• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT7| She Ezreal To Me, Dammit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure if this is the same image but this was gosu's guide from a few patches ago:

kAodGGp.png

Rush Trinity Force on Kog'Maw first.
And isn't bloodthirster not worth it anymore under the current meta?

Leezard

Bloodthirster is an ok item on many adcs. You just don't want to rush it as your first, second or sometimes even third item.

Einbroch

Banned
Just because they're diamond doesn't mean they're any good at 3v3. In my plat ELO 3v3 team (that has decayed all the way to gold v cos we don't have a top laner anymore Q_Q) I've dumpstered scores of diamond solo Q players because we played the map much better than them.

We have the unfortunate issue when we do get to play of getting matched with diamond and challenger 3v3 players in placements at times though, which sucks. Makes going 5-0 in placements on a team pretty hard.
You just said you had a plat ELO team. We're silver. Lanes are 1v1, we have no chance.

Three tiers is a lot. It's not fun.

You just said you had a plat ELO team. We're silver. Lanes are 1v1, we have no chance.

Three tiers is a lot. It's not fun.

plat elo 3 v 3 team, but we're all silver in solo q.

that's my point. You don't need to be diamond in solo q to beat diamond solo q players.

Just knowing the map and how it's played will give you a massive advantage over those diamond solo q players who think 3v3 is piss easy.

edit: unless I'm mistaken you're playing against actual diamond 3v3 teams, not diamond solo q players in 3v3, in which case: how long are your queue times?

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Mind explaining this meta please?
with R and W you can get proc's off from a pretty decent range.
as for BT not being worth it, it's mostly to do with its cost, general stat nerf compared to ie's buff and its passive needing to be charged.

Leezard

Seeming I have been inactive for too long and I am now demoted. I am no longer in Ryze's American Eagles, now I am in Nasus's Agents. I didn't know you changed league names when inactive.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
fuck the haters

one day quinn will RISE TO THE TOP

and who will be laughing then

NOBODY

because EVERYONE WILL QUINN IT TO WIN IT

Quinn belongs Top or Jungle - ruining everyone's day with crossmap R nukes

Everytime I see an enemy tristana I never bothered to focus on her but her support unless the support is a tank or morg, bot line is doomed and wait for the jungle to do something.

huh it's the skin they launched latin american server with and it's literally based on some whatever mexican myth shit.

Dude.....

pigeon

Banned
Mind explaining this meta please?

BT was a great early item because of its huge stats with the snowball passive. That passive is gone and now BT is just 80 AD and a lot of lifesteal. So it's a poor first item if your goal is to scale quickly, but a decent item later for sustain because you'll probably want to devote one item slot to lifesteal.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I love that people are finally going IE + CDR boots on Lucian first. Been doing it since the rework. Feels so good. I see people in LCS going Shiv early on, kind of want to give it a try.

TomShoe

Banned
My Twitch build has mainly been:
BoRK>Youmuu>LW>IE>Armor
Lately I've decided to ditch the armor, since Twitch still feels like wet paper and just get Bloodthirster.

Any reason why you chose PD instead of LW? I mean in your case, you would have like...70% Crit and near 2 atk speed per second, but LW will really make the crit hurt more. Besides Q+Youmuu would be enough to waste any single champ if your fed in 1v1.

Yeah, that's a good point.

My usual build goes BotRK > BG > Youmuu's > LW = IE > MS/Banshee's

The Scimitar and Banshee's are usually build against bursty mages, so I don't pop like a balloon.

I decided to go with PD mainly for the attack speed steroid and because at that point, Hecarim and Galio weren't tanky enough to resist my shredding power. I don't really trust myself in 1v1 situations unless I'm sure I'm going to win, because of the wet paper feeling you mentioned previously. Yasuo was dangerous and could delete me in a second if I wasn't careful, especially if he hits his tornado and follows up with the ult.

Priority #1 was killing Yasuo, and since he was building full damage, I felt I didn't need the armor shred.

Sofo

Anyone else not know when to buy boots/upgrade them when playing ADC? For Support it's basically after wards for me, as I like to roam/assist other lanes, but for ADC/Mid I have a problem finding that spot when I feel comfortable just buying a roaming item.

garath

Definitely enjoying fiddle jungle. Still need work on him but I put together a pretty strong early game with him. Gonna have to try him in a normal draft or ranked. Hard to gauge too well in team builder.

Edwardo

Anyone else not know when to buy boots/upgrade them when playing ADC? For Support it's basically after wards for me, as I like to roam/assist other lanes, but for ADC/Mid I have a problem finding that spot when I feel comfortable just buying a roaming item.

It depends on the adc for me, but usually after my first big item. The only different one I can think of right now is when I upgrade boots third as Corki.

pigeon

Banned

Browse champs at random in Probuilds and you'll discover that pros in every role nearly always buy their boots after their first big item and occasionally even earlier. Which makes sense, if you think about it, because map presence is a resource and boots are your only way to improve it for most champs.

Basically, when it comes to being Challenger, it's gotta be the shoes.

Blizzard

Banned
TRISTANA SO BALANCED UGH

I DEMAND OLAF TREATMENT

I DEMAND IRELIA TREATMENT

neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerfs
Is your summoner name also "TomShoe"? I checked your profile but it appears you haven't ever played a Tristana game in ranked, and you only have a few ranked games this season, so I wasn't sure if it was you. Try playing her for a bit -- either you'll dominate and move up the ranks, and/or you may learn some things about playing against her. Either way you will be good.

Sofo

Thanks! It does make sense, but sometimes lane phase lasts so long at my level of play that it feels like boots are a bit of a luxury (fully upgraded that is). I'll keep an eye on it though from now on!

Fuzzery

It's amazing how different mid-late game timers are

Mid game for me is 20min-30min

Late game is later than 30mins because a lot of people generally have 5 items

Probably the most farmed I've ever gotten recently was full items (5 item + boots) tristana at 35 mins. But this is really rare, if you're doing well, you might have 4 items normally.

ADC takes more gold to max though

Jungle/top tanks are easier

zkylon

zkylewd
See, I feel like most people's visions for Tristana involve making her into Kog'Maw -- long-range hyper carry, weak early, no escapes. There's not much point in just making her Kog when Kog already exists.

If I were to rework Trist, I'd keep passive, Q, W basically as they are. Everything else is just other buttons.

For a super cheap rework I'd say, drop her base range to 525 (and increase her passive), remove the active on her E and make it a toggle instead, and drop the knockback on R entirely and make it a skillshot. (E passive and R probably get AD ratios.)

Now Trist has less poke than every ADC in the game early and has to play incredibly carefully, but unlike Kog/Vayne has an escape to keep her out of trouble while she does so.
skillshot ult would be a super buff :I

and like i said she can keep her resets, just change the champion around so her having resets is ok (tho when that's worked out right lol)

that's my opinions on her, i don't necessarily think she's that op as people put her, just very frustrating to play against which means she gotta go

Dude.....
?????????????????

the fuck you're talking about

Ferrio

Banned
Is there a list of what skins make a characters animations, lines etc. different from their default skin?

In the store, just check mark legendary or ultimate, those are the ones that have that. If you wanna know what they're like youtube each one.

Feebastic

Gonna try jungling with maokai soon. Which is the beter jungle item on him the AP or Armor jungle item?

Almost certainly the armour one. The 25% bonus health is fantastic synergy with the common tank items, the free ward allows you to free up a slot for a pink ward/ sweeper with no qualms, and with your ultimate it lets you dive towers with comparative ease really early on.

Blizzard

Banned
Almost certainly the armour one. The 25% bonus health is fantastic synergy with the common tank items, the free ward allows you to free up a slot for a pink ward/ sweeper with no qualms, and with your ultimate it lets you dive towers with comparative ease really early on.
Just bear in mind the ultimate does not work on towers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom