champion and/or skins. Previously I really liked Kog'maw and Warwick.

I'm now deciding between Kog'maw and Lulu as a future champion purchase. Any other Champs that are similar in play style that could be potential candidates for me? I've been looking at YouTube guides to get an idea of play and builds (how I found myself at home with Swiggins in Awesomenauts).

Well, it kind of depends on what you like with the champs as Kog'maw and Lulu are quite different. Xerath might be interesting if you want something kinda similar to AP Kog'maw.

Subtle

I like being ADC in my ranked 5s team. I can be absent for all of our theory crafting sessions and practices, and still be able to pick any carry and kick ass when we actually play. Feels good man :^)

Tizoc

Who do you get by Alistar's Mana issue as a support during the early game?
Well, it kind of depends on what you like with the champs as Kog'maw and Lulu are quite different. Xerath might be interesting if you want something kinda similar to AP Kog'maw.

You won't see them differently when you go up against a (Jungle) AD Lulu.

Type2

Who do you get by Alistar's Mana issue as a support during the early game?

You won't see them differently when you go up against a (Jungle) AD Lulu.
One mana regen quint and not spamming abilities. You just need to survive laning phase. You use his skills to counter engages early or follow up a jungler gank.

SeigO

Banned
Oh man some guy just trolled himself out of D1 on my team and I'm still laughing. He was D1, 0 LP and I said my typical "pref top/can do mid, I only play Jayce" in the lobby.

So the guy picks Jayce and just starts flaming me to be a dick, he was saying I feel ike playing him now all of a sudden. So I link my Lolking with a crazy high win % and he changes his tune instantly saying oh I'll give you Jayce. I had already stopped reading, so I autolocked in Yi and went mid. He got demoted to D2.

Type2

Oh man some guy just trolled himself out of D1 on my team and I'm still laughing. He was D1, 0 LP and I said my typical "pref top/can do mid, I only play Jayce" in the lobby.

So the guy picks Jayce and just starts flaming me to be a dick, he was saying I feel ike playing him now all of a sudden. So I link my Lolking with a crazy high win % and he changes his tune instantly saying oh I'll give you Jayce who do you want? I had already stopped reading, so I autolocked in Yi and went mid. He got demoted to D2.
Caught choking on his own troll poll. Diamond players so felxible.
Edit: too much evo for me.

SeigO

Banned
Caught choking on his own troll poll. Diamond players so felxible.
Edit: too much evo for me.
Haha I can play about 7 or 8 champs decently well at my ranking I'd say. I'm pretty good at a couple of the lower skill cap mid champs *cough* Ziggs. I dunno how people are able to carry as a huge variety of champs though, I have no idea when to go all-in on champs im inexperienced with.

But if you tell someone your preference and they pick it just so you can't have it and then they proceed to taunt you, well that's a great way to guarantee a loss.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
God damn LP decay. I just want to play more Divinity: Original Sin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom