• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT7| She Ezreal To Me, Dammit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff-DSA

Another lesson learned. Don't go to the bathroom after your pick in champ select. You might come back too late to dodge and find out that your team was fighting and you ended up without a support and you have no chance to win.

I think I just crossed the point of caring. You can't care if you want to enjoy this game. Now to play like the rest of the masses.

bokn

Banned
You're meant to just care about yourself.

If you don't have a support, then try to own the lane 2v1. You need a more positive mentality, Jeff.

If you lost because you had a dc, just think, well that's fine, because I'm going to win my next game. Or, I did pretty well 4v5.

In the end, the only constant in all your games is yourself. Who gives a shit if x450yol0 disconnected that game or if ahrisniper fed in another.

Jeff-DSA

You're meant to just care about yourself.

If you don't have a support, then try to own the lane 2v1. You need a more positive mentality, Jeff.

If you lost because you had a dc, just think, well that's fine, because I'm going to win my next game. Or, I did pretty well 4v5.

In the end, the only constant in all your games is yourself. Who gives a shit if x450yol0 disconnected that game or if ahrisniper fed in another.

Oh, I had someone in the lane with me. He died a lot and stole farm. That's how that went down. I'm not exaggerating here, but like 70% of my games have at least one problem player. I don't get it.

Here's the build he went too.

D68QJLx.png

But whatever. Last time I stopped caring I won 8 straight, so here goes...

rakhir

And now Svenskeren got banned for the whole group stage of the Worlds!
I don't think there's a stupider thing he could have done. Hopefully SK will dump his toxic ass because of this.

Leezard

How are people maxing/ evolving/ building him these days? I've been having fun with him recently but I'm not sure I'm doinitrite.

evolve:
W first if you are in need of waveclear, or you are not invading and killing the enemy jungler.

Q first if you are invading and killing the enemy jungler and your team has enough waveclear.

E after that in most cases.

Ferga

How are people maxing/ evolving/ building him these days? I've been having fun with him recently but I'm not sure I'm doinitrite.

1. Max evolve W if your team has no siege/wave clear.

- Run 5% cdr blues and 5% cdr in masteries to spam Ws

2. Max Evolve Q if your team has wave clear and has very easy lanes to gank. (isolation damage is huge)

- Run a normal ad page

General build is elder lizard -> brutaliser / Hydra (or both) -> Last whisper -> Defense item or finish cleaver.

Get merc treads or lucidity boots somewhere.

Feebastic

Okay, thanks guys - not too far off of what I've been doing already, except I never thought too much about evolving W first. I'll keep a look out for low wave clear comps etc in future.

Mothman91

Ranked teams is beautiful. Our team is now 7-2. Last game we played was a team with plats and one challenger, and we crushed them.

No toxicity at all, good teamwork, solid communication, just a ton of fun. Game earlier I was sup (Leo/Cait against Lucian/Braum) and we got wrecked by a Diamond adc, rest of the map not going too well either, but we had a strong comp - Mundo, Vi, Syndra, Cait, Leo - so when teamfights happened we started winning. Was a really fun game.

Only wish I could've had a good ranked team sooner.

On said team I have a 9.5 kda with Leona through four games. We're hoping we can get our ranked team to platinum, we're currently on about 65LP gold 5 at the moment.

zkylon

zkylewd
yeah ranked teams is great

like if i set /all chat to mute it's beautiful

also match quality is awesome sometimes

unfortunately i keep running into like 4 golds and a diamond or something which makes for kind of shitty games

yeah ranked teams is great

like if i set /all chat to mute it's beautiful

also match quality is awesome sometimes

unfortunately i keep running into like 4 golds and a diamond or something which makes for kind of shitty games

Guys on our team have been looking up their rankings so it can be fun to play around that. Like they had a diamond lucian who was fed, so it basically a matter of if we could keep him down.

It does suck if you are in a solo lane and are getting destroyed though. We're finding team comps with strong teamfights are really good because the best way for us to counter lopsided teams with only 1-2 carries is with teamwork.

bokn

Banned
Guys on our team have been looking up their rankings so it can be fun to play around that. Like they had a diamond lucian who was fed, so it basically a matter of if we could keep him down.

It does suck if you are in a solo lane and are getting destroyed though. We're finding team comps with strong teamfights are really good because the best way for us to counter lopsided teams with only 1-2 carries is with teamwork.

Which position did you need

zkylon

zkylewd

we generally go for pick comps with like very strongly contesting morg or thresh and maybe vi since our jungler has kind of a limited champ pool

depending on who plays top he'll go with something safe and we'll get me last pick. if our more risky top laner is playing i'll just go blindpick ori or something to get him his counterpick.

but yeah i tend to favor pick comps as i find them less risky, just go ahri or syndra or lizzy and a long range pick spell support and go hunting on their jungle

even my way of playing ori is a lot less teamfight oriented simply cos i find that wombo combos are just too much work to pull off. i barely even do the whole "ball delivery system" thing anymore :p

Laieon

I just started playing again after not playing for awhile, and I feel like the communities gotten even worse than it used to be. Not only do you still get the toxic attitudes on your own team, but now you get toxic attitudes from the other team as well, even if they stomp you.

At this point, I'm highly considering just muting everyone right off the bat. Really wish I still knew people who played, because the community ran pretty much all of them off.

Ranked teams is beautiful. Our team is now 7-2. Last game we played was a team with plats and one challenger, and we crushed them.

No toxicity at all, good teamwork, solid communication, just a ton of fun. Game earlier I was sup (Leo/Cait against Lucian/Braum) and we got wrecked by a Diamond adc, rest of the map not going too well either, but we had a strong comp - Mundo, Vi, Syndra, Cait, Leo - so when teamfights happened we started winning. Was a really fun game.

Only wish I could've had a good ranked team sooner.

On said team I have a 9.5 kda with Leona through four games. We're hoping we can get our ranked team to platinum, we're currently on about 65LP gold 5 at the moment.

This sounds like a dream come true.

Jeff-DSA

I just started playing again after not playing for awhile, and I feel like the communities gotten even worse than it used to be. Not only do you still get the toxic attitudes on your own team, but now you get toxic attitudes from the other team as well, even if they stomp you.

At this point, I'm highly considering just muting everyone right off the bat. Really wish I still knew people who played, because the community ran pretty much all of them off.

I think it's way, way more toxic now than it was, say, a year ago. Ultimately it's in the name of progress, but I think in the long term it may be an improvement. Riot did away with the Tribunal, where people manually reviewed players who had received a lot of negative reports and now they've shifted to an automated system that supposedly can detect and ban toxic players. So far I don't think it's anywhere near as effective as the old Tribunal system, but it might eventually be better as they continue to hone in the process.

I figure that most people are like me and they're ok losing matches if they're simply being outplayed or aren't as good as those they play against. What's really tough to swallow is losing because people are just being outright toxic. It's a bummer that it's on the rise, but I do have (hopefully not misguided) faith that Riot will figure out ways of improving the landscape of play.

Edwardo

I don't know if this method of detection is better or not, but I do know that my friend has gotten a week ban and multiple chat restrictions since they went to the new system.

Jeff-DSA

I don't know if this method of detection is better or not, but I do know that my friend has gotten a week ban and multiple chat restrictions since they went to the new system.

I only know of one person personally that was banned, but it was for letting his unemployed brother play in his account who was super toxic. It took weeks before anything happened though.

Ascension is so easy.

Pick a bruiser or a resetting assassin.

Don't contest Xerath unless you ace them (treat it like Baron).

One relic = three kills, and you can't back, so don't chase someone all over the map if they're low. Conversely, if you're low you're useless, so get yourself killed (not sure if Xerath counts as an execute).

Of course you also need a coordinated team that sticks together and knows how to move from relic to relic.

Matches take around 15-20 minutes.

EDIT: mobility is really important too. Pick a champ with a speed boost/dash/jump/gap-closer. Ghost is really useful, Flash less so. I like Heal+Ghost.

And being low on HP isn't the end-all if you're a sustain champ like Sona or Garen.

Ranked down in the middle of the day? Seriously?

Ascension is so easy.

Pick a bruiser or a resetting assassin.

Don't contest Xerath unless you ace them (treat it like Baron).

One relic = three kills, and you can't back, so don't chase someone all over the map if they're low. Conversely, if you're low you're useless, so get yourself killed (not sure if Xerath counts as an execute).

Of course you also need a coordinated team that sticks together and knows how to move from relic to relic.

Matches take around 15-20 minutes.
Looks like sound advice, I'm gonna give it another shot later.

zkylon

zkylewd
About how long are the matches? I'd like to get the icons but I really can't be bothered to play something other than summoners rift.
pretty short, but they're shit

i played two games, first one i said let's play lucy see how he is, did like shit so losing entirely my fault

second game i figured i'd play a champion that's more my style so i pick lebonk and go 22 11 25 or something

still lose

i think the mode is garbage, what can i say

brian!

I don't think there's a stupider thing he could have done. Hopefully SK will dump his toxic ass because of this.

much respect to riot for doing this
and to tsm for facilitating this

Leezard

For the whole group stage? Could you post a link? I've just seen the 3 matches thing, but I'm curious to see what would make Riot change their judgment.

edit: unless the group stage is only 3 matches per team.

pigeon

Banned
I really wanted to like Ascension, but I just couldn't :(

It has the same "only midgame champs" problem that ARAM tends to have, but with people being more toxic and difficult the whole time. It's way too optimal to avoid combat and there's no way to try to get a strategic advantage because vision is so poor. The variety of possible approaches means that your team is constantly breaking apart to try to do totally different things, because there are no objectives to concentrate your attentions. As far as I can tell, it's almost always a bad idea to try to kill Xerath. Probably the most advantaged champ type is assassins, who are already my least favorite champs because assassination is by definition noninteractive. I feel like it's just wandering around in a fog and occasionally bumping into Fiora.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Vision is really abundant on Ascension, especially because you can see people warping in. It's part of what opens up spawn camping. It probably has even less champ variety than something like ARAM because it's so focused on direct fights where backlines can be easily broken into. You can pick stuff like Mundo and Hecarim if you wanna break the Akali/Katarina meta.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom