• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT7| She Ezreal To Me, Dammit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

brian!

anyone can fill and that helps u avoid the salty select

but you have to know what you are doing, and for silvers it's really important to know what to do outside of laning in order to escape silver
like u can outplay everyone and go 7/0 and still lose, whereas that kind of thing is less likely as u go up

Ocho

Since I started to fill, I've started winning at a 70% rate. Letting people be comfortable and then just winning your lane that nobody wanted seems to be the key to winning at crap ELOs.

Filling works great in crap ELOs, definitively. As a support main, I think that is what got me over Silver/Gold, letting people be comfortable in their roles while I play the least requested one.

However, since champion select, this guy showed no attitude to even try. He was mad he had to go ADC, even when he said nothing about it (literally until the last 10 seconds). I was trying to recommend him how to approach the lane after some deaths (seriously no bm), and he recurred to 'i told you I'm not good'. His poor showing and throwish decisions cemented the fact he wasn't playing to win (even when our mid/top were doing great). In the end, it costed us the game.

Dodge is good, dodge is life.

brian!

yeah id agree that specializing is a lot of effective as you get higher in eloz
because at that point you can kinda assume that ppl actively look towards win conditions and don't sit around on leads, and have a better understanding of matchups, and what particular champs do, etc.

fadf.jpg

graggg.jpg

corki.jpg

j4.jpg

janna.jpg

Remember, model viewer shots suck~~~

Base AD lowered to 44 from 49
Base Attack Speed lowered to 0.638 from 0.670
Takedown attack damage ratio lowered to .8/2.0/2.67 from 1/2.5/3.33 (min/max/maxHunt)
Takedown ability power ratio increased to .3/.75/1 from .24/.6/.8 (min/max/maxHunt)
Pounce cooldown reduction mechanic added to Hunted Pounce ( removed from Hunted Swipe)
Pounce cooldown reduction mechanic baseline effect inreased to 1.5 seconds from 1 second.
Pounce cooldown reduction mechanics on Pounce now affected by Nidalee's CDR.
Swipe no longer affects the cooldown of Pounce when used on a hunted target.
This is exactly what I wanted for Nid. AP Nid is balanced as opposed to AD Nid, nerfing the AD ratio and buffing the AP ratio on Takedown plus the CDR change is just perfect.
wait so what does e do against hunted targets now
Nothing

zkylon

zkylewd
some other changes in pbe like lebonk buffs and mao nerfs

lebonk buffs are interesting, prolly won't change anything but they're cute

Jeff-DSA

Janna was the first support I learned. You can make a lot of clutch plays with her, but she's pure utility, so you have to be a pretty selfless player to enjoy her. I haven't played her since her latest round of tweaks a little while back, but I assume she's still fairly solid.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Janna is probably the most boring support to play in the entire game. One of the worst champions when it comes to visual design in the game too.

zkylon

zkylewd
Nah. Soraka is more engaging in terms of ability timing and positioning.

guess agree to disagree

i think a lot of things about janna are boring (w is awful) but
* timing shields
* weird skillshot q
* good coordination for ulting
* fast as balls

are things i like about janna. like i think she's engaging and has a niche and all that. i love how janna prevents so much death, that's a cool unique thing for her.

Ugh, I hate Soraka. "Hey, let me just totally ruin your CS with star calls at inappropriate times over and over."
that's just bad player soraka, you can mess cs with thresh and nami too if you play like shit

i do think that raka q is a terrible spell doe

Ferrio

Banned
Played Ascension last night, I don't know if it was because I was high but I didn't understand it at all. I mean.... what's the point...? It's dominion you capture stuff.. just not towers just crystals instead. Oh and zerath gets to pretend he's a good champion.

Kenai

Speaking of Soraka: new PBE stuff.

-Movement speed increased to 345 from 325
- (Passive) NO LONGER CONVERTS BONUS ARMOR AND MR INTO AP
- (Passive) now lists bonus movement speed range as 2500
-Starcall (Q) slow increased to 30/35/40/45/50% from 20/25/30/35/40%
-Astral Infusion (W) healing increased to 120/150/180/210/240 from 110/140/170/200/230
- Astral Infusion (W) self heal increased to 25/35/45/55/65 to 50/70/90/110/130 from 25/30/40/50/60 to 40/60/80/110/120
-Equinox (E) now deals damage at the start and end of the ability. ( numbers inc )
- Wish (R) now notes it removes all instances of Grievous Wounds before healing.

I am not sure if the armor/mr convert passive goes through since they were really trying to sell it in the last interview, but if the rest of those changes go through I think I will be pretty happy with her.

zkylon

zkylewd
Played Ascension last night, I don't know if it was because I was high but I didn't understand it at all. I mean.... what's the point...? It's dominion you capture stuff.. just not towers just crystals instead. Oh and zerath gets to pretend he's a good champion.

what do u mean pretend he's a good champion?

i think he's boring and his q is pretty bullshit but he's strong and has a decent design for sure

Ferrio

Banned
what do u mean pretend he's a good champion?

i think he's boring and his q is pretty bullshit but he's strong and has a decent design for sure

Just poking fun, I know he's good now. I've just never liked him and he used to be absolute trash.

subtles

Janna is one of the supports (along with Soraka :lol) that I've been meaning to play more of but find that the teams I'm on generally hate with a passion. Her early game disengage (vs Leona for ex.) is one of my favorite supp. moments in lane.

I was surprised to find that Draven's Stand Aside works quite well in that regard. I had an Amumu come out of the fog of war after a skirmish and flung it at him as he landed the Bandage Toss. I don't know why I was surprised to see the ability cancelled midway but I honestly was.

subtles

There was a really scary Poppy support not to far back. Stomped around with only one mission that was executed beautifully.

That lollipop.

Jeff-DSA

Poppy is secretly awesome. Nobody takes her serious, but she can absolutely wreck a lane and become an unstoppable nightmare in the late game.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
Regarding the earlier discussion concerning climbing the ladder in ranked I just want to point out that most high level players in ranked focus on 1 to two roles. If you can play every role properly enough then you really don't belong amongst the lower/average elos. Team comp tends to not really matter until higher gold because proper mechanics and decision making can carry you up until then. The UNSWlol lecture guy played AD soraka and would still win games.

Last season I flopped around in silver trying to be a jack of all trades until I focused my champion pool to just Jax and Tryn top with a Leona support. Managed to get to Gold 1 in a week doing mostly just those three and my match history was littered with isolated losses when I tried running unfamiliar champs.

Nekofrog

Banned
i laned vs a mundo as poppy once. newt looked at top one point and saw mundo about to die 1v1 and said "wait how does anyone lose to a poppy 1v1 in lane before 6?"

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
guess agree to disagree

i think a lot of things about janna are boring (w is awful) but
* timing shields
* weird skillshot q
* good coordination for ulting
* fast as balls

are things i like about janna. like i think she's engaging and has a niche and all that. i love how janna prevents so much death, that's a cool unique thing for her.
I don't really see what part of Janna's kit is unqiue in protecting AD carries. Like, there are lots of champions that do that.

Janna Q isn't that weird. You don't even need much of a charge on it for it to be effective. It's one of the pieces of Janna's kit that shoehorns her into being a support that's passive and defensive, because it's unrewarding to hit unless you're kiting the enemy. Shield timing is eh. There's not that much to it. Shield people that need it the most, and some decision making comes into play with how you want to distribute the attack damage buff.

There are so many problems that makes Janna just nightmarishly simple and effective. She has absolutely insane mobility that comes at no cost, and because her spell ranges are so long she just about never has to put herself in danger. This is why people can rush Mejai's and other junk on her, because if you're playing Janna properly it's extremely difficult to punish. Janna doesn't even need to use most of the pieces of her kit to win trades, which is one of my least favorite things. Yeah there are some crazy things you can do with the ult but it's not that hard to just use it to zone and heal your team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom