• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT7| She Ezreal To Me, Dammit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Subtle

Eh, shoehorning in a continuity event just to hang on to the old scraps of disregarded lore won't do anything but hamstring the new stuff. I'd rather get a clean slate than some contrivance whose entire existense revolves around Riot winking at us to play along like it was a great lore-centric decision and not something clearly done for structure's sake. If anything, rewriting the entirety of the game's lore to better fit its contents is less lazy than saying, "And then this thing happened, and that's why everything fits and Mecha skins are cannon."

Having a big powerful UN-like organization slowly lose power and fall opens up a lot of interesting narrative paths IMO. It doesn't have to be forced at all. And they're not rewriting the lore to better fit the game, they're doing the exact opposite with extremely flawed logic.

JesseZao

Summoners are beings from a parallel universe that study the battle techniques of these legends by fighting as their avatars in a virtual arena of their combined consciousness. The end game for them is to assimilate their skills and invade the realm of the legends. A new co-op arpg (faction based mmo?) game has you fighting off the super summoners as you are now actually playing one of the legends.

We were the bad guys all along.

Blizzard

Banned
Just started playing on LAN

Ping is down to 57 from 120

GODLIKE.
Mine is 30-32 in LAN.

Last pick: Hey I wanted Nasus:
First pick: lol whoops
Last pick: You banned him on purpose
*picks Poppy*
My favorite is when a low pick person says nothing, then once bans are finished, says something to the effect of, "OMG I WANTED TO PLAY FIZZ WHY DID YOU BAN HIM."

My normal response is something like "Obviously we're psychic and we hate you."

Dobkeratops

OT Hard Carry
I couldn't synchronize with either adc in both games, I'm used to playing with bip who's too aggressive.

on the other hand I'm fairly confident we can get to at least bronze 2 before the season ends

Lol.

Before game

after game

different guy but still hilarious

Well, we're not getting any love because we're not bronze yet. Duh.

Well your botlane had no pressure, so that was an issue.

nowhere had any pressure. idk.

me and Dob were winning lane bot for most of the first game until we started getting camped by Jarvan

Second game, instead of playing AD again even though it's my main, I offered to switch roles and let Nebulous have bottom as he's more comfortable there. Then I get camped top as Swain.

Idk. I tilted pretty hard after the second death and if I offended Moodmon I apologise, but it was incredibly frustrating.

I'm gonna hit a training montage and level up my skills a bit. Still, first game we lost because they simply had a better teamfight comp, I didn't lose top till they dove with 3 men, kept up with farm and only died once 1v1. Second game I was outclassed by Corki but the game was lost anyway since jungle dced so we can ignore that lol.

Newt

That was a big issue we used to have on the NA team. We always used to worry about team comp and such. Just pick champs you enjoy playing.

Yes, we have Sivir and Ryze in every game.

Moodmon

Neo Member
bnjhG5m.jpg

:/

Moodmon

Neo Member
And just about the minute I post that it comes back on.

The problem is the level of skill is too different. It's not like I imagine NA with lots of people and skill ranges to choose from. If you've got plats and gold, then you've got people with barely a tenth of the games played, it isn't going to work. The better people will expect things us rubbish people can't do or don't know how to do.

I mean people going on about no pressure and what not. I haven't got a clue what pressure is (as seen from the games quite literally) or how to apply it. Then again this is not the first time I've had this experience playing with Gaf. I don't play games to be made to feel 3 inches tall, and I won't be repeating the experience again.

If I'm up against a platinum jungler or laner I'm going to get fucking murdered, it's that simple. It's not fun, it was never fun, and I'm done.

Blizzard

Banned
Is anyone else having issues with getting their match history to show up on the Riot website? If I click on my latest game, I just get a 404 game not found message.

garath

Is anyone else having issues with getting their match history to show up on the Riot website? If I click on my latest game, I just get a 404 game not found message.

Yep. I wasn't able to see my last two. I wanted to see the stats on my malphite jungle game. At first I was picking him just to mess around in team builder but after playing him a few times, I feel like he's actually legit in the jungle.

zkylon

zkylewd
I don't mind much but games like this with a continuous and evolving story will get a lot of vocal fans if stuff gets retconned, even if it's for the better and for far more minor things like karma and Trundle remakes. I don't ever want lore to get in the way of better gameplay though. That was one of WoW's biggest problems imo.

Not that i can tell how changing the lore is/isn't affecting the gameplay in this case. I can't tell if it will be better/worse for it either. I do wish they had a reason for champs to still talk to us, lots of champions call us summoners so that's gonna be kinda annoying regarding consistency. But oh well.
i mean it's weird for sure but who cares, nobody cared about lore before and now you don't have all the champion stories be super weird stuff that randomly goes "and then she joined league of legends!"

maybe now ori will have a bio that makes sense T_T

The whole "Summoner" roleplay shtick was stupid to begin with
i dunno i thought i was special to sona :<

Well I mean flat out retconning everything is pretty lazy. I'd have preferred they made it so that the institute lost power/influence over valoran and eventually crumbled. That'd make it so old lore was still relevant while still erasing the league from lore. Win win
if you ask me i'd rather they got rid of the boring stuff asap and got to the good shit faster

i think it would've been cool if they showed some of the endless storytelling possibilities tm right away doe

For those of you that don't read Off Topic:

Paypal is giving out $5 credit for taking an online tour that only took 30 seconds.

Yes you can buy RP with that paypal credit, the money expire by the end of the money.

https://www.paypal-activate.com/clac/eml-na-dt
done this

might spend it on steam doe, i have like 5k rp already :p

tyty

Touch

i need to learn more mid champions. only one i got under my belt is ryse. im pretty shit at twisted fate can't pick a card for the life of me.

Bungie's

For those of you that don't read Off Topic:

Paypal is giving out $5 credit for taking an online tour that only took 30 seconds.

Yes you can buy RP with that paypal credit, the money expire by the end of the money.

https://www.paypal-activate.com/clac/eml-na-dt
Thanks for posting this.

Have you guys done the AMEX Serve debit card deal? I got about 13k rp last year doing it and cancelled the debit card once I got my points Here's the link if anyone is interested https://serve.com/leagueoflegends/

zkylon

zkylewd
I don't think she's a versatile solo queue pick.

i dunno almost every matchup is a skill matchup for her and she fits most teams. she's not the greatest at picks which tbh is like #1 thing you need to have in solo queue but i find it's easy to be successful with her

but sure i didn't mean her as a "best pick" or anything, just fun and reliable

personally i'll pick her into almost everyone

Tizoc

Yeah I prefer Hydra on Olaf more than BoRK. I could build bork as a final item if I'm ahead but by then I would've won.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom