• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT7| She Ezreal To Me, Dammit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feebastic

League of Legends would actually be way better in basically every respect if every character was a high school student.

Start the GD thread I will upvote

No, please. Go play Senran Kagura or something, keep that where it belongs.

More on topic, just tried Twitch a couple times and he's super fun. Been building Bork > Ghostblade > LW/ IE > IE/ LW > situational defense item.

pigeon

Banned
Finally doing ranked placements. First game I fill ADC and then my Blitz DCs in minute one. Luckily I was playing Tristana, who is wildly overpowered >.>, so I was able to play safely, farm up, Yi and Kat got fed while people tried to hunt me, and then we won the game basically 4v5. Bay life.

Then they disabled ranked literally while my mouse cursor was hovering over the button, so now I'm playing Morgana again because if I have to suffer everybody has to suffer.

Ashhong

I am truly in ELO hell now. After making it to plat 5 I have been struggling to win consistently. Always win 1-2 and then lose 2. I was at 0 points when I dodged a game, leaving me at -3 LP. Next game I of course lost and got demoted to gold. I wonder if the dodge had anything to do with that? Anyway, I went on a losing streak of about 15 or so games and ended up in gold 2. Now I win about 10 LP, and lose 25. I'm never going to make it out of here

WARCOCK

Banned
I'm trying to get hyped for finals and haven't been following LCS at all this season. Can i get a fair breakdown of NA vs EU nowadays ?

Sofo

Grats Blizzard on Gold!

Also just wanted to say you guys are the best :3 super helpful always!

Anyway, got to try Heimerdinger vs bots. Was super fun but I feel like in TFs it might fall short? Like what do you do, stun and missiles and maybe put some turrets? Damn silly bots, running around my turrets, getting killed!

zkylon

zkylewd
I'm trying to get hyped for finals and haven't been following LCS at all this season. Can i get a fair breakdown of NA vs EU nowadays ?
- na -

tsm upsetting c9 in the finals against what most ppl would've assumed the result be since c9 had never dropped a game in playoffs prior to those finals. tsm seems to be looking pretty solid off grabbing ex blaze support lustboy and generally seem to show more synergy and strategy overall.

c9 looks solid as always, nothing too special, they shit on curse in semifinals

third place belongs to lmq, a chinese team that moved to na and climbed from the challenger scene. they speak broken english but are totally adorable and their midlaner is the shit, na mvp of the season according to riot

pretty big surprise was clg getting shit on by curse and dignitas and falling down to relagations. lots of drama with clg coach resigning and future looking sort of grim. they still have decent players so they'll probably be in lcs next year

- eu -

the playoff finals were alliance vs fnatic, with alliance pretty handidly taking them down on i think 3-0? or 3-1? anywho first lcs ever not won by fnatic and they looked pretty outclassed, tho they really did their trademark "performing in playoffs" thing after a kind of rocky split

third place went to sk that started the split strong but lost steam mid way for some reason. they seem to have fixed some shit cos they won pretty solidly against roccat for the third place.

again the big thing here is prolly gambit going down to relegations, with alex going to nip, darien being removed, and the rest of the m5 guys not looking too sharp. sad days for gambit

---

is that useful?

I wonder if we'll ever have a full, 400-page LOLGAF thread that doesn't once degenerate into anime arguments and waifu wars. #thedream
sadly for you that doesn't seem to be an achievable dream

which is why instead of wasting breath complaining you should just push forward interesting discussion

WARCOCK

Banned
Yeah thanks! Do you think the top 3 teams in both territories are pretty even? Any of those teams can do damage versus korea?

Nekofrog

Banned
alliance is really the only team that anyone has hope for taking a game off koreans. like 1 game, not a series. and even that's like a 20% chance

Bungie's

I am truly in ELO hell now. After making it to plat 5 I have been struggling to win consistently. Always win 1-2 and then lose 2. I was at 0 points when I dodged a game, leaving me at -3 LP. Next game I of course lost and got demoted to gold. I wonder if the dodge had anything to do with that? Anyway, I went on a losing streak of about 15 or so games and ended up in gold 2. Now I win about 10 LP, and lose 25. I'm never going to make it out of here
Did you get some kind of warning when you got demoted to Gold?

zkylon

zkylewd
Yeah thanks! Do you think the top 3 teams in both territories are pretty even? Any of those teams can do damage versus korea?
prolly not but we'll see

unlike last year's worlds all three korean teams look really strong right now (if u remember ozone and sword did pretty bad last year), but who knows.

tbh i think probably most na and eu teams going to worlds can give the korean teams a good fight but winning against them is very unlikely.

like ktb destroyed the western teams at iem without dropping a game and they weren't even a top tier team in korea

Newt

Dodging doesn't effect MMR. You just need to improve a bit to make it back to Plat.

bokn

Banned
bBtDMim.jpg

Viktor and Soraka reworks on PBE tomorrow. Dang Riot have been working hard.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Watching Kobe troll Trick2G and his friend while they're all on Skype was the funniest thing I've seen in a long time.

None. But if you're getting matched with Gold V and IVs while you are in plat it's a sign of danger. Hence why I stopped playing and now quietly await my shiny border.

I wonder if we'll ever have a full, 400-page LOLGAF thread that doesn't once degenerate into anime arguments and waifu wars. #thedream

Every NeoGAF community gaming thread eventually degenerates into waifu wars. Dark Souls, Doto 2, Demon's souls, Diablo, SF4, etc etc. Every thread has a page or two of it. It's mostly in jest and I don't think (hope) anyone is serious.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Hear that, it's the sound of the all people picking up Viktor and feeding horribly.

Ashhong

Nope. I knew it was coming because of the people I played with. But I was stupid and kept playing.

Dodging doesn't effect MMR. You just need to improve a bit to make it back to Plat.

I just don't see how I'm going to make it out. I lose so much LP with every loss. I need to win like 5-7 times in a row just to make it out of gold 2. Then I fear if I lose at gold 1, because my mmr is still so low it's just going to drop me back down.

Ferga

Nope. I knew it was coming because of the people I played with. But I was stupid and kept playing.

I just don't see how I'm going to make it out. I lose so much LP with every loss. I need to win like 5-7 times in a row just to make it out of gold 2. Then I fear if I lose at gold 1, because my mmr is still so low it's just going to drop me back down.

I got demoted from diamond 5 with the mmr of a plat 3.

Played without care to demote to plat 4 to even out the lp and mmr then started to carry and got back to diamond in 10 or so games.

It's possible .

I've read those Viktor changes and the damage numbers worry me

I'll play him on PBE later but it looks like he does not do a lot of damage.

although I guess his build will change a bit. Lich bane will be pretty strong on him with the new Q which could make up for some damage and he'll get an absurd amount of AP.

Leezard

So Viktor is getting 183 AP at level 18 from his passive/item when maxed. That is indeed a lot, especially when you consider the potential rabadons bonus. 500 bonus mana as well, perhaps Seraphs + Rabadons + Lichbane as a core build? Add his passive item and a void staff for an expensive but massive damage final build. I don't know how much AP we can expect for this build, 700-900? Bar Seraphs, it's going to be really squishy though, a true glass cannon.

garath

Yea, i'd appreciate that. Reading this thread in class is hit or miss.

Protip, you can turn off images and avatars in your board settings. I browse GAF a lot from work and keep those turned off. I see no avatars and every image is just a link that I can click on at my discretion.

Playing MF against an Irelia is a great way to remind yourself how much MF sucks right now. If it wasn't a mirror match bot, we probably would have lost.

it's really not fun to be an ADC against Irelia, especially one with little to no mobility.

also MF's scaling makes no sense to me. It hasn't since she was reworked. So dumb.

Newt

Playing MF against an Irelia is a great way to remind yourself how much MF sucks right now. If it wasn't a mirror match bot, we probably would have lost.

it's really not fun to be an ADC against Irelia, especially one with little to no mobility.

also MF's scaling makes no sense to me. It hasn't since she was reworked. So dumb.
She has a lot of issues, but damage isn't one of them. There isn't a lot of other ADCs that can duel her, especially if she goes Triforce. Mid-game, her level 11 ult is nothing to mess with. This is a clip a guy on my friends list made for me a while ago. Fyi, we didn't even have a lead at this point.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3iKlDNwMRw

But her E is complete garb, no matter how much dimb wants to argue. She is tough to position with, but you can play her well and be successful :).
b3t1fQb.png

She has a lot of issues, but damage isn't one of them. There isn't a lot of other ADCs that can duel her, especially if she goes Triforce. Mid-game, her level 11 ult is nothing to mess with. This is a clip a guy on my friends list made for me a while ago. Fyi, we didn't even have a lead at this point.

But her E is complete garb, no matter how much dimb wants to argue. She is tough to position with, but you can play her well and be successful :).
b3t1fQb.png

I don't think I would ever pick her in a ranked game unless the enemy team had 0 dive. She's utterly defenceless against any sort of dive. Irelia was a nightmare to deal with that game. I basically had to hope my team could do something about her if I wanted to DPS at all.

I think her E would be ok if it didn't cost 80 mana. A 500 radius, 3 second 65% slow field can be pretty powerful in a team fight.

While she may do a good bit of damage, the way her kit scales is a complete mess.

AD scaling magic damage on hit on her W is really strong. She puts out a tonne of mixed damage that way, but then AP scaling on a physical damage ult is mental. it's piss poor.

Her kit is total mess.

Tizoc

b3t1fQb.png

Yup, was playing with a friend and his wife was MF, I was support Blitz. She'd spam the E on crits...
I'll start adding Triforce into my build been wanting to utilize that thing for some time now heh.

Jeff-DSA

Miss Fortune is my second highest win percentage champ (I win at 67% with Fiora). She's a beast, but that E is terrible. Garbage ability. But you get some of the most entertaining plays with her that you'll ever have in LoL. Nothing is better than dueling with the other ADC, them realizing that they can't win that fight, seeing them turn tail and run with the support walking behind and you kill them off screen with a Q ricochet. So satisfying. Also, her ult at the beginning of a team fight is killer for positioning and causing general panic.

2851hMM.png

But that E man...total trash. Everything else is awesome. I still haven't played with Trinity Force on her. I'll need to try that. Phantom Dancer is what I've been picking up instead.

Ocho

I'm in the same camp (except demoted to Plat 1). My attitude right now is just to continue doing my best and keep getting better (there's a reason I got demoted -- I couldn't carry hard enough).

Also Nami will take me back to Diamond's embrace

Meanwhile I just got demoted to Silver IV like a TURD.

I think I'm giving up on the gold dream, friendos, keep getting like 70 LP into S3 and then going full tilt and winding up back in S4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom