• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT7| She Ezreal To Me, Dammit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newt

And people say climbing is hard. Only started playing ranked seriously a few weeks ago and got to Gold fairly easily from Silver 4. Now to see if Platinum is possible before the season ends.
Congrats.

But the record, I still think ranked is pretty tough, lol.

brian!

if ur prtty good at video games ranked kinda seems like it's mainly a grind
cuz u basically learn as u go, and when u hit a wall u learn until you can pass that wall
like as long as you are flexible and up for playing to learn without being pissy about everything im pretty sure you can go up divisions prtty easily

Newt

if ur prtty good at video games ranked kinda seems like it's mainly a grind
cuz u basically learn as u go, and when u hit a wall u learn until you can pass that wall
Yeah, I agree with that.

Had walls at Silver V, Gold V, Plat III, Diamond V. Plat is a pain in the ass, lol.

Ferrio

Banned
I had such a bad streak of games when I first placed, wasn't a "tough" issue was more of a frustrating issue. Haven't had a bad experience since those. I've had losses, but nothing like those first games 7 games. Here's hoping Silver I -> Gold V is smooth sailing. Something tells me there's going to be a lot of thirsty and easily pissed people in queues.

brian!

yeah i mean i personally dont like grinding in any game unless its tony hawk pro skater u feel me
and when the grind includes wading thru the league humanity i can see it making ppl weary
but thankfully im in elo heaven so w/e

Newt

yeah i mean i personally dont like grinding in any game unless its tony hawk pro skater u feel me
and when the grind includes wading thru the league humanity i can see it making ppl weary
but thankfully im in elo heaven so w/e
You're deep in elo hell. You just don't know it yet.

Jeff-DSA

I had such a bad streak of games when I first placed, wasn't a "tough" issue was more of a frustrating issue. Haven't had a bad experience since those. I've had losses, but nothing like those first games 7 games.

That's a good way of putting it. Frustrating, not tough.

If you have plenty of time (I'm lucky if I can play more than 1-2 matches a night, 4-5 times a week), it's not tough to keep moving upward. But when you don't have lot of time, those frustrations get magnified because teammates that are ruining games on purpose make it feel like you're 100% wasting time rather than playing a game.

Like I was one game (97 LP) from a promo series to get into Silver 2 and right as the game started a teammate said, "if I win this one, I'm out of Bronze." Another teammate responded by saying, "you never say that, so now I feed." He did. We lost. It was actually sort of close, even with him running into towers and crap on purpose. Had he just played, my teammate would have promoted and I would have hit promos. Instead I ended up losing the next match and all of a sudden I was in the middle of my tier again. Who knows if the other guy got back to promos quickly or not.

Stuff like that is maddening.

The game is awesome, the community playing ranked needs work.

zkylon

zkylewd
i think this was the worst team comp i've ever seen

6ADE441FB86CC857A018440B94A8B928B677646E

Nekofrog

Banned
Gold 1 is kind of a wall for panda and I but I attribute that to the fact that we usually only get to play the three or four nights a month, and if one of those nights is bad it kind of resets progress. I should solo in between but I usually get stuck watching sirhcez or cowsep with my feet up on my desk and my chair reclined so I don't wanna move

Actually now that I think about it every night is generally the same. Come home from work and do one of three things

1 watch streamers in said relaxed position
2 spam normals with gaf
3 hang out with my wife

I think I need to get rid of my wife

Bob White

One win away from gold then a series of afks/dc'd/"lagging guys sry" happen. Like, seriously, this happens 70% of the time it feels like. In the past 3 days it's feels like I've only had 2 fair ranked matches out of 10. Nothing loss prevented. Nothing happens but wasting my time. At least I can fucking ff at ten in smite. This waste of 20 minutes is the worst part of it all.

FUCK THIS GAME

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Gold 1 is kind of a wall for panda and I but I attribute that to the fact that we usually only get to play the three or four nights a month, and if one of those nights is bad it kind of resets progress. I should solo in between but I usually get stuck watching sirhcez or cowsep with my feet up on my desk and my chair reclined so I don't wanna move

Actually now that I think about it every night is generally the same. Come home from work and do one of three things

1 watch streamers in said relaxed position
2 spam normals with gaf
3 hang out with my wife

I think I need to get rid of my wife
thats because you pick troll champions like tristana.

cait and yi all day, then see what happens.

brian!

i mean so far it's ok but I don't see any reason to say it stands out in some way
and it's pretty repetitive and there's no exploration
im only up to the part where they go camping though

zkylon

zkylewd
Did you win?
lol no

udyr was verbally abusive and kept telling teemo to stop whining when teemo wasn't saying anything and he got his baron stolen, it was pretty bad lol

only good thing whole game was once we managed to bait both zed and rengar into trying to kill quinn and they both messed up so we got like 2 turrets out of it

but then udyr kind of went trying to tank a turret and destroy it or something

i think he was like silver 4 or something and kept telling ppl they were bronzies

overall a fun game lol

Ferrio

Banned
lol no

udyr was verbally abusive and kept telling teemo to stop whining when teemo wasn't saying anything and he got his baron stolen, it was pretty bad lol

only good thing whole game was once we managed to bait both zed and rengar into trying to kill quinn and they both messed up so we got like 2 turrets out of it

but then udyr kind of went trying to tank a turret and destroy it or something

i think he was like silver 4 or something and kept telling ppl they were bronzies

overall a fun game lol

I haven't met an Udyr that isn't a dick.

zkylon

zkylewd
played a bit of azir

he's giving me zed vibes like how hard it is for me to completely understand how to use him on a base level

:/

Q8D3vil

Man, losing games for 2 days now.
Im just gonna learn new champions, not worth playing seriously when i get peopl who cant play for shit.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
HOLY

FUCKING

SHIT

at the song and the video.

If Riot made games half as well as they make promotional videos I'd never play anything else.

Einbroch

Banned
I really hope they update their borders/casting UI/etc for Worlds. They seem to be doing a lot right, but oof. Those square portraits, cheesy black and blue borders, awful fonts...

brian!

macho revenge fantasy lyrics about how ppl that play and make video games are more important than they actually are
like they are hitting their target demographic prtty hard

Opiate

Maybe it's just that I've played enough Dominion to know how to play the map, but players on Ascension mode are incredibly bad at strategic thinking. I'm rapidly approaching a 2:1 W:L ratio.

People also don't pick champions very well. Everyone is picking Assassins: by contrast, I've done exceptionally well with Leona, AD Tristana, and now Zilean.

Burt

Maybe it's just that I've played enough Dominion to know how to play the map, but players on Ascension mode are incredibly bad at strategic thinking. I'm rapidly approaching a 2:1 W:L ratio.

People also don't pick champions very well. Everyone is picking Assassins: by contrast, I've done exceptionally well with Leona, AD Tristana, and now Zilean.
Zilean ult works on ascended champs, right?

You cheese-a-roni, you.

zkylon

zkylewd
Hah, you wish for non static loading screens.
well dem animated splash arts look dam cool

The only thing that team comp is good at is trolling people.

Should've had AP Singed instead of Veigar for maximum success.
yeah like was just a random blind pick game and we got the teemo+veigar instalock and also a jungle yi hover

so we went along and threw quinn and blitz to round it up

yi ended up switching to udyr, for all the good he did us

I don't really understand the appeal of this.
i understand it, i'm not necessarily a fan of it tho

too angsty with like american drawings and american rock band is kinda super boring imo

i was hoping for more anime again :/

brian!

"warriors"
culd have overdubbed footage from The Warriors but no

"[Najin White Shield] come out and playay [League of Legends]"

Opiate

Zilean ult works on ascended champs, right?

You cheese-a-roni, you.

You can, and I sometimes do, but it's not the key to Zilean being good on that map. Perhaps people are just programmed from summoner's rift, but a lot of people see an enemy champion and simply assume they must fight. You can take advantage of this phenomenon particularly well as Zilean; I have often gotten 2 or even 3 enemy champs to chase me around as I constantly speed myself up. I do ultimately die, but even when I do, it often ends up being a 10-15 second CC on 2-3 champs who did nothing during that period but try and kill me. And if they don't chase me, then I constantly whiz around the map capping the pillars. I avoid conflict for the most part and focus entirely on map control.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom