• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT7| She Ezreal To Me, Dammit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

drawkcaB

Dunno about other people, but I feel like Braum isn't a support who can carry matches.

Yeah, starting to feel the same way, certainly not in the same way I can with Zyra, Nami, or even Lulu. Reminds me of Janna where I carry the carry hard but not carry myself, if that makes sense. Still like him though, very fun champ once you get used to playing him aggressively. Def gonna keep him in my pool, not sure I'll be keeping him along side Zyra and Nami as my main supports, although he does fill a nice spot in that group.

I need help at support after laning phase ends. Not sure why this wasn't a problem before, but I'm constantly way under-leveled come mid-game because I'm putting down wards, roaming, etc. I think it's about time I start playing with NA-Gaf. I'm just not learning the macro stuff at all at my level.

EDIT: 170+ AP for max level hexcore. Wow. Great, now I had to give Viktor another shot once I resume my mid marathon.

Tizoc said:
BTW is an All AP only Rune page worth it for my AP champs?

All AP? Nope. For instance MPen or Hybrid Parks marks are always more effective than AP marks on mages. You can go AP heavy on certain setups, or with certain champs, or against certain match-ups. For example, swapping out the typical magic resistance blues for AP or AP/level blues against an AD caster mid or swap armor yellows for AP or AP/lvl yellows against a champion who won't be dealing much physical damage to you (Ranged AP vs. Akali, for example). You can also go AP on yellows, blues, and quints if you feel very confident in the match-up, like maybe Ziggs vs. Annie or something. There's also the case for using CDR or CDR/lvl blues as well on certain mages who really benefit from CDR.

Jeff-DSA

Braum is still mostly broken. He's more manageable to deal with now, but I still think he's the first support you ban, even over Morgana. But if it came down to a ban choice between Braum and Tristana, I'm banning Trist. A month ago that would have been reversed.

Blizzard

Banned
OMG Congrats :)
omg maokai

grats tho
Grats Blizzard on Gold!

Also just wanted to say you guys are the best :3 super helpful always!

Anyway, got to try Heimerdinger vs bots. Was super fun but I feel like in TFs it might fall short? Like what do you do, stun and missiles and maybe put some turrets? Damn silly bots, running around my turrets, getting killed!
Congrats Summons
Thanks everyone for advice and putting up with my posts about it over the last few months. I'm going to be super paranoid about being demoted / forgetting to play a game every 3 weeks.

And what's wrong with maokai, Mothman! :p

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Braum is still mostly broken. He's more manageable to deal with now, but I still think he's the first support you ban, even over Morgana.
I think you're wrong. Morgana's kill potential in lane is unrivaled, and she has the capacity to protect carries regardless of the circumstances.

Leezard

I think you're wrong. Morgana's kill potential in lane is unrivaled, and she has the capacity to protect carries regardless of the circumstances.

I'd agree with this. Braum is kinda balanced nowadays since his ridiculous damage he had since release is nerfed. While I personally don't fear Morgana that much, she is definitely more threatening than Braum due to the reasons you stated.

Bungie's

Watching Kobe troll Trick2G and his friend while they're all on Skype was the funniest thing I've seen in a long time.

None. But if you're getting matched with Gold V and IVs while you are in plat it's a sign of danger. Hence why I stopped playing and now quietly await my shiny border.

Every NeoGAF community gaming thread eventually degenerates into waifu wars. Dark Souls, Doto 2, Demon's souls, Diablo, SF4, etc etc. Every thread has a page or two of it. It's mostly in jest and I don't think (hope) anyone is serious.
Damn that sucks. Just checked my last ranked game and a few Gold 3 and 1 platv player , hope I don't get demoted. Thank god season 4 is almost over.

Edwardo

EU LCS Spring Promotion - 8th Place Match

Copenhagen Wolves vs H2K Gaming
Best of Five
t1410282000z1.png

Followed by:

NA LCS Spring Promotion - 6th Place Match

Counter Logic Gaming vs Curse Academy
Best of Five
Approximate Start Time: 6:00PM EST

Please use the LCS thread for further discussion. Let's keep this thread spoiler free.

Jeff-DSA

My issue with Braum is that he so easily prevents other teammates from dying. He can tank out so much and leap in front of danger for the ADC. It's so hard to get kills when he's anywhere around. Sure, Morgana will get more kills than he will, but I don't think that's all that much more effective than saving the ADC from dying. It might be less effective in the long run.

I've only seen Braum in a handful of ranked games and in those ones I wasn't bot. He's really good for protecting the ADC and his abilities scale off HP which is super-useful but he doesn't do a lot of damage (like Leona). With Morgana you can build AP items after Sightstone, FQC, and Zhonya's to do respectable damage in team fights.

In solo queue you may be better off with a more offensive support like Lulu, Karma, or Nami if your ADC is bad. I'm 2-6 with Janna but 5-2 with Morgana.

I also got demoted one game after hitting 0 LP, probably because I was like -15 in W/L.

11 games down definitely doesn't sound like an entire tier below, that's like, 220 LP? Didn't Riot say you had to be 5 tiers down before demotion? Weird. I imagine you could get back if you tried though -- if I recall correctly, you were a really nice person to play with.

In my own ranked struggles, after going 7-3 in placements, moving from gold V to silver I as a result, I went down to silver V, then back up to silver I. 465+ games of this later:

gold3w3sbt.png

For a while I never thought it would happen. I can only hope I don't get demoted back before the season ends. Special credit goes to Maokai, with a 19-8 record. Of my top 5 most played champions, they are the only one with a 70% or more win rate.

Thanks to the last-pick Teemo who said he would go top and win, and did so very convincingly against Darius. I very much got carried by Teemo and Wukong, and I've never been happier about a Teemo. I think they had the cottontail skin. :D

Gratz Blizzard.

Meanwhile, I took a break from rank after getting gold. Yesterday, I have a notification about rank decay. I then proceed to play the worst I have ever done in ranked. Loss like 5 games in a row. One of them was because of the server ddos issue. Even then UGHH.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
My issue with Braum is that he so easily prevents other teammates from dying. He can tank out so much and leap in front of danger for the ADC. It's so hard to get kills when he's anywhere around. Sure, Morgana will get more kills than he will, but I don't think that's all that much more effective than saving the ADC from dying. It might be less effective in the long run.
I feel like you're overselling the level of protection Braum offers. If you get hit with Braum Q there's a chance to react, but if a Morgana binding lands that's usually it for most carries, and the hitbox on it is much more forgiving. Braum doesn't really save people from bad positioning just by thrusting himself between his team and the enemies, but Morgana's shield provides a teammate with the opportunity to escape even without having to babysit a carry.

Jeff-DSA

I feel like you're overselling the level of protection Braum offers. If you get hit with Braum Q there's a chance to react, but if a Morgana binding lands that's usually it for most carries, and the hitbox on it is much more forgiving. Braum doesn't really save people from bad positioning just by thrusting himself between his team and the enemies, but Morgana's shield provides a teammate with the opportunity to escape even without having to babysit a carry.

Yeah, that black shield is kinda nutso combined with a bind for peel. I just haven't been too bothered by Morgana players but have had a big problem with Braum. It's personal experience, though Morgana is objectively a bigger threat, I guess.

And as an MF player, I do put decent damage down on Braum with her W, so he can't just sit and laugh in front of me.

Tizoc

I now regret not getting Lollipoppy Skin :V

On Probuilds, why do I see mostly AD built on her? Why not go Trinity+BoRK then tank?
I did it in a recent aram and wrecked their shit. Also Magic Boots make her Q too stronk.

Leezard

I now regret not getting Lollipoppy Skin :V

On Probuilds, why do I see mostly AD built on her? Why not go Trinity+BoRK then tank?
I did it in a recent aram and wrecked their shit. Also Magic Boots make her Q too stronk.

It might say probuilds, but there is no pro playing her seriously, so there is no consensus for a "best build".

The reason for full AD builds is that on summoners rift, you can flank enemies, and you are invulnerable during ult anyway. Your job as poppy is to destroy one person, anything more than that is a bonus.

Also, Poppy's passive is amazing for survival, especially combined with her W. She gets loads of tanky stats for free.

garath

How the fuck do you play support Zyra?

Root with E for kills. Poke with Q and plants. Be as annoying as possible. After laning, catch people with E for kills, poke with Q and plants, ult in teamfights for zoning and CC.

It's like playing support Annie

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
Is early game trading an instinctual thing, or are there some good rules of thumb? I want to kick absolute ass as Morgana but I can't seem to find a good middle ground.

Leezard

How the fuck do you play support Zyra?
Max Q, use magic pen marks and glyphs, go spellthief -> sightstone -> upgraded spell thief + boots -> haunting guise -> sorc boots. Later build into liandrys + rylais. Deal massive damage, use Q/Q + W to poke, E for the more all-in style plays. When you get ult and catch someone with your E, just unload everything. One of the points of this build is that you get 44 flat magic pen once you have sorc + haunting, so you get true damage on any squishies that do not build magic res.

Oh, and, use ignite.

There is a Karma skin in today's PBE patch called "Order of the Lotus Karma".

Does that mean everyone will stop moaning now or will they just move on to moaning abou Zac?

I'm actually really hyped for a new Karma skin finally :D

Edit: linking via mobile so not sure how this will turn out, will fix in a bit:

BxHZyKPCUAAU6V7.jpg

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
There is a Karma skin in today's PBE patch called "Order of the Lotus Karma".

Does that mean everyone will stop moaning now or will they just move on to moaning abou Zac?

I'm actually really hyped for a new Karma skin finally :D

Edit: linking via mobile so not sure how this will turn out, will fix in a bit:

BxHZyKPCUAAU6V7.jpg
She looks like zyra but has the textures of maokai.
I dont think I like it.

Jeff-DSA

Ups, I usually max up her W

Max Q first, W second.

I usually go Q, W, Q, E, Q, R. Then just continue to max Q as fast as possible with W second. The ONLY reason I get that E at 3 is because you can slow down a ganking jungler. It's really the only good use for that ability.

Her poke with the Q is great, and trading with her W makes her a beast.

pigeon

Banned
Is early game trading an instinctual thing, or are there some good rules of thumb? I want to kick absolute ass as Morgana but I can't seem to find a good middle ground.

I wouldn't say it's instinctual. You need to understand your damage sources and your opponents' damage sources. It helps to know base damages and to remember that each hash mark on your opponent's health bar is 100 health. (So Morgana's Q, which does 80 damage, is a little less than a full hash mark at level 1 -- and you get Spellthief's Edge and your AP, too.)

Morgana is basically lousy at early game trading -- check her kit and it will be obvious that Morgana's only damaging spell is her Q, which is also her poke/CC, and she has pretty bad autoattacks. You want to harass and disengage, not trade, because after you land your Q you don't contribute that much. Your hope is that enemies won't realize that.

drawkcaB

Leezard said:
Max Q, use magic pen marks and glyphs, go spellthief -> sightstone -> upgraded spell thief + boots -> haunting guise -> sorc boots. Later build into liandrys + rylais. Deal massive damage, use Q/Q + W to poke, E for the more all-in style plays. When you get ult and catch someone with your E, just unload everything. One of the points of this build is that you get 44 flat magic pen once you have sorc + haunting, so you get true damage on any squishies that do not build magic res.

Oh, and, use ignite.

Just to add to this, get used to casting Q or E before you plant your W seed. The delay on both Q and E mean that means that by the time they actually take effect, your seed will be in place. This is important to learn because A.) planting a seed before Q or E can signal intent to the opponent, B.) it doesn't give the opponent any time to crush your seed by moving on them and C.) once you get quite good at it you can tell whether or not your Q or E will hit and not waste a seed on missed skill shot. Q->W or E->W is the first big trick to learning Zyra correctly...

...my other tip is being a cheeky bastard against certain match-ups and starting W and then picking up E at level 2 so you can W-E-W and chunk the fuck out of someone.

EDIT: So buying that Karma skin. Hnngngng

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom