• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT7| She Ezreal To Me, Dammit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like league has ruined my ability to play other games.

Not because I'm addicted to league or anything, but because I've put so much goddamn time into learning how to play this game and becoming decent at it that I can't even FATHOM starting from scratch with another game. No matter what genre it's in.

I probably won't be able to play a new game until the next borderlands comes out and that's nice because they just give me a lot of guns and things to shoot.

I feel like league has ruined my ability to play other games.

Not because I'm addicted to league or anything, but because I've put so much goddamn time into learning how to play this game and becoming decent at it that I can't even FATHOM starting from scratch with another game. No matter what genre it's in.

I probably won't be able to play a new game until the next borderlands comes out and that's nice because they just give me a lot of guns and things to shoot.
I have this problem with other MOBAs, not other games. For example, Dawngate looks to be a really good MOBA, I enjoy the beta and still play once in a while. It's very well made and plays a lot like LoL with some key changes. Strife is another MOBA I want to try that I've heard good things about.

The problem is, I'll never be able to 'main' any of those other MOBAs simply because, like you, I have so much invested in LoL. Not even the money... I've spent maybe $130 lifetime, but the sheer amount of hours and stuff I have unlocked. Also the knowledge base... knowing the ins and outs of over 100 champs, all the items, all the customizations. Just so much investment.

This is why I think these new MOBAs are never going to come close to the heights of LoL, or even DotA 2, no matter how good they are. Similar story with World of Warcraft, actually.

I have this problem with other MOBAs, not other games. For example, Dawngate looks to be a really good MOBA, I enjoy the beta and still play once in a while. It's very well made and plays a lot like LoL with some key changes. Strife is another MOBA I want to try that I've heard good things about.

The problem is, I'll never be able to 'main' any of those other MOBAs simply because, like you, I have so much invested in LoL. Not even the money... I've spent maybe $130 lifetime, but the sheer amount of hours and stuff I have unlocked. Also the knowledge base... knowing the ins and outs of over 100 champs, all the items, all the customizations. Just so much investment.

This is why I think these new MOBAs are never going to come close to the heights of LoL, or even DotA 2, no matter how good they are. Similar story with World of Warcraft, actually.

It's actually what attracted me to strife because it seems extremely simplified. But even then, I look at the item list and my eyes glaze over. It's like my brain refuses to learn new things.

Any game with any sort of depth just turns me off immediately. I don't know what it is.

Ferga

In the past 4-5 years, I've left league three times.

Guild wars 2, CSGO and battlefield 3

Always came crawling back to try and climb the ladder

Tizoc

Any alternative builds on Twitch you guys have seen lately? Getting kinda bored of going BoRK, Youmuu, IE, LW, Armor >_>;

Bruiser Aatrox so good.

Hydra/Zephyr/BT. GA/Randy's/Visage. Tons of damage AOE burst drain tank.

I know Zephy is cheaper by like 1000 Gold or so, but why not build BoRK instead?

Ascension is a really fucking awful game mode.

Lately it's my brother's go to mode when playing LoL.
I don't like the small vision field though. I was Fiora chasing a Pantheon, I pressed R to ulti and he disappeared from view and the ulti didn't come out...

If your top lane pool is pathetic, then I'd suggest against gnar. Fill it in with something more reliable.

Ended up getting Malphite Eve and Yasuo. Eve because I want to learn her, I'm confident she will be the ultimate skin. Malphite should be another top laner along with my Renekton/Jax/Ryze, and if I can just put some time into learning Nidalee/Gragas/Darius then I should be sorted. Kinda lacking for ranged tops, which is why I was considering Gnar or maybe Jayce, but Gnar seems like quite a difficult champ to learn.

Newt

Ehh, I came to league from Halo.

They don't feel that different to me. In league, I sit in the back and auto attack as ADC. In Halo, I sit in the back as a sniper.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD

I always quit once I hit my ranked goal for the season.

Nekofrog

Banned
5LcdP.png

ghost someone in another thread asked me if this is you

it might be from a while ago

Ferga

Try to dodge with 4 seconds left because I have a support warwick with smite

Log back in and it didn't dodge and ww afks the whole game.

Sigh... this god damn client...

Sofo

Someone stop me from buying Championship Thresh ;( or at least help me not feel bad for buying it! ._.

I have become one of "those" people!

Kenai

Someone stop me from buying Championship Thresh ;( or at least help me not feel bad for buying it! ._.

I have become one of "those" people!

But you should feel bad for buying it cause it's a mediocre skin. Don't be fooled by the rare-ness!

That feeling when you're 2 points away from a perfect match in Ascension...

...and your Yi decides to to ty solo the dude in the middle and gets it stolen.

2 POINTS FROM PERFECT. 198/200.

Because why cap a normal point when you can throw the game for everyone trying to get a perfect icon.

Sofo

That feeling when you're 2 points away from a perfect match in Ascension...

...and your Yi decides to to ty solo the dude in the middle and gets it stolen.

2 POINTS FROM PERFECT. 198/200.

Because why cap a normal point when you can throw the game for everyone trying to get a perfect icon.

Wow that is painful...

And I bought the skin! ;x

Ferga

SteamyPink70: listen up everyone. play your lanes safe . I do not gank. i farm all game.
SteamyPink70: i am not being sarcastic. i _ do _ not _ gank
SteamyPink70: whoever is mid. i need to have a conversation with you. listen up
SteamyPink70: I letting you know now, their jungler is going to camp mid. Now, for some reason, all mids seem to act suprised when the enemy jungler camps mid even though it happens every game.
SteamyPink70: kids type "omg he is camping mid so hard" as if its something new. well listen up. i will save you the trouble of finding out mid-game about the enemy jungler camping mid.
SteamyPink70: im letting you know right now. that the enemy jungler is going to be camping mid.
SteamyPink70: whoever is mid. i need to have a conversation with you. listen up
SteamyPink70: I letting you know now, their jungler is going to camp mid. Now, for some reason, all mids seem to act suprised when the enemy jungler camps mid even though it happens every game.
SteamyPink70: kids type "omg he is camping mid so hard" as if its something new. well listen up. i will save you the trouble of finding out mid-game about the enemy jungler camping mid.

All macroed and spamming on a cycle. Can't wait to mute.

Ferga

The guy had over 1100 ranked games on yi this season and he seems to know nothing about the champion.

Holy shit.

He just alpha strikes into everything and gives double buff to enemies. A jarvan who spent the entire game ganking out-leveled a yi who farmed for 18minutes.

5.9/4.9/6 average kda

Jesus christ.

Sofo

The guy had over 1100 ranked games on yi this season and he seems to know nothing about the champion.

Holy shit.

He just alpha strikes into everything and gives double buff to enemies. A jarvan who spent the entire game ganking out-leveled a yi who farmed for 18minutes.

5.9/4.9/6 average kda

Jesus christ.

Wait hold on, this person is Plat 1? wtf

Ferga

And that sealed the deal.

Kha zix losing jungle to xin zhao and riven top losing tower at level 3 and on 9cs when fiora is level 9 and on 70cs

In a span of 4 games, I was dealt with 2 afkers and 3 intentional feeders.

Done with ranked this season. Hopefully the season ends soon. Don't think I can handle another diamond 5 game

Tizoc

Phantom Dancer has excellent synergy with Blade Waltz.

I tend to build PD for the attack speed boost...but now I've resigned to going Hydra>LW>Bloodthirster>Armor>Whatever

Heck most of my Fiora matches end with me having Hydra and LW lol.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Why? I still struggle in comparing champions strengths on matchups. ty!
Fiora will just win 1v1 vs. Riven. Riven has no opportunity to kite against Fiora, and Fiora's damage output is just higher. Because Fiora gets immunity during the ultimate she'll just win every fight past level six.

Ocho

I usually play one or two games of csgo per day. Also they are fixing battlefield 4 next week, you should try it out.

Ehh, I came to league from Halo.

They don't feel that different to me. In league, I sit in the back and auto attack as ADC. In Halo, I sit in the back as a sniper.

I sometimes want to buy an Xbox One just for Halo. Are you planning to go back?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom