• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT7| She Ezreal To Me, Dammit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, seems like Nashor might be core on him. 90% ASPD, 60AP, 20% CDR

What about Banner of Command? 80AP, 20% CDR, passive for his soldiers.

What's the base ASPD of his pets though? Do they have any ASPD/lv?

I haven't seen Azir in action and I'm just reading his wiki. I'm guessing his items would involve Sorc, Nashor and Banner. RoA for mana and beef. Rylai for more beef. Zhonya for afk while soldiers hit people.

I really like Riot's latest champs.

I wonder if Azir can jungle. WWQ seems decent for clearing. He also has a knockup and a slow albeit weak and short range.

So looking at his tooltips, it seems like Azir can still auto attack while his sand soldiers are out. I had figured that if a sand soldier was out, he couldn't do his normal AA.

1:30
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBHhD5Br0D0

He doesn't attack. He just points forward on every attack.

ib4 Azir Attorney skin

So looking at his tooltips, it seems like Azir can still auto attack while his sand soldiers are out. I had figured that if a sand soldier was out, he couldn't do his normal AA.

I like the new Rene model but his galactic skin (the one I use) no longer looks galactic. It's just a generic pile of armor with red bumps on the back.

Really disappointing. His bloodfury armor is the same way.

Ferrio

Banned
Maybe I should hold off doing ranked if it's going to be going down more than half the time.

Practicing jungle lee, team was doing great then threw hardcore. Really bad baron call that I tried to call off... nope they just kept smashing it. Enemy team came in and cleaned up. Lots of people getting caught out too.

pigeon

Banned
Is there a cap to how many soldiers he can have out at once?

Soldiers last 9 seconds. Azir can store 2 charges and it takes 8 seconds at max rank to regain a charge. With 40% CDR that's 4.8 seconds. So he can have 3 out max at a time, and at max CDR he can have 2 out for a really long time if he just keeps refreshing them.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Azir is pretty weird. Like, I don't really understand how the soldier charge works. Sometimes they'll go like two feet and other times they're willing to dash across the map. Once you get the combo down for putting a soldier out, charging it, and dashing to it everything on him clicks pretty fast.

scy

Azir is pretty weird. Like, I don't really understand how the soldier charge works. Sometimes they'll go like two feet and other times they're willing to dash across the map.

They can travel an infinite distance ... but will only go towards a point within a certain distance of Azir. This means they can dash from their max tether range to a point in front of Azir but they can't travel anywhere beyond that at all. Which leads to these weird times where you click in front of them and they dash backwards :|

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
They can travel an infinite distance ... but will only go towards a point within a certain distance of Azir. This means they can dash from their max tether range to a point in front of Azir but they can't travel anywhere beyond that at all. Which leads to these weird times where you click in front of them and they dash backwards :|
I don't know if it was a bug or something but it seemed like they were willing to dash pretty far out from Azir. Like...from one corner of the screen to the other even if they were close to me. Or maybe I'm just not realizing how long his ranges are.

drawkcaB

Azir might the funnest champ I've played in a long while. Love how everything comes together. Once you pickup a big CDR item he just feels great. He's definitely fresh air, even mundane things like farming take on a whole new dimension because of his soldier positioning. Absolutely love him.

The only thing I have against him at the moment is that there's a period between when the soldiers no longer follow commands to when they actually disappear that's pretty long. I assume this will get better with practice and intuition, but right now there's lots of time where I was last hitting creeps with the soldier and the AA just wouldn't work even though the soldier is still there. The "I'm no longer in use" effect of swirling sand is too subtle in regards to the soldier's base model.

I didn't find him to be mana intensive. A pair of Doran's and I was good to go. Rylai's might be preferable for his first big item over RoA because of the 15% slow application. Added bonus: I'm like 80% sure he's support capable.

Mister Negative said:

The way it works is that each soldier has an attack radius around them. Right-click a target within that radius and the soldier will attack it in a line AoE. Right-click a target outside that radius (or radii in the event you have multiple soldiers out) and Azir will use his normal auto-attack.

"Soldiers will AA even when Azir is out of range" is poorly explained. It sounds like they're talking as if it's a Zyra plant like effect where the plants auto-target enemies. What they mean is that if and enemy is in the soldier radius you can right-click on it regardless of how far you are from the target.

Ferrio

Banned
i don't think syndra was ever considered horrible

i mean i remember toyz saying she was crap but ehh

I remember back not long after she was released she was, and I was like one of the few that played her :(

I mean you can read quotes back on the wiki back then, almost a majority of people thought she was trash.. that was the sentiment here on gaf as well.

I mean stuff like this

her kit looks fine except that ult

single target ult without cc and poor range

probably one of the worse ulti needs buff

The "utl is too short of a range" was the thing thrown around the most.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
So when will the Double IP weekend start, along with the big skin sale start?
Double ip weekend is on friday i think and big skin sale has already started. Each day starting today has a sale on different set of skins so get while you can or pay the full price if you want them right away.

scy

I don't know if it was a bug or something but it seemed like they were willing to dash pretty far out from Azir. Like...from one corner of the screen to the other even if they were close to me. Or maybe I'm just not realizing how long his ranges are.

There were a lot of weird things about it. Apparently the range indicators for it aren't even supposed to extend beyond their range but you can drag them to their max tether range. Hell, if you put the minions too close to inhibs/the Nexus, they'll attack it but deal no damage so you can't even attack them.

He seemed fun but it's hard to be too sure since a lot of his skills felt awkward / incomplete.

zkylon

zkylewd
Like I've just DONGED on every single lane opponent so far.

Never played her in PvP until last night. This is amazing
well that's what she is, she's like the renekton of midlane, if you lose lane it's always on you cos every matchup is a favorable one

i'd say her biggest lane "counters" would be fizz and kayle who have short cd ways of dealing with synchan's ult. and without the threat of your ult you really aren't gonna be too scary post-6. i mean you don't necessarily lose lane against those two (i sort of shit on a diamond fizz today and i actually played pretty bad) but i feel like they're the only ones that should give syndra any sort of trouble

I remember back not long after she was released she was, and I was like one of the few that played her :(

I mean you can read quotes back on the wiki back then, almost a majority of people thought she was trash.. that was the sentiment here on gaf as well.

I mean stuff like this

The "utl is too short of a range" was the thing thrown around the most.
i guess, i don't remember my impressions back then as i wasn't playing that much midlane anyways. i remember not being too excited about her look which i still am not tho some parts of it have grown on it

i dunno when but rito costy convinced me to give her a shot and she's been one of my most played since.

too bad my winrate with her is pretty shit, i need to work on my lategame positioning with her specially as i'm 65%+ with every other of my favorite mids

Tizoc

Double ip weekend is on friday i think and big skin sale has already started. Each day starting today has a sale on different set of skins so get while you can or pay th full price if you want them right away.

Dang thanks for the heads up, I'll check later today grab the Twitch skin if it is on sale XO.

Azir's ult seems pretty fucking strong. Can't wait for him to come out, will be the first time I buy a champ at release.

Seems like he'd be a viable support. Long range harass in lane with his soldiers, scales with ap+cdr (most support items) and his ultimate is ridiculously strong peel, especially if the enemy team lack champions that can pass through it. Kogmaw + Azir lane seems like it'd be really good.

He also looks really cool. I bought 50 NZD of RP, so tempted to buy his skin on release, but not convinced that it's really that cool.

Think it's worth getting the warmonger sion skin? Looks decent, plus I believe he's getting a rework soon so he might become good? Is he inline for a VU too?

Yep, definitely got my mojo back. 4 in a row

ZTIpOc8.jpg

zkylon

zkylewd
Think it's worth getting the warmonger sion skin? Looks decent, plus I believe he's getting a rework soon so he might become good? Is he inline for a VU too?

yea he's getting a vu too, soonish i think

you can expect the model to be redone but the splash will prolly stay the same

Jeff-DSA

Yep, one win from promos and I get two games in a row with toxic players. In the middle of a break, hoping to draw a better lot in the last one I play tonight.

bokn

Banned
Azir has a little bit of Earth Spirit going on there. Which is cool because Earth Spirit is practically a LoL champion already.

His new auto mechanic will be pretty interesting to play with, especially in team fights.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom