• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT7| She Ezreal To Me, Dammit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Nobody told me there are Bots infesting Dominion.

;~;

Newt

Dumbest win of my life. They ace us, and minions take their nexus off one inhib. Teemo ftw. Also, that build was legit somehow.
7adb7af9218344f6969757f28ad6d1b8.png

It's a similar build to mc Chicken Wings, a Diamond Teemo main. Idea is to do hybrid damage and be tanky enough to 1v1 anyone who tries to stop your splitpush.

Newt

It's a similar build to mc Chicken Wings, a Diamond Teemo main. Idea is to do hybrid damage and be tanky enough to 1v1 anyone who tries to stop your splitpush.
Ahh is that so. It did work quite well, although I can see Wukong being an easy matchup for Teemo.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Do you see yourself split pushing a lot as MF? (Whole passive MS)
Split pushers are only good if they can escape once they're caught. MF has high mobility when behind a line but low mobility when dueling, and more than that she wants to be around to team fight so she can actually use her ultimate.

zkylon

zkylewd
Do you see yourself split pushing a lot as MF? (Whole passive MS)

prolly not, not the best waveclear and shit dueling, plus a minion looks you ugly and passive's gone

i really wish they changed her passive to not be affected by minions

Moments hunter

Neo Member
I just saw something what should be stream from Hong Kong... Hecarim top was ok, then I realized he is against Leona top.

Yep, and Pantheon jungler is using Zhonyas....

Ferga

I reckon gold is easy for anyone who actually whole heartedly wants to improve their game by realising their mistakes.

It's amazing how fast you begin to climb once you start playing to improve instead of playing to play or simply to try and climb. You start to recognise little details that can lead to changes in your play and mechanics.

Edwardo

Got a few mystery gifts from a friend for my bday today.

Union Jack Fiddle
Definitely Not Blitzcrank
TPA Orianna

So thoughtful too, he knew my love for UK Olympic teams, disguises, and Taiwanese lol playerz.

Blizzard

Banned
It shows up after every game. What else do you really need? I've probably earned like 3k IP this weekend.
I just wondered why they got rid of the icons that let you know if you have any boost games available, without having to spend 20+ minutes in a game.

The case where this is especially important is if you have a limited boost like 10 games. If you played one bot game for win of the day to check if you had a boost, you might waste one of those games and lose 100+ extra IP that you would have gained.

Someone might just say "don't play bot games for win of the day", but I don't think that's a fair answer for the community.

*edit*
I just picked Nunu top against a Fiora because I wanted to ruin someone's day. They had the headmistress skin too. I did ruin their day up through taking their first turret. After that, they caught up and outstripped me in farm since I am really bad at farming with nunu, even with iceborne gauntlet. They also destroyed me several times in 1v1 because they were smart and timed the ult properly to completely negate the damage from my ult. What's the proper nunu strategy at that point where you're ahead, but your ult can be avoided? Just keep poking with E until they are low and can't safely engage?

I thought about hourglass to cancel HER ult, but that would of course cancel my own in the process, leaving me without much net gain.

Sofo

*edit*
I just picked Nunu top against a Fiora because I wanted to ruin someone's day. They had the headmistress skin too. I did ruin their day up through taking their first turret. After that, they caught up and outstripped me in farm since I am really bad at farming with nunu, even with iceborne gauntlet. They also destroyed me several times in 1v1 because they were smart and timed the ult properly to completely negate the damage from my ult. What's the proper nunu strategy at that point where you're ahead, but your ult can be avoided? Just keep poking with E until they are low and can't safely engage?

I thought about hourglass to cancel HER ult, but that would of course cancel my own in the process, leaving me without much net gain.

I had no idea Zhonya's cancelled Nunu's ult D; I was just gonna suggest that. I've got no clue, sorry!

Blizzard

Banned
LP gain question:

Presumably +20 is the default amount of LP for a win, and you get less if you have a low MMR and the game thinks you deserve to be at a certain level. I may have seen +7 for a ranked win if loss prevention is turned on, and it kind of makes sense that they lower it.

That said, what could explain one ranked win giving 20 LP, and the very next ranked game, also a win, giving 15 LP? Would enemy matchups make that much of a difference? I would think matchmaking would try to match MMRs or whatever.

JesseZao

LP gain question:

Presumably +20 is the default amount of LP for a win, and you get less if you have a low MMR and the game thinks you deserve to be at a certain level. I may have seen +7 for a ranked win if loss prevention is turned on, and it kind of makes sense that they lower it.

That said, what could explain one ranked win giving 20 LP, and the very next ranked game, also a win, giving 15 LP? Would enemy matchups make that much of a difference? I would think matchmaking would try to match MMRs or whatever.

Your gains will shrink as you reach your estimated "true" mmr as well.

Fracas

#fuckonami
In champ select for ranked and the client is blanked. In my promos too.

Guessing if i close the window, that's a loss and my series is over. Fucking great!

edit: seems other people are having the same problem? Just got returned to the queue because someone didn't pick a champ

Burt

Man, team builder is so nice when you're choosing an in-demand role, especially with bot lane where you can't get straight countered as hard as solo lanes. Draft is optimal obviously, but I don't think I'll go back for a while when I can just avoid people dropping or trolling for the lane they want in champ select. Took a run at ADC for the first time in months with Draven and it worked out marvelously. Other than me probably buying more wards than the Alistar I laned with, anyway.

Korten

Banned
Anyone know how many walls Riven can jump over? Been playing as her and have thus far only found one that she was able to jump over. (Near the purple/red outer top tower)

Tizoc

7H6mNF1.png

The comeback is REAL
http://matchhistory.eune.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/EUN1/935173798/205390904

Early game through mid the opposition were ahead, and I died a lot. kARMA managed to go on a killing spree for a while. Eventually they had us with all our inhibitors down! We defended as best we could. one time Ez and Riven came near the mid entrance, Amumu stuns them, I activate Ulti+Youmuu and waste the poor saps, from there on out, it was kill after kill until we took their mid inhibitor, their turrets and finally their nexus. Freakin' epic win.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Anyone know how many walls Riven can jump over? Been playing as her and have thus far only found one that she was able to jump over. (Near the purple/red outer top tower)
You can jump over like a billion walls. If you can only find one you are probably not doing it right. Look up a video. Your third Q takes you further. Make sure you are using that.

garath

Man, team builder is so nice when you're choosing an in-demand role, especially with bot lane where you can't get straight countered as hard as solo lanes. Draft is optimal obviously, but I don't think I'll go back for a while when I can just avoid people dropping or trolling for the lane they want in champ select. Took a run at ADC for the first time in months with Draven and it worked out marvelously. Other than me probably buying more wards than the Alistar I laned with, anyway.

I've been enjoying team builder too. I'm rusty as hell and want to try new jungle champs and team builder has been real easy to get games with almost no hostility (even after whiffing like 3 fiddle ults Lol). I feel a little bad though. With no MMR at all, there are some really poor players in the game that just get crushed.

Korten

Banned
You can jump over like a billion walls. If you can only find one you are probably not doing it right. Look up a video. Your third Q takes you further. Make sure you are using that.

Most walls for me make Riven just jump to the side...

Le sigh just had a terrible game of Team Builder. I'm a new Riven, probably around 10 games. You know what I go up against. A Teemo, but not any Teemo, a Diamond V Teemo. Like that even fair...

Fuzzery

Split pushers are only good if they can escape once they're caught. MF has high mobility when behind a line but low mobility when dueling, and more than that she wants to be around to team fight so she can actually use her ultimate.

Who needs to escape? Split push morde hueuehuheuehu

you should probably stop listening to what i have to say the closer you to get to gold or you'll have a bad time.

Lies, listen to this man's word like gospel

Fracas

#fuckonami
Every single promo game I just get absolute morons. Now I remember why I stopped playing ranked. Just gonna start dodging every time bronze udyr is on my team.

Blizzard

Banned
Every single promo game I just get absolute morons. Now I remember why I stopped playing ranked. Just gonna start dodging every time bronze udyr is on my team.
In theory sometimes the other team will get morons too, unless Riot is singling you out because they hate you. That seems unlikely (there are way too many players for Riot employees to hold many grudges), so if you keep playing statistics should even out. It took me 5+ promotion series in a week or so once to gain one level.

TomShoe

Banned
STR8 MRKN UP IN THIS

yGv04.jpg

9raLG.jpg

Very back and forth match. I was stomping botlane, but after laning phase, every time I went back to farm and push lane, the other team would find some way to force an engage. The big turning point was around 36:30 when I saw that they were on our inhib. I was rotating back when Lee engaged. I fight ensued. Lee kills Morg, Vayne kills Lee, Hecarim kills Nid. This is bad. 3 squishies trying to defend base. At least Yas and Vayne are low.

All three of us move in and engage, I pop my ult, and the thing that wins us the match is Hecarim focusing Shaco instead of me. I quickly assassinate Yas (very fed) and shred Hec before he kills Shaco. Shaco then keeps Vayne from killing me and we clean up with Kog. We snowball from there, GG.

Also this:

*Mid inhib down, everyone except Kog mid*

Kog: Push outer lanes
Shaco: Why? That's dumb.
Kog: Because we're vulnerable mid

*facepalm* That's why we're mid, duh.

Fracas

#fuckonami
In theory sometimes the other team will get morons too, unless Riot is singling you out because they hate you. That seems unlikely (there are way too many players for Riot employees to hold many grudges), so if you keep playing statistics should even out. It took me 5+ promotion series in a week or so once to gain one level.
I know, it's just this weekend especially. Dong in regular ranked games, teammates are fine. Then I get to promos and there's an argument in champ select about who's going where and I end up with Katarina support because apparently Malzahar counters Nidalee (this is bronze ffs, counters don't exist).

Then last match our ADC just kept getting caught and blaming their Annie for being broken as fuck. But whatever, I know I can improve. If I'm better than my rank, I'll carry games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom