• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT7| She Ezreal To Me, Dammit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Einbroch

Banned
This texture rehaul isn't even being made by the guys that actually do Visual updates.

Also the client just literally got the first steps of the rework. I assume the current version is no longer running on Adobe AIR

The patcher update that we are releasing to PBE includes a lot of the core tech needed for a new client. The patcher update won’t use Adobe AIR, it is built on our own native code base and HTML5 UI.

Not on Adobe AIR anymore. Thank God.

jerd

Garen buff seems kind of random. I just don't really see what it does for him. I'm sure in theory it gives him better split-push potential later on, but it doesn't really fix any of his problems.

zkylon

zkylewd
I like the one on the left better, aside from possibly the knives. That also looks smaller to me than what it would look like ingame but maybe I would need to compare with a screenshot off my own system.

The Graves example looks okay, but I don't like the new faded blurry map style either. It looks a lot like the DOTA 2 style. I think I would prefer the old style for both cases.
well ur wrong lol

akali's more of a debatable case tho

lb21.jpg

like lebonk doesn't burn your retina now

zkylon

zkylewd
i do smartcast+indicators. i tried without them but it just feels weird

also i have smartcast off by default and just shift+click to cast spells

it's a preference thing

I don't think this fixes anything. You're still going to rush IE and hope for RNG, it's just slightly more expensive now.

Cool... I guess?

I don't see what this solves to be honest.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
well ur wrong lol

akali's more of a debatable case tho

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-CiaQdBq7kUM/VBNl4Ep9JMI/AAAAAAAAYd0/_73r4S0-aus/s1600/lb21.jpg[/IG]

like lebonk doesn't burn your retina now[/QUOTE]

Leblanc is actually a human being now!

Sofo

ungh! D; 2 more games to win on Ascension for that icon! And every time it seems a champion from the other team won't get ascended... BAM! ._.

Also some team comps are like wtf.

I still have fun with it Ascension mode though, I mean it's a dumb game of slaughter, how could I not have fun with it.

I don't think this fixes anything. You're still going to rush IE and hope for RNG, it's just slightly more expensive now.

Cool... I guess?

They're trying to make a BT rush viable again, I guess.

One of the biggest reasons for a BT rush was how it was severely cheaper than a IE rush. Making IE more expensive makes BT look more attractive in comparison, which can push team comps and strategies torwards BT carries.

Not that I think that making it 150 gold more expensive will accomplish that, but I can see what they're going with. Buffing BT without actually buffing it.

zkylon

zkylewd

Cool... I guess?

it makes ie less gold efficient and slower to build so basically indirect buff to everything else

probably won't change much other than removing a bit of power from ie rushing adcs

ppl are rushing ss on trist anyways so just a small nerf to general adc midgame

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
They're going overboard with the texture reworks, now they don't pop at all.

Am I a nub for using normal cast on Morg?
Smartcasting is only really "mandatory" for champions that need to use their spells quickly and within a short timespan; Ryze and Cassiopea come to mind. Someone like Morgana is the opposite end of the spectrum. I go for both styles depending on the champion, but just stick to what you're comfortable with really.

zkylon

zkylewd
They're going overboard with the texture reworks, now they don't pop at all.

you're still mostly seeing them against the current map background. They're designed to pop on the new map.

They're trying to make a BT rush viable again, I guess.

One of the biggest reasons for a BT rush was how it was severely cheaper than a IE rush. Making IE more expensive makes BT look more attractive in comparison, which can push team comps and strategies torwards BT carries.

Not that I think that making it 150 gold more expensive will accomplish that, but I can see what they're going with. Buffing BT without actually buffing it.

the biggest reason for rushing BT was that it was the highest AD item in the game (aside from an unstacked SotO) and it had sustain too.

Nobody's going to rush BT still and nobody should rush BT. It's a defensive item. IE will still be the dominant build because it's the best option for straight damage. Now it's just slightly more expensive.

It's not going to change what people rush.

Just a weird change all around imo. I don't think IEs were being built too early aside from like 14 minute Trist IEs after she gets a quadra at a dragon fight. #balanced.

It just makes ADCs weaker as a whole in the early mid-game and delays their power spike which was already delayed by the switch to IE rush.

If anything it's going to make champions that were already not necessarily in a great spot because of how much later that spike was (Draven) even worse.

zkylon

zkylewd
i think the adc landscape won't be changed much till preseason

like maybe just nerfing kog and trist will bring the early game adcs back, i mean i don't even think adcs are in a bad spot right now, it's just that tristana is unbearable and nobody fucking likes her

i would be ok with just gutting trist

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
These new textures are meant for the new SR, they're not supposed to look good on current SR.

I'm aware, I'm trying to imagine them on the new map. The new SR has less clutter, but if they unclutter the textures this much (or maybe it's just Akali and Ori), the end result is going to be the same as now, but with a soft looking map, and soft looking textures.

I'm aware, I'm trying to imagine them on the new map. Currently, there's a bit of visual clutter issue with the overly detailed models and overly detailed map. The new SR has less clutter, but if they unclutter the textures this much (or maybe it's just Akali and Ori), it's going to go back to where they were before, but with a soft looking map, and soft looking textures.
No need to imagine, it's on video

There's both the old and the new textures on the new map, notice how the new Akali pops much more.

i think the adc landscape won't be changed much till preseason

like maybe just nerfing kog and trist will bring the early game adcs back, i mean i don't even think adcs are in a bad spot right now, it's just that tristana is unbearable and nobody fucking likes her

i would be ok with just gutting trist

I'd be interested to see what Kog's like if Trist is adequately nerfed. But yeah, aside from Trist being too overbearing I think ADCs are in an ok spot right now.

Some need to be brought up (Draven, Varus, Quinn. Maybe Graves again) but in general I think most carries have their niche they fit into that will change depending on how the meta shifts.

Just hope they go a little further with the Trist nerfs. I do find it funny they spent so long buffing her to try and bring her up to power only to realise that when the game shifted in her favour it became blatantly obvious how toxic her kit is.

No need to imagine, it's on video

There's both the old and the new textures on the new map, notice how the new Akali pops much more.

yeah they look way better on the new map. They did a great job.

Einbroch

Banned
Funny how just six months ago I thought Riot was one of the shittiest companies on the planet with supporting their game and now they're on fire.

Blizzard

Banned
you're still mostly seeing them against the current map background. They're designed to pop on the new map.

the biggest reason for rushing BT was that it was the highest AD item in the game (aside from an unstacked SotO) and it had sustain too.

Nobody's going to rush BT still and nobody should rush BT. It's a defensive item. IE will still be the dominant build because it's the best option for straight damage. Now it's just slightly more expensive.

It's not going to change what people rush.

Just a weird change all around imo. I don't think IEs were being built too early aside from like 14 minute Trist IEs after she gets a quadra at a dragon fight. #balanced.

It just makes ADCs weaker as a whole in the early mid-game and delays their power spike which was already delayed by the switch to IE rush.

If anything it's going to make champions that were already not necessarily in a great spot because of how much later that spike was (Draven) even worse.
Why would you send 4 people to defend dragon if you're weak enough that a no-item Tristana can quadrakill you at 13 minutes? It would probably hurt your team less to just give up that dragon.

I like Tristana. She's cheery like Teemo, and it would be sad if she got moved to a spot like Vayne where even their own teammates hate them.

garath

Funny how just six months ago I thought Riot was one of the shittiest companies on the planet with supporting their game and now they're on fire.

Probably because they've been working on these new summoner rift changes for a long time behind the scenes and only now we're seeing the fruits of their labors.

Why would you send 4 people to defend dragon if you're weak enough that a no-item Tristana can quadrakill you at 13 minutes? It would probably hurt your team less to just give up that dragon.

Do you just like... not understand the concept of a 5 v 5 dragon fight or am I missing something here?

Like, you have watched competitive play and played the game recently right?

pigeon

Banned

I like Tristana. She's cheery like Teemo, and it would be sad if she got moved to a spot like Vayne where even their own teammates hate them.

Don't worry. People hate Vayne because Vayne players are obnoxious about how hard it is to play Vayne.

It will never be hard to play Tristana.

zkylon

zkylewd
I'd be interested to see what Kog's like if Trist is adequately nerfed. But yeah, aside from Trist being too overbearing I think ADCs are in an ok spot right now.

Some need to be brought up (Draven, Varus, Quinn. Maybe Graves again) but in general I think most carries have their niche they fit into that will change depending on how the meta shifts.

Just hope they go a little further with the Trist nerfs. I do find it funny they spent so long buffing her to try and bring her up to power only to realise that when the game shifted in her favour it became blatantly obvious how toxic her kit is.
i can see lucy and twitch dominating after trist is gone but damn if that wouldn't be a huge improvement

i think the adc rework in general was a step in the right direction as imo adcs were getting kind of stupidly strong midgames so i would like for riot to wait and see a bit how the adc are after trist is ded.

like if they buff everyone again then what was the point of nerfing bt. i really feel like the adc rework thing was actually really good in direction even if it missed the mark by quite some bit. imo they should just try and push outliers towards the intent of that rework (aka lowering early-mid game strength of adcs and opening up more options) in case they go nuts like trist

altho personally i think trist is an awful champion and should be destroyed :p

Blizzard

Banned
Do you just like... not understand the concept of a 5 v 5 dragon fight or am I missing something here?

Like, you have watched competitive play and played the game recently right?
I mean, when Tristana doesn't have any items at 12 minutes, and you still manage to lose four people to her while also giving her all four of those kills instead of kills + assists, you're probably not doing so great anyway. It might be better to wait for a more favorable engage even if it means giving up dragon, so you can focus the Tristana better. If she's forced to jump to escape, she may not be able to contribute well to a fight.

Is your objection solely about her resets for a dragon fight? I suspect many ADC's might be able to buy an Infinity Edge early if someone gave them a quadrakill at 12 minutes.

I mean, when Tristana doesn't have any items at 12 minutes, and you still manage to lose four people to her while also giving her all four of those kills instead of kills + assists, you're probably not doing so great anyway. It might be better to wait for a more favorable engage even if it means giving up dragon, so you can focus the Tristana better. If she's forced to jump to escape, she may not be able to contribute well to a fight.

Is your objection solely about her resets for a dragon fight? I suspect many ADC's might be able to buy an Infinity Edge early if someone gave them a quadrakill at 12 minutes.

The point is that because of resets Tristana doesn't need to be strong at 12 or 13 minutes or whatever to get a quadra kill in a dragon fight. All she needs is some low hp targets and like a pickaxe or something to just goomba stomp one after the other and get resets which means more kills. No other ADC has that sort of power and can overcome their apparently weak mid-game like Tristana can.

A well placed Ori ult or something giving her low HP targets will mean kills, early Infinity Edge and probably a won game because Tristana has no counterplay except hope she doesn't get ahead early.

Nekofrog

Banned
The point is that because of resets Tristana doesn't need to be strong at 12 or 13 minutes or whatever to get a quadra kill in a dragon fight. All she needs is some low hp targets and like a pickaxe or something to just goomba stomp one after the other and get resets which means more kills. No other ADC has that sort of power and can overcome their apparently weak mid-game like Tristana can.

A well placed Ori ult or something giving her low HP targets will mean kills, early Infinity Edge and probably a won game because Tristana has no counterplay except hope she doesn't get ahead early.

except if you have a corki or a lucian or anyone else who's good at bullying doing their job and bullying her so hard that they bring a B.F sword or sheen/phage to said fight, trist will never do that.

zkylon

zkylewd

you can't afford to give away dragons early against trist either as that's just giving her free lategame

trist is fucked dude, she needs to go

except if you have a corki or a lucian or anyone else who's good at bullying doing their job and bullying her so hard that they bring a B.F sword or sheen/phage to said fight, trist will never do that.
this is kind of why i hate the idea of "late game" champions

like basically your whole team is depending on one guy that might not be yourself to a) pick something that counters that other champion hard and b) plays it really well to the point the trist or ryze or whatever is completely shut down. and the ryze can just get camped by the jungler and then there's nothing you can do

that's not so cool imo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom