• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT7| She Ezreal To Me, Dammit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I pretend I'm Christian Bale in Equilibrium.

Jeff-DSA

Miss Fortune? More like Miss Carry.

0rZlOrP.png

Their Lucian raged after the game. Poor guy did get demoted though.

Edit: I win the next and I'm in promos. I have won 5 straight though. I might be pushing my luck. I almost hate hitting promos with so many wins in a row, because I'm due for a streak of trolls and quitters.

pigeon

Banned
what was dat cho building -_-

It's a pretty standard Wit's End into RoA into tank into Nashor's Tooth into OH GOD I DON'T KNOW ANY MORE

The sad thing is I'm pretty sure all those items are recommended for Cho'Gath in various Solomid guides.

Jeff-DSA

what was dat cho building -_-

We hardly could understand anything of what he was doing. Lots of solo engages only to survive due to a Thresh lantern at the last second or he would just wander off right before a team fight. I don't know what the heck was up with him. At least he did his most important duty by banning Tristana in champ select.

zkylon

zkylewd
pretty surprised so may ppl is up in arms about the lore retcon thingie

like if u ask me that was a pretty good decision

Kenai

I don't mind much but games like this with a continuous and evolving story will get a lot of vocal fans if stuff gets retconned, even if it's for the better and for far more minor things like karma and Trundle remakes. I don't ever want lore to get in the way of better gameplay though. That was one of WoW's biggest problems imo.

Not that i can tell how changing the lore is/isn't affecting the gameplay in this case. I can't tell if it will be better/worse for it either. I do wish they had a reason for champs to still talk to us, lots of champions call us summoners so that's gonna be kinda annoying regarding consistency. But oh well.

Neither of these Chinese teams look particularly strong, honestly.

No matter who gets first seed, both are very very beatable.

I think teams will still rather avoid EDG, but a team with a strong early game will easily take games off them. I'd be very, very surprised if they troubled any of the Korean teams. EU teams look stronger too.

Nekofrog

Banned
just kill 3 people. only people left are ori mid and support braum. are at baron pit. wat do?

why chase ori and braum halfway across the map and ignore the open mid inhib and the free baron of course

fucking china

Leezard

just kill 3 people. only people left are ori mid and support braum. are at baron pit. wat do?

why chase ori and braum halfway across the map and ignore the open mid inhib and the free baron of course

fucking china

china plays so aggressive, gotta pump their kdas

Nekofrog

Banned
that's not aggressive, that's stupid. aggressive is forcing the fight that got those results. they spent almost 30 seconds chasing before just giving up and barely getting the baron out of it, when they could have had so many objectives.

if they try this shit in group stages against any korean team they're fucked

Baffey

Neo Member
Man, how can you guys enjoy playing Lucian? Last game I played him, and I just felt so bored.

really? his mobility is nice and I love playing champs that can reposition/kite like that. I think that's why I'm possibly the worst kog'maw player in the world...

Cuddler

inSec to the worlds, that's all I wanted, hopefully he and Star Horn can do good things. That's unfortunate that Kakao will not be there, I would have loved to see the interaction between the two.

Holy shit Gnar is fun as hell. My initial thoughts on him being seemingly boring and not all that great to use because of the way his transformation works were totally wrong. The Jax I fought up top constantly fell for my transformation baits the entire game. It is so much fun to watch the team go into on you then you suddenly transform and they realize the mistake they have made.

Need to learn to build him better though.

Burt

Holy shit Gnar is fun as hell. My initial thoughts on him being seemingly boring and not all that great to use because of the way his transformation works were totally wrong. The Jax I fought up top constantly fell for my transformation baits the entire game. It is so much fun to watch the team go into on you then you suddenly transform and they realize the mistake they have made.

Need to learn to build him better though.
As long as you're not rushing BOTRK or IE, you're on the right track.

garath

Well I am definitely not as good at yasuo as I used to be. Ow. I don't think I like the life steal and attack speed rune setup either. Didn't seem to offer me that much sustain. Don't get a lot of chances to auto in lane unless I'm winning hard.

Got beat up by a zed pretty bad. I like the skin though lol

Subtle

Well I mean flat out retconning everything is pretty lazy. I'd have preferred they made it so that the institute lost power/influence over valoran and eventually crumbled. That'd make it so old lore was still relevant while still erasing the league from lore. Win win

Burt

Well I mean flat out retconning everything is pretty lazy. I'd have preferred they made it so that the institute lost power/influence over valoran and eventually crumbled. That'd make it so old lore was still relevant while still erasing the league from lore. Win win
Eh, shoehorning in a continuity event just to hang on to the old scraps of disregarded lore won't do anything but hamstring the new stuff. I'd rather get a clean slate than some contrivance whose entire existense revolves around Riot winking at us to play along like it was a great lore-centric decision and not something clearly done for structure's sake. If anything, rewriting the entirety of the game's lore to better fit its contents is less lazy than saying, "And then this thing happened, and that's why everything fits and Mecha skins are cannon."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom