• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT7| She Ezreal To Me, Dammit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeadNames

Banned
What? Who said Karma is weak?

She craps on melees, has great utility, and has amazing early game poke as a support.

She's my go-to support.

drawkcaB

(My own experience)

Karma's a good support but to really do work she needs the right duo partner, both in selected champion and playstyle. Pair her with an ADC who can assist in getting the full effect of a mantra'ed Q on a target at level 1 and keep up the pressure.

She's atypical as support (or any lane, IMO) because she has to fight level 1, which doesn't suit most ADC champs or players. Take Jinx for example. Jinx's traps synergize excellently with Mantra-Q. The target will blow a flash 9/10 of the time. That set's up the level 2 kill when Karma gets snare. But how many Jinx players pick up traps at level 1? If the two players aren't on the same page, you may as well play Sona or Lulu instead.

Guhnmystro said:
Man, I love the new text in game in the center of the screen. Looks so nice.

Looks good now, looks fantastic with new SR.

Bacon

How long until the new SR do you guys think? Seems like we're getting pretty close, and riot shouldn't have to wait until worlds is over because the pro scene is locked into a previous patch.

garath

How long until the new SR do you guys think? Seems like we're getting pretty close, and riot shouldn't have to wait until worlds is over because the pro scene is locked into a previous patch.

I honestly don't expect them to release it prior to worlds.

They'll likely do it when the season ends in November and "pre-season" begins.

Einbroch

Banned

Likely a few weeks after the season ends. People would cry about the new map messing up their grinds to gold/plat/whatever.

Plus Riot is likely waiting till the Harrowing and Snowdown events are over so they don't have to justify to people why new SR doesn't have a spooky/frozen skin for them.

Newt

Where does Amumu rank, far as Junglers go? I've been avoiding him for too long.
In solo q, number 1. He's really only vulnerable before 6, and he requires very little skill for what he can do. The only way you can really mess up with him is building dumb AP items.

Tizoc

In solo q, number 1. He's really only vulnerable before 6, and he requires very little skill for what he can do. The only way you can really mess up with him is building dumb AP items.

I'd just Tank him up anyways. Abyssal Sceptre's range works with his Ult and most of his abilities. I'd just YOLO grab, then Ult then they surrender the next minute :V

Just brought Leona yesterday. I mainly play support, I didn't even buy her til now. Only decided that after getting dumpstered by 2 in 2 separate ranked games. Seriously, she is so tanky even early game.

Cowsep usually has a habit of doing pretty bad early on and somehow start pulling ahead starting around 15-20mins. Some of it is due to his objective control. He takes dragons and barons earlier than most people expect. Eg, I think his items were usually:
- early dragon = madred + spirit stone / vamp scept
- early baron = ~10-20 stack feral + blade + zerk + brut / spirit stone / ghostblade

He usually solos dragon, and usually has 1-2 people help him with baron. If I remember correctly, he usually goes home immediately after 1 buff + 1 camp to buy Madred.

-----

I'm starting to have trouble laning with Morgana. Can't poke as hard as I want, and if my Qs land it's usually not favorable for us. Sometimes I'm too slow to shield Blitz grabs. I see so many Blitzes in my MMR right now. I still more than make up for up when I start roaming though.

Jeff-DSA

I'm still irked about that game against Nasus last night. He's such a BS champion if anything goes wrong. In my case our jungler didn't show up until around level 6, so they just camped their jungle on top and pushed my away from minions so Nasus could get his stacks. There is literally nothing you can do late game if Nasus does what he wants for the first 10 minutes.

I'm starting to hate the whole hyper carry, "a game with this champ needs to end before X minutes or you're dead" concept. If you get a teammate that DCs or goes AFK for anything longer than a couple of minutes, the other team immediately gets that hyper carry to start snowballing and it doesn't matter what happens after that. They're fine under ideal competitive circumstances, but with the stupid rage quitters, the DCs, and the feeders, far too often they just get out of control too easily.

Karma support is great. Positioning in Silver is poor so you can easily hit your Q's (just don't aggro minions beforehand so they block it).

Weakness is that you're vulnerable when your Mantra is on cooldown, mobile ADC's like Lucian and Ezrael can give you trouble, and hard CC will cream you.

Tried Ascension. It's pretty much like Dominion (mobile/AOE champs rule).

drawkcaB

He's really good but counter jungled very easily, so it's a risk to run him especially with laners that aren't watching your back.

Debatable, honestly. Sustains terrifically well in the jungle with just a Spirit Stone and his bandage toss is a dependable escape. If you find Amumu in the jungle he's more often that not going to be nearly topped off on hp and mana. If the same isn't true for you, there's a good chance Amumu isn't the one whose going to die. The dueling strength from Amumu's E is underrated.

If he was counter-jungled as easily as people say he wouldn't have made it through the early S4 jungle meta with a ~55% win rate across all ranks.

Newt

Debatable, honestly. Sustains terrifically well in the jungle with just a Spirit Stone and his bandage toss is a dependable escape. If you find Amumu in the jungle he's more often that not going to be nearly topped off on hp and mana. If the same isn't true for you, there's a good chance Amumu isn't the one whose going to die. The dueling strength from Amumu's E is underrated.

If he was counter-jungled as easily as people say he wouldn't have made it through the early S4 jungle meta with a ~55% win rate across all ranks.
Please don't build spirit stone on him :/.

It's either Q or E. Q makes your ganks more lethal and gives you mobility. E makes you sustain significantly better in the jungle, and is stronger during teamfights.

drawkcaB

Please don't build spirit stone on him :/.

SS/Quill, whatever. Amumu gains more out of SotSW than SotAG. Now if someone want to go off the deep end and overbuild AP instead of tanky that's a different can of worms.

Tizoc said:
For Amumu, his E should be upgraded mainly correct?

Yeah, pretty much. Can even dip his 4th point in a rank 2 W for jungle sustain and clear before maxing E. Hell, might be able to just do whatever you want on him and do ok.

Newt

SS/Quill, whatever. Amumu gains more out of SotSW than SotAG. Now if someone want to go off the deep end and overbuild AP instead of tanky that's a different can of worms.

Yeah, pretty much. Can even dip his 4th point in a rank W for jungle sustain and clear before maxing E.
SotSW may improve his clear, but it makes his mid game absolute shit.

Ferrio

Banned

I don't see how you can see it's debatable, he gets stomped early game by most junglers. There's no debate. Only reason it may not be a problem is because in lower elos people don't counter jungle enough and at upper levels there's more people watching your back.

garath

Play yi, don't play yi.

Man this advice.

Honestly, Silver is pretty borderlined for playing Yi. You can probably get away with it but I wouldn't get in the habit of it. I've found him to be a pretty terrible jungler and I really like hard carry, non-tank junglers.

Amumu is pretty godly in solo queue, damage or tank.

Ferrio

Banned
Honestly, Silver is pretty borderlined for playing Yi. You can probably get away with it but I wouldn't get in the habit of it. I've found him to be a pretty terrible jungler and I really like hard carry, non-tank junglers..

I feel like I need to run someone who can push objectives. When running jungle with lee etc, I'm at the mercy of my teammates actually taking objectives and pounding on a turret as tank lee/eve or maokai doesn't accomplish much.

Not to mention all the teams I've been on seem clueless how to deal with splitpushing, so I hope the same is true with my opponents.

Bacon

I feel like I need to run someone who can push objectives. When running jungle with lee etc, I'm at the mercy of my teammates actually taking objectives and pounding on a turret as tank lee/eve or maokai doesn't accomplish much.

I'm going to get yelled at for suggesting it but Udyr is good at taking objectives like early drag. He can easily solo dragon at 6-8 minutes with spirit stone and madreds as long as you switch stances correctly.

drawkcaB

SotSW may improve his clear, but it makes his mid game absolute shit.

Disagree, not because that's not somewhat true, but because SotAG isn't some magic bullet that fixes that. As far as tanks go Amumu isn't particularly inherently tanky. Poor timing on initiations will contribute to whether you get lit up or not more than a bit more health or a bit more AP.

The information I've found so far as far as win rates confirm show that *drumroll*...doesn't matter. SotSW builds have insignificantly higher win rates. Would you rather have stronger clear/sustain/objective potential/ganks or better tankiness/protection/warding? If you want to argue that the match conditions you play in at a high level make SotAG's benefits preferable, that's fine, but it's certainly not a truism across all ranks.

Ferrio said:
I feel like I need to run someone who can push objectives.

Xin It To Win It!

garath

Opinion time.. others may disagree with me.

A jungler has no place split pushing. Which means at no point will you be looking at taking towers solo and that lowers the effectiveness of someone like Yi. If I see a jungler doing that, that's like a green light to take control of the other half of the map. You're also giving up baron control late game if you do that.

Astrong objective jungler is someone that can gank effectively and potentially solo or duo dragon early. Not surprisingly it's the more popular junglers that can do stuff like this:

Pantheon
Kha'zix
Elise

Pantheon is my favorite. Great map control with the ult, has good AD for helping to push down those towers early when you get a successful gank and he's a strong duelist. With proper lane pressure you can extend your control into the opponent's jungle.

You're going to get tower control by influencing your laners with your ganks and your map control, not by split pushing or taking them yourself.

Again, all of this is just things that I've found success with. I know there are guys that swear by tank junglers and wreak havoc on the enemy with it.

edit:

Bonus jungler time. I've recently been enjoying Fiddlesticks. He has a lot of strengths as a solo queue jungler. Good ganks, great dragon and baron control and good dueling potential.

Udyr gets a bad reputation because of trick2g afk farming with him, but you can have a lot of success going elder lizard and having a presence early.
If you're going to play Elder Lizard Udyr, might as well pick a non-gimmicky early game jungler like Eve or Kha instead.

garath

AP amumu blows up carries. His AP ratios are really really good. You're basically a suicide bomber to nuke the enemy team with your giant ult and AoE E. With 300 AP you're doing around 1400 damage with a single Q->R->E. 900 of that is AoE.

He does have a little bit of a rough midgame though. Farm like a beast if you're going to do that.

Ferrio

Banned
Opinion time.. others may disagree with me.

A jungler has no place split pushing. Which means at no point will you be looking at taking towers solo and that lowers the effectiveness of someone like Yi. If I see a jungler doing that, that's like a green light to take control of the other half of the map. You're also giving up baron control late game if you do that.

I 100% agree with you, but I also have gone the regular route and watched my team do horrible and I'm watching jungle yi's carry the other team through splitpushing.

Even input from people here seem if I wanna climb out I need to do some hard carry type of champion. I don't like Yi I don't want to play Yi. But I've played Lee/Eve/mumu/mao ganked up lanes and watched my teammates do nothing with it. I've played tank junglers to try and win teamfights, and just watch my team recall after a fight, or just stand back doing nothing during the fight.

Newt

I 100% agree with you, but I also have gone the regular route and watched my team do horrible and I'm watching jungle yi's carry the other team through splitpushing.

Even input from people here seem if I wanna climb out I need to do some hard carry type of champion. I don't like Yi I don't want to play Yi. But I've played Lee/Eve ganked up lanes a ton and watched my teammates do nothing with it. I've played tank junglers to try and win teamfights, and just watch my team recall after a fight, or just stand back doing nothing during the fight.
You just need a signature champion that you're super confident on, not even a hard carry champion.

brian!

yeah don't concentrate on what you're picking rather than how you're playing
i like all these doctor posts prescribing things for ferrio but

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom