• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT7| She Ezreal To Me, Dammit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

this just isn't true

if you dodge in promos you just lose that specific game

IIRC if you dodge a que and you are in your promo series, you get kicked out of the promo series regardless whether you won a match. Which should knock you down to 50 LP.

Newt

Promos to dia 3! "I'll fight for a cause, I won't die for one."
17d3b65e60021f3208f94aeddee5f765.png

I'll ask again, has anyone been having trouble with lag spikes and DCing today? I moved back to school and set up my computer on the network and I'm getting major lag spikes and disconnecting all the time. Friends here are getting it too. Haven't been able to test it with a wired connection yet so maybe it's just the wifi, but it's very odd since I've been able to play league at school before with no trouble whatsoever.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Anyone get the newest PBE glitch? Patch download always stops with 229mb left. Apparently I'm not the only one. No idea how to fix it.

Einbroch

Banned
Running into the same issue again with 3v3 that we ran into last season. We're fighting against diamond+ teams. They need to translate solo queue and 5v5 team MMR to 3v3 in some way. I mean, we're silver. Gold? Fine. Plat? Okay. But diamond? It's never even a contest.

Sigh. Just like last year, we get to promos and it takes 20+ games to get to gold.

zkylon

zkylewd
Running into the same issue again with 3v3 that we ran into last season. We're fighting against diamond+ teams. They need to translate solo queue and 5v5 team MMR to 3v3 in some way. I mean, we're silver. Gold? Fine. Plat? Okay. But diamond? It's never even a contest.

Sigh. Just like last year, we get to promos and it takes 20+ games to get to gold.

ranked teams matchmaking is pretty crap, specially cos a lot of people play in very uneven teams (like you'll find a diamond, 2 golds and then a bronze and a silver 5 or something) so they really fuck up your possibilities of getting good games (either you stomp their lesser lanes or diamond gets super camped and splitpushes all day, etc.). imo they should add the same restrictions as duo qeueing, if you want to play with your not-so-good friends that's what normals are there for

i dunno about 3v3s, there's probably not that many ppl playing 3v3 to find decent games unfortunately

DeadNames

Banned
I'm sorry but Tristana is so egregiously overpowered. She has literally zero weaknesses. Fuck this champion and may God smite those assholes who don't ban/pick her.

Einbroch

Banned
ranked teams matchmaking is pretty crap, specially cos a lot of people play in very uneven teams (like you'll find a diamond, 2 golds and then a bronze and a silver 5 or something) so they really fuck up your possibilities of getting good games (either you stomp their lesser lanes or diamond gets super camped and splitpushes all day, etc.). imo they should add the same restrictions as duo qeueing, if you want to play with your not-so-good friends that's what normals are there for

i dunno about 3v3s, there's probably not that many ppl playing 3v3 to find decent games unfortunately

It's never that, though. It's always three diamonds, or two diamonds and a plat. I would gladly wait 15 minutes for an even game than the 30 seconds for a game that's over before it even begins.

I don't even like 3v3 for this reason, but my friend can't get gold on his own so we have to play 3v3 and it's frustrating. Oh well.

Newt

It's never that, though. It's always three diamonds, or two diamonds and a plat. I would gladly wait 15 minutes for an even game than the 30 seconds for a game that's over before it even begins.

I don't even like 3v3 for this reason, but my friend can't get gold on his own so we have to play 3v3 and it's frustrating. Oh well.
Just get your friend gold in duo q.

zkylon

zkylewd
I'm sorry but Tristana is so egregiously overpowered. She has literally zero weaknesses. Fuck this champion and may God smite those assholes who don't ban/pick her.

ibd9ADkkCBUNs9.gif

i was following until the last part

why do u hate me :<

i agree completely. i'll always take higher queue times (within reason) in exchange for better games

all i want is good games, i don't want to win every game, i just don't want games to be stomps one way or the other.

zkylon

zkylewd
I can't. He sucks too hard. If there are two of us, we have a chance. I mean, I'm a gold player. I ain't that good.
lol

well 3v3s don't seem to be too successful

can't you guys do 5v5s? i actually get placed pretty low in 5v5 teams but we're getting gold for like my brother that only plays like two champions

zky I like how you have a zoey deschanel gif for everything. she's my bae <333
i try >:3

tbh i have almost nothing new girl cos i can't stand that show but i might just play it on netflix in the background while coding and just alt tab when i hear her voice to grab some gifs

if anything that show is all about cute zooey faces

but yeah fuck tristana and anyone who likes her.
no disagreements from me here

my personal belief is remove everything about her except her passive but and lower her base range to 525. complete rework

pigeon

Banned
zky I like how you have a zoey deschanel gif for everything. she's my bae <333

but yeah fuck tristana and anyone who likes her.

I LIKED HER BEFORE SHE WAS COOL

At this point I am resigned to her catching a nerf really soon. I kind of like the concept of lowering her base range and increasing her range per level -- this might let her keep her good base damages, so that she is still dangerous at level 1/2, but has to walk up to 525 or so to do it.

They should probably lower her dumb AP ratios quite a bit too :(

zkylon

zkylewd
I LIKED HER BEFORE SHE WAS COOL

At this point I am resigned to her catching a nerf really soon. I kind of like the concept of lowering her base range and increasing her range per level -- this might let her keep her good base damages, so that she is still dangerous at level 1/2, but has to walk up to 525 or so to do it.

They should probably lower her dumb AP ratios quite a bit too :(
it's just a shitty kit with uninteresting spells and frustrating mechanics. like buffed kog is pretty bullshit too but at least he's got a kit with like weird shit in it

trist has like the most weird kit ever lol, why does an adc have all ap scaling spells with a targeted dot grievous wounds thing? so bizarre

but like things you can say are key to trist for rework:
- crazy range passive
- hypercarry
- weird farming with e passive
- maybe resets

and just build her a new kit around this.

more proof games are decided on whose ADC is better.

cmon dude don't go all wrongnames on me here

for better or worse unless mega fed in lane adcs shouldn't mean shit in your games (well i'm exaggerating but u know, totally not what you're saying)

DeadNames

Banned
She can't have

- long ass resetting jump
- long range AOE knockback
- and longest AA range

all in one kit. There needs to be some weakness to abuse.

Riot now, she's untouchable by both melees and ranged champions alike.

IMO get rid of her resets and ult.

zkylon

zkylewd
I should use Yasuo support to get to gold on a smurf, just to prove you wrong.
oh i dunno i think yasuu don't carry like trist does lol

how about vayne mid

my friends say i should play lucy mid but i'm biased against (ugly) adcs

She can't have

- and longest AA range

if u get rid of those two things you might as well remove everything else :p

tbh i think just do full rework, keep the interesting parts of the keep (weird lasthitting, extending range) and just destroy everything else

do it, and carry me :^)

spoiler: it don't work!

never duo with a yasuu

Tizoc

Yikes reading up on that Soraka rework, her passive will reduce any bonus MR or Armor. In Frozen Heart's case, she gets 80 Armor and the 20 Armor is converted into AP.
"EDIT: If it wasn't clear from the tooltip, this is a literal conversion of MR/Armor into AP. She does not get AP as a bonus on top of the MR/Armor. Frozen Heart will give 80% of its normal armor value to her, but she gets the other 20% in AP and still gets the passive effect."
http://www.surrenderat20.net/2014/08/red-post-collection-clarification-on.html

Ferga

It's amazing how different mid-late game timers are

Mid game for me is 20min-30min

Late game is later than 30mins because a lot of people generally have 5 items

Ferga

It's just I never thought of the whole mid and late game being different between elos

Don't know why I never thought of it

pigeon

Banned
it's just a shitty kit with uninteresting spells and frustrating mechanics. like buffed kog is pretty bullshit too but at least he's got a kit with like weird shit in it

trist has like the most weird kit ever lol, why does an adc have all ap scaling spells with a targeted dot grievous wounds thing? so bizarre

but like things you can say are key to trist for rework:
- crazy range passive
- hypercarry
- weird farming with e passive
- maybe resets

and just build her a new kit around this.

She can't have

- and longest AA range

See, I feel like most people's visions for Tristana involve making her into Kog'Maw -- long-range hyper carry, weak early, no escapes. There's not much point in just making her Kog when Kog already exists.

If I were to rework Trist, I'd keep passive, Q, W basically as they are. Everything else is just other buttons.

For a super cheap rework I'd say, drop her base range to 525 (and increase her passive), remove the active on her E and make it a toggle instead, and drop the knockback on R entirely and make it a skillshot. (E passive and R probably get AD ratios.)

Now Trist has less poke than every ADC in the game early and has to play incredibly carefully, but unlike Kog/Vayne has an escape to keep her out of trouble while she does so.

Sofo

Does anyone have the win ratio of Tristana in the LCS in this season? I like using her, but it's true that it feels a bit of a bullshit champion. Even if you have a rough lane, just manage to farm a bit and you're back in the game*!

*from my experiences with not ranked games that is. h3h3h3h3

Tizoc

Think I'll get Miss Fortune, although I'm curious as to something:
Would Wit's End work with her W passive? Or does activating W disable her passive?

Just because they're diamond doesn't mean they're any good at 3v3. In my plat ELO 3v3 team (that has decayed all the way to gold v cos we don't have a top laner anymore Q_Q) I've dumpstered scores of diamond solo Q players because we played the map much better than them.

We have the unfortunate issue when we do get to play of getting matched with diamond and challenger 3v3 players in placements at times though, which sucks. Makes going 5-0 in placements on a team pretty hard.

Tizoc

I don't have access to the ADC image a GAFfer posted before but this should be my item route for Miss Fortune correct?
2 Dorans>Inf. Edge>LW>Statik>Bloodthirster>Armor

Replace Statik with Trinity only if I end up having being fed like crazy.

Quenk

I don't have access to the ADC image a GAFfer posted before but this should be my item route for Miss Fortune correct?
2 Dorans>Inf. Edge>LW>Statik>Bloodthirster>Armor

Replace Statik with Trinity only if I end up having being fed like crazy.

I'm not sure if this is the same image but this was gosu's guide from a few patches ago:

kAodGGp.png

Nekofrog

Banned
fuck the haters

one day quinn will RISE TO THE TOP

and who will be laughing then

NOBODY

because EVERYONE WILL QUINN IT TO WIN IT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom